• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

PBE Nasus is a beast. Increased range on Wither and attack range on his ultimate. Hopefully Soaz will reintroduce him in season 3.

I guess the matchmaking on this game is pretty accurate seeing as every time I get a 3-4 game win streak its normally followed by a 3-4 game lose streak.

Got my Nunu Grungy skin (hurray)

Some games you just know your gonna lose. It was a pretty fun game and I was Alister as other wise we would have had no one who can take a beating up close. The only issue was that my damage guys would always focus blitz rather than Corki and Ryze. I did ask them to focus those guys first (politely every time) but just just never would. Even the time i got in. pulved then headbutted Ryze right at my team they just ignored him and focused blitz.

Ho hum. Me and Ashe were doing really well in the laning phase as well. Never mind at least it was a pretty fun game anyway.

Played a bit of Janna again as well last night. Really like her still. rotating between Janna, Lulu, Nunu and Ali really helps keep the support role interesting. Just gotta grind my IP now so that at lvl 20 I can get my runes (got to lvl 18 last night).

Ken

dat limah joined the room.
LankyTheFuzz joined the room.
Corgi the Chloe: mid
mTRAiN69: middle
mTRAiN69: I'm middle
mTRAiN69: ur not midding with ur shi t lux
Corgi the Chloe: uh
Corgi the Chloe: ok
Corgi the Chloe: i guess you get my sejuani then
mTRAiN69: its ok
mTRAiN69: ill troll
mTRAiN69: this beech
mTRAiN69: idgaf
mTRAiN69: I could lose 24/7
mTRAiN69: im rich and make money by just sitting on my ass
mTRAiN69: making kids like u rage
Corgi the Chloe: ok?
mTRAiN69: yeah

thanks lolking

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I can smell the penta, it's coming. I know it is. I CAN ALMOST TASTE IT

Yeah, that sucks. I basically talk and ping a lot on solo q to let my teammates know stuff I feel might be important (like "gotta base for deathcap"), you might want to communicate some more if you feel that not doing it is putting people off.

And sometimes people are just making bad decisions and you gotta not follow them and save them from themselves :p

What should I try and do in those first 5-6 minutes where Cho has mana issues? I mean I could have saved him and not had him rage at me if I wasn't oom, so I feel like while he was being too aggressive, it is my fault as well.

mercviper

What should I try and do in those first 5-6 minutes where Cho has mana issues? I mean I could have saved him and not had him rage at me if I wasn't oom, so I feel like while he was being too aggressive, it is my fault as well.

Just a shot in the dark but I'd say try not to use any mana unless you think the trade is worth it. That means landing your rupture and getting 2-3 autos off during the knockup+silence. Do you rank E up first? The free damage you get from that is nice enough that I skill up like Q->W->Max E->Max W->Max Q in lane, getting R when possible.

Blizzard

Banned
My favorite complaining about AP thing is when someone freaks out because they or a teammate has AP...not realizing it's because of the ignite mastery. (Or at least it used to work that way)

Also I think it was in ranked a few days ago, someone tried to tell me that blue buff didn't affect energy regen, why on earth would I want it on Zed. LITTLE DID THEY KNOW IT DOES AFFECT ENERGY REGEN. :(

Also, I like not introducing a new champion every two weeks. We have like a billion champions already, give people some time to save up IP or something!

the guy sounds like a complete jerk and they do appear quite often.

Honestly just dont worry about it and just try to think that OK next time il just say "OOM gonna B" or something. They if he runs off without your help its his own fault as you did warn them.

For example I had a game last night where I was support and has Ashe as the ADC in my lane. Basically i would set up kills and the ADC would run and and finish the job. In one instance I wandered up river to set wards. The ADC wasn't paying attention and went in for a kill and died. No complaining. Ashe just said sorry I didn't notice you went to ward. I replied with a sorry I should have said and that was it.

For every jerk there is a decent person. Just gotta ignore the jerks but cover your own backside by pinging and letting people know when ya gonna B or ya OOM. At least then they were the ones not paying attention.

Its also just a game and at your level (even my lvl 18) there are tons of people who don't really know what they are doing. Its not ranked after all and there are people just trying to have fun so just take it on the chin and keep having fun.

I was out of place once as I didnt notice my team was at Baron (I was still pretty close by) and I get a "Noob Nunu" and I just role with it and head over to Baron. They may be verbal but just try and realise these are prob just angsty kids who think they are the nuts and like to shout at people. You talking back isn't going to stop them so just do your best to not rise to their comments. I mean that guy was right in that I hadn't noticed what my team was doing and I was playing badly in that one instance. The fact he was a dick about it didn't make him wrong so I went over and got back in the team. I must have just missed a ping or something.

mercviper

the guy sounds like a complete jerk and they do appear quite often.

Honestly just dont worry about it and just try to think that OK next time il just say "OOM gonna B" or something. They if he runs off without your help its his own fault as you did warn them.

For example I had a game last night where I was support and has Ashe as the ADC in my lane. Basically i would set up kills and the ADC would run and and finish the job. In one instance I wandered up river to set wards. The ADC wasn't paying attention and went in for a kill and died. No complaining. Ashe just said sorry I didn't notice you went to ward. I replied with a sorry I should have said and that was it.

For every jerk there is a decent person. Just gotta ignore the jerks but cover your own backside by pinging and letting people know when ya gonna B or ya OOM. At least then they were the ones not paying attention.

Its also just a game and at your level (even my lvl 18) there are tons of people who don't really know what they are doing. Its not ranked after all and there are people just trying to have fun so just take it on the chin and keep having fun.

I was out of place once as I didnt notice my team was at Baron (I was still pretty close by) and I get a "Noob Nunu" and I just role with it and head over to Baron. They may be verbal but just try and realise these are prob just angsty kids who think they are the nuts and like to shout at people. You talking back isn't going to stop them so just do your best to not rise to their comments. I mean that guy was right in that I hadn't noticed what my team was doing and I was playing badly in that one instance. The fact he was a dick about it didn't make him wrong so I went over and got back in the team. I must have just missed a ping or something.

I like the way you think.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

Yah I've honestly seen more good/decent people than anything. Hell I'm level 11 and that was the first straight-up asshole I've played with. Had a Lux that supported me during a game last night and while we lost, we had great communication, managed to keep eachother alive, etc. It was mostly the whole "Everyone report him!" part from that one game that got under my skin.

Yah I've honestly seen more good/decent people than anything. Hell I'm level 11 and that was the first straight-up asshole I've played with. Had a Lux that supported me during a game last night and while we lost, we had great communication, managed to keep eachother alive, etc. It was mostly the whole "Everyone report him!" part from that one game that got under my skin.

I find that a lot of games that I lose I actually did great in the laning phase. Playing support, if I do it right I can have alot of fun dominating the lane with the the ADC.

However once the team fight starts you are trying to get 5 people doing the same thing without voice chat.... often leads to a total mess. But meh. Thats what happens in solo queue.

scy

The easiest and most obvious way would be to simply use less mana. Just because a skill is up does not mean it has to be used. I'd try to limit your Rupture use to Defensive purposes or times where you're guaranteed to land it AND get off free auto-attacks for damage. Use Feral Scream when they're in range to discourage them from continuing on rather than seeking them out for it.

Above all, though, Cho'gath just needs to farm better to sustain in lane. You get +HP/Mana per minion killed. Last hit in lane better and you'll generally solve all of your mana problems, given some basic mana management. Basically, know exactly how much mana you need to actually use your skills and try to keep 90 Mana (Rupture cost) on-hand at all times so you can use it when you absolutely NEED it defensively.

This is all assuming QEWW and then R>W>Q>E build.

When are they going to reveal a new champ. :/

The finishing touches are being done, apparently, so she'll be announced soon I imagine. And then spend a week or so on the PBE before becoming OP FotM or useless trash (and then later becoming OP FotM).

The better response is to work on not going out of mana in the first place. Mana management is something you can, and totally should, work on. Just going out of mana in lane without doing something with it is a waste. For instance, pushing them to their tower and then backing to buy because you have enough gold for a major item is a good reason to blow your mana; blowing your mana but being at your own tower or inthe middle of the lane is a waste.

That said, at least a heads up about backing or whatever is usually appreciated. Then it is on them for failing to notice you warding or being too low to engage or whatever. Then you can sigh as they do it anyway.

Edit: Not really disagreeing with you on this, incidentally. Just saying to still take from the whole thing that, "I was out of mana here, why was I out of mana, was it worth it, and could I have accomplished the same thing without doing so?"

zkylon

zkylewd
Don't spam, if you're mid or jungle get blue buff, if you're top buy mana pots, last hit a lot so you can benefit of the passive and buy mana or mana regen items. I like buying at least a Glacial Shroud and a Doran's Ring.

What I mean with don't spam is to be smart about your harassing, don't rapture anyone unless you know it's gonna land, and don't overuse it to farm. Also if you're leveling your W first, by level 4 it'll start costing more than your Q, so move back to your Q to kill minions then. Another thing is that you'll usually want to toggle your E off in-lane (not in jungle tho) to have better control of minion health and be able to last hit better. Last hitting is also key with Cho because of his passive. It'll take you about 25 minions to get a free spell off the passive now so it's not as good as it was but with Cho every rapture counts.

Wingsofdeathx is a god-tier streamer for a scrub like me. So much useful information.
I gotta get on it. Watched a bit of Scarra's but didn't like it.

scy

I gotta get on it. Watched a bit of Scarra's but didn't like it.

Wings and Voyboy are basically the two best top lane streamers right now (with commentary). Wings gets lost a bit at times with over-rationalizing things (and/or excuses) but he's solid. Plus, he's always streaming. Like, always.

scarra is my preferred mid-lane streamer, in those rare events he actually fucking streams ;_;

zkylon

zkylewd
Wings and Voyboy are basically the two best top lane streamers right now (with commentary). Wings gets lost a bit at times with over-rationalizing things (and/or excuses) but he's solid. Plus, he's always streaming. Like, always.

scarra is my preferred mid-lane streamer, in those rare events he actually fucking streams ;_;
Ah, shit, I thought wings was mid-lane. My problem with scarra is that he doesn't ever stream and that I hate his key mashing, it drives me insane...

Hmm xPeke's streaming now, and at least it doesn't feel bad that I'm watching an 18 year old play...

scy

problem with scarra is that he doesn't ever stream and that I hate his key mashing, it drives me insane...

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

how2eve

I never really noticed I guess, though I spam my keys when chasing or something.

zkylon

zkylewd
QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

how2eve

I never really noticed I guess, though I spam my keys when chasing or something.
CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK

garath

CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK

Gotta love those mechanical keyboards. Really. Gotta love them. They're awesome :)

Boken

Banned
Imagine me playing Ryze on my mechanical keyboard.

Lulu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Taric > Alistar > Blitz > Janna

Sorry, bro.

uhhhh is that u sweetooth?

also, why isnt sona on that list wtf
or leona.

that list sucks (THRESH > everything)

zkylon

zkylewd
Right now I'd say it's Thresh > Lulu > Sona = Blitz = Zyra > Leona > Taric > Nami > Janna.

Gotta love those mechanical keyboards. Really. Gotta love them. They're awesome :)
Never used one. I don't play champions with low cooldowns anyways.

Except Pantheon. He makes me feel like a MAN. Walking around in my underwear for some reason.

mercviper

Thresh / anyadc makes for some disgusting scary laning bottom. At least in my experiences.

ftfy

but yeah, janna draven is pretty scary. draven alone already is. add janna and omg the damages.

edit: I had this really insane hook last night on Thresh. I need to be putting my ranked games on stream again so I can easily link highlights lol.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
That's fine...just forget about Soraka...
Thresh is highly overrated.

garath

I keep waffling on using my second refund to get my IP back for Nami. But I'm really wondering if I'd ever play her again when she's up against Leona, Sona, Zyra and Thresh. I don't really main support and even if I did, Nami just doesn't seem to have a place.

scy

Mechanical Keyboards are so good.

Imagine me playing Ryze on my mechanical keyboard.

QRWEQ -> QEEREQEEQEWEWQWEWEEWQEWQEWQEWQWEEWQWEQEQW

For 8 total spells cast.

that list sucks (THRESH > everything)

Thresh always gets through bans and I don't know why. I should probably play him more. So much fun.

I don't know why anyone watches ExcusesOfDeath when they could be watching good guy Voyboy.

Different playstyles, champs, and viewpoints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom