• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercviper

Yeah, our lee sin kept coming to try and help but there were counter ganks like every time which really sucked, mid and top ended up losing too and then the game just went horribly, just one of those frustrating games, but hopefully the next will go better and i'll be able to try for the 80 by 10!

I hate games like that. It feels like the enemy jungler knows what I'm doing at all times and there's nothing I can do about it. But then I get the biggest grin when the situation is reversed and I'm counterganking like a boss.

Edit: If it's early enough and you can farm under tower well, there really isn't a need to regain control of the lane. Also, if it's to the point where jungler help with the gank isn't going to help either, it may be best to consider the lane lost and have the jungler apply himself to other lanes instead.

Inskipp

XUYMGg7.png

Absolutely no Warmogs required.

zkylon

zkylewd
180 @ 20 is 76%...
4% dude, c'mon.

To be fair, his point was more about "Why did 100@10/180@20 become 80@10/150@20?" than the advice or anything. The lowering of the bar.

80/180 isn't a bad benchmark for most players; 60/160 -> 80/180 -> 95/200 is roughly that progression. And, again, it helps to not look at it as a quota or a goal, but a guideline or, as merc put it above, a grading scale. It's something to compare to, not so much something that MUST be fulfilled.
Use 80/180 then, I'm not against it or anything, I may have "overlowered" it. It's just my response to finding myself constantly unable to hit 100@10, 220@20, and a CS that from my experience isn't nowhere near bad (and a far cry from excellent I'm sure).

Case in point...

XUYMGg7.png

Absolutely no Warmogs required.
For all I know a good player of 1500 elo and on his match people are hovering on the 180 cs on a 35 minute match.

It's just one example, I know, but this is been for the most part my experience.

Probably my mistake would've been to say 150 cs by 20 minutes is something to generally aim for, rather than saying it's kind of the norm.

scy

4% dude, c'mon.

Well, I think that was more to "150 isn't close to 80%, 180 is 76% after all."

Use 80/180 then, I'm not against it or anything, I may have "overlowered" it. It's just my response to finding myself constantly unable to hit 100@10, 220@20, and a CS that from my experience isn't nowhere near bad (and a far cry from excellent I'm sure).

It's not really about the numbers themselves. It was more just "Oh, this benchmark is too high, let's lower it some." :x

zkylon

zkylewd
Well, I think that was more to "150 isn't close to 80%, 180 is 76% after all."
Are you trolling? I'm pointing out that you say 80% is reasonable and my 76% is under that.
Ah, my bad. I was like reading three different stuff and was dumb.

It's not really about the numbers themselves. It was more just "Oh, this benchmark is too high, let's lower it some." :x
Well, but it's literally that. I set my benchmark to something achievable, when I succeed I set it a bit higher, etc.

scy

Well, but it's literally that. I set my benchmark to something achievable, when I succeed I set it a bit higher, etc.

Yeah, I was going to edit in a comment saying that it may just be conflicting views. I'd rather set my goal higher (practically max, in this case) and grade myself according to that. I'll consider the milestones ("Hooray, averaging 150 now instead of 120!" -> "160 instead of 150!" -> etc.) but my benchmark itself won't change.

Ken

You should post replays of your games so we can witness the failure glory of ranked games.

I don't know how to set up replay thing. I went to LoLreplay and there hasn't been an update in awhile?

If you want to know, our team focused Udyr for 20 seconds and ignored the Ezreal giving Ez a triple kill.

Later we chased Udyr (their jungler) for another 30 seconds or so, killed him (yay), went to Baron, and still had it stolen.

Dixenknutts: top plz
Kayzera28: top
Access Denied: mid pref
Dixenknutts: taking mid then
Calamity NA: adc/jungle
Kayzera28: might take shen if he is not picked
Calamity NA: kk
Calamity NA: shld run a tf/shen mid/top
Calamity NA: xD
Kayzera28: XD
Kayzera28: ali anyone?
Calamity NA: he sucks now
Calamity NA: xD
Corgi the Chloe: why do you play wu kong
Calamity NA: y not
Corgi the Chloe: because he's useless
Calamity NA: lmfao
Dixenknutts: I like wu mid
Calamity NA: obv
Calamity NA: u been stuck
Dixenknutts: better than top
Calamity NA: in shit elo
Calamity NA: forever
Corgi the Chloe: ok
Corgi the Chloe: show me

im so excite

Neki

Borders are so stupid, every time things go sour in a ranked game, the first thing I hear is "you're not even silver, how are you at this elo?" I have no idea what Riot was looking to accomplish.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Borders are so stupid, every time things go sour in a ranked game, the first thing I hear is "you're not even silver, how are you at this elo?" I have no idea what Riot was looking to accomplish.

They wanted to give more than just a skin for people's accomplishments. The intentions were good but the implementation was horribly flawed. There should be an option to disable the borders, yet another failure of the poor client design.

I only play League on an iPad.

Do you only play beta champions as well?

Ken

yeah idk people love to just not doing any for 10 minutes with a kill and gold lead. i guess i need to stop playing support.

we'll let singed take two towers top while we are grouped up around mid and act intimidating and take nothing.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I just realized. I'm going to be rusty as fuck when I come back .

I was waiting for the new ranked system to come out before I start playing again but then I realized that I will be rusty as hell and will probably end up in the copper league. Then again, a large number of people will probably do that in the first couple of weeks as well.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
yeah idk people love to just not doing any for 10 minutes with a kill and gold lead. i guess i need to stop playing support.

we'll let singed take two towers top while we are grouped up around mid and act intimidating and take nothing.
Is Thresh not an initiator?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So I'm playing again.

Why do people keep thinking I want mid as Lux now? Am I missing something? I'm still rolling Clair and buying dozens of wards?

Has my Lux finally been accepted as an AP carry? Build doesn't change either way :p

zkylon

zkylewd
So I'm playing again.

Why do people keep thinking I want mid as Lux now? Am I missing something? I'm still rolling Clair and buying dozens of wards?

Has my Lux finally been accepted as an AP carry? Build doesn't change either way :p
I dunno why, but Lux feels a lot better in S3 than she did in S2.

Blizzard

Banned
Dude, you have no idea how much i rage internally if I miss a cannon minion. It's the same feeling I get when a girl hits on me at a party but I'm too drunk to realize it until after they leave.

There was a time as Gangplank when I laned him top and still took smite...JUST FOR CANNON MINIONS!
I'm totally the same way. If I'm mid and use an autoattack instead of an ability to kill a cannon minion, then miss the kill, INTERNAL SILENT RAGE. :(

Ken

Dodger5: my sup is 16% win ratio
Dodger5: look me up
Dodger5: but whatever i'll troll it since i am last pick

aka I'm too lazy to learn how to support so if you don't give me what I want I'll troll!!

also "look me up on lolking" should be a pick-up line

JesseZao

Dodger5: my sup is 16% win ratio
Dodger5: look me up
Dodger5: but whatever i'll troll it since i am last pick

aka I'm too lazy to learn how to support so if you don't give me what I want I'll troll!!

also "look me up on lolking" should be a pick-up line

El Oh, I'm the Elk King, I'm win made of pure dear-antler spray. Never heard of me? You should be lulking me up right now!

Snowman

Decided to buy an ahri skin because she's who I play if I end up having to go mid. Need some opinions though.. Foxfire or Midnight?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Decided to buy an ahri skin because she's who I play if I end up having to go mid. Need some opinions though.. Foxfire or Midnight?

Foxfire has the cooler skin/particle effects. I personally like Midnight but that's because Firefox wasn't available.

Ferga

i'll never be 1500

riven dc's and dies to garen
comes back 3 level difference
continues to feed garen and dc

The game that would have made me go past 1600:

I was 7/1 Graves. Mid won by 30 farm. Top lane was up in kills and got the tower. Jungle was even. Have 2 dragons.

Top laner decides to 5v1 3 times in a row because he got cocky with his score. Dies and baits the entire team to die with him. Get aced 3 times. Lose baron, dragons and eventually map control.
Nome played Talon and carried the crap out of the enemy team even though he was bullied by my mid laner and had no farm. GAF denying my dreams.

After that game, I lost my sanity and went down to 1400 elo.

zkylon

zkylewd
The game that would have made me go past 1600:

I was 7/1 Graves. Mid won by 30 farm. Top lane was up in kills and got the tower. Jungle was even. Have 2 dragons.

Top laner decides to 5v1 3 times in a row because he got cocky with his score. Dies and baits the entire team to die with him. Get aced 3 times. Lose baron, dragons and eventually map control.
Nome played Talon and carried the crap out of the enemy team even though he was bullied by my mid laner and had no farm. GAF denying my dreams.

After that game, I lost my sanity and went down to 1400 elo.
Typical toppers. All them Xin Zhaos and Dariuses.

been playing this a fair bit and have moved on from Janna now. My new love is Lulu (and got her dragon tamer skin lol). God damn she is fun and can totally turn a fight around.

I have also started using Kayle and Lux as well.

So if i get bot support I can be lulu.

If not i can go mid as Lux or top as Kayle as they are both not true supports and end up with a good mix damage and utility. Kayle can dish out some nice DPS while slowing/nuking enemies and making someone invincible for a few seconds which is pretty handy. Lux is just fun for hanging back and then executing people with her ultimate but it requires a team that sticks together.

Shame that the few games I have played as Lux so far tend to consist of derp teams with tanks that don't understand they kinda need to lead the charge in the team fight.

Had a game that annoyed me a fair bit. I select a support char (not Lulu at the time) and call bot. Then someone else locks in Lulu and says support. He then claims he said support so he gets it......seeing as he locked in I just chose Kayle, went top and let him get on with it.

He goes bot all right.... however no wards and pure ability power items and just spent the game trying to get kills lol. Ho hum. Luckily we won but it just annoys me when people take support roles and don't actually support at all.

Also what is it about people who choose Pentheon (the spartan dude) and it making them spend the entire game hunting down enemies all over the place, going for nothing but kills and then calling everyone else noobs when he is the initiator but keeps teleporting all over the place so the team cant stick with them. Almost ever time we get one on our team I eye role.

Ferga

don't worry rex and ken

I'm living all of our dreams

You will try to break 1800s then fall back into 1500s. You will be filled with so much rage and suffering, your spirit will break. You will fall into darkness. It will engulf you.

All the while, I will be silently watching your elo. Laughing.
ugbFFiX.png

Neki

You will try to break 1800s then fall back into 1500s. You will be filled with so much rage and suffering, your spirit will break. You will fall into darkness. It will engulf you.

All the while, I will be silently watching your elo. Laughing.
ugbFFiX.png

don't worry boken is in elo hell with all you guys now

he now knows our pain

how does it feel boken

how does it feel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom