• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Quinn's ult sounds really weird. I mean she doesn't get any extra armor or anything and a 1.5k health melee champion is a delicious proposition for enemy bruisers. Sounds to me like it'll be pretty useless on teamfights.

As otherwise covered, it's more a chasing tool or a reposition (since, movement and all). Alternatively, an escape on an absurdly long cooldown (so please don't use it to escape ;_;). Her E is a little awkward for wall jumps too.

I'm more interested in what this means on a more bruiser-y Quinn build. New BotRK, League of Beltsssssss, etc.

scy knows math and shit so you know that if he says it's good it HAS to be truth

:lol

yes

kayos has anger problems and needs to deal with it

I agree. There's other ways, however.

Doesn't seem that boring to me, just a bit too purply. Riot really loves purple.

It tastes amazing.

Yeah, figured as much, I was just wishing she wasn't gonna be so much of an autoattacker.

But ... ADCs ARE autoattackers!

why I'm playing her top lane, gg

bjaelke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gyEvPptRcSE#t=26s

It appears Quinn does have an escape ability that lets her bypass terrain. Wont be easy to pull it off during a chase, but it's definitely possible.

Been playing her a lot on the pbe today. Really liking her kit and her dueling capabilities. Can't comment too much on her team fighting presence.
Add maybe an hour until I get to pick Quinn.

1) Join Custom Game

2) Select "Quinn Test 1v1"

3) ???

4) Profit

zkylon

zkylewd
As otherwise covered, it's more a chasing tool or a reposition (since, movement and all). Alternatively, an escape on an absurdly long cooldown (so please don't use it to escape ;_;). Her E is a little awkward for wall jumps too.

I'm more interested in what this means on a more bruiser-y Quinn build. New BotRK, League of Beltsssssss, etc.
If her ults turns out to be another one like Rengar's I WAS GANKED NOT ANYMOREEEEE SUCKERS then I'm gonna be mad.

It tastes amazing.
Gross

But ... ADCs ARE autoattackers!

why I'm playing her top lane, gg
Fuck the meta, bro, with Graves I just EQR GG MAN

Also why not a single ability of hers scales off AP? What is she Zed?

Macattk15

I've beaten Katarina as Brand before.

Brand 21 7.6/game 3.8/game 7.2/game 193.6/game

I have pretty good stats with Brand. Whenever I get a bruiser or something like Kat / Talon / Akali mid against him I just max his "E" first and put it on them as soon as they get close.

Boken

Banned
Yeah, brand should shit on kat so hard pre-6. His harass with E is incredible + his amazing AA animation. Kats part is easier to play than brand (since he has to hit his Q on a sped up kat during trades), but i give the matchup to brand personally.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It was just that one game because I never had a ranked game like that before. That said, I would really like it if that chat post was removed. Seriously.

Ken

It was just that one game because I never had a ranked game like that before. That said, I would really like it if that chat post was removed. Seriously.

But you get mad in normals all the time just like that.

If you're embarrassed seeing someone repost it, maybe you should show some restraint on what you put out there.

kayos90

But you get mad in normals all the time just like that.

If you're embarrassed seeing someone repost it, maybe you should show some restraint on what you put out there.

I get excited and competitive. That's all. It's really hard for me to get mad. Also, I'll explicitly state if I'm mad when I'm made. I thought I already clarified this.

mercviper

I get excited and competitive. That's all. It's really hard for me to get mad. Also, I'll explicitly state if I'm mad when I'm made. I thought I already clarified this.

Your 'excited and competitive nature' comes off as mad/angry and you just can't see that. Still though, posting the conversation here is really unnecessary and uncalled for.

Ken

Competitive = blame everyone.

Okay.

Telaso: no one can be this mad over a video game
Telaso: can they?
kayos90: no
kayos90: i
kayos90: i'm not
YLA Rex: omg its no name
kayos90: i'm fucking angry
kayos90: 10 dodges in a row

The feel of excited and competitive.

kayos90

Your 'excited and competitive nature' comes off as mad/angry and you just can't see that. Still though, posting the conversation here is really unnecessary and uncalled for.

No I see that. I'm not saying it doesn't across that way. I'm just correcting it. You guys are saying I'm not angry when I'm really not.

Competitive = blame everyone.

Okay.

You're really not helping and no I do not blame everyone.

scy

It's similar with my sarcasm and otherwise seriousness. It comes across as pretty condescending and generally as an ass.

Granted, I am a condescending asshole so it works out but still.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's similar with my sarcasm and otherwise seriousness. It comes across as pretty condescending and generally as an ass.

Granted, I am a condescending asshole so it works out but still.
The problem is that the universe for some reason decided to create House, MD and now it's hip to be a condescending asshole.

Ferrio

Banned
We should assemble a gaf inhouse.

The purpose of it... to make one team composed of the least likely to work well together.

-Kayos
-Scy
-Soda Cop
-????
-Summons (As the fuse)

We might need another fuse.... though.. since it's statistically a good team...

mercviper

The feel of excited and competitive.
That's out of context and I think in response to 10 q dodges.

Also by definition:
www.merriam-webster.com said:
Definition of MAD

1: disordered in mind : insane
2a : completely unrestrained by reason and judgment <driven mad by the pain>
b : incapable of being explained or accounted for <a mad decision>
3: carried away by intense anger : furious <mad about the delay>
4: carried away by enthusiasm or desire <mad about horses>
5: affected with rabies : rabid
6: marked by wild gaiety and merriment : hilarious
7: intensely excited : frantic

I think those apply as correct uses of the word.

Being competitive about this game also ties in with being mad by implication that if you're competitive then you care about it and if you care about it you'll get slightly angry when things go sour. It moves into 'mad' territory when you can't keep the blame game comments to yourself. And then we can apply definition 3.

Neki

I had 10 dodges in a row, summonsintrouble mid and soda cop jungle yesterday

was I mad? for like a day

but today is a new day of throws

gotta wipe the slate clean

scy

The problem is that the universe for some reason decided to create House, MD and now it's hip to be a condescending asshole.

I was an asshole long before it was c--oh, fuck, this how hipsters start, isn't it?

Well, guess I'm done here.

I had 10 dodges in a row, summonsintrouble mid and soda cop jungle yesterday

was I mad? for like a day

but today is a new day of throws

gotta wipe the slate clean

Time for me to jungle.

Ken

You're really not helping and no I do not blame everyone.

kayos90: so unbelievably bad
kayos90: no
kayos90: we did fine bot
kayos90: and maokai is a moron
kayos90: and brand fucking terrible
kayos90: what am i supposed to do if graves is fed
kayos90: top and mid
kayos90: so fucking terrible
kayos90: so fucking annoying
kayos90: my entire team was bad
kayos90: support didn't trade
kayos90: at all
kayos90: just stood with full health until i was gone
kayos90: then got blasted
kayos90: then usless by the time i came back
kayos90: *sigh*
kayos90: fucking horrible
kayos90: next time if i'm first pick i'm taking mid
kayos90: i don't give a fuck
kayos90: horrible players
kayos90: can't carry with shit supports and bad supports

"Mid bad. Top bad. Jungle bad.

Bot did fine though but support was bad so by bot I mean only I did fine."

Inskipp

Tried out Quinn in PBE. Her kit feels like a mix of Graves and Vayne, which is kind of awesome. I really like her W ability, so much utility tied into that thing.

Her ult feels kinda too strong though. So much AoE damage, and so easy close in to unleash it.

kayos90

"Mid bad. Top bad. Jungle bad.

Bot did fine though but support was bad so by bot I mean only I did fine."

I was not talking about that game specifically when talking about supports. Can you just stop? You're really taking things out of context.

Ken

I was not talking about that game specifically. Can you really just stop. You're really taking things out of context.

What. I remember one of my earliest games with you. It was you and some other Gaffer(s) we got from the chat room whose name I can't remember. We decide to invade and Gaffer misses a Blitz hook and you explode at him.

Or that time Rex (I think) gave the Swain you were laning against double buff early on and you kept telling everyone about it through the entire game and well after that.

bjaelke

Does anyone know if the new replay system takes up noteworthy computer resources while recording the matches? I've only played custom matches and it appears it wont record that kind - at least for now.

zkylon

zkylewd
Does anyone know if the new replay system takes up noteworthy computer resources while recording the matches? I've only played custom matches and it appears it wont record that kind - at least for now.
Not likely, it's not capturing video so it won't hog your videocard.

brian!

Bindww (2:00): I am hungry
Bindww (2:00): and want a sandwich
xcloser (2:01): someone feed bind
Pastrami Reuben (2:02): don't look at me

kayos90

What. I remember one of my earliest games with you. It was you and some other Gaffer(s) we got from the chat room whose name I can't remember. We decide to invade and Gaffer misses a Blitz hook and you explode at him.

Or that time Rex (I think) gave the Swain you were laning against double buff early on and you kept telling everyone about it through the entire game and well after that.

I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish. Now I feel like you're just picking on me.

kayos90

You're an angry person and that's why some people don't like playing with you.

Can you just stop. What you're saying and is completely irrelevant to what this discussion was about. Now you're just coming off as an obnoxious ass.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm more worried about my old AMD pcu. It's already taking a beating as it is. I'm forced to run Skype on my phone if I wish to enable voice chat while playing.
Actually, now that I think about it, the replays are stored on Riot's servers until you watch them and only then they are transferred to your hard drive, so it should have literally zero performance effect.

scy

I find it amusing that it's this big of a deal on kayos raging out about Ranked when Corgi would have multiple posts every day about bad teams that he'd blame them all for.

bjaelke

Actually, now that I think about it, the replays are stored on Riot's servers until you watch them and only then they are transferred to your hard drive, so it should have literally zero performance effect.

Well if that's the case then I'm one happy yordlebear. Time to show the world my support Volibear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom