• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phew, last game was intense, but qualified for the promotion series :D

JbCtZSH.jpg

Even though it was a 4 v 5 I honestly thought we would throw it, but we played it safe, picked one or two off every now and again and took an objective. We caught their Ryze out, then their Xin and went and finished it. They were really butthurt though. Such foul language!

Also:

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Nope. Last 3 games, I was casting my R like a second before my Q hit so my first auto attack isn't procing the mark.

Screws up the whole combo/harass thing when you mess that up.

Gots to be more patient

They made it even more easy mode man. You use E. lol.

Nether

Neo Member
Not quite ready for PvP games, but I think I'm going to try my hand against some intermediate bots now.

If you can't tell, that game took far longer than it should have

Of course it did. There was some noob cho gath feast stealing all the kills!!

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Of course it did. There was some noob cho gath feast stealing all the kills!!

I know you're joking, but most of those were solo. Hence why I want to move on to intermediate, the easy bots are getting too predictable. If they had more than 1/5 of their life gone it was as simple as rupture -> scream -> feast.

Ken

ponaGe: lux
ponaGe: can u supp
ponaGe: and i mid
ddm101: id rather not
ddm101: ....
ponaGe: f u
ponaGe: my kass would have won the game

league of f u

Nether

Neo Member
I know you're joking, but most of those were solo. Hence why I want to move on to intermediate, the easy bots are getting too predictable. If they had more than 1/5 of their life gone it was as simple as rupture -> scream -> feast.

Heh, yeah was definitely joking. Looks like your very much finished with beginner bots though.

I'd play a few games against intermediate bots but imo get yourself stuck into some normals asap. Playing against human opponents is where you learn the most about the game. Might be tough for a while but you'll improve much quicker.

zkylon

zkylewd
Phew, last game was intense, but qualified for the promotion series :D

Even though it was a 4 v 5 I honestly thought we would throw it, but we played it safe, picked one or two off every now and again and took an objective. We caught their Ryze out, then their Xin and went and finished it. They were really butthurt though. Such foul language!

Also:
Nice. I kinda wish I was bronze or something so I could have a better goal to aim for. I feel like I'm gonna be stuck in low silver forever :/

Also I never had really read up on Ori's passive that much (just knew to AA all the time, something I do with most mids anyways), but seems like she'd make a fun hybrid bruisy AS ADC. Just get CDR, level your E first and perma shield and speed buff! Don't even have to level up Q haha

Nether

Neo Member
Nice. I kinda wish I was bronze or something so I could have a better goal to aim for. I feel like I'm gonna be stuck in low silver forever :/

Also I never had really read up on Ori's passive that much (just knew to AA all the time, something I do with most mids anyways), but seems like she'd make a fun hybrid bruisy AS ADC. Just get CDR, level your E first and perma shield and speed buff! Don't even have to level up Q haha

I've come up against a few Ori's who tried it. Really didn't seem to work. Didn't manage to output much damage considering how much farm she had. Wasn't appreciably tankier either.

zkylon

zkylewd
New PBE patch now says:
Athene's Unholy Grail
Total cost increased to 2600 from 2550.
Magic resist lowered to 40 from 50
Cooldown reduction increased from 10% to 20%

I guess Morello went back to useless now lol.

WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME RIOT

I've come up against a few Ori's who tried it. Really didn't seem to work. Didn't manage to output much damage considering how much farm she had. Wasn't appreciably tankier either.
Yeah, I bet you're right, just something to goof around with.

Ferga

I'm not entirely sure that was his exact score but he couldn't do much outside of picking people off over the course of the hour long game. A lot of fights where one or two people would die but their tanks (Elise, Cho'gath) were such a wall that they'd never die or they'd take the entire fight to go down; it was a long series of 3-2, 4-4, 5-4, etc. sort of exchanges where we lost a lot due to how long Twitch was kept from the actual fight.

Edit: Put another way, it was less "I can't kill anything" and more, "I can't kill anything fast enough."

Plus just the general range gap with a Kayle/(non-ult) Twitch vs Lux/Caitlyn. It got to the point that the extra ~300 unit range between us was enough to chunk anyone to half or less. I had to focus what was diving rather than going after squishies. Of course, we also had some general bad fights and didn't press an advantage when we had it but that's another issue entirely.

Essentially, we needed a harder diver on the initiate (e.g., Nocturne) while also getting more tank in our setup (Kayle mid instead of top, a big bruiser top instead) if we wanted to do something in the late game. Alternatively, taking our chances and hard engaging when Lux ult was down.

I was 17/2 or 17/4 that game

And I didn't get any kills off the last two fights

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Sigh, start off poorly because top and jungle fed. My varus maxes his Q and bought crit gloves first. Start making a comeback and mid disconnects. Fuck this game.

It's a bit of a gimmick because carry Sona is not great, but her damage comes from that autoattack, so Manamune and Lich Bane capitalise on it. It works in ARAM.

Thanks I will try it.

I don't agree with she's not great. She's so underestimated. During this WE I killed lot of people assuming they will kill me easily even if they were only half hp or so. That was ridiculous because between heal, stun and her passive I almost fought my way out of it every time. People don't seem to realize how much damage her Q does when she's built AP.

Nether

Neo Member
I'm ashamed to admit I've been wrecked by AD carry Sona. Gave away an early kill cause we didn't realize where the damage was coming from (she was paired with a Pantheon), and then another 2 when she hit 6 and belted us with her ultimate.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Oh jeez. Did you lose all your league points?

No, I went 5-5 in placement matches. I probably could've played better in some of those games but god damn, I just want some real ADCs that know actual non-mobafire builds.

kayos90

No, I went 5-5 in placement matches. I probably could've played better in some of those games but god damn, I just want some real ADCs that know actual non-mobafire builds.

Going 5-5 puts you in bronze. Damn. I need to win more than half. I don't want to be in bronze dammit.

Ken

me: mid pls
2nd pick: LET ME MID PLS I AM 65% WIN RATE WITH AKALI LOOK ME UP
me: ok thresh support
2nd pick: they have rumble i'll pick morg instead
me: what's your win rate with morg
2nd pick: idunno

morg: 0/7/4 fed rumble gg

kayos90

Placement is pretty brutal, I got pretty lucky to win 8/10, really.

I'm at 2/2. I'm hoping my next 8 games will go as well as my first 2. The first 2 games were a freaking breeze. No problems or anything. Great teammates too.

Pancakes

I'm at 2/2. I'm hoping my next 8 games will go as well as my first 2. The first 2 games were a freaking breeze. No problems or anything. Great teammates too.

You'll probably be fine so long as you avoid support imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom