• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm assuming you mean unranked -- do you track that? I don't know a way of tracking unranked wins unless you do it on your own (like I did with Katarina and Riven wins), unfortunately.
I don't play ranked, so yeah, normals. There is not much to keep track of, but I pay attention to when I lose. I've played between 25-30 Sejuani games and have only lost two.

j2y0RgD.png

LOL. I knew I shouldn't have logged off.

zkylon

zkylewd
Drop the Black Cleaver. Nashor's into Liandry's then decide on more AP (Deathcap) or more ASPD/CDR (Zephyr). At 40% CDR (technically, 37.5%), you have 100% E uptime so Hurricane is a good teamfight investment.

Edit: If your lane is something that won't let you get multiple autos in, you can do the Deathcap/Lichbane build instead. It's basically all about landing Q + a single E auto attack for the big burst.
I kinda don't want to build her full AP, something more like a Teemo, maybe.

Just had a game thrown because our Vayne wanted to backdoor when everyone said no.

Dies, they get baron, then we lose.

We were winning the whole game..

Its like people don't even think

Ken

tasili: report nidalee for griefing
tasili: an being useless
13elief: lol
Corgi the Chloe: ?
tasili: nice 8.3k gold
13elief: i was griefing right
tasili: fucking garbage
13elief: lol!
tasili: nocs build
tasili: is fucking trash
13elief: u think cause u got 10 kills ur good eh?
tasili: i cant belive we lost to that
LuciferSpaceb0y: twitch ur really bad
LuciferSpaceb0y: admit it
LuciferSpaceb0y: 12 deaths
tasili: lmfaoooooooo
13elief: u realize u accounted for 1/3 of our teams deaths right?
tasili: the two worst players
tasili: are qqing
tasili: about me being bad
tasili: i got kills
13elief: qqing?
tasili: because im good
LuciferSpaceb0y: u fed noc too much
tasili: they dived me
13elief: thats all i heard from you all game
tasili: i killed 2-3
13elief: they dived me too
tasili: you got down syndrome
13elief: i had 0 ganks
13elief: whats ur excuse?
LuciferSpaceb0y: tasili: because im good
tasili: ya
LuciferSpaceb0y: tasili: because im good
tasili: cause shyvana is shit
tasili: she lost jungle
tasili: on the best counter jungler
tasili: in the game
LuciferSpaceb0y: lol u fed him
13elief: i had to go against a lane that got an advantage
LuciferSpaceb0y: u expect me to win?
13elief: AT A DIFFERENT LANE
tasili: i got dived
tasili: 8 times
LuciferSpaceb0y: answer
tasili: by noc mf nunu
LuciferSpaceb0y: u fed him
13elief: kid
13elief: ur trash
tasili: an i still won
LuciferSpaceb0y: u expect people to defeat him?
13elief: uninstall
tasili: my lane
tasili: you fucking trash bag
LuciferSpaceb0y: ur mind mia?
13elief: madbro?
13elief: nah luci
LuciferSpaceb0y: reported for unskilled
13elief: it wouldve had to be there for it to be missing
tasili: i bet you two was duo q
tasili: fucking garbage both of you
tasili: cant even cs properly
LuciferSpaceb0y: lol
13elief: and i bet u have been over 1400
LuciferSpaceb0y: ur just bad
tasili: an contributed nothing
13elief: LoL!
tasili: im plat on 5 different accounts
tasili: nid your 2-6-2
tasili: you was there for 2 kills out of 20
tasili: you are shit

!

bjaelke

Fantastic comeback from Dragonborns.

Game 2 is making my head hurt. This is like some 900 elo solo queue. No idea what's going on.

Which games should I look for later when watching VODs? I want interesting well executed team comps or something, only going to watch two-three games.

scy

I kinda don't want to build her full AP, something more like a Teemo, maybe.

Teemo builds full AP, barring the Malady I guess.

Hybrid Kayle doesn't really work nearly as well as AP/ASPD. I guess you could build Nashor's -> Liandry's -> Rageblade -> Gunblade but you're basically just gimping yourself, really.

Edit: My preferred way is the full-on AP/ASPD build so Nashor's, Liandry, and Zephyr (+ Hurricane, if this game somehow went that long). I just note the higher AP route if you're against someone that will try to disengage on you and that you can't really keep up with her Q slow + W speed. Also worth mentioning, AP/ASPD Kayle still levels Q first. I'd probably get W over E still. So EQQW / EQWQ and then R>Q>W>E.

Blizzard

Banned
Can't carry in ranked with varus? :p

To be fair, they did have zilean support, which is awful, but there you go.
If I understand correctly, Rex's argument is something along the lines of at 1600 elo, almost every game has an assassin who is good enough to instantly kill the AD carry, but not many/any good support or tank players who will defend the AD carry.

I was thinking about that this morning, and in that case I wonder if Graves, Ezreal, and Corki might still be reasonable for 1600 elo solo queue, since they each have the ability to reposition or slightly escape if dived.

Agkel

So the formula to winning, is picking up after your derp team mates?

I have for the past 16 matches with fid, built some weak ass shit builds, and play jungle/support in order for my team to stop sucking so much ass. Building tanky and spending all of my freaking gold on wards, because they dont fucking ward their lanes. Also babysitting these fuckers because they dont understand that 1v3 is bad so I have to be there to fear/silence the enemy in order for them to get away.

You know what? It works. I'm 13 wins out of those 16 but god I hate having to play like this. I really need to get myself a group to play with.

Ferga

Can't carry in ranked with varus? :p

To be fair, they did have zilean support, which is awful, but there you go.

You see in your game, there isn't anyone to instantly bite your face off. In 1500, kha zix and evelyn are instaban and there is an assassin top 90% of the time like fiora, zed, pantheon.

I was once 7/0 miss fortune full hp. I was beginning to b at tower. My support b'ed a second before me. A evelyn who was 2 levels below me with nothing but DFG and boots 1 came along and killed me within a second with DFG-ult-E-2Qs-ignite under tower. She just activated W and ran off with pretty much full hp.

That game made me rage quit playing adcs ever again. We lost that game because that eve did the same shit and noone bothered to ever protect a fed MF. I started to stand way behind fights to ult but eve just kept flashing over and chasing me down while my team was tower diving not giving a crap about actually peeling.

If I understand correctly, Rex's argument is something along the lines of at 1600 elo, almost every game has an assassin who is good enough to instantly kill the AD carry, but not many/any good support or tank players who will defend the AD carry.

I was thinking about that this morning, and in that case I wonder if Graves, Ezreal, and Corki might still be reasonable for 1600 elo solo queue, since they each have the ability to reposition or slightly escape if dived.

And you are correct.

zkylon

zkylewd
Teemo builds full AP, barring the Malady I guess.

Hybrid Kayle doesn't really work nearly as well as AP/ASPD. I guess you could build Nashor's -> Liandry's -> Rageblade -> Gunblade but you're basically just gimping yourself, really.

Edit: My preferred way is the full-on AP/ASPD build so Nashor's, Liandry, and Zephyr (+ Hurricane, if this game somehow went that long). I just note the higher AP route if you're against someone that will try to disengage on you and that you can't really keep up with her Q slow + W speed. Also worth mentioning, AP/ASPD Kayle still levels Q first. I'd probably get W over E still. So EQQW / EQWQ and then R>Q>W>E.
Why Zephyr? Isn't that a bit AS overkill?

scy

Why Zephyr? Isn't that a bit AS overkill?

Because it's not ASPD Overkill. Nashor's + Liandry's is all about applications done so you need more auto-attacks. A lot of your damage is with the E procs as well so, again, more swings are needed. Zephyr is ~3700g value without factoring the Tenacity. If you can guarantee a Blue Buff always on when relevant, the CDR is kind of wasted but Nashor's + Zephyr gets you to 33-34% CDR (3-4% base from Masteries, 20% from Nashor's, 10% from Zephyr).

Just to note, all that won't ASPD cap you if that's what you're getting at.

Ken

I can't seem to jive with Amumu and Tryndamere, despite trying.

Whenever I play another character, I tend to charge in like with Yi. Not good.

Sounds like you should play an assassin or bruiser if you like to dive in. Maybe Olaf or Xin Zhao?

As for ADC I think scy said they're making a new ADC soon so maybe save up for that. Otherwise, I'd just try out the ADCs that show up in the free rotation.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Sounds like you should play an assassin or bruiser if you like to dive in. Maybe Olaf or Xin Zhao?

As for ADC I think scy said they're making a new ADC soon so maybe save up for that. Otherwise, I'd just try out the ADCs that show up in the free rotation.

Been eyeballing up Xin Xhao and Olaf. Thinking of going Volibear maybe - something that can take damage as much as dish it out. Yi is awesome, but so, so squishy.

Ken

Been eyeballing up Xin Xhao and Olaf. Thinking of going Volibear maybe - something that can take damage as much as dish it out. Yi is awesome, but so, so squishy.

Do you want to be a man or a polar bear.

I've dabbled in a little bit of the dark magicks of top lane Volibear. He's alright in laning but I feel like he falls off late game where he's just a walking ball of HP with a flip. Xin Zhao lanes better, can sustain in lane without a long CD passive, has a CD reducing skill in his Q, trades well against most people, and he's getting a Zhao Yun skin. Also his E can reach most ADCs but those with absurdly long range like level 18 Tristana or Caitlyn so if you're well geared you can take their ADC out of the fight for awhile if not outright kill them.

JesseZao

For those who have dabbled in streaming:

Which program do you use?

I downloaded XSplit, but you can't use it to stream unless you pay. There isn't even a trial period to see how well it works...

Is there a good free solution out there? I stumbled upon FFSplit, but not sure if it's reputable.

I could always try the Origin streaming (lol) or play some Onlive (ahead of it's time, too bad really).

inky

Both Xin and Olaf are man mode champs. I prefer them to Voli tbh, Olaf especially is 'go in there and get shit done.'

riot should just release that new ADC already. my wallet is overflowing, i need to spend some IP.

go garen. always go garen.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

I've dabbled in a little bit of the dark magicks of top lane Volibear. He's alright in laning but I feel like he falls off late game where he's just a walking ball of HP with a flip. Xin Zhao lanes better, can sustain in lane without a long CD passive, has a CD reducing skill in his Q, trades well against most people, and he's getting a Zhao Yun skin. Also his E can reach most ADCs but those with absurdly long range like level 18 Tristana or Caitlyn so if you're well geared you can take their ADC out of the fight for awhile if not outright kill them.

Awesome points. One thing you neglect to mention is Volibear's visual intimidation. Seeing a big tank chase you down gives most folks pause for thought.

But your Xin details all sound pretty darn reasonable. You've helped me make my choice. :)

And I hear Olaf might be getting nerfed? Shame.

I downloaded XSplit, but you can't use it to stream unless you pay. There isn't even a trial period to see how well it works...

Is there a good free solution out there? I stumbled upon FFSplit, but not sure if it's reputable.

I could always try the Origin streaming (lol) or play some Onlive (ahead of it's time, too bad really).

http://obsproject.com/

Play around with that and I'll try to help answering any questions you have.

I can output 1080p/60FPS streams with that, but I've found a sweet spot streaming at 720p. It's free and pretty awesome.

go garen. always go garen.

I can't stand Garen. Just looking at him makes me angry.

Ken

Awesome points. One thing you neglect to mention is Volibear's visual intimidation. Seeing a big tank chase you down gives most folks pause for thought.

But your Xin details all sound pretty darn reasonable. You've helped me make my choice. :)

And I hear Olaf might be getting nerfed? Shame.

Vi is also pretty solid for just charging in with her ult.

"A walking ball of HP with a flip."
Good description.

JesseZao

http://obsproject.com/

Play around with that and I'll try to help answering any questions you have.

I can output 1080p/60FPS streams with that, but I've found a sweet spot streaming at 720p. It's free and pretty awesome.

I'll try it out later, thanks! I don't think my 1Mb Upload could handle 1080p anyway, so I was planning on trying 720p from the get-go. Curse stagnant NA internet infrastructure! Google pls.

Volibear is an average laner yes, but late game he's a monster. Catch a stray off guard and more than likely he's dead. His w is percentage based so you can build health and still do dmg. Give him some atkspd and he'll rape hard. Not to mention he can peel for your adc. He's vastly underrated. If he could jungle better I would play him more.

mercviper

You can use xsplit for free, you just need to use screen projection instead of the game option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom