• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Man I feel this last patch really fucked up my game. My FPS is dipping into the 50s, my screen froze once and a perfect gank turned into a double kill for the enemy Renekton, some spells sometimes don't go off, etc...

And I'm not one to blame lag but apparently a nation wide thing went on with my ISP and now I have 240 instead of 170 ping. It's noticeable.

Boken

Banned
Man I feel this last patch really fucked up my game. My FPS is dipping into the 50s, my screen froze once and a perfect gank turned into a double kill for the enemy Renekton, some spells sometimes don't go off, etc...

And I'm not one to blame lag but apparently a nation wide thing went on with my ISP and now I have 240 instead of 170 ping. It's noticeable.

Uh... are you from sydney?

I finally decided tomake a new account on EU as my ping in EU-west (where I was lvl 26) starts to be in the way of me progressing.

Summoner name: BriseFlots.
Hopefully I'l see some of you there. Be warned that I won't be good though, since the only character I can play is Sona. :(

Edit: The account won't be validated 'til this evening since I'm not at home right now.

brian!

news_136062028369.jpg

Get Cho. He is cheap as hell and good solo queue.

Here what you do: Buy boot and pots(2 health and 1 mana)

Go top. Farm.

Item order: Frozen Heart(get glacial shroud first), Rod of Ages(need the mana), upgrade boots, Aegis(if someone else building don"t, get Rhabadon's instead), Warmogs, Spirit Visage.

Get level 6. Spam ulti six time and ensure you get the last hit.

Go tank. And if die, repeat spam ulti. If not, buy and tank somemore.

What Cho's passive does is heal him for each unit killed by him. His Q knocks them sky high and slows them. His w is a nice ranged multi silence. E gives him true damage on autoattacks. His R deals true damage and if kills unit, gives him so much more additional health. He is based off AP as well. And more stacks/higher level R the bigger he is and all his moves scale with his size as well. So enemies are forced to target you and have a really hard time avoiding your attacks and killing you. Really good solo queue champion.

Go top. Farm.

Item order: Frozen Heart(get glacial shroud first), Rod of Ages(need the mana), upgrade boots, Aegis(if someone else building don"t, get Rhabadon's instead), Warmogs, Spirit Visage.

What Cho's passive does is heal him for each unit killed by him. His Q knocks them sky high and slows them. His w is a nice ranged multi silence. E gives him true damage on autoattacks. His R deals true damage and if kills unit, gives him so much more additional health. He is based off AP as well. And more stacks/higher level R the bigger he is and all his moves scale with his size as well. So enemies are forced to target you and have a really hard time avoiding your attacks and killing you. Really good solo queue champion.

Thank you I'll try that. I have him on my EU account but i couldn'T play it well.

And then I realized that if I can't be carry, it might be because I have 300 ping. Should be easier for me in NA.

Leezard

Go top. Farm.

The E is not true damage, it's magic damage.

Feature

Banned
The rupture animation for cho is far wider than the actual width for it to knock up people. Same for his silence. Annoying as hell when playing him imo.

I personally prefer bruiser Cho. AoE full procs of Liandry too stronk. He doesn't really need mana, and Frozen Heart should be more than enough.
- Merc/Sorc/Mobility
- Wits End
- Frozen Heart
- Rylai
- Liandry
- Bulwark/Visage/Shurelya

Then again you can build anything because he's Cho.

I don't want to pay for a free to play. It's an absolute principle of mine. But I understood that the general consensus on the question is different on this topic. Anyway, I'm not in a hurry.

I find that strange. Do you not want to support the developers of the game? I believe that if you're enjoying the game they provide for free that it's worth supporting. Plus you'll get more enjoyment out of it with a wider and more varied champion pool.

I can understand not paying for Pay2Win crap, I'm the same, but I'll gladly support Riot considering how much enjoyment (and anger) I've gotten out if this game.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm trying to think hard what to do against Kassadin. I ward both sides so I can announce his ganks and push him but I simply cannot be in the lane if he is because I'll end up dead or forced to base, depending if I bought MR/health. I haven't ever ran into him in ranked but I dunno what to do to win the lane, other than getting my jungler camp mid pre-6, buying defensive shit and punishing his roaming by taking his tower.

Also, who to pick...

I got these mids: Ahri, Akali, Anivia, Annie, Cho'Gath, Diana, Katarina, Kayle, LeBlanc (LOL) Lux, Morgana, Pantheon, Orianna, Vlad.

I'm guessing I should pick Cho or Morg and just play safe, or just make him hate his life with Lux early game and just play super safe 6+ (maybe do RoA or something).

The rupture animation for cho is far wider than the actual width for it to knock up people. Same for his silence. Annoying as hell when playing him imo.
Not so much on his W, but definitely on his Q. You wouldn't believe how many people escaped my stomach because of it.

I find that strange. Do you not want to support the developers of the game? I believe that if you're enjoying the game they provide for free that it's worth supporting. Plus you'll get more enjoyment out of it with a wider and more varied champion pool.

I can understand not paying for Pay2Win crap, I'm the same, but I'll gladly support Riot considering how much enjoyment (and anger) I've gotten out if this game.
I like playing Barbies with my champions

I personally prefer bruiser Cho. AoE full procs of Liandry too stronk. He doesn't really need mana, and Frozen Heart should be more than enough.
- Merc/Sorc/Mobility
- Wits End
- Frozen Heart
- Rylai
- Liandry
- Bulwark/Visage/Shurelya

Then again you can build anything because he's Cho.
I usually go mostly AP bruiser RoA, Abyssal, Zhonya's, Frozen Fist (I think it applies on his E but I buy it mostly because it's really too fucking good not to :p). I stick a Giant Belt somewhere as to be a bit tankier.

Pretty much the same I'm doing with Diana these days, though I go Haunting Guise (and a couple doran's if needed) instead of RoA with her.

Feature

Banned
Someone have any tips on how to play Malphite? He seems super strong and every time I'm up against him I get owned. When I play him I'm out of mana in 2 seconds but it seems other people can spam their Q all the time :( . What runes / masteries do I need to run for an ownage malphite?

zkylon

zkylewd
Someone have any tips on how to play Malphite? He seems super strong and every time I'm up against him I get owned. When I play him I'm out of mana in 2 seconds but it seems other people can spam their Q all the time :( . What runes / masteries do I need to run for an ownage malphite?
Owned, as he kills you in lane? That's pretty weird. His Q drains tons of mana if he uses it to harass, and I can't think of a favorable matchup for him. He's a late game beast, though, if you let him farm and build tanky, since he'll singlehandedly turn teamfights around, so just punish every last hit and don't ever let him get his passive up.

I personally run him 0 21 9 with tons of armor and health runes (I just bought armor reds so I can use mana regen yellows) and build tons of armor: Randuins, Frozen Heart, maybe Abyssal, etc.

I used to get him a Philo Stone but I dunno anymore...

Boken

Banned
I'm trying to think hard what to do against Kassadin. I ward both sides so I can announce his ganks and push him but I simply cannot be in the lane if he is because I'll end up dead or forced to base, depending if I bought MR/health. I haven't ever ran into him in ranked but I dunno what to do to win the lane, other than getting my jungler camp mid pre-6, buying defensive shit and punishing his roaming by taking his tower.

Also, who to pick...

I got these mids: Ahri, Akali, Anivia, Annie, Cho'Gath, Diana, Katarina, Kayle, LeBlanc (LOL) Lux, Morgana, Pantheon, Orianna, Vlad.

I'm guessing I should pick Cho or Morg and just play safe, or just make him hate his life with Lux early game and just play super safe 6+ (maybe do RoA or something).
Almost everything poops on Kassadin early (cept Karthus). From your list the best ones are - Pantheon, Chogath, Morgana, Diana, Lux, Ahri
Dont build ROA to play safe, build chalice. It really cuts his damage and lets you push him to tower constantly

Try chalice or build glacial shroud? A doran's ring isnt too bad either

zkylon

zkylewd
Almost everything poops on Kassadin early (cept Karthus). From your list the best ones are - Pantheon, Chogath, Morgana, Diana, Lux, Ahri
Dont build ROA to play safe, build chalice. It really cuts his damage and lets you push him to tower constantly
I should also do Merc Treads to counter his silence. Forget about my usual glass cannon builds and just counter build him and turn into farming mode.

Or play Morgana and bore him to death :D

Just bought Kassadin

Just noticed he was free this week.

I really don't want to waste a refund ;_;
Don't, you have like 3 months to refund him if you don't like him and it's a waste to spend a refund on 3150.

Just do like me and let your champions gather dust (looking at you Vladimir).

Also I think I've gotten to the point no free week ever excites me anymore. That's kinda sad, though I'll take the chance to play Fiora again, and maybe try Twitch.

AdventChild

Neo Member
Im level 17, i love playing Pantheon (vs Bots), BUT, yesterday night i began playing in "mid dificulty (or intermediate)" and bot facked me. How can they build so powerfull items with low minions/champions kills?? omg...

Im not able to farm/lasthit. ¿Any tips with the items to buy? I usually go 75% tank/hp, 25% damage. Playing solo mid or top.

I think that my biggest error its the farming, im always the last one on minion kills.

SORRY for my english, im spanish.

zkylon

zkylewd
Im level 17, i love playing Pantheon (vs Bots), BUT, yesterday night i began playing in "mid dificulty (or intermediate)" and bot facked me. How can they build so powerfull items with low minions/champions kills?? omg...

Im not able to farm/lasthit. ¿Any tips with the items to buy? I usually go 75% tank/hp, 25% damage. Playing solo mid or top.

I think that my biggest error its the farming, im always the last one on minion kills.

SORRY for my english, im spanish.
Bots get items as time passes, their cs doesn't matter.

And you shouldn't play bots anyways, they'll teach you tons of bad habits.

With Panth you should probably go Brutalizer, Bloodthirster, then upgrade Brutalizer into Black Cleaver, and just get Warmog's/Last Whisper for tankyness/damage depending on what you want.

De nada, amigo :)

zkylon

zkylewd
I played normal 3 times and its easier than mid bots xDD

Bad habits like...? Thanks u for the tips
Stuff like champion picks (people do whatever they want against bots, against players you should try to have at least some sort of strategy, though at level 17 it's not really gonna happen often), map awareness, warding, dragon/baron, how to shut down a lane, how to snowball a lane, counterganking, etc. You're not guaranteed to learn all of that by playing against people but slowly you'll start picking up on this sort of stuff. Bots teach you not to care about all of that and you'll find yourself being destroyed not knowing why.

Even if it's not always easier (because people are better at the game than bots or because they're fucking douchebags), you'll learn ten times as much.

Just played a team that was

Olaf - Jungle
Darius - Support
Jayce - ADC
Garen - Top
Lux - Mid

Told everyone to buy armor and they didn't want to until they noticed we were getting bopped

we won because it was troll vs troll

AdventChild

Neo Member
Stuff like champion picks (people do whatever they want against bots, against players you should try to have at least some sort of strategy, though at level 17 it's not really gonna happen often), map awareness, warding, dragon/baron, how to shut down a lane, how to snowball a lane, counterganking, etc. You're not guaranteed to learn all of that by playing against people but slowly you'll start picking up on this sort of stuff. Bots teach you not to care about all of that and you'll find yourself being destroyed not knowing why.

Even if it's not always easier (because people are better at the game than bots or because they're fucking douchebags), you'll learn ten times as much.

Checked.

zkylon

zkylewd
Just played a team that was

Olaf - Jungle
Darius - Support
Jayce - ADC
Garen - Top
Lux - Mid

Told everyone to buy armor and they didn't want to until they noticed we were getting bopped

we won because it was troll vs troll
Huh? That's not a troll team, 3 outta those 5 are traditional picks and the other two (Jayce and Darius) are unconventional, I guess, but I've seen people make those work more than once.

Also proof that you can go support, build full AP, carry the whole fucking team and still buy wards (sold my Philo Stone after the match was pretty much over to buy more damage :p):

i9todorvnUrtf.png

Q8D3vil

How do you lane against Yorick and Elise top?
Yorick: Chogath.

Elise: no way to counter her directly but taking mass potions with gap closers (irelia, jarvan and jayce) help a lot especially when you hit lvl 6 you can outrade her if you have ultimate.

I feel that if you have the right rune pages you can never lose lane unless you are getting super hard countered.

Macattk15

How do you lane against Yorick and Elise top?

I've been handling Elise as Kayle pretty well lately.

It's rough for the first few levels ... but once you have a few levels of Q .. you can harass her harder than she can you.

Kayle can be such a lane bully.

Blizzard

Banned
I want free week to apply to ranked

make it happen nome
I don't remember when you started playing so maybe you're joking, but free week used to apply to ranked. Removing it was a smart decision Riot made...though people still play champions for the first time in ranked so it only helps a bit.

Regarding top lane, I was in a game with Cho vs Yorick top. Most exciting lane ever, aside from something including Nasus. Cho had like 60 more CS though.

scy

I've been handling Elise as Kayle pretty well lately.

It's rough for the first few levels ... but once you have a few levels of Q .. you can harass her harder than she can you.

Kayle can be such a lane bully.

Anything with self-sustain is now pretty good vs Elise (or others with a good 1-3). It's too expensive for her to spam Q so she has to wait a few levels before getting to her dominance. It's still an annoying lane in general but not as soul-crushing as it was before.

Unfortunately ;_;

I want a shooty birdy kicky girl.

That Teemo hates, but Garen hates more. Which I guess means she has some kind of bush vision related skill (and/or passive).

well I have fallen back into playing Janna almost all the time. Alister and Nunu are great for a laugh and Lulu is a great support but I just find Janna the most interesting. With the right set up I can go all out utility or my prefered choice is a mix of utility and AP. This way I have a couple of items to help out the team in chases / escape, I have knock up, slow and because of the AP I have a half decent damage for those times its needed, a shield that is actually useful and an ult that actually becomes a pretty good heal. So after a heavy team fight at there bases door you can heal up your whole team ready for when they all respawn.

I just find her the most fun to play I guess. Lulu is great and fun as well but I find I need a decent team to really benefit her. She is more about buffing a team (the initiator in particular) that engages and works as a team (bar her poly which is great for screwing over assassins / melee carries) while Janna is a much more disruptive force and more useful in smaller engagements as well as the big team fights. Not to mention she is really fast which is always fun (and great for warding).

Neki

I don't remember when you started playing so maybe you're joking, but free week used to apply to ranked. Removing it was a smart decision Riot made...though people still play champions for the first time in ranked so it only helps a bit.

Regarding top lane, I was in a game with Cho vs Yorick top. Most exciting lane ever, aside from something including Nasus. Cho had like 60 more CS though.

well now I just have to buy a champ before I play it for the first time in ranked

guess riot wants that $$$$

Boken

Banned
I just got carried by a mid teemo.

The game looked bleak too. Top was a person who just hit plat and decided that because he couldnt drop any more, he will just play anything and do anything he wants. Mid teemo was feeding fizz. We had lost all our outer towers.... but then as their attempts to gank us in our jungle was thwarted by OP warding by the support and their dives slowed by teemo shrooms, we started to come back. That moment when you can trust the people in your solo queue game - that moment when you put your life in the hands of a stranger, that's when you conquer solo queue.

garath

well now I just have to buy a champ before I play it for the first time in ranked

guess riot wants that $$$$

The idea is not to play a champ for the first time in ranked....... Would you want to play with a teammate who is trying a champ for the first time in ranked??

Play it in normals.

BTW, this was not Riot. This was a huge campaign of players asking for it.

That Teemo hates, but Garen hates more. Which I guess means she has some kind of bush vision related skill (and/or passive).

After looking at some descriptions I figured her ultimate was some sort of "send bird into air, grant vision and divebomb someone". Kind of like a shen or TF ult. I find it a little hard to believe they'd actually introduce another global ult but it's a theory. Or it could be another hawkshot type of skill - send bird out for vision, mark enemies it discovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom