• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
That's how it was with ELO, but I thought it was would be different. Go look at how Starcraft handles points. You don't lose as many points.

Plus, we had a goddamn disconnect, they should recognize that and compensate for that.
This has been a problem especially with how long it takes to gain points if you have limited playing time. However, in theory disconnects will get players banned, and I think the Riot argument goes that if they penalized people less for having a leaver, people would just harass the worst player in each losing game to leave, so that the remaining players wouldn't lose so many points.

For the new ranked system, I'm in Teemo's Patriots, Silver III, splitting the silver ranks! I don't see any friends in there though.

Snowman

That's how it was with ELO, but I thought it was would be different. Go look at how Starcraft handles points. You don't lose as many points.

I'm sure you do lose as many points in Starcraft, you just have the bonus pool system so it doesn't seem like it if you don't play often. Also, in starcraft, the points have nowhere near as direct an affect on your promotion through the leagues.

zkylon

zkylewd
This has been a problem especially with how long it takes to gain points if you have limited playing time. However, in theory disconnects will get players banned, and I think the Riot argument goes that if they penalized people less for having a leaver, people would just harass the worst player in each losing game to leave, so that the remaining players wouldn't lose so many points.
Gotta love the LoL expected behavior...

Well yeah, which made it really easy to steal dragons/barons. I don't know why I didn't see it more often. There's one game I stole every single dragon and baron. It really pissed off enemies since it was a bit stronger than Smite with some Mpen and can safely be used behind the walls.

Macattk15

Lol this new system is the worst.

I stomp 2 games ... gain 36 points.

Then I play a 3rd. Our Maokai jungle DC's about 11 minutes into the game and never comes back in a game we would of won ... lose 4v5 ....

Now I'm at 7 points?

Fuck that.

I basically have to go on a spree of winning games to get to 100???

zkylon

zkylewd
I just hope this helps to get everyone to chill the fuck up.

i'm an eternal optimist, but it won't, people suck

Boken

Banned
Lol this new system is the worst.

I stomp 2 games ... gain 36 points.

Then I play a 3rd. Our Maokai jungle DC's about 11 minutes into the game and never comes back in a game we would of won ... lose 4v5 ....

Now I'm at 7 points?

Fuck that.

I basically have to go on a spree of winning games to get to 100???

Uh it's not so much about sprees, but a confidence factor of your current position - so more about your hidden ELO vs the average ELO "position" of the enemy team (i.e. the division+hidden elo of the enemy team converted into something meaningful)

It's similiar to the "hidden" SC2 promotion equation. You lost more points in the 3rd game because the system had already considered you (slightly) beyond that division... but you lost (yes you got a dc, thats sad but the game dont give no shit). And you didnt gain much the first two games because the game was more sure you were in that division. If you keep winning 2 and losing 1, your confidence factor would decrease and eventually youll gain increasing amounts for your wins

Macattk15

Lol.

Win 2 games in a row ... lose 2 games in a row directly after the 2 wins.

Demoted. How does that make ANY sense? Shouldn't I be back to the baseline I was at when I was put in this division? I won 2 ... then lost 2 ... what in the hell?

Dumb. I was positive k/d each game ... had a feeder or a d/c on my team each time.

Done with ranked.

Neki

VNh7v4Z.jpg

thank god steel lux has big shoulders

Macattk15

Lux's Q is super hard to see with her new skin, hence my new go to skin.

I guess.

I bought both skins. Played a game as Lux and 2 as Garen.

I like the Garen one more ... but I agree the Lux Q on the new skin is harder to see than her original one.

Neki

I guess.

I like the Garen one more ... but I agree the Lux Q on the new skin is harder to see than her original one.

Like sometimes I can't even tell if it hits, and I'm the one who cast it!

zkylon

zkylewd
Megaman Lux is pretty great! A few amazing plays in that match, gotta record it...

I guess.

tbh, yeah, a little bit. I don't like that, it's an unfair and pointless advantage, so I hope it gets patched.

Other than that the skin is pretty cool, I kinda wish all the spells were blue like her ult, but it's alright.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Ranked was worse than I could have possibly imagined. AP Trist into Kassadin, of course they're on my team.
isnfsrskwfpch4kbo2.gif

Neki

Ranked was worse than I could have possibly imagined. AP Trist into Kassadin, of course they're on my team.
isnfsrskwfpch4kbo2.gif

maybe dat sejuani jungler just too heavy

also, what are good ap items after deathcap, void staff, unholy grail and morelleocon, should I just get another death cap?

zkylon

zkylewd
maybe dat sejuani jungler just too heavy

also, what are good ap items after deathcap, void staff, unholy grail and morelleocon, should I just get another death cap?
Zhonya's or DFG. Also Athene's+Morello's is kinda redundant, I think.

Bought Pantheon. Not really sure why, but felt like it. Stack BCs and GG

Boken

Banned
Lol.

Win 2 games in a row ... lose 2 games in a row directly after the 2 wins.

Demoted. How does that make ANY sense? Shouldn't I be back to the baseline I was at when I was put in this division? I won 2 ... then lost 2 ... what in the hell?

Dumb. I was positive k/d each game ... had a feeder or a d/c on my team each time.

Done with ranked.

Were you in division 1?

Ferga

I just vsed a steel legion lux and all her spells were kind of visible to me.

Maybe it's because i'm use to the effects?

I mean the ult is pretty clear to me. The Q is this thing that fizzles that looks like a firework.
People say the Q looks like an auto attack but it looks completely different to me.

Ranked is such a crapshoot, even in duo.

Get a decent team first game and I carried as Graves, got a quadra, we're all happy.

Second game our team is just a joke. The worst jungle Voli ever. I was 1-1 and my friend (as support) was 0-1 at around 10 mins yet their MF was 5-1 because our idiot team kept running into her and their jungle Xin and dying. I was the only one who was positive at the end and had second highest CS in the game.

I don't get why I can only solo, duo or go in as a 5 in ranked. Why can't three friends play together? At least that way you only have two team mates to let you down.

Blizzard

Banned

Get a decent team first game and I carried as Graves, got a quadra, we're all happy.

Second game our team is just a joke. The worst jungle Voli ever. I was 1-1 and my friend (as support) was 0-1 at around 10 mins yet their MF was 5-1 because our idiot team kept running into her and their jungle Xin and dying. I was the only one who was positive at the end and had second highest CS in the game.

I don't get why I can only solo, duo or go in as a 5 in ranked. Why can't three friends play together? At least that way you only have two team mates to let you down.
Well going by that logic, if you play as a group of 5 friends, there's no one to let you down! Try it and see if it works out. :p

Snowman

And then next game your team carries you and it all works out great. Or the next game they get 2 terrible people on their team that feed you and you win easily. Of course playing 5v5 is going to end up with those situations sometimes, but if you play enough games it'll average out, concentrate more on your own play and mistakes and less on your teammates and you'll improve much faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom