• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Anyone ever run into this problem:

Log in screen everything looks okay except there's no splash art in the back or music; just a black screen.

Log in and all I get is the border of the client; everything else is black and I can't click anything.

zkylon

zkylewd
Anyone ever run into this problem:

Log in screen everything looks okay except there's no splash art in the back or music; just a black screen.

Log in and all I get is the border of the client; everything else is black and I can't click anything.
Have you tried already to reinstall flash/air?

scy

@LoLking - I think their goal is to just convert "50 LP, Silver Division 3" into a progress bar number (e.g., it'd roughly be 1350-ish). Unfortunately, they kept the old Elo numbers since that's what people know, even if they're totally irrelevant now.

That number has literally nothing to do with Elo as it did pre-patch. Your hidden Elo might be at 1350 (as that's the goal of the changes; for Ranked rating and Hidden Elo to converge easier) but it's not always the case.

Gotcha. Do you (or anyone else) know how many points you can earn per match?

It varies; I think the highest I've read so far was something like 30 points. I'd expect closer to 10-ish when your Tier/Division matches your hidden Elo.

Ashhong

Nope you need to get 100points first to get into placement.

I got 26 points for winning my last game

is there a point to playing draft anymore

Hm? I was placed in a league immediately upon opening my game.

So just so I understand this, you need to get 100 points in order to try and go up from a division (4->3)? You need to do this over and over until you are in division 1, at which point another 100 points will then allow you to try and go to the next league? That's a shit load of games.

mercviper

Hm? I was placed in a league immediately upon opening my game.

So just so I understand this, you need to get 100 points in order to try and go up from a division (4->3)? You need to do this over and over until you are in division 1, at which point another 100 points will then allow you to try and go to the next league? That's a shit load of games.

Yup. What it does is it actually places a "rank 1" goal that's achievable into your sights. It's a lot more plausible to look at the current system and go, "Oh, I need roughly 30 wins to hit this milestone." The old system, there's not really any visible milestones (division placements have changed each season and are unannounced til the end, so all you did is ELO climb) and looking at the big big picture only, you get the feeling you can never be #1 because the number of wins needed seems insurmountable.

JesseZao

Yup. What it does is it actually places a "rank 1" goal that's achievable into your sights. It's a lot more plausible to look at the current system and go, "Oh, I need roughly 30 wins to hit this milestone." The old system, there's not really any visible milestones (division placements have changed each season and are unannounced til the end, so all you do is ELO climb) and looking at the big big picture only, you get the feeling you can never be #1 because the number of wins needed seems insurmountable.

I'm certainly going to play more ranked this season because of the changes.

Volimar

Dark Knight Tryndamere fanart. Wish I knew who made it, but it was just tweeted by a riot member with no artist's name...

dGwxMhA.jpg

Ken

Feels like it takes a billion games to reach 30.

Never mind on two accounts.

It's not that many games.

It's just that each game is the frustrations and pain of a billion games of low ELO solo queue manifested into a single 30 minute dark hole of suffering and support Mundo.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

It's just that each game is the frustrations and pain of a billion games of low ELO solo queue manifested into a single 30 minute dark hole of suffering and support Mundo.

That sounds pretty accurate.

Onwards to Ranked

I haven't lost a game in some time. Really liking Xin.

(Saying that I predict I'm gonna lose this current game!)

Leezard

Hey, support Mundo is legit as long as the enemies don't have a support with a healing skill.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
2 ranked wins in a row, placement matches are just beyond silly. We had a heimer top lol.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So I got my first commendation.

Our Annie went afk, our team continually got caught off guard, they would go 3 vs 5, get baited again.

After game.

GG, how is this a good game?!!! It was like pulling teeth the whole time

Ashhong

WTF you lose the same number of points as you win? That's stupid. Just lost 19 points in a game where we had an Ahri mid that never even fucking connected. That is bullshit.

zkylon

zkylewd
WTF you lose the same number of points as you win? That's stupid. Just lost 19 points in a game where we had an Ahri mid that never even fucking connected. That is bullshit.
Depends on the matchup. If you get matched with people of the same level both times, yes.

Why shouldn't it be that way?

Boken

Banned
This is a PSA:

Dodging will now LOSE LEAGUE POINTS

So here's how the penalties work now that the League System is active:

* Dodging in the ranked solo queue will trigger a 6 minute lockout and will deduct 3 League Points (LP).
* Dodging in ranked solo if you've dodged recently will trigger a 30 minute lockout and will deduct 10 LP.
* Dodging a ranked team game will trigger a 1 minute lockout and will deduct 10 LP from the team.
* Dodging in ranked teams if you've dodged recently will trigger a 60 minute lockout and will still deduct 10 LP from the team.
* Dodging during a Promotion or Division series will cancel the series, so you'll have to get back to 100 LP to start another series (likely just one game away, unless you had already lost a couple series games).
from: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3069756 (also contains his reasoning, which is logical enough)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Not an awful day for ranked however, that Zyra loss so depressing. AD TF just sat by tower while I solo''d their bot lane easily.

I'm probably gonna end up in Silver tier tbh.

Ashhong

It was always this way

That's how it was with ELO, but I thought it was would be different. Go look at how Starcraft handles points. You don't lose as many points.

Plus, we had a goddamn disconnect, they should recognize that and compensate for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom