• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXGN

Keyd's playcaller was reading the game far, far better than LG IM. They just made really quick, decisive, smart plays all game to make up for some inferior laning stage situations. Amazing game to watch though, I love me a good teamfight comp.

Yeah, LGIM really underestimated Keyd. You could see it from picks and bans - Keyd banned LGIM's best champions (MF, Lee Sin and TF) whereas LGIM banned out generic FOTM champions. Of course, Keyd got really lucky with a few of those Baron picks, but that's what happens when you let your guard down like LGIM.

garath

New Anivia skin?

Zyklon freaking ninja editing me.

Omg. That is such a cool ass skin. I don't even play Anivia... :( :(

edit2: I actually can't wait until that skin is released. I'm going to play Akali/Kat/Kassadin mid non stop against all the skin wielding Anivias. Will be fun.

So where do you guys get your streams? I'm not planning on paying to get notifications, that's for sure.

??

www.twitch.tv

I usually just go to LoL and watch a couple till I find one I want. You can follow any number of people for free. Subscribing costs but that's just to remove ads anyways. Ads don't bother me.

scy

Yeah, I run that start with someone like Leona where I don't depend so much on mana regen and it's easier for them to poke at you. I basically think about if I'll be taking more poke or not to determine if I get a pink over green + 3rd pot. Another thing about the pink is that it allows you to really secure dominance in the lane if you can get an early lead.

Yeah, Green + 3rd Pot over Pink comes down to the lane match-up; my default is the 2 Green/1 Pink so I can deny one ward. Though, it rarely seems to be the all-important river/tri ward so it doesn't even open up a gank opportunity ;_;

Building Emblem first* then transitioning to Locket is something I'll have to try again, but I think that'll be more fluid on how I think the game is flowing. When building the Aegis now, I always get Emblem + health first, and usually 1shot the remaining recipe. I guess if at that point in the game I think it'll be lane phase longer I will build Locket then Aegis, otherwise Aegis for the team fights into Locket.

True, my first two items are Emblem + Ruby Crystal which means jumping right into Aegis is cheaper than jumping into Locket (by 325g). I just feel Locket gives more since it's rather cost effective for your own stats (+CDR!) and the shield ends up blocking more damage than Armor/MR would.

Plus, it helps get me into the habit of actually hitting the damn thing.

*with philo + sightstone before emblem.

I find that I prefer the Emblem earlier. 7 HP5 for my ADC (84 HP/minute, 840 damage worth of Vamp Scepter Life Steal or ~17 auto-attacks worth of Doran's Blade healing) just feels a lot more valuable than me getting a bit better ward efficiency.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So where do you guys get your streams? I'm not planning on paying to get notifications, that's for sure.

http://teevox.com/#!/c=streams&ch=2&p=3

image.php

Oh you.

mercviper

I find that I prefer the Emblem earlier. 7 HP5 for my ADC (84 HP/minute, 840 damage worth of Vamp Scepter Life Steal or ~17 auto-attacks worth of Doran's Blade healing) just feels a lot more valuable than me getting a bit better ward efficiency.

Now that you mention it, when I do start rejuv bead I might as well go Emblem first. Like I mentioned earlier I get the philo because hey, it's only 520g more, plus much needed mana regen on people I think it's better for, e.g. Janna. In comparison, Emblem is only 470g more, so it's cheaper and gives more tank which means I should get that on say, Leona, where I'm more limited on spending mana based on engages & health pool as opposed to mana pool.

mercviper

I have some add-in installed on Chrome at home that just keeps a tab of who's streaming LoL and their viewer count. When I want to look at streams I just check out some of the more popular ones. Or when Scy mentions something good I pop out that person's stream and check it out for a few minutes.

zkylon

zkylewd
I have some add-in installed on Chrome at home that just keeps a tab of who's streaming LoL and their viewer count. When I want to look at streams I just check out some of the more popular ones. Or when Scy mentions something good I pop out that person's stream and check it out for a few minutes.
What'd that add-on be?

Ken

Getting Silver IV, then realizing the lower the better has been a pretty bad feeling lol.

lol you're second on my league.

I don't really get that stuff. So in silver there are a bunch of different leagues. Each league has its own set of Silver I-VI? So leagues are kind of like classrooms and I'm the guy that sits at the front of the class and zkylon at the back? And then after class we each complain about the annoying people we each sit around.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So you can drop divisions but not tiers?

I don't really get that stuff. So in silver there are a bunch of different leagues. Each league has its own set of Silver I-VI?

Bronze, Silver, Gold, Diamond, Platinum

or something like that, the order could be wrong.

Each division has its on tiers.

Bronze I-V, Silver I-V, etc, with I being the highest.

You get 100 pts and then get to do your advancement games. Win 3/5 and you move on to the next division. So in this case, you would go from Silver I to Gold V.

Get 100 pts and then win 2/3 advancement games to move to the next tier. So get Gold V, get 100 pts, then win 2/3 to move to Gold IV.

Ken

Bronze, Silver, Gold, Diamond, Platinum

or something like that, the order could be wrong.

Each division has its on tiers.

Bronze I-V, Silver I-V, etc, with I being the highest.

You get 100 pts and then get to do your advancement games. Win 3/5 and you move on to the next division. So in this case, you would go from Silver I to Gold V.

Get 100 pts and then win 2/3 advancement games to move to the next tier. So get Gold V, get 100 pts, then win 2/3 to move to Gold IV.

That's divisions. What does zkylon mean by I'm 2nd in his league.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't really get that stuff. So in silver there are a bunch of different leagues. Each league has its own set of Silver I-VI? So leagues are kind of like classrooms and I'm the guy that sits at the front of the class and zkylon at the back?
I used to think there were n leagues per division, but apparently leagues are shared between divisions.

It's kinda weird, but I'm def the one smoking way back on the corner.

That's divisions. What does zkylon mean by I'm 2nd in his league.
I went to my league's Silver I ladder and you show up second. Wukong's Whatevers, right?

---

As I understand it now it's like this:

Tiers: bronze, silver, etc.

Each tier has many leagues: Wukong's, Viktor's, Lux's (y am i not on lux's T_T?), etc.

Each league is then divided into 5 divisions, I through V, with I being the best. Divisions are basically the same among different leagues (silver IV players in Wukong's and Viktor's leagues skill level is supposed to be comparable), you're just arranged like that so you're placed in a league with as many friends as possible.

scy

It's Tier Division League in terms of the break down. Sort of.

Tiers are the Bronze, Silver, Gold, etc.

Divisions within a Tier are just milestones within the Tier (e.g., 1200 - 1249 Elo, 1250 - 1299 Elo, etc.).

Leagues are just a small section of your Tier. This, as far as I can tell, is mostly meaningless. People on your friend's list are more likely in your League and I think matchmaking will prefer your League when searching for players but it's nothing massive (you're not limited to playing against JUST your League). For the most part, you can just forget this I suppose. It's just a small sample of the Tier to give you players to compare against.

Edit: Just to note, that preference would still follow hidden Elo matchmaking. So if your hidden Elo says 1800, a 1200 in that League probably won't play against you.

So just focus on the Tier + Division as far as your progression is concerned; your League is essentially flavor.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't really get that stuff. So in silver there are a bunch of different leagues. Each league has its own set of Silver I-VI? So leagues are kind of like classrooms and I'm the guy that sits at the front of the class and zkylon at the back? And then after class we each complain about the annoying people we each sit around.
However it works, I'm going to throw wads of paper at your back so I hope you're ready.

JesseZao

So did any gaffers get in the same league? It looks like my previous 6 placement games carried over, so I just have to finish those first.

How many league points do you gain/lose per match? Similar to the elo rate?

mercviper

I don't really get that stuff. So in silver there are a bunch of different leagues. Each league has its own set of Silver I-VI? So leagues are kind of like classrooms and I'm the guy that sits at the front of the class and zkylon at the back? And then after class we each complain about the annoying people we sit around.

I don't think there's really parallel leagues. Just multiple division levels within each tier, still all one big league. They're just reducing the amount you can see to a small sliver of the people around you so it's easier to look at and go hey I moved up! instead of feeling like you can never move up because you're stuck in a certain ELO range.

Edit: I'm just confusing terminology. I think other people have explained how it works better than me.

Anyway, Gold III. Yay for remoting in to my home pc to log on while I'm at work. :x

Edit: no gaffers in my league either. Just my brother who hasn't played in 2 weeks and only plays Nidalee when he does. -_-

scy

This should fluctuate based off your hidden Elo compared to your current placing; for instance, if you're in Silver III but you play against people in Platinum I due to your hidden Elo, you'll earn way more points per win than if you were in Silver III and playing other Silver III players.

Ken

I don't think there's really parallel leagues. Just multiple division levels within each tier, still all one big league. They're just reducing the amount you can see to a small sliver of the people around you so it's easier to look at and go hey I moved up! instead of feeling like you can never move up because you're stuck in a certain ELO range.

Anyway, Gold III. Yay for remoting in to my home pc to log on while I'm at work. :x

Edit: no gaffers in my league either. Just my brother who hasn't played in 2 weeks and only plays Nidalee when he does. -_-

You're the unlucky guy who gets split up from all his friends at the beginning of the year, only able to make small chat with us in between classes and after school.

And Rex is the guy who breezed through the first few months and then missed his finals because Lee Sin was the bus driver that day.

mercviper

So did any gaffers get in the same league? It looks like my previous 6 placement games carried over, so I just have to finish those first.

I'm not sure you can even lose league points. Wouldn't be surprised considering what they changed the face of the system to.

Anyway, I think the idea is to make it so people don't worry about losing so much and have fun just playing the game in ranked. The ELO system is still the same and still there's but now there a bunch of candy in front of it to distract you while it does it's thing.

scy

Anyway, I think the idea is to make it so people don't worry about losing so much and have fun just playing the game in ranked. The ELO system is still the same and still there's but now there a bunch of candy in front of it to distract you while it does it's thing.

This, basically.

Also, oooh, candy.

zkylon

zkylewd
Doesn't it try to put you with people on your friend's list?
Well I'm guessing it has to juggle between everyone's friendlist, since we all have non-gaffer friends (do we?).

Also when did we all become part of Corgi's personal Visual Novel?

Ken

Well I'm guessing it has to juggle between everyone's friendlist, since we all have non-gaffer friends (do we?).

Also when did we all become part of Corgi's personal Visual Novel?

When my client bugs out after every new patch and I have to spend several hours trying to figure out how to fix it.

Ferga

You're the unlucky guy who gets split up from all his friends at the beginning of the year, only able to make small chat with us in between classes and after school.

And Rex is the guy who breezed through the first few months and then missed his finals because Lee Sin was the bus driver that day.

lol what

mercviper

Welp, can only look at divisions +/- 2 from your current standing, unless Gold only has 5 divisions. Anyone else in Anivia's Cavaliers?

Ferga

Well shit. I'm silver 1. Wow.

1591 top elo with 1460 current elo means silver tier 1.

Oh god please let me win 3/5 placements to go into gold.

Pancakes

Well shit. I'm silver 1. Wow.

1591 top elo with 1460 current elo means silver tier 1.

Oh god please let me win 3/5 placements to go into gold.

HAH YOU'RE GONNA GET GROUPED WITH ME :D!

mercviper

Are you immediately in placement games?

1550 top with 1460 current so that would be great news to hear.

He means the placements to advance to the next division/tier. He still needs to accumulate 100 points first.

So LoLKing couldn't hold themselves and are planning to ruin S3 with their own elo tracking: http://www.lolking.net/news/lolkings-season-3

I wish Riot would buy them and shut them down.

If they didn't do it, someone else would

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom