• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
After playing for a couple hours, I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Only played with like 3 or 4 champs, but so far my favorite champion is Ziggs. I don't seem to get a lot of champion kills with him, but I like how he plays, and I don't seem to die haha. (On the flip side, I've been topping the minion kills on my team. Being so new I'm not sure if that means much of anything, but hey)

Anyone else I should try out if I like Ziggs?

zkylon

zkylewd
After playing for a couple hours, I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Only played with like 3 or 4 champs, but so far my favorite champion is Ziggs. I don't seem to get a lot of champion kills with him, but I like how he plays, and I don't seem to die haha. (On the flip side, I've been topping the minion kills on my team. Being so new I'm not sure if that means much of anything, but hey)

Anyone else I should try out if I like Ziggs?
Hmm, Ziggs is pretty unique, for some reason Gragas comes to mind as someone similar (skillshot AoE abilities), or maybe Brand but not really...

Also not dying is a good skill to have, as is farming, keep it up.

Unfortunately Ziggs is somewhat recent so he's still pretty expensive. Lux plays similar (long range pokes + ult) and costs half as much.

If you like mage types, the cheapest ones are good (Annie, Ryze). They don't play similar to Ziggs though.

been playing some Alistar over the weekend and he is really fun. The W > Q combo is awesome but when I mess it up I get annoyed at myself lol. However in a game where we have no tanks or initiators I try and be him as you can run in and your team follow. Those 7 seconds of ult time are fantastic. However I played a game where we had a support bottom with an Ashe and an Annie mid..... cool I think. While Im trying to choose who to have top the other top (who was on a ADC carry at the time) suddenly switch to Lulu and locked.... I was like wtf do I do? Time was ticking and I just picked alistar because we had no tank and I dont really have any bruisers available to play apart from Jax and im not good with him.

So yeah. We had 3 supports, 1 damage dealer who is good early game and one carry who is weak till farmed (which was not gonna happen). At least when you know you are gonna loose you can just try and have some fun with it I guess.

I unlocked Warwick on a whim. At lvl 17 I'm getting in games now and then where they expect someone to jungle and im tempted to start learning how. Do I need to work out my route and when best to gank. I know with him you shouldn't really try and Gank till his Ult is up but hes life steel gives him good sustain in there from what I can tell. He is also pretty tanky later on so can fill that gap to.

Ferga

I want my internet provider to stop sucking. I want my god damn 180 ping back.

230-250 is too much for a normal ping. Sometimes it goes to 280-300ping for no reason and make my animations jitter making me miss important skill shots.

God damn TPG.

I unlocked Warwick on a whim. At lvl 17 I'm getting in games now and then where they expect someone to jungle and im tempted to start learning how. Do I need to work out my route and when best to gank. I know with him you shouldn't really try and Gank till his Ult is up but hes life steel gives him good sustain in there from what I can tell. He is also pretty tanky later on so can fill that gap to.

Warwick is a very poor ganker, and I like Warwick (see avy). Even with red, you can't really gank against decent enemies. Without red you should just forget ganking unless the lane is super overextended.

Nunu can sustain almost as well but can actually gank. Maokai can gank about as good as a Lv6+ Warwick as soon as he decides to get a point on W.

Warwick is a very poor ganker, and I like Warwick (see avy). Even with red, you can't really gank against decent enemies. Without red you should just forget ganking unless the lane is super overextended.

Nunu can sustain almost as well but can actually gank. Maokai can gank about as good as a Lv6+ Warwick as soon as he decides to get a point on W.

Oh yeah I have Nunu unlocked I just only ever used him once. What makes his ganking strong? bloodboil mixed with the ice boulder thing that slows?

Ferga

so what is best with nunu, AP?

Also is there somewhere I can get a good jungle router as I havnt even got round to learning what critters spawn where yet.

Well if you're taking kills early, you might as well build ap to make your ganks insane. Get like a twin shadow or/and haunting guise.

After that you can begin to build support/tank items like locket or warmogs for mid game to stay relevant outside your ult.

Just don't full ap because a full ap nunu is pretty much useless outside of ganking lanes.

Jungle nunu can do whatever the hell he wants.

bjaelke

so what is best with nunu, AP?

Also is there somewhere I can get a good jungle router as I havnt even got round to learning what critters spawn where yet.

AP Nunu is worthless without the farm. You're better off getting gold per 5 items and a few aura items (coordinate with the support to avoid double auras).

Use this website to time the different buffs: http://ertu.de/jungle/
Fantastic site. Especially if you run a dual monitor setup.

Ashhong

Sooooooooooo I had a jungle Ahri on my team earlier who claimed that it usually worked when we were yelling at him. There's no way Ahri is a viable jungler right? Stupid ass normals.

Well if you're taking kills early, you might as well build ap to make your ganks insane. Get like a twin shadow or/and haunting guise.

After that you can begin to build support/tank items like locket or warmogs for mid game to stay relevant outside your ult.

Just don't full ap because a full ap nunu is pretty much useless outside of ganking lanes.

Jungle nunu can do whatever the hell he wants.

AP Nunu is worthless without the farm. You're better off getting gold per 5 items and a few aura items (coordinate with the support to avoid double auras).

Use this website to time the different buffs: http://ertu.de/jungle/
Fantastic site. Especially if you run a dual monitor setup.

OK cool. Might look into that at somepoint. However I mostly try to get support bottom with Alistar / Lulu or mid with Lux (or sometimes Annie) if that gets taken. If top is all thats left I just go Kayle. Hopefully as I get to 20 there is mostly someone wanting to do the jungle job but I wouldn't mind learning at least 1 for when I inevidebly have to take that job.

However I have been in games with some really messed up team comps over the past week. When it happens my best hope is that the other team has something equally strange.

Is it worth me moving over to draft pick normals?

Also some people in this game or so rude its almost funny.

Started a game and the first thing Yi said to me was "Kayle tether me or I will report you". I had no idea what tether actually meant at the time but I guessed it meant help him kill something in the jungle as thats where he was. I did help, but that was despite the threat not because of it.

Ferga

So what do you guys build on Pantheon?

Flask start against traditional ap mids.

Farm and poke with Q for levels 1-3. At level 3, all in for a 100% kill. (it's almost impossible to fail)

Farm until you can go back for 2 long blades. spend rest of money on wards. Buy 5 if you have enough.

Next back get a brutaliser and start getting bloodthirster.

After bloodthirster, finish off black cleaver or you can get warmogs. Depends on situation you're in.

End game build should be Boots, warmogs, bloodthirster, black cleaver, last whisper and another survival item.

This is my build for mid panth. I usually get mobility boots if i'm fed to gank more from base.

Guys, Cottontail or Super Teemo?

Cottontail's ult is an egg, and he looks and moves cuter.

Super Teemo has the awesome horn for Move Quick.

Volimar

Guys, Cottontail or Super Teemo?

Cottontail's ult is an egg, and he looks and moves cuter.

Super Teemo has the awesome horn for Move Quick.

I have Super teemo, and I kind of regret getting it. It's better than nothing, but I would go Cottontail Teemo all the way.

Not in the mood to play tonight, so I'll just grab the easy first win of the day playing AI... except it wasn't easy. :X Holy moley the only other decent player was Thresh so it was a 2v5. It wasn't good that we both went top so we were just stealing kills from one another.

I tried giving advise but only Nasus listened (I asked for the Bulwark). Lucky I played a tanky DPS so I could sorta tank and sorta murder enemies. Gunblade because I had so much $$$ to replace my WotA and I forgot to upgrade my boots again.

xSvLxl9.jpg

Teemo is bad and you should feel bad ;_;
But I like making my lane enemy miserable, specially Eve!

I have Super teemo, and I kind of regret getting it. It's better than nothing, but I would go Cottontail Teemo all the way.
Cottontail it is!

Gonna buy Tango Eve + TF as well since they're on sale in our region.

garath

Fuuuck. Secret agent MF and Elise for sale?

I really want Secret agent MF to replace the waterloo skin I use for her which I don't really like but I will drop all skins for Mafia MF. That's my favorite by a landslide. Going to end up wasting so much money on MF skins haha.

She's really the only adc I play though.

Elise is really tempting just because she's a strong top laner with few direct counters. But her learning curve looks higher and I don't play top very much at all. Might skip it.

scy

I can finally buy an MF skin
now that I stopped playing ADC

Wait a sec, MF skin and Elise on sale? They just nerfed them both!

I'M ON TO YOU RIOT.

JesseZao

Elise needs a cool skin and I'll buy it. I don't buy skins unless I really like the champ and play them a lot. Would be awesome to get a Wolf Spider or Mecha Elise skin.

mercviper

Time flies by so fast.

Account created
2009-11-18 07:48:05 (GMT)

Account age
167w 4d 19h 6m 30s

http://quickfind.kassad.in/?s=bjaelke

I'm sad. Turns out I had created my account in july of '10 instead of being one of the early early adopters. Then again, now that I think about it, I think I stayed away for a long time because my thinking at the time beta came out was "I already have DotA, why should I play this LoL game?". And then summer classes ended and I didn't have WC3 installed nor any clue where my CDs were.

scy

My account was apparently created 6/12/2012, so around 34 weeks now. The first few weeks were like less than a game a day, though. Basically only played whenever Opiate was around and felt like carrying me.

Then something clicked I guess and I actually played a lot. Was around Jayce's release where I started actually spamming games.

Now I have around 1600+ games played, fml ;_;

Elise is really tempting just because she's a strong top laner with few direct counters. But her learning curve looks higher and I don't play top very much at all. Might skip it.

Elise is bad at being an ADC. She's good at everything else. She's good top, mid, support and jungle. She's also not that hard to play, just run 3-4 normals with her and you'll be good.

zkylon

zkylewd
lol that was hilarious.

CLEAVERS CLEAVERS CLEAVERS

...MawofM, Frozen Mallet, etc. etc.

It's really different every game. Good typical build is Cleaver, BT, Maw, Mogs, LW, etc.
Hah, alright.

Flask start against traditional ap mids.

Farm and poke with Q for levels 1-3. At level 3, all in for a 100% kill. (it's almost impossible to fail)

Farm until you can go back for 2 long blades. spend rest of money on wards. Buy 5 if you have enough.

Next back get a brutaliser and start getting bloodthirster.

After bloodthirster, finish off black cleaver or you can get warmogs. Depends on situation you're in.

End game build should be Boots, warmogs, bloodthirster, black cleaver, last whisper and another survival item.

This is my build for mid panth. I usually get mobility boots if i'm fed to gank more from base.
I was thinking top, though :p

I've been building BC, then BT and blowing people up pretty easily, but so far I've gotten matched 2v1 in lane twice (out of my 3) and I'm just not that good at top, specially with Panth to survive that... I won the third match against Darius though :)

Volimar

Account created
2010-10-07 06:12:13 (GMT)
Account age
121w 4d 3h 47m 11s

Wow. Older than I thought. I should really be better at this game by now. :p

scy

I was thinking top, though :p

I've been building BC, then BT and blowing people up pretty easily, but so far I've gotten matched 2v1 in lane twice (out of my 3) and I'm just not that good at top, specially with Panth to survive that... I won the third match against Darius though :)

Well, Pantheon does well against Darius. Anyone with ranged of any kind basically beats Darius in lane.

As for top lane specific things, take what Rex said and change it to 9 Health Pot / 2 Mana Pot / 1 Ward (or 7/2/2) for the start. Farm and poke with Q, take the stun engage if you get the opportunity, remember that you get a free hit during trades due to the passive. Build BC, BT, Warmog's, etc.

scy

Might as well chime in with the exacts:

Account created
2012-06-12 01:54:04 (GMT)
Account age
33w 6d 4h 41m 23s

Also worth note, the match history there has ward counts. OH SNAP?!

brian!

My account was apparently created 6/12/2012, so around 34 weeks now. The first few weeks were like less than a game a day, though. Basically only played whenever Opiate was around and felt like carrying me.

Then something clicked I guess and I actually played a lot. Was around Jayce's release where I started actually spamming games.

Now I have around 1600+ games played, fml ;_;

dang I think I've only played ~100 games more than you and I started in 07/2010

Account created
2010-07-13 23:46:22 (GMT)
Account age
133w 5d 9h 18m 48s

LCGeek

formerly sane
old but not the oldest.

Account created
2010-08-01 07:08:55 (GMT)
Account age
131w 1d 3h 11m 58s

Need to keep playing more but for what I have I can easily stop and be happy with what I did.

mercviper

Might as well chime in with the exacts:

Account created
2012-06-12 01:54:04 (GMT)
Account age
33w 6d 4h 41m 23s

Also worth note, the match history there has ward counts. OH SNAP?!

And queue times lolol

Account created
2010-07-19 08:50:51 (GMT)
Account age
132w 6d 23h 58m 15s

How the hell do you play Thresh? Just spent all my ip buying this guy and I'm getting rocked hard as a support. His skills are either hit or miss.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Whippersnappers.

Account created
2009-08-11 02:23:41 (GMT)
Account age
181w 6d 8h 20m 14s

scy

How the hell do you play Thresh? Just spent all my ip buying this guy and I'm getting rocked hard as a support. His skills are either hit or miss.

Well, you land his hook and then it's either a kill or a large amount of their health (or you die because you got baited, I guess); if you land a hook at 6+, it's basically a free kill as you hook them in, Q again to jump to them, pop your ult, and then hit your E to push them into the wall. Besides that, just walk up and hit their ADC or Support whenever his Q passive is fully charged (Red buff icon).

Not ... sure what else to say, to be honest. He's fairly straightforward for the most part. Harass and try to land hooks. If you miss a lot of his hooks, he doesn't do that much in lane so he's rather underwhelming if they whiff a lot. Still, he provides a lot of pressure from his damage and the Lantern shield (+ gank potential from the gap close it provides) helps out a lot. He just has a great kit.

He's a very aggressive support, basically. Walk up there and hit somebody.

And queue times lolol

I find the ward bit more fascinating. I imagine a lot of "YOU BARELY WARDED THIS GAME LOOK!" trolling to be had!
poor Kiunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom