• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Akali can become a monster in games. She's just not that safe in lane so she can be punished and shut down.

But ... low levels and randoms kind of suffer from her. Pubstomping is one of her specialties.

zkylon

zkylewd
She's a snowballer that requires skill, pretty good against noobs that don't know how to counter her but unless she's terribly fed you just buy a pink ward and shove it up her shroud and just make her life miserable pre-6.

She's a lot of fun, I'll give her that, and next patch will be very kind to her.

Ken

She's a snowballer that requires skill, pretty good against noobs that don't know how to counter her but unless she's terribly fed you just buy a pink ward and shove it up her shroud and just make her life miserable pre-6.

She's a lot of fun, I'll give her that, and next patch will be very kind to her.

pffffft

Telaso

Banned
If they're not pushing the tower... why does your jungler lose farm protecting it...when it doesn't need protecting?

If your tower is not at risk, feel free to roam and cause their jungler to have to defend lanes to compensate.

Yes thank you Scy. At work and I was being pulled away as I finished typing that out, proof reading is gud.

I seriously hate when a mid lane comes to gank, stands around for over a minute while their tower gets pushed. They get their tower down low for easier take down later, and loses out on farm. If it doesnt look like the gank is going to happen in the first 15 seconds of you being down there, then please god back to your lane because all you are doing is encouraging their jungler to come down to prevent the gank.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Akali can become a monster in games. She's just not that safe in lane so she can be punished and shut down.

But ... low levels and randoms kind of suffer from her. Pubstomping is one of her specialties.

"Pink ward? What's that?"

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I love this client.

1tV0WxL.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Veigar adc... you can make this shit up... and it seems like a thing out of Corgi's nightmares...

(I love how he got double PD but didn't sell his boots)

For some reason the Veigar dude completely dominated the lane and got super fed but from mid game on he just constantly went strolling down bot pushing with no vision and got killed repeatedly. Still won because they sucked harder, I guess.

Playing with this seth190 dude is like elo hell all day long, jesus.

Do you believe in me GAF?

ETsZBx0.png
Ward your way to victory, kaks.

bjaelke

Support Saturday has begun. So far I'm 3 for 3 with Sona, Zyra and Janna. I doubt I'll ever get to play Blitzcrank, but then I'll just have to play support Nautilus.

bjaelke

Celestine Soraka
Hey all,

We're now testing out some changes to the League System that will potentially be shipping to the live servers shortly:

* Increased the requirements for being demoted so that demotions will happen less frequently
* Increased the length of the demotion immunity grace period that occurs after being placed in a new division
* Players and teams that are demoted will now have 75 LP in the new division rather than 50
* Tweaked LP gains and losses for players and teams in Division I who haven't passed the additional checks to qualify for the next tier
*** LP changes from both wins and losses will now be reduced in this situation, rather than just wins
*** Reductions in LP changes will now kick in earlier and more gradually rather than only starting near 100 LP
* "Loss forgiven" will now prevent series losses as well as demotions
* Summoner name changes are now properly handled by the league system
* Fixed a bug that could occasionally cause players to gain more LP than expected in Challenger tier

Let us know if you find any weird behavior!
Given EUW's recent behaviour I'd say this is a welcomed addition.

Corgi the Chloe (9:37): adc is painful
Corgi the Chloe (9:37): when you get ap fiddlesticks as "support"

I've been that guy lately. >.> But I'm four wins in four games as support Fiddlesticks this week. Helps if you're duo with the AD, but I babysat a somewhat unsuccessful Twitch I didn't know to victory the other night. Feels so good saving teammates with his incredible three-second fears under tower. I don't build purely AP, but a Kage's Lucky Pick is helpful in both ways if you're losing lane. Then, if we get fed, some AP makes all my stuff more helpful. I always go for Sightstone early, though. So I suppose I am building supporty-ish.

Been playing GP top with my friend Jarvan jungle, so good. Such plays to be made if you don't screw it up.

falastini

* Spirit of Dread (W) heal from damage flattened to 20% at all ranks from 10-30%
* Rampage (Q) base damage increased slightly at all ranks.

Hecarim is a character who is entirely dependent on levels for his major game advantage - The terrific power of his 'W' sustain once he actually gets the levels to fuel it.

This also leads to his major weakness - in that when he falls behind, he tends to be terrible at almost all ranks. We're essentially flattening this 'W' curve out a bit better such that Hecarim has a more consistent performance. Hecarim is already fairly intensive to play from a mechanics perspective with a lot of subtle nuances in successful 'E' and 'R' positioning so the added level pressure seems superflous a lot of the time.
D:

I knew this was going to happen once Saintvicious started playing him a lot, and I started seeing him more in games. I only got to enjoy him for like 2 weeks. Ah well... maybe the changes will help his early game.

bjaelke

They come up with some weird changes from time to time. Taric is another example. Now he's turning into a top lane bruiser* thanks to his new passive.

*A terrible one.

Edit: Several people running jungle Taric on the PBE.

Q8D3vil

- ezrael who got ahead and bought last whisper to counter enemy leona.
- Akali started with doran sword against diana.
-Pantheon who lost top after being 4 levels ahead because of afk singed early

Had 13-3 advantage and lost, told them to delete the game and start playing something else.

Just played a game where the enemy team had a Diana, Trynd, Teemo, Varus and Lulu.

My team kept focusing Lulu.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

My losing streak never ends. At this rate I'll enter negative W/L. I had a pretty swell game as Blitz, got my Ez fed though their Vayne was getting fed too. I don't know what's worse:
- Sion getting T1 boots after his Wriggle, BT and PD, and he wasn't even rich.
- Ezreal overestimating his power
- Teemo rushing Zerk, Malady and Hurricane.

Dunno why I'm not playing PoE instead.

Tryndamere. I haven't seen him in many games for a while now. Is he still viable?
AP Tryn is kinda getting traction but not really. His got buffed but it's not what he needed.

What a great game I just had. We were losing all lanes, game was looking pretty grim and then we grouped mid and it all just clicked, and even though we were outfarmed and down by ten kills we pushed up mid taking two towers. As lux I was hitting my snares, Thresh was following up with the hooks, draven and nid focus firing while olaf ran around crazy like olaf does, shields flying from me and thresh, and they just couldn't do anything to us. What a nice comeback win that was.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I need to work on my Annie range. It's just.... so bad. Same with Ryze. I wish there was another mid champion as fun as ahri....

zkylon

zkylewd
Corgi the Chloe (9:37): adc is painful
Corgi the Chloe (9:37): when you get ap fiddlesticks as "support"
I used to run Graves+AP Fiddle bot to great effect with a friend (though Fiddle used to get all the kills with his ult lol), so it's not that bad.

As long as wards are being bought.

Celestine Soraka

Given EUW's recent behaviour I'd say this is a welcomed addition.
Sounds pretty good, the current system feels like too big a mountain to climb sometimes.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yeah really. Just because a champ is strong doesn't mean you have to nerf them.
They discuss exactly why they are going to do it. It's been obvious for a long time that Hecarim has awkward scaling and the healing bonus he has lategame is kind of broken. His early game is really not that great though. Now they even out the curve, give him a better early game and make his late game a little less powerful.

Even pro players were saying in interviews recently that his W was broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom