• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Gentleman's idea is good but the execution sucks.

Battlecast's idea is alright but the execution is awesome.

Yah I love the whole concept of "monocle and top-hat monster", but the animations and little touches are making me lean towards battlecast.

Blizzard

Banned
Since I haven't complained about it yet -- I don't like the new effects for Lux because the Q is hard to see, and the rest are either hard to see or confuse me. :( The Q in particular is thinner than the collision box. It makes it pretty irritating to play against.

Gentleman Cho'gath or Battlecast Cho'gath?

Which skin should I get?
Gentleman has the QUIETTTTT and UP YOU GO lines though.

zkylon

zkylewd
ibfj8nxui0U8h4.png
My streak T_T

Thresh just gave out like 30 minutes in and started buying MR lol...

Got my first quadra with Lux too :D

Talon was really good too, feel bad about forgetting to honor him :/

I'm so happy :DDD

zkylon

zkylewd
Rengar's dunk build is outdated. It's all about windy swords now.
Haha, I think he went for the troll build right after Thresh.

To be honest I was pretty scared of the dunks this match, this being League of Assassins, but didn't need the peel (not like anyone ever bothers to) since Talon was pretty beast himself.

I've been doing really good with Lux, can't remember the last time I didn't win my lane...

Ken

abloobloobloo

Jax and Vi left Ezreal and I to peel off the mean Irelia from ourselves meaning Annie was free to nuke whoever.

Also Vi ult knocking people away from my ult. :(

Boken

Banned
Thats not true neki

FANTASY LoL: anyway, everybody should go to http://www.bossminion.com/ and join the league "NeoGAF" (search for it - password: believe) in preparation for LCS - i'll put up the thread tonight, hopefully.

my team:

rhZvGmP.png

In doublelift we trust.

Ferga

It's funny how incredibly nice people turn when a rioter is in their game. 10 GG WPs in chat after the game. Noone begging for honour, no ragers, almost no all chat unless it's "wow gj!"

Won the game even though my team was severely behind. I swear if riottiza wasn't in my game, we would of lost that game with people giving up after all the lanes lost.

It would be awesome if there was a citizens on patrol project. Minus all the rage and maximise fun/teamwork.

garath

To buy Elise or not to buy Elise.......

She looks fun but I already play too many champions are sub optimal levels.. And I never get top lane. I have to fight enough for mid.

scy

It's funny how incredibly nice people turn when a rioter is in their game. 10 GG WPs in chat after the game. Noone begging for honour, no ragers, almost no all chat unless it's "wow gj!"

The intended goal behind Honor.

...yeah, about that.

To buy Elise or not to buy Elise.......

She looks fun but I already play too many champions are sub optimal levels..

I know that feel ;_; At this point, I'm not even feeling like my Kayle has gotten much better recently honestly. Especially when I do dumb things (Flash Q-Ignite an Elise under tower last night? Really? Or ulting on engage under tower? We got the kill but good lord that was stupid). This is why I tend to spam one champion over-and-over until I feel comfortable with them but I don't feel the same about things recently.

But, anyway, Elise is still good. Her nerfs make her less "if in Range, then Q" and more knowing when should stop Q harassing. A single Q of hers can more-or-less completely negate a Health Potion at any stage of the early game so your goal is to have your Mana pool beat their Health potion count.

Beyond that, she's not technically complicated to play. The hardest part of her kit is landing her stun. Rappel, at a basic level, is just a point-click gap close. If you want to go the extra mile with her with Rappel jukes and Volatile Spiderling jumps, it takes a bit more effort but her core gameplay isn't too rough.

I will say you HAVE to learn her Q damages so you know when you can safely tower dive. How to juggle her cooldowns will help a lot as well since you'll be swapping forms pretty often to dive for kills / escape.

All of this reminds me that I need to buy that MF skin before the sale ends though!

managed to get 2 games in last night and played nunu support on both. Was good fun. Really like him. Problem is now I want to buy the grungy nunu skin as its awesome. Do I really spend more money on skins.....

Anyway first game we got stopped due to a terrible team comp and 2 ADC's where Mog Haw (I think thats its name) came bot with me and ended 0/8/0. He was beyond useless.

However second game we did the stomping. Was with Ashe in bot against another Ashe and a Janna. However there Janna was terrible. So much in so that I lost control of my yeti and ended the game 8/0/8. Prob should have let the ADC get those kills...... still we were winning by so much I just thought what the hell. Ashe had a bunch of kills herself anyway.

In all honesty I didnt steal many. I got a bunch by sneaking behind them while they sat at tower with basically no health.

Anyway between Nunu Lulu and Alister I can support pretty well depending on my team comp (if they go no tanky characters I can let Ali lead the charges) Also have Janna and Saroka if needed. Kayle for top lane and LAZER Lux for mid.

I have a bunch of other chars unlocked but I either havn't clicked with them or just not enjoying them that much. Jax is OK but I find pretty weak early game (Im prob just playing him badly) I dunno. I just like playing support the most anyway.

garath

The intended goal behind Honor.

...yeah, about that.

I know that feel ;_; At this point, I'm not even feeling like my Kayle has gotten much better recently honestly. Especially when I do dumb things (Flash Q-Ignite an Elise under tower last night? Really? Or ulting on engage under tower? We got the kill but good lord that was stupid). This is why I tend to spam one champion over-and-over until I feel comfortable with them but I don't feel the same about things recently.

But, anyway, Elise is still good. Her nerfs make her less "if in Range, then Q" and more knowing when should stop Q harassing. A single Q of hers can more-or-less completely negate a Health Potion at any stage of the early game so your goal is to have your Mana pool beat their Health potion count.

Beyond that, she's not technically complicated to play. The hardest part of her kit is landing her stun. Rappel, at a basic level, is just a point-click gap close. If you want to go the extra mile with her with Rappel jukes and Volatile Spiderling jumps, it takes a bit more effort but her core gameplay isn't too rough.

I will say you HAVE to learn her Q damages so you know when you can safely tower dive. How to juggle her cooldowns will help a lot as well since you'll be swapping forms pretty often to dive for kills / escape.

All of this reminds me that I need to buy that MF skin before the sale ends though!

I think I'm going to resist. Save my RPs for something I'll play more regularly. If I was a top laner I think it'd be a no brainer but when I get to/need to play top I have a few that I'm infinitely more comfortable with already - akali, zed, darius, malphite, lee sin, katarina(lolImVoyboyWut), Riven

I'll probably just refund nami and buy Thresh and the new ADC with IP. Save my RP for the skiiiiiiiiinsssssss

0-12 after 8 minutes. there is no way i'm carrying myself out of bronze. i have a better chance just getting a new account and do 1-30 again.

lol is Koggy any good? I have never used him.
He has one of the highest late game DPS, due to his W being a magic HP% shred. Other strongest late game ADCs are Vayne (will murder even the beefiest tanks) and Draven (raw physical damage output). AP Kog is fantastic in Proving Grounds.

He has no solid escapes. He'll die against any assassin/divers unless he can kill them first.

EXGN

Me, when my Leona continuously Zenith Blades and stuns the enemy Taric, even though it's Leona/Ashe versus Taric/Graves and then bitches me out because I can't double kill them at level 2:

tumblr_merp6nasBn1r1db16o2_400.gif

Thats not true neki

FANTASY LoL: anyway, everybody should go to http://www.bossminion.com/ and join the league "NeoGAF" (search for it - password: believe) in preparation for LCS - i'll put up the thread tonight, hopefully.

my team:

rhZvGmP.png

In doublelift we trust.

Was totally gonna do this myself, I'll make my roster later!

EXGN

My team:

KxLIZSn.png

Definitely feel like some of these players are really undervalued. Not sure how Soaz is worth only $14, must be because of a lackluster performance at IEM Katowice.

Boken

Banned
0-12 after 8 minutes. there is no way i'm carrying myself out of bronze. i have a better chance just getting a new account and do 1-30 again.

Why wouldn't you just place in bronze again?

and Oh shit I forgot about gosu pepper. Easily the support with the highest kill score... hmm.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

How're you 0-12? Are those deaths from teamfights? Laning? Ganks? Maybe you should see where you're dying that way you can avoid dying in such a fashion in the future.

mercviper

How're you 0-12? Are those deaths from teamfights? Laning? Ganks? Maybe you should see where you're dying that way you can avoid dying in such a fashion in the future.

Sounds like a team score.

Can't really help it when teams feed, but you can probably bait the enemy team pretty easily into overextending as well.

For lower ELOs I'd also recommend learning a mid/top well enough that you can stomp and get fed by 15 minutes. It's normally enough to dishearten/break down the enemy team if you do so and then they forfeit before the late game comes into play.

scy

and Oh shit I forgot about gosu pepper. Easily the support with the highest kill score... hmm.

skumbag krepo reputation at stake?!

For lower ELOs I'd also recommend learning a mid/top well enough that you can stomp and get fed by 15 minutes. It's normally enough to dishearten/break down the enemy team if you do so and then they forfeit before the late game comes into play.

Yeah. One of the greatest ways to win solo queue games is to just bully enough that the enemy team breaks down (and probably starts insulting each other). Morale goes a long way towards winning games.

Hell, it works in premade games too. Force early surrenders just by moving the game ahead early.

kayos90

Sounds like a team score.

Can't really help it when teams feed, but you can probably bait the enemy team pretty easily into overextending as well.

Ugh. If it's a team score and that happens, nothing you can really do...

Why wouldn't you just place in bronze again?

maybe i will, but i got a better chance than carrying myself out of bronze.

no, i was 0/0, my team was 0-12.

i gave up playing adc even though i got fed every game. now i played mid and got fed but our adc bought 3 warmogs and AP items. i'm not even kidding.

mercviper

i gave up playing adc even though i got fed every game. now i played mid and got fed but our adc bought 3 warmogs and AP items. i'm not even kidding.

Once you get fed you have to roam and show your power to the other lanes. I dunno if you are, but if you stay mid the whole time they probably won't notice you're fed and fail to fear you and instead be yelling at their mid for being bad.

scy

Ugh. If it's a team score and that happens, nothing you can really do...

Well, sometimes it still depends. Did your lane roam down there? Did you spot the jungler and just assumed everyone else saw it? Were you in a position to roam and stop it? Were you in a position to switch jungle pressure to your lane (or, if you're the jungler, in a position to counter jungle or countergank)?

It's one thing to have a team that gives up a lot of deaths early on. It's another to just accept it as "I can't do anything about this."

kayos90

maybe i will, but i got a better chance than carrying myself out of bronze.

no, i was 0/0, my team was 0-12.

ADC is very team reliant. Unless you get super fed off during laning, it's hard to make a difference in early/mid game. Burst is more scary looking than constant stream of damage. It's all about breaking the opponent's psyche and making them afraid. After all. Rather than doing 800 damage over 10 seconds, it's a lot scarier to get hit by 800 in 1 second. T_T.

Once you get fed you have to roam and show your power to the other lanes. I dunno if you are, but if you stay mid the whole time they probably won't notice you're fed and fail to fear you and instead be yelling at their mid for being bad.

i do man, but its so frustrating teaching 4 players how to play while playing perfectly myself and still get shit on for every little mistake (sometimes it wasn't even really a mistake). i'm no pro and i know that but i'm better than bronze 5, as i said my friends are all around 1800 elo and i'm usually the best of us if we play teams.

mercviper

Started playing Annie some more to re-learn her. Definitely still letting some kills get away because they're one Teemo away from my incinerate range when I cast it due to habit, but I'm getting better at remembering to walk up and hit them now. Still prefer the old way. Could be lazier that way. :<

kayos90

i do man, but its so frustrating teaching 4 players how to play while playing perfectly myself and still get shit on for every little mistake (sometimes it wasn't even really a mistake). i'm no pro and i know that but i'm better than bronze 5, as i said my friends are all around 1800 elo and i'm usually the best of us if we play teams.

Some tips. Seriously. This is what I do in ranked.

1.) Talk if only necessary. Congratulate good stuff such as a team member getting a kill. If someone dies, don't say anything harsh. Keep it simple and the chat environment positive.

2.) Don't juggle learning and trying to teach players. In fact, don't even do both. Think of ranked as an exam in ways. What you learn in normal and other ranked is what you're being tested on. It's a ground to prove your skills. Not learn more than show off.

3.) Learn at least 3 roles for ranked. Don't whine about you not getting a role and stuff and try to adapt to your team's environment. When in doubt, just don't talk.

4.) Learn at least 3 champions for each role in case they get banned, picked, or countering opponents.

5.) Use pings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom