• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Kit synergy as in the extra damage on your Q, the higher damage riposte, more damage per hit with your E and extra damage per hit on your ult, as well as the extra health gained from the life steal.

That kit synergy, as opposed to higher damage on one ability and a lower cooldown.

That's not massive kit synergy at all.

First of all Q damage > W damage by a ton. At the highest rank Q will do a ton more damage than W and be on shorter cd.

You get 6 damage more on your Q per rank of W, but your Q is on a 16 sec cd. You could Q 2 times in that amount of time at Qs highest rank, which blows away that extra damage you get from W's ranks.

Your E gets more damage, but you're not sitting there bashing them in. You're getting in and out, like you said. You might get 3-4 hits in, which is great.. but you your gapcloser is on high cooldown, so going in for these trades happen less often.

Then once teamfights start happening your ability to chase is severely limited.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What CDR alternatives are these? If you want armor + CDR FH does it best. You still need a second CDR item past SV if you want to get close to 40%. Randuin's active was good when it was AS% as well, but now it's only MS, which was a pretty huge nerf for it. The passive only applies if they attack you as the tank, which means you're the last one standing or they're playing the fight wrong. FH's aura actively reduces the AS of multiple champions the entire fight.

Edit: I guess there's Frozen Fist too, but you aren't getting that on guys like Naut/Amu
CDR cap is pointless in most situations. Better to invest towards other things. Nobody needs armor and CDR at the same time anymore. CDR isn't even that useful on Amumu outside of the ult cooldown going down. It's easy to say the enemy won't attack the tank but that's not how it works out in many situations if they are doing their job right.

If you really need CDR Locket is right there on the table. Zeke's too for someone like Nunu.

mercviper

CDR cap is pointless in most situations. Better to invest towards other things. Nobody needs armor and CDR at the same time anymore. CDR isn't even that useful on Amumu outside of the ult cooldown going down. It's easy to say the enemy won't attack the tank but that's not how it works out in many situations if they are doing their job right.

If you really need CDR Locket is right there on the table. Zeke's too for someone like Nunu.

Locket's definitely good. I'm not so sure about Zeke's being a better option as tank. You probably want to leave it to the support.

Regarding the choice between Randuin's + FH, I remember a long time ago learning that the best choice on itemization for eHP is that you want to compare your HP and resists and try to balance it at 1000 hp per 100 resist. Meaning if you have 250 armor, 150 mr, and 2000 hp, the next item you want to get is hp to survive more physical damage, or mr to survive more magic damage. So I guess get Randuin if you really need the hp (I think I'd choose sunfire over randuin in that case), but if you already have plenty from say warmog/SV, then it's better to bring your armor total up via FH.

Saying that you're doing your job by getting them to attack you instead of the adc doesn't change that the benefit is the same either way. (in that they don't attack the rest of your team) If they realize this and ignore you then FH still get's the job done whereas Randuin is useless.

dimb

Locket's definitely good. I'm not so sure about Zeke's being a better option as tank. You probably want to leave it to the support.

Regarding the choice between Randuin's + FH, I remember a long time ago learning that the best choice on itemization for eHP is that you want to compare your HP and resists and try to balance it at 1000 hp per 100 resist. Meaning if you have 250 armor, 150 mr, and 2000 hp, the next item you want to get is hp to survive more physical damage, or mr to survive more magic damage. So I guess get Randuin if you really need the hp (I think I'd choose sunfire over randuin in that case), but if you already have plenty from say warmog/SV, then it's better to bring your armor total up via FH.

Saying that you're doing your job by getting them to attack you instead of the adc doesn't change that the benefit is the same either way. (in that they don't attack the rest of your team) If they realize this and ignore you then FH still get's the job done whereas Randuin is useless.
The numbers are going to wind up being different now with item value changes and the increase to the cost of resistances.

If you want to protect your team buy Bulwark or something. I just don't find Frozen Heart to provide effective defensive measures to your allies when the champions that pierce to the back of your line aren't going to be attack speed based. I cannot really imagine a situation where I need more armor than Tabi on top of even one other item like Sunfire, Randuin, or Locket.

Ferga

I hear Vi was played.

It was a very weird and wacko vi build by shushei.

Berserker greaves and brut were his first items and then a dagger.

And DB's xin zhao is god damn nuts. He lwent man mode and jumped into 4v1s all night. He threw and won fights. It was amusing to watch them play.

Put me in the "Garen is the most useless champion in the game/Garen = autoloss" camp.

You clearly haven't seen bronze/silver elo where Garen facerolls everyone. Top laners at that elo can't fight him and feed him so he just shits on everyone.

--------------

So me being the sucker that I am I bought Thresh (bundle ofc). That's three bundles on the trot now. Hopefully I don't feel as burned by this as I do Nami.

I shouldn't be allowed have money.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Does anyone else here stream? I'm just starting out and wondering if anyone has any experience they could share.

I've spent the past night getting Open Broadcaster Software to work and the stream quality is finally where I want it to be at a comfortable to watch 720p.

http://www.twitch.tv/slightlydani

I have two accounts, one in EU and Nordi and a NA account and I was thinking of streaming PBE stuff too - is that allowed?

If anyone has any suggestions advice or anything, I'd be more than interested in hearing it.

And yeah, I'm not the best player in the world. :D

Where the heck is vhfive?

And for the wallets stuff, been playing about five months and have spent nothing. :)

Ken

mercviper streams

IT TAKES A LOT OF EFFORT
IT TAKES A LOT OF EFFORT
IT TAKES A LOT OF EFFORT
IT TAKES A LOT OF EFFORT
IT TAKES A LOT OF EFFORT
IT TAKES A LOT OF EFFORT

mercviper

mercviper streams

IT TAKES A LOT OF EFFORT
IT TAKES A LOT OF EFFORT
IT TAKES A LOT OF EFFORT
IT TAKES A LOT OF EFFORT
IT TAKES A LOT OF EFFORT
IT TAKES A LOT OF EFFORT

hahaha oops. My stream settings got reset too so now I have to figure it all out again xD.

Thresh is incredible you guys.

That moment when your team finally realises after you tell them 6 times what your lantern does and they all start running to it to fly to you = the best.

Also them pulls + The Box. Wow. 99% slow GG.

Put me in the "Garen is the most useless champion in the game/Garen = autoloss" camp.

New Garen is amazing versus teams where he can jump on some AP squishes. That silence plus W's % reduction survives burst and shreds.

He's still a shit pick overall but he's fun to play.

I thought Riot didn't believe in anti-fun though.

But you can count-QUIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

images

dimb

hey soda

where can i watch that sejuani you were talking about yesterday
I don't know if there is a place to watch him. It doesn't look like he streams. I just happened to see it in the featured games thing. If I ever see Sejuani on there I usually check it out. There was another one today, but they just built Spirit Stone so I didn't watch that long.

I just recently got into this game. I'm level 6 with no experience playing with human players. One thing discouraging me from playing is the fact that my ping randomly jumps from 35 to 200 (probably the background programs for Windows 8). Second is the playerbase.

Any advice?

JesseZao

I just recently got into this game. I'm level 6 with no experience playing with human players. One thing discouraging me from playing is the fact that my ping randomly jumps from 35 to 200 (probably the background programs for Windows 8). Second is the playerbase.

Any advice?

One thing that might be causing ping issues could be if you still have Pando Media Booster installed. It's a P2P program used to dl the client. Use Control Panel Add/Remove Program list to delete it.

Opiate

Hi guys, just wanted to pop in and say I think you're all pretty great.

My gaming time has taken a sharp downturn due to intense schooling/work schedules, but I may be back in a few months if time allows.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Hi guys, just wanted to pop in and say I think you're all pretty great.

My gaming time has taken a sharp downturn due to intense schooling/work schedules, but I may be back in a few months if time allows.

I know that feeling well. Got a new job and senior semester is starting to kick in. I'll be lucky if I can watch League much less play it.

AZ Greg

Just played my first game! First time playing this type of game too!

I went 0-22-1

Think I'll do the tutorial now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom