• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

I'd just rather spend the time gaining support with waifus.

In league related discussion, I haven't even seen Quinn's skills and I already want her day one. I think their new model is working pretty well.

I can't wait to play her in top lane.

Rokal

So then I finally thought I could go online... which maybe wasn't a good idea. Ppl in the chat are telling me to go top, asking if "I'm bot," and telling me to signal more. I didn't know what any of this meant so I was just playing and hoping we won.

I'd recommend doing the advanced tutorial again and paying attention to all the messages the game gives you. It goes over stuff like lane names, jungle buffs, last-hitting, etc.

I really don't understand how to play adc in solo queue. It's as though I have to absolutely dominate the lane to have an impact, because there is natural lack of coordination in solo queue, and no one will protect me once we're grouped.

y2dvd

Nooooooo streak broken. I tell team to cover choke points. They don't do it. They face check a few seconds before minions spawns. Entire enemy team is camping in bush. WHAT DO YOU KNOW?! Olaf gets a ward placed top for him, sees enemy jungler coming, wants to be cute and stick around even after being warned, and gets ganked to death. He proceeds to stay top most game and never becomes a factor. Our jungler attempts to gank once, burns their flashes, they escape but sticks around. He leaves. Biggest mistake a jungler can do. If they burned their summoner burns and stick around, you gank again. So many simple things that should've been done but wasn't and it cost us the game.

Teams like this happens. -_-

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I really don't understand how to play adc in solo queue. It's as though I have to absolutely dominate the lane to have an impact, because there is natural lack of coordination in solo queue, and no one will protect me once we're grouped.
You say this like our group games are different. Maybe try playing Ezreal or something who is more independent?

You say this like our group games are different. Maybe try playing Ezreal or something who is more independent?
I know you're joking but it's absolutely different. We try to coordinate at the very least, and not play like it's free for all deathmatch, and we
, or most of us,
don't act like vengeful children when things don't go our way. That's a start. It allows me to play someone dependent on the team.

Who is more independent?

Ferrio

Banned
I know you're joking but it's absolutely different. We try to coordinate at the very least, and not play like it's free for all deathmatch, and we
, or most of us,
don't act like vengeful children when things don't go our way. That's a start. It allows me to play someone dependent on the team.

Who is more independent?

Anyone with a reliable escape or kiting I'd say.

"Going back, be careful"

2 seconds later.

"An ally has been slain"
Doesn't happen too often. =P

, or most of us,

Who is more independent?
I usually play either Graves or Draven for early game stomping. Having a competent support is what really matters though IMHO.

Ken

Boots of Swiftness, PD first, Brutalizer, BT (like 40 minutes into the game), and a Ruby Heart.

Best MF build if you want to go 0/10.

Rerolling is tough. I played with people who were playing their first game yesterday... Well, I was that bad too when i started but it still was painful to see our Garen be like 0/10 and other team's Garen 25/something...

Pretty much. Low ELO solo que you don't even need an ADC because you can win with horribly gimmicky shit like Panth bot lanes.

If you're not up at least 3 kills by 20 mins, it's gonna be rough.

zkylon

zkylewd
Don't play adc in solo queue, anyone can fill that role in low elo.

Blizzard

Banned
Best night of GAF games tonight. Game is fun as hell when we don't give a shit.
I tend to agree with this. The most fun games for me may be ones in which people are laughing, saying funny things, and/or trying team compositions like 5 tanks or 5 teleport.

I was wondering:

Are there truly champs that are better than other, or is it that due to fashion trends, some champs are been played more and therefore people have a better control over them?

Snowman

I was wondering:

Are there truly champs that are better than other, or is it that due to fashion trends, some champs are been played more and therefore people have a better control over them?

Bit of all the things you mentioned, some champions are definitely stronger than others, but trends definitely play a part too.

zkylon

zkylewd
I was wondering:

Hmm, kinda hard to answer. I mean, almost every champion has their uses and strenghts and weaknesses, but as a general rule it's safer to say, I dunno, Olaf's better than Fiora (sorry :p).

So yeah, there are overall stronger champions, but it's not like you can't make the lower tier champions work and it's not like having a higher tiered champion is a certified win.

vi
hecarim
xin zhao

all top tier

Thanks.

I think I'll try to get Xin then. I played him in free weeks before and it was quite enjoyable.

Hmm, kinda hard to answer. I mean, almost every champion has their uses and strenghts and weaknesses, but as a general rule it's safer to say, I dunno, Olaf's better than Fiora (sorry :p).

So yeah, there are overall stronger champions, but it's not like you can't make the lower tier champions work and it's not like having a higher tiered champion is a certified win.

Of course tier lists are only statistical, but since I need to learn new champs anyway it wouldn't hurt to start with "good" champs.

zkylon

zkylewd
Of course tier lists are only statistical, but since I need to learn new champs anyway it wouldn't hurt to start with "good" champs.
Well depends on the lane but here's a couple (some fill more than one role but I'm avoiding them as not to clog it too much):

Top: Elise, Kha'Zix, Olaf, Rumble, Shen, Nidalee
Jungler: Xin Zhao, Amumu, Lee Sin, Maokai
Mid: Anivia, Evelynn, Twisted Fate, Orianna, Katarina, edit: Ryze
Pewpewpewer: Ezreal, Miss Fortune, Caitlyn, Graves
Support: Sona, Lulu, Blitzcrank, Thresh, Taric

Some of these are easier to play than others, but overall they're all strong picks, though many of them can be countered.

Also I sense a slight nerf in Xin's future, so get him while he's hot.

That should give you at least a couple names to check out.

Well depends on the lane but here's a couple (some fill more than one role but I'm avoiding them as not to clog it too much):

Top: Elise, Kha'Zix, Olaf, Rumble, Shen, Nidalee
Jungler: Xin Zhao, Amumu, Lee Sin, Maokai
Mid: Anivia, Evelynn, Twisted Fate, Orianna, Katarina
Pewpewpewer: Ezreal, Miss Fortune, Caitlyn, Graves
Support: Sona, Lulu, Blitzcrank, Thresh, Taric

Some of these are easier to play than others, but overall they're all strong picks, though many of them can be countered.

Also I sense a slight nerf in Xin's future, so get him while he's hot.

That should give you at least a couple names to check out.

Thank you. I'll try to rush IP to get Shen/Xin + Sona/Taric, and I should have a safe base for picking.

Snowman

Man, I wish I could buy runes with RP, bought xin with IP without thinking the other day, and now i'm stuck saving up for MS quints because I wanna play hecarim :(

iH8tpnI.gif

Like a reverse Teleport Ashe.

Undefeated as Kassadin so far :p 4-4

I don't really find his W that useful so far.

I got a double kill with his ult and I didn't even know it hurt people lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom