• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Rylai's isn't that great on Vlad unless you desperately need the health. And even then, you can get it better from raw AP for your gold spent, really.

Liandry's isn't really worth it on Vlad unless you're just upgrading Guise for the sake of slot efficiency.
Why not? I don't know shit about Vlad but since he his cc is pretty shit I'm thinking he'd benefit a lot from Rylai's (plus HP+AP).

Dunno about Liandry's, I'm just going around Rylai's.

bluemax

Banned
Here yall go. I'm pretty sure I'm the oldest.

Account created
2009-08-08 02:47:20 (GMT)
Account age
182w 2d 6h 19m 8s

Account created
2009-10-22 18:15:37 (GMT)
Account age
171w 4d 3h 41m 27s

Influence points

If only I had started when my friend the Riot Employee first told me about the game. Then my account would go back to 2007.

scy

Why not? I don't know shit about Vlad but since he his cc is pretty shit I'm thinking he'd benefit a lot from Rylai's (plus HP+AP).

Dunno about Liandry's, I'm just going around Rylai's.

Because you spend a lot for the slow proc that you don't need and get minimal AP from it (12 AP from the Health). Get a Warmog's if you need to survive.

zkylon

zkylewd
Because you spend a lot for the slow proc that you don't need and get minimal AP from it (12 AP from the Health). Get a Warmog's if you need to survive.
To be honest I don't really like Vlad because I don't like mages with no innate cc but I dunno why you treat the slow proc as worthless (mid game, obviously it doesn't serve you very well in-lane). It gives two stats that are very useful for Vlad and you basically get full effect slows on the whole enemy team during teamfights.

It also helps Vlad kite a lot with his E.

edit: again I don't know much about Vlad, I'm just curious, personally I'm not a fan of Rylai's in general for the same reason you say (too much money on a slow), but that's why I play mostly utility mages in the first place.

---

Also I just played ranked and man people are still as always. Taric kept on calling our Cass "down kid" because she fed Anivia 3 kills early on. It's a lot, but whatever dude, if you can't handle the pressure either go play something solo or talk it with your therapist.

scy

To be honest I don't really like Vlad because I don't like mages with no innate cc but I dunno why you treat the slow proc as worthless (mid game, obviously it doesn't serve you very well in-lane). It gives two stats that are very useful for Vlad and you basically get full effect slows on the whole enemy team during teamfights.

Because he has higher priorities for his build order. His survival item of choice is Zhonya's. At the point of having an NLR item, Deathcap is already more cost efficient. There's really no time for where you desperately want Rylai's: It's not ideal for lane, it's not ideal for mid-game team fights, it's not ideal for the late game.

I don't think the Rylai's slow is worthless. I just don't think it's worth it for Vlad.

Edit: This was the case for basically all of Season 2 and it's pretty much the case for Season 3. Maybe we'll see things shift around but I doubt it.

Neki

at least with these CDR nerfs I don't feel like an idiot for going Morelle + Grail.

I usually Morelleon - > Deathcap -> Void Staff on Lux now, and it's pretty good

stole the build from crs nyjacky, npnp

zkylon

zkylewd
at least with these CDR nerfs I don't feel like an idiot for going Morelle + Grail.

I usually Morelleon - > Deathcap -> Void Staff on Lux now, and it's pretty good

stole the build from crs nyjacky, npnp
My problem with that is that it's too blue buff dependent, which you're not guaranteed in solo q.

I'd rather Chalice -> Deathcap -> Morello's -> Void Staff -> Athene.

I'd kinda wish they removed the Kage from Morello's so I didn't feel bad for buying it full.

Neki

My problem with that is that it's too blue buff dependent, which you're not guaranteed in solo q.

I'd rather Chalice -> Deathcap -> Morello's -> Void Staff -> Athene.

I'd kinda wish they removed the Kage from Morello's so I didn't feel bad for buying it full.

I find Morello gives me the mana regen I need for early-mid game, though I will go Chalice if the mid is a burst mage. I also run yellow mp/5 per level too so I'm not that mana starved

and most junglers will give you the blue unless they're like fiddles or amumu

Getting an early chalice just puts too much of a big dent into Lux's strong early game (once she hits 6). Morello is perfect for her because it gives you huge ap, cdr and decent mana regen, everything she wants in an item. Also if you need more mana, grab a couple extra Doran Rings too.

zkylon

zkylewd
Man wtf happened today, I got matched against Akali like 4 times...

I find Morello gives me the mana regen I need for early-mid game, though I will go Chalice if the mid is a burst mage. I also run yellow mp/5 per level too so I'm not that mana starved

and most junglers will give you the blue unless they're like fiddles or amumu

Getting an early chalice just puts too much of a big dent into Lux's strong early game (once she hits 6). Morello is perfect for her because it gives you huge ap, cdr and decent mana regen, everything she wants in an item. Also if you need more mana, grab a couple extra Doran Rings too.
What I do is rush NLR (if too short on $$$ then blasting wand but I always try to make NLR my first purchase) and then chalice. 880g isn't so bad and really I just want the mana problem to be out of my life, and chalice does that just fine.

I think my mistake is building it into athene's, I should just get morello's after deathcap and use that for cdr, maybe a blue elixir first, etc.

zkylon

zkylewd
Eww dorans on lux. Only time I do that is when I get early ganked and find it really hard to come back.
Yup, though it's really good on her as a starting item (if you're laning against someone like Akali and know you're not gonna get too harassed).

I've ran it on 3/4 times I've laned against Akali between today/yesterday and got first blood & won lane on all of them :D

Now 6-1 with my ranked team, the amount of league points appear to be going up in our win streak, first game was 23 lp, second was 31 lp.

so level 17 now........

by the time I hit lvl 30 and can do ranked my baby will be born and il have no time to play lol. (12ish weeks to go)

Still having fun with Alister. His W>Q combo is great. Gonna try and get Nunu down next to finish off my range of support chars I can use.

zkylon

zkylewd
I gotta learn to play a better Anivia, lately I've been seeing Anivia players stomp on other mids.

I think I'm also gonna start always banning Kat so I can always play Lux :p

so level 17 now........

by the time I hit lvl 30 and can do ranked my baby will be born and il have no time to play lol. (12ish weeks to go)

Still having fun with Alister. His W>Q combo is great. Gonna try and get Nunu down next to finish off my range of support chars I can use.
Buy all the cheap champions, one at a time, you won't regret it (too much).

Ken

so level 17 now........

make your baby duo queue with you

I'm really not looking forward to my next few ranked games. One more to get into the promotional series, then at least two for promotion.

Have a feeling I'll go straight to bronze 1 and skip bronze 2. Don't know why I was put into bronze 3 considering I was one win away from silver before the change in system. I've won three in a row already so I would have been silver 4 or something by now in the old system :(

I'm really not looking forward to my next few ranked games. One more to get into the promotional series, then at least two for promotion.

Have a feeling I'll go straight to bronze 1 and skip bronze 2. Don't know why I was put into bronze 3 considering I was one win away from silver before the change in system. I've won three in a row already so I would have been silver 4 or something by now in the old system :(

Same with me... but since you can't go down a "level" any more I would assume that a lot of people were put in Bronze. They want a slow trickle up of good players. They don't want everybody ending at gold levels at the end of the season :)

Ferga

Saintvicious playing graves in twisted treeline with nyjacky as support ali and liquid as a full tank galio.

Nyjacky isn't farming and is building ap alistar. There is no roaming from saint's team. No ganking. They are getting ganked non stop and saintvicious is blaming liquid and nyjacky for getting ganked.

Saintvicious is just afk farming for the entire game. They don't focus on getting altars. They get vilemaw and do absolutely nothing. Saintvicious tells nyjacky he doesn't do any damage. No craaaap. You made him support with no farm at all.

Every fight, enemy naut ults graves and wukong jumps on him. GG.

It's hard to watch. Especially since saint's trash talking makes him seem like a pro at 3v3.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
ranked games idunno

i miss silver
Cheese and crackers. That was Gold? I was kind of interested in how the system is matching people up so I looked into the players. There were still two Silver players in the match (Lulu and Singed). It seems like the breadth goes really wide if you have Silver Division Three and Gold Division One players in the same match. I don't really understand players like this:
jnn2zUS.jpg
You've got the stats right there duder, why keep playing Taric?

Ferga

eh if you round that to the nearest whole number then his average score is

1/4/9

That isn't such a bad support score.

scy

I think my mistake is building it into athene's, I should just get morello's after deathcap and use that for cdr, maybe a blue elixir first, etc.

I'd get Morello's before Deathcap; Deathcap after the changes is a bit more cost efficient (finally over 3.2k gold worth of AP!) but you're better off getting another AP item first, generally speaking.

Yup, though it's really good on her as a starting item (if you're laning against someone like Akali and know you're not gonna get too harassed).

I can't imagine not going some kind of sustain and Ward start, even against a melee. Faerie Charm + 1 Ward + 6 Pots or something.

Worth note: 9/0/21 starts with 10% CDR and reaches flat 40% with Athene's + Morello's! :x

It's hard to watch. Especially since saint's trash talking makes him seem like a pro at 3v3.

Saint is always trash talking lol

dimb

Landed multiple five person Sejuani ults today. Feels so good to hit them. Team fight just falls into your lap, especially with any other AOE champs.
eh if you round that to the nearest whole number then his average score is

1/4/9

That isn't such a bad support score.
Seems like a bad score to me. Pretty low number of assists considering the death count, and it was his worst support. Maybe my Lulu numbers are just super inflated so my view is skewed though. I'm not super familiar with ranked but it seems like you really need to be a power player to progress.

so for Nunu support how does this sound for my items by the end game

sight stone
Ionian Boots of Lucidity (CDR)
Shurela's Reverie (speed and CDR)
Kage's last breath (extra gold and the slow in chases)
Mikael's Crucible (for the great heal / debuff removal)

Then the last slot I can choose depending on how the fight is going, so heavy armour or magic resist or if im not being focused much then maybe another utility or heavy AP item or maybe even pink wards.

If I take the CDR from the talent tree as well my slow skill should have a similar cool down to its slow length. Also I could swap out Kage for something else if I feel the need but the extra gold would be handy

garath

sight stone

Then the last slot I can choose depending on how the fight is going, so heavy armour or magic resist or if im not being focused much then maybe another utility or heavy AP item or maybe even pink wards.

If I take the CDR from the talent tree as well my slow skill should have a similar cool down to its slow length. Also I could swap out Kage for something else if I feel the need but the extra gold would be handy

Cruicible isn't really that strong of an item right now compared to it's cost. I'd think a locket would be a better purchase. Shield for the whole team. It's stronger than crucible for the money.

dimb

sight stone

Seems fine. Support is kind of more a role where your build will vary to suit what the team needs. Mikael's Crucible can be a good item if you need to protect one person, but has limited use compared to something like the raw stats provided by Aegis if you find your team more focused on bigger fights.

I don't really like Shurelia's as an item in S3. It still has its uses but frankly I feel I can get way more out of something like Locket.

Achtius

The problem with locket for me is that I usually forget to use it, but with Shurela, Kiunch will yell at you so you will use it.

Im so used to having shurelias there tho lol. plus the CDR is handy.

Yeah I always wonder about Aegis as im still new to the game and dont know exactly how good 10 armour aura 15 magic resist aura actually does. It doesn't sound like much but maybe it is???

As for locket, its stats are nice but the shield sounds pretty weak to me.... however as it can hit multiple people I guess its pretty cool.

Il play around with all 3 and see how I get on.

I kinda like twins as well but a see a lot of people say they arnt worth it but I have screwed over people trying to run with them a few times.

scy

I'd look into trying out going right into Emblem of Valor into Locket of the Iron Solari + Aegis of the Legion (-> Runic Bulwark, eventually). See how you like that instead of the Shurelya's + Kage's build. Basically, becoming more of a tanking force rather than a speed up/slow down one. Your Blood Boil + Snowball should cover most the chasing potential and Nunu ult can get the AoE slow applied better than Kage's so getting the extra bulk means you're that much harder to bring down if they try to focus you and you provide extra defensive stats to your team.

Plus, you can get used to hitting Locket during teamfights as opposed to Shurelya's on engage / on disengage.

The problem with locket for me is that I usually forget to use it, but with Shurela, Kiunch will yell at you so you will use it.

I've gotten into the habit of just asking after every team fight if Locket was used. I try to watch my debuffs for Eclipse (since I'm eyeballing Kayle's E) but sometimes I just forget. Or I was out of range.

Yeah I always wonder about Aegis as im still new to the game and dont know exactly how good 10 armour aura 15 magic resist aura actually does. It doesn't sound like much but maybe it is???

Aegis is roughly a 12% boost to your EHP from the Aura. Per person.

Edit: Effective Hit Points, if you're not familiar with the term. Essentially, it's how much health you have after factoring mitigation.

As for locket, its stats are nice but the shield sounds pretty weak to me.... however as it can hit multiple people I guess its pretty cool.

To put it in perspective, a teamwide use of Locket at Level 18 is worth over 3000 Gold of HP. Locket scales well with High Resistances (but not so much high health) and does really well with low health (e.g., ADCs); Aegis benefits high Health primarily.

Incidentally, that's also why I generally suggest Locket then Aegis. Low Health targets getting Locket Shield is better than the Aegis aura.

dimb

Im so used to having shurelias there tho lol. plus the CDR is handy.

Il play around with all 3 and see how I get on.

I kinda like twins as well but a see a lot of people say they arnt worth it but I have screwed over people trying to run with them a few times.
Locket has CDR too. You cap on CDR at 40%, which is really easy to hit on supports. At 18 your Locket can shield for up to 1150 across your whole team. That's a lot of mitigation potential on top of being one of the best items for supports just based on its stats. Same goes for Aegis/Bulwark really. You have to apply its benefits across your entire team and it adds up really fast.

Yeah thats true

Basically im just starting to put all these main items into the recommended section on my supports and then I choose which ones I need depending on the fights. I have used all these items on Lulu / Janna so at least im not ever lost in menus wondering what I should get anymore. You slowly start knowing what is what after time.

The funny thing is im lvl 17 and must have already put 70+ hours into this game already. Pretty scary lol.

Achtius

I've gotten into the habit of just asking after every team fight if Locket was used. I try to watch my debuffs for Eclipse (since I'm eyeballing Kayle's E) but sometimes I just forget. Or I was out of range.

Eclipse? You started playing Leona or is that a new item?

garath

Yeah thats true

Basically im just starting to put all these main items into the recommended section on my supports and then I choose which ones I need depending on the fights. I have used all these items on Lulu / Janna so at least im not ever lost in menus wondering what I should get anymore. You slowly start knowing what is what after time.

The funny thing is im lvl 17 and must have already put 70+ hours into this game already. Pretty scary lol.

It'll add up quick :)

Basically when I'm supporting I'm almost always building:

Locket
Aegis
Ruby Sightstone

From there it's situational. Shurelia's, twin shadows, upgrade to bulwark, randuin's but honestly I rarely get to build much more than those 3 items and boots with all the consumables. Supports are not rich.

It'll add up quick :)

Basically when I'm supporting I'm almost always building:

Locket
Aegis
Ruby Sightstone

From there it's situational. Shurelia's, twin shadows, upgrade to bulwark, randuin's but honestly I rarely get to build much more than those 3 items and boots with all the consumables. Supports are not rich.

Yeah but at lvl 17 you get plenty of crap AD carrys who get killed (where as a support you couldnt help them) leaving you some farm. But yeah you cant rely on gold so much.

Crucible for making some plays. Cost isn't that bad considering the active is 2 summoner spells in one but shorter CD than either of them.

Tried AD Thresh on PBE. If have 1.00 ASPD, it's a 20% AD steroid overall at max level Range is too tiny to make it any viable. Buuuut since Riot doesn't want you to play champs in a way they didnt design (AP Lulu, AP Rengar, Tank Rengar) I'm guessing they'll nerf Q to remove AD scaling but make it scale much stronger with souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom