• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8D3vil

...oh. We're not supposed to do stuff like that?
At least practice with fucking bot for 5 minute to understand the damn champion or read some guides.
He was honest about being shitty and ask us to report him for his insane feed (he was Maokai and he was playing him counter jungle style like Shyvanna).
I remember when rank used to include the free rotation, Elo Hell in full power.

zkylon

zkylewd
I wasn't sticking to my lane the whole match. Generally after the first tower is down, I take a look about but by that stage I think my team was on the defence in the other lanes.

I tried to keep the team together, using myself to help bully and harass or outright kill any opponents by themselves.

One of my main problems, when it comes to team fights, is I'm usually the main target for the enemy team. I've noticed that when I play with Yi and I've noticed that with Xin. I think I end up making myself out to be a huge target by pissing folks off and it comes to 5 on 5, or 4 on 4 teamfights, I usually end up taking quite the beating.

With Xin and his slight tankiness and increased HP over, say Yi, I've been able to survive much longer these days.

I think the problem was in the last game, I was fed, but the enemy team had two fatties. They weren't quite as fat as I was, but numbers win.

That's what I think after looking over the game again.
Buy an early Warmog's if you're fed mid game with champions like Xin.

That way they can't stop you, and you either let your level's advantage or your team mates do the actual killing while you focus on making the enemy team's life miserable.

Bruisers are supposed to be hard to kill, otherwise they're just ad carries that you don't have to get close to to burst down with spells.

I know that as an AP mid I really like when people build full damage and I can destroy them with ease.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Once we get back into the swing of things, this may be for the best.

That's probably my plan as well. Just gonna duo with my buddy and see how far we can go.

scy

I wasn't sticking to my lane the whole match. Generally after the first tower is down, I take a look about but by that stage I think my team was on the defence in the other lanes.

The question becomes when did you take the tower. And why wasn't it earlier? Or why not roaming after pushing to the tower? Put another way, you're involved in 34 total kills and yet only have 15k gold; they probably got more objectives than you but it's worth keeping in mind. Repeat kills (when they don't get kills or assists of their own) are worth less and less, hence why farming kills in lane isn't worth it generally.

Beyond that, your build doesn't really take advantage of your kit all that well or your advantage. Becoming an unkillable diving force would've made a larger impact in the mid-game. Zephyr isn't a great choice that early (it's a "finishing the build up" sort of item); FM + Warmog's would've done more. You're basically a glass cannon in that build and with how fed you are, it creates a very obvious, "Kill that guy" gameplan.

I think the problem was in the last game, I was fed, but the enemy team had two fatties. They weren't quite as fat as I was, but numbers win.

They were each more fed than you despite you having more kills (though, much of that might've come in later). But, at the same time, Mordekaiser's build is awful (he's an AP Caster, he built him AD Bruiser for I guess his Q) and they have a worse team comp simply by virtue of your team having an ADC.

Without watching the game, all I can really say is that your team threw it somehow. I wouldn't blame them (entirely) for it, though, lest you overlook your own mistakes.

Edit: This isn't to try and blame you or anything (I haven't watched the game and all), just trying to point out to try not to overlook your own play. No matter how badly the team screws things up, you can always do better yourself and try to make up for those mistakes. It's called "carrying" for a reason. Be sure to analyze what you did and how it could've went better.

Will we try harder in ranked or try too hard?

Yes.

Maybe we'll yaknow make some fucking working team comps instead of random xyz. All I know is, nap time. Then ladder tonight since I got nothing going on tomorrow.

Then we need to check some egos at the door and figure something out. We might not need some hard set "these five picks" sort of comps but at least some synergy could go a long way.

Though, honestly, above all it just needs to be five picks everyone is comfortable playing.

zkylon

zkylewd
RIOT MAKING AN EXCLUSIVE SKIN AVAILABLE FOR EVERYONE??? INTERNET RAGEEE.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3064264
Man, people are dumb, good for Riot, even if it's just temporary, to give people a chance not to waste money on a dumb pack.

Here's hoping Panda Annie will go for 975 as well.

I think the problem area will be the people who bought the pack JUST for the skin.
That's really Riot's fault for making that sort of stuff. I hate legacy and exclusive skins with a passion (unless it's reward stuff like Victorious Janna), it just brings the worst on people.

JesseZao

I haven't been playing my normal account so I've been putting off my placement matches. I only played 6 I think. Do I get placed at my estimated elo then? or do I get placed at my reset post-S2 elo? Figured I'd have this weekend to get gold at least. Oh well. I was playing only Elise too, and she's getting nerfed :D. Guess I'll have to branch out.

RIOT MAKING AN EXCLUSIVE SKIN AVAILABLE FOR EVERYONE??? INTERNET RAGEEE.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3064264

RiotHippalus on Reddit said:
Update - based on the feedback here, we’re no longer planning to release Goth Annie into the store as a standalone skin with the upcoming patch.
To anyone who was excited about the prospect of picking up Goth Annie, we’ll be looking for better ways to meet your needs as well as the needs of players who value skin exclusivity.

And now they back down...I wish people would form outrage at things that are worth fixing. Things like...the client, champion bugs, terrain bugs, etc...

This community gets entitled about the dumbest things.

Ken

And now they back down...I wish people would form outrage at things that are worth fixing. Things like...the client, champion bugs, terrain bugs, etc...

this community is the best

The League of Taking Turns Going to the Restroom

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

People complain about that stuff too, but those things aren't so easily fixed.

Agkel

It's a tough one though, you either piss off people that are willing to drop crazy amounts of rp for just one skin (the people that bought the pack for goth) or you piss off people that were waiting to spend less rp on said skin.

If the sales data was as black and white as I presented them, and they have this data on hand showing a lot of big whales indeed bought the pack for the skin... then it would make complete business sense to piss off the people that will make you the less amount of money and take the sale off.

edit: Imo all skins should be available at the store right now, except those skins that are rewards for something that was accomplished. But any skin that has been on sale for rp, I think should be available.

Also, wtf at the lack of marketing from Riot. Look at the empire fucking angry birds built for Rovio and LoL, which has crazy amount of opportunity at merchandizing, has literally zero merch to buy.

Rokal

Also, wtf at the lack of marketing from Riot. Look at the empire fucking angry birds built for Rovio and LoL, which has crazy amount of opportunity at merchandizing, has literally zero merch to buy.

They have a decent amount of merchandise available online, there is even a link at the top of the main LoL page.

zkylon

zkylewd
Seeker's Armguard, I want you in my inventory, now!

20 AP for 310g is very nice.

It's a tough one though, you either piss off people that are willing to drop crazy amounts of rp for just one skin (the people that bought the pack for goth) or you piss off people that were waiting to spend less rp on said skin.

If the sales data was as black and white as I presented them, and they have this data on hand showing a lot of big whales indeed bought the pack for the skin... then it would make complete business sense to piss off the people that will make you the less amount of money and take the sale off.

edit: Imo all skins should be available at the store right now, except those skins that are rewards for something that was accomplished. But any skin that has been on sale for rp, I think should be available.

It could be easily be solved by say, giving all previous Goth Annie owners like 1k RP or something.

That way's everyone's happy and everyone keeps buying RP like usual.

You gotta spend money to make money, riot pls.

Agkel

They have a decent amount of merchandise available online, there is even a link at the top of the main LoL page.

oh god, well i shall eat some delicious crow. For some reason I had not seen the merchandise tab. I guess all of those years ignoring integrated ads, have made me never look at the top part of a website.

It could be easily be solved by say, giving all previous Goth Annie owners like 1k RP or something.

That way's everyone's happy and everyone keeps buying RP like usual.

You gotta spend money to make money, riot pls.

I think something like that would have worked really well, but it makes too much sense to be done by Riot.

fake edit: I'll probably eat some type of crow on that second statement too :O
real edit: There doesn't seem to be much merchandise at all. They have 100+ champions to create all kinds of things, figurines, clothing accessories, all kinds of crazy shit but they barely have anything there. Again I refer to Angry Birds for an example of what great marketing is.

So I shall regurgitate some of that crow and spit it in Riot's direction :p

zkylon

zkylewd
I think something like that would have worked really well, but it makes too much sense to be done by Riot.

There's a good number of things they can do to make everyone happy and RP and skins cost them nothing, so why not just give a few out for free every now and then, and keep the masses content?

It doesn't help that people suck, that's for sure.

real edit: There doesn't seem to be much merchandise at all. They have 100+ champions to create all kinds of things, figurines, clothing accessories, all kinds of crazy shit but they barely have anything there. Again I refer to Angry Birds for an example of what great marketing is.

There's like Teemo hats and this shirt is cool and wearable in public (unlike say the blitz hoodie): http://www.jinx.com/p/league_of_leg...ers_premium_tee.html?catid=&s=leagueoflegends

JesseZao

oh god, well i shall eat some delicious crow. For some reason I had not seen the merchandise tab. I guess all of those years ignoring integrated ads, have made me never look at the top part of a website.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that they should do something like Skylander's where you buy a physical figure/statue/whatever and unlock the champion or skin in game. Would sell like crazy. They could also start a CCG and have special rare codes for stuff a la WoWCCG, but I personally don't like that system. I think it'd be fun to have a miniature game like the recent W-Wing one, but I have no idea how that could work.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Corgi, join me. Together we will escape ELO hell!

(Or be consumed by it)

JesseZao

According to that patch vid, friends are more likely to be in your league! Looks like GAF needs to do another wave of friend exchanges like when spectating was implemented. Would be awesome to see more gaffers in solo queue games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom