• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenodudeX

I can't stand it when people bitch about the items you decide to make for your champ. Especially when it's a completely reasonable choice. I would of told them to fuck off personally. Phage is perfectly reasonable.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I can't stand it when people bitch about the items you decide to make for your champ. Especially when it's a completely reasonable choice. I would of told them to fuck off personally. Phage is perfectly reasonable.

Just sounds like someone who thinks they should only build the best for that role which is a stupid idea to begin with.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
That was me earlier this week. I built Phage first and someone got mad at me. I guess you're not supposed to do that anymore or something.

WHY AREN'T YOU BUILDING WARMOGS AND CLEVERS SCRUB! GG WUKONG IS NOOB REPORT PLZ.

scy

Phage is reasonable but Brutalizer first just accomplishes more for the most part. Given the choice, I'd opt for Brutalizer instead and then work towards the BC + Phage->TF (or Frozen Mallet if you can't afford to go the TF route).

It's not a rage-worthy choice though. And works out better if you needed the health in lane rather than more offense.

Just sounds like someone who thinks they should only build the best for that role which is a stupid idea to begin with.

You should always build whatever is best for your role for that game at that moment. I mean, I guess some people don't like to "take things seriously" but eh.

mercviper

Hi guys, just wanted to pop in and say I think you're all pretty great.

My gaming time has taken a sharp downturn due to intense schooling/work schedules, but I may be back in a few months if time allows.

No more NS2?
I miss you too.

How many games have you won/played and what's your elo anybody?

Curious to see how many games people with high elos have played.

I just broke 1600 again (last time was end of S1), but I haven't really tried to see how far I can go. :x Also about 1700 total games played.
it was around 500 before last year.

LCGeek

formerly sane
You should always build whatever is best for your role for that game at that moment. I mean, I guess some people don't like to "take things seriously" but eh.

You know I don't mean it like that. People build blindly to a maximum that may not fit the team that is before them. The best changes if you build from a guide or from pure crap you saw some team in a tourney do, it may not fit the comp you're against. I wasn't inferring at that moment cause what I said and what you said are different on that level, most can't even get there.

When you're serious it's another matter but I see this complaint in normals too much when it's obvious by team comps or playstyles people aren't being serious nor intend to be. Ranked, tourney, or league match are a different beast in terms of expectation.

Good stuff Merc, but I thought we talked about your status last time we played.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't even read my own posts in my voice.
No one does, that's weird.

Anyways just had a Draven AFK for the first 10 minutes, come back and he ended up 21 5 7. Unfortunately our Elise decided it was better to get that one minion instead of fighting Baron and we lost.

njean777

That was me earlier this week. I built Phage first and someone got mad at me. I guess you're not supposed to do that anymore or something.

I always build blood thirsted on every ad first. I went 14/6 on my first time with wukong. Even then we still lost. Couldn't carry the whole team...

falastini

I think Hecarim is my new favorite player, so fun to play. If you can make it out his weaker early game ok, he turns into a beast. At least it seems that way so far.

Kenai

I think Hecarim is my new favorite player, so fun to play. If you can make it out his weaker early game ok, he turns into a beast. At least it seems that way so far.

I used to not like Hecarim because when he first came out someone would play him every game and they would suck horribly (for weeks), but he's really not bad at all. Anyone who can move through impassable trees without Flash is alright in my book.

If Team Shadow Isles would get a solid ADC released for them they'd rule teh world.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Really? I've thinking about jungling him and figured with stealth and a gap closer that ganking would be his strength. I was more worried about sustain and clear times.

His combo actually uses up a lot of mana if you're so liberal with it...

zkylon

zkylewd
Hmm, still can't get my Kayle mid build thought out (I tried it before it was hip, I swear!).

Basically Black Cleaver, Liandry's, Nashor's Tooth, and I dunno.

scy

Hmm, still can't get my Kayle mid build thought out (I tried it before it was hip, I swear!).

Basically Black Cleaver, Liandry's, Nashor's Tooth, and I dunno.

Drop the Black Cleaver. Nashor's into Liandry's then decide on more AP (Deathcap) or more ASPD/CDR (Zephyr). At 40% CDR (technically, 37.5%), you have 100% E uptime so Hurricane is a good teamfight investment.

Edit: If your lane is something that won't let you get multiple autos in, you can do the Deathcap/Lichbane build instead. It's basically all about landing Q + a single E auto attack for the big burst.

Just saw Guardsman Bob on twitch. Always seen him on own3d. After a quick google search. Own3dtv is rumored to be closing down next week. Destiny doesn't have anything positive to say about them either.

Is Talon a good champ? thinking of playing him. Don't have any champs that can play mid lane.

I have been playing top exclusively for a while lol, any other lane I gotta dodge ._.

inky

Is Talon a good champ? thinking of playing him. Don't have any champs that can play mid lane.

I have been playing top exclusively for a while lol, any other lane I gotta dodge ._.

Use the ones on free rotation for that :p Usually there's enough to cover every position.

garath

I like him a lot. He's more of a counter than am every game mid but he's viable in a lot of circumstances. Pretty much crushes most ap mids.

Blizzard

Banned
Umm... just no.

People on GAF have seen what I do with Varus in lane. Ask around.

Varus use to be my main and I have over 600 games with him. Pretty sure I have over 90% win rate with him too.

If Acer's adc leveled E, he would of destroyed that mf lane. Trust me on this. I can argue with you all night with my knowledge on Varus.

Think about it. Think about Varus' kit and then think about leveling Q. Read his skills. If you don't understand, i'll write an essay on it.

And you don't simply play a 'poke' lane against mf and lulu.
I don't mean to be rude, but this confuses me a little. You've been working on getting over 1600 for a long time, correct? You seem to currently have a max of 1591 elo. And you've won over 2000 normal games so you've obviously played a ton. Yet in ranked, you apparently have exactly 2 Varus games played out of all 3 seasons combined. Why not carry some of those 600 normal Varus games over to ranked? Did your experience lead you to conclude that without Riot changes, Varus isn't viable in ranked? I personally feel like he's very rare, but that could just be because I'm low elo.

Ferga

I don't mean to be rude, but this confuses me a little. You've been working on getting over 1600 for a long time, correct? You seem to currently have a max of 1591 elo. And you've won over 2000 normal games so you've obviously played a ton. Yet in ranked, you apparently have exactly 2 Varus games played out of all 3 seasons combined. Why not carry some of those 600 normal Varus games over to ranked? Did your experience lead you to conclude that without Riot changes, Varus isn't viable in ranked? I personally feel like he's very rare, but that could just be because I'm low elo.

because varus cant carry the abomination that is 1500 elo

Play a game. Troll game. We lose. Play another game, winning, winning, teammate quits, lose. Play another game, Troll game. We lose.

tumblr_leyeuq10TK1qe2yez.jpg

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So he can carry normal games enough to the point where you have a 90% win rate but not enough in ranked games to get you out of elo far below where you belong?

The ranked environment is very different from normal. Also, solo queuing is much easier on normal than ranked. Secondly, I find it harder to carry in solo queue as an ADC than say... mid. Lastly, different elo ranges have different problems...

Snowman

The ranked environment is very different from normal. Also, solo queuing is much easier on normal than ranked. Secondly, I find it harder to carry in solo queue as an ADC than say... mid. Lastly, different elo ranges have different problems...

Also, most those normal wins are premades.

So you're saying the fact that he has a 90% winrate isn't because he's really fucking good with varus? Or just that it doesn't matter how good you are, in ranked it doesn't make a difference?

Blizzard

Banned
I have a 90%+ winrate with Sejuani this season. I don't know why it'd be that unbelievable for someone to be good with a champion.
I'm assuming you mean unranked -- do you track that? I don't know a way of tracking unranked wins unless you do it on your own (like I did with Katarina and Riven wins), unfortunately.

And not to be outdone by Corgi, I have an amazing 100% win rate in season 3 with Warwick, out of the 1 game I've played with him. :D

scy

So you're saying the fact that he has a 90% winrate isn't because he's really fucking good with varus? Or just that it doesn't matter how good you are, in ranked it doesn't make a difference?

The point is that Varus is an ADC with minimal escape potential and low-level Ranked games lend themselves to "me, myself, and I" kind of playing. ADCs without an escape are left sort of fucked in this meta of a lot of diving assassins (e.g., Kha'zix) if their team doesn't work to peel for them. Essentially, playing an ADC in Season 3 with randoms at low elo is rough due to many people playing with "ME FIRST" mentalities.

So, with premades, he has a team that he can depend on to not leave him to die, basically.

Ferga

The point is that Varus is an ADC with minimal escape potential and low-level Ranked games lend themselves to "me, myself, and I" kind of playing. ADCs without an escape are left sort of fucked in this meta of a lot of diving assassins (e.g., Kha'zix) if their team doesn't work to peel for them. Essentially, playing an ADC in Season 3 with randoms at low elo is rough due to many people playing with "ME FIRST" mentalities.

So, with premades, he has a team that he can depend on to not leave him to die, basically.

+1

No-one and I mean no-one protects adcs in 1500. No matter how you position yourself, you can't escape a fiora/kha zix/eve who just flashes and ults you and kills you in 3 skills.

Kenai

What the fuck is wrong with the server.

If it makes you feel any better, I logged in before the stupid started and all the queues are busted.

I think it is maintenance for the disconnects that have been happening, but can't be sure. I don't see any official announcements except the little notice that ranked is disabled.

Yeah, queues were a bit fucked up when I was logged in about an hour ago, so that's almost definitely related. I was assigned to a lobby that doesn't appear to exist, and attempting to reconnect to it did nothing. After a while I ended up in a login queue that just didn't move at all after the first refresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom