• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercviper

Wut?

Soraka is fun?

You must be drunk. She is probably one of the most boring champions in the game.

I hate "This champ is boring" arguments. It's all relative to the person playing. For example, I find Soraka to be just as fun as playing someone like Thresh.

For me, the core of the fun is doing my job in the role that I've chosen. As a support, that means paying attention to the map and disrupting the enemy, while providing opportunities for my ADC.

Soraka's simpler kit allows me to focus more on the map, and even pushes towards that aspect a little bit with her Wish being a global effect. The sustain provided from her allows your lane to slowly get ahead with repeated small skirmishes and her silence gives you a large window of opportunity to harass freely.

edit: I guess Soraka is boring because she makes the lane too easy.

zkylon

zkylewd
They don't know the joy of launching a powerchord at an ADC and chunking them for 1/3 of their HP, or launching a W powerchord right before an enemy launches their ult making it worthless.

Feels good man.
Yeah I get the feeling people that find Sona boring don't really pay enough attention to her passive. I run her with MPen reds and one AP quint so she does crazy early damage heh.

I do think she's gotten a bit outclassed by both Zyra and Lulu lately, but I dunno, I'm too lazy to learn them.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3097136

New adc champion? Seems like they're hinting she rides some sort of bird named valor? That's my guess anyways.

Edit: Ult similar to TFs where she flies to some other place on the map? Could be cool
For an ADC that'd be pretty weird. I kinda like getting another Demacian, she could be BFFs with Lux!

I hate "This champ is boring" arguments. It's all relative to the person playing. For example, I find Soraka to be just as fun as playing someone like Thresh.

For me, the core of the fun is doing my job in the role that I've chosen. As a support, that means paying attention to the map and disrupting the enemy, while providing opportunities for my ADC.

Soraka's simpler kit allows me to focus more on the map, and even pushes towards that aspect a little bit with her Wish being a global effect. The sustain provided from her allows your lane to slowly get ahead with repeated small skirmishes and her silence gives you a large window of opportunity to harass freely.

edit: I guess Soraka is boring because she makes the lane too easy.

Also its fun to mess with some tower dives/ganks in the other lanes(I really hate when I get killed due to Sorakas ult negating some of my damage I need for the kill.)

bjaelke

I wouldn't expect Zyra to use her ult to start a teamfight unless someone got caught out of position and I'd expect normal use (or threat of use) to force tough choices from the enemy.

The way I play her and have fun with her (which was the discussion) is to dive in or catch them out of position. Whenever I do that I find that a lot of gap-closers are able to shut me down fast. Someone like Khazix will jump in, get the reset and jump away without taking any noticeable damage. With an Hourglass I can bait the jump and isolate him from the rest of his team. And have fun doing it.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Q9Hrw8I.png

I... Uh...

...What? Is this like those honorable opponent things I see?

I'm level 26 now and I figure I'd better spend the free 400 RP given at level 10. I'm not really interested in skins (sorry). Do you think it's best to spend on IP bundles or just wait for a champ I want to hit the 395 RP range? I wish I could buy RP in 100 increments and get those sub 500 RP ones on sale!

mercviper

The way I play her and have fun with her (which was the discussion) is to dive in or catch them out of position. Whenever I do that I find that a lot of gap-closers are able to shut me down fast. Someone like Khazix will jump in, get the reset and jump away without taking any noticeable damage. With an Hourglass I can bait the jump and isolate him from the rest of his team. And have fun doing it.

More reasons why I hate 'fun/boring' arguments. It's too different per person and I don't know all your rules for 'fun/boring' in the first place.

I can however, argue about 'insignificance'. Since that was what you said about Zyra's cc's in teamfights, I pointed out that just by being there and having the CC makes it significant. Getting an hourglass expands on what you can do with it, e.g. flashing in deeper to ult, but not having the hourglass doesn't mean you're insignificant.

bjaelke

More reasons why I hate 'fun/boring' arguments. It's too different per person and I don't know all your rules for 'fun/boring' in the first place.

I can however, argue about 'insignificance'. Since that was what you said about Zyra's cc's in teamfights, I pointed out that just by being there and having the CC makes it significant. Getting an hourglass expands on what you can do with it, e.g. flashing in deeper to ult, but not having the hourglass doesn't mean you're insignificant.

I might not be insignificant but I feel insignificant - especially when I'm playing solo queue and it's all a big mess.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Yeah I get the feeling people that find Sona boring don't really pay enough attention to her passive. I run her with MPen reds and one AP quint so she does crazy early damage heh.

I do think she's gotten a bit outclassed by both Zyra and Lulu lately, but I dunno, I'm too lazy to learn them.

Lulu? Absolutely. Zyra? Eh. Zyra needs to land her skillshots to be useful at all and she lacks sustain or a great deal of utility besides her slow plants and ult for zoning and peeling.

Moral of the story is that Lulu is the queen support atm! Also, I was looking up Nhat's build when I saw him go for these masteries as support Lulu and Sona.

I wanna try these out in normals and see what comes of it. Looks to be very aggressive and kill focused since he gives up the Gp10 and the extra starting gold. But the extra damage might be worth it.

mercviper

I might not be insignificant but I feel insignificant - especially when I'm playing solo queue and it's all a big mess.

And that's okay. :) DSFDF and all that.

In other news, PICK/BAN TIME. Good thing my boss is on vacation today.

I wanna try these out in normals and see what comes of it. Looks to be very aggressive and kill focused since he gives up the Gp10 and the extra starting gold. But the extra damage might be worth it.

Yeah I think if you can manage the aggressiveness and convert a kill from it, it'll pay off. Otherwise you'll feel really behind in comparison. It also runs a little more in line with the meta I'm hearing about of supports not getting gp10 and instead stuff to win the lane harder.

scy

Nothing is more fun than tower diving an ADC + Support, ulting to trap one in and watching the other run away only to be pulled back in by Flay.

Nothing.

Getting in on that Waifu Emblem Pegasus Knights muney.

all of my $$$

ALL OF MY $$$

bjaelke

Nasus got another buff on the PBE. I think that's the 4th consecutive buff for him including the live buff to his Q.

Nasus - [R] - Fury of the Sands
Nasus becomes empowered in the sandstorm for 15 seconds,increasing his maximum Health by 300/450/600,Attack Range by 50/50/50,and cast ranges by 150/150/150.

scy

It's worth noting that Nasus on live already gets an increased attack range, it's just not mentioned in the Ult description itself (125 -> 150). I believe the spell range change is also due to the model, similar to Cho'gath's hitbox change.

So ... there's a chance that these aren't really as huge as they're being made out to be. We'll see, I guess?

bjaelke

It's worth noting that Nasus on live already gets an increased attack range, it's just not mentioned in the Ult description itself (125 -> 150). I believe the spell range change is also due to the model, similar to Cho'gath's hitbox change.

So ... there's a chance that these aren't really as huge as they're being made out to be. We'll see, I guess?

From the PBE. With a bit of CDR you can basically keep an AD Carry locked down with Wither.

Boken

Banned
150 range is more than a teemo. So its probably not just accounting for models. And holy shit are they going to break nasus.

and Pegasus knight ADC? sounds awesome.

Or maybe Val is some kind of pet. How about an ADC wilderness/hunter girl who uses her pet falcon to attack. Yeah thats cool.

mercviper

Or maybe Val is some kind of pet. How about an ADC wilderness/hunter girl who uses her pet falcon to attack. Yeah thats cool.

I thought I heard something like that in regards to the next adc, attacks with a hawk or something. From the pics linked the thread I'm expecting Val to be short for a pet named Valor.

People aren't even comprehending the changes anymore, they're just interpreting it all as buffs. All this means is his attack range and Q range are being adjusted to reflect his increased size. Chogath gets this when he gets bigger and no one complains about that. All they are doing is making the range fit the model size. Nasus Q "cast range" is 300, which equates to the same as hit "attack range" of 125. So basically all they are doing is slightly increasing the range of his auto attacks and Qs to reflect his slightly larger size in ultimate form. They already did the attack range in the last notes. So in these notes the only fucking thing they did was make his Q range match his attack range while in ult form. For that matter, did people even actually read and comprehend what the other notes meant? Because the majority of them are just buffs/tweaks that put him on par with the current state of the game in terms of mana costs, etc. So much QQ over long-deserved changes.

-Hyfe

scy

From the PBE. With a bit of CDR you can basically keep an AD Carry locked down with Wither.

Like I said, we'll see :x Was just noting that Cho'gath got similar adjustments due to his model size, if I recall. That said, yeah, Nasus gains 25 range from his ult on live so +50 is still a buff.

and Pegasus knight ADC? sounds awesome.

$$$ $$$ $$$

This is, sadly, the most likely case.

Because booooooooo.

She should be the bird since they said new champ was non-human.

I think they said that. But it could be me just harping on the issue yet again.

The next champ was merely teased as being non-male. The wording made it seem like "non-human" since ... well, why not just say female, y'know?

bjaelke

I thought I heard something like that in regards to the next adc, attacks with a hawk or something. From the pics linked the thread I'm expecting Val to be short for a pet named Valor.

Of all the champions I've helped pitch, I definitely have a fondness for the female champs: Vi, Quinn, and a couple more that have yet to see release. Vi and Quinn in particular borrow a lot from my personal inspirations.
Val + Quinn = Valquinn => Falcon

Okay that's a bit of a stretch.

Ferga

That doesn't sound like Soraka at all.

How do you play her?

I mean if you misclick or anything, you're either dead or you're burning flash. There is no way in hell i'm letting a soraka silence me for free in lane or hit me.

I'm going to chase you down and take half your life and make you waste mana to heal yourself.

If you don't harass with silence, you pretty much lost the lane if the enemy adc decides to freeze lane and know how to harass.

zkylon

zkylewd
Lulu? Absolutely. Zyra? Eh. Zyra needs to land her skillshots to be useful at all and she lacks sustain or a great deal of utility besides her slow plants and ult for zoning and peeling.

Moral of the story is that Lulu is the queen support atm! Also, I was looking up Nhat's build when I saw him go for these masteries as support Lulu and Sona.

Those don't sound bad at all, though the lack of extra GP10 (I don't use the starting gold mastery anyways) and the mini-ward is kinda scary.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
How do you play her?

I mean if you misclick or anything, you're either dead or you're burning flash. There is no way in hell i'm letting a soraka silence me for free in lane or hit me.

I'm going to chase you down and take half your life and make you waste mana to heal yourself.

If you don't harass with silence, you pretty much lost the lane if the enemy adc decides to freeze lane and know how to harass.
How is this not the case for most champions? And why would Soraka misclick when it's so easy to hit her spells. In practice it's fun to say you will destroy any Soraka who comes in to harass you but the reality is that Infuse has 725 range, no cost to it, and leaves the enemy target silenced. If an enemy comes in on Soraka she can turn on Starfall spam, throw down a heal, and come out ahead if the situation is played right. I understand not everyone will think she's great. Fine. Whatever. It is kind of silly to completely write her off though.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Destiny dropping truth bombs on his stream. I always ward between drag and tri as a super lazy ward. He rightfully said that ward placement doesn't give you enough time to respond to anything. I should've figured this out earlier lol.

Learning every day I suppose.

Venfayth

Destiny dropping truth bombs on his stream. I always ward between drag and tri as a super lazy ward. He rightfully said that ward placement doesn't give you enough time to respond to anything. I should've figured this out earlier lol.

Learning every day I suppose.

One of my favorite things about Destiny is how brutally honest he is about everything. He's definitely not always right, but he's almost always got a reason for what he says.

edit: And his music.

Boken

Banned
How do you play her?

Uh I don't know what you guys are arguing about but harassing with silence is pretty easy with Soraka.

I mean it's only 725 range and literally instant cast with no travel time and animation I know it's not much, but you can also do it when they last hit.

Ferga

Uh I don't know what you guys are arguing about but harassing with silence is pretty easy with Soraka.

I mean it's only 725 range and literally instant cast with no travel time and animation I know it's not much, but you can also do it when they last hit.

Not saying that you can't harass with soraka but you'll be punished if the opponent knows what they're doing.

I ain't letting no unicorn come up to me and silence me for free.

Neki

Not saying that you can't harass with soraka but you'll be punished if the opponent knows what they're doing.

I ain't letting no unicorn come up to me and silence me for free.

well if you try to counter harass you're going to lose cs every time

had a fiddles call mid

proceeded to go 1-9-1

why do these players exist in plat

Neki

So will the enemy adc if they want to save their soraka.

save their support from one auto attack?

you're so confusing, I eat auto attacks in lane all the time

now if you're willing to blow cc on support, then good luck with that

zkylon

zkylewd
Man new Annie is really fun, the change to her W just made her completely awesome.

Also I have to stop playing with my brother's 15 year old friend because he's fucking my victories up. It's just no fun playing with dead weight and the guy hasn't learned a thing since he started playing...
he also got to level 30, bought two cheap champions and started playing ranked...... ughhhhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom