• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercviper

I find it amusing that it's this big of a deal on kayos raging out about Ranked when Corgi would have multiple posts every day about bad teams that he'd blame them all for.

I think the difference is Corgi doesn't talk so we can't feel the heat.

edit: Closer's assessment is also how it feels to me too lol.

Neki

why do I let people jungle

I want to practice my 2-6 VI

you guys told me she was op

I'm not seeeeeeeeing it

should have just bought ziggs

ziggs or thresh guys

brian!

why do I let people jungle

I want to practice my 2-6 VI

you guys told me she was op

I'm not seeeeeeeeing it

should have just bought ziggs

ziggs or thresh guys

neki you are falling into the ranked trap that I fell in
and that is playing champs where you don't know whats going on

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I just play champs that I know I can do well with. Like Akali. Plus she owns a lot of mids even if I first pick her. I'm still rusty as crap with her. Nowhere near as I was a year ago with her...

Ferrio

Banned
So I've started throwing up people streaming LoL at night before bed when I'm bored. I was watching PhantomLord last night.... and what a fucking egotistical dickhead. The TF on his team was carrying them and he was making fun of the guy the whole time. Won't be adding to that shit head's viewership again.

Ferrio

Banned
PL is good fun, you just don't take him seriously or you'll get upset

It's not even good fun. Half the match was him doing a really bad stereotypical Chinese accent to make fun of the TF, while playing horribly himself. Got old quick.

brian!

So I've started throwing up people streaming LoL at night before bed when I'm bored. I was watching PhantomLord last night.... and what a fucking egotistical dickhead. The TF on his team was carrying them and he was making fun of the guy the whole time. Won't be adding to that shit head's viewership again.

ferrio gave PhantomLord 1 out of 5 stars
Was this review....? (Useful) (Funny) (Cool)

Telaso

Banned
Edited the post, but I see i've clearly made my point :)

And I like watching PL. He does the weird stuff on purpose for attention, just like ummm everyone else on the planet does. F1 Karthus, and him barking at the Nasus is hilarious.

I find it amusing that it's this big of a deal on kayos raging out about Ranked when Corgi would have multiple posts every day about bad teams that he'd blame them all for.

Ken - Look at these silly people. Here's a funny picture!

Kayos - WITH THE FIRE OF A THOUSAND SUNNNNNNSSSSSS

Ken

Ken - Look at these silly people. Here's a funny picture!

I'm 100% certain that I've played the blame game a ton so scy's not wrong. It's hard to feel completely detached when 40 minutes of game time is thrown out the window because the ADC doesn't know how to build damage, or Karma top was a dumb idea, but it's something I suppose I should avoid from now on.

LuuKyK

t_t

I definitely cant play mid. What exactly do I have to focus on doing? Be more careful than usual?

(I started playing last week, sorry for the dumb questions :X)

zkylon

zkylewd
t_t

I definitely cant play mid. What exactly do I have to focus on doing? Be more careful than usual?

* Farm farm farm
* Lookout for missing enemy top laners as to not get ganked
* Ward both sides of the river (the closest jungle entrances) as to not get ganked by enemy junglers and to warn other lanes if your mid's missing
* If you don't see the enemy mid for like a minute call your mias
* If you see the enemy mid go bot/top to gank warn your teammates, then either push the lane and hurt his tower or follow him. Usually following him for the countergank is the most profitable thing to do.
* Remember that at about 7 minutes you and the opposite mid laner should be getting blue buff, so you can make a move there.
* If you have blue buff kill your enemy laner.
* If you can't kill him, push the lane then go gank and kill someone else

I'm here all day :D

Ferrio

Banned
t_t

Roam Roam Roam.

If you're lane isn't being pushed, go cause havok in top or bottom.

Telaso

Banned
If I've learned anything from this game, its that do everything you can to not lose a tower in the first 10 minutes because it usually involves major snowballing.

Now if your lane opponent isnt going to take your tower super fast, then roam to your hearts content and make the jungler lose farm to go protect lanes.

Ferrio

Banned
If I've learned anything from this game, its that do everything you can to not lose a tower in the first 10 minutes because it usually involves major snowballing.

Now if your lane opponent isnt going to take your tower super fast, then roam to your hearts content and make the jungler lose farm to go protect lanes.

If they're not pushing the tower... why does your jungler lose farm protecting it...when it doesn't need protecting?

scy

I don't rage.

I politely explain my dissapointment with someone's horrifyingly stupid decision making process.

I was talking about the blame game aspect, not necessarily just the rage.

If they're not pushing the tower... why does your jungler lose farm protecting it...when it doesn't need protecting?

If your tower is not at risk, feel free to roam and cause their jungler to have to defend lanes to compensate.

Ferrio

Banned
I was talking about the blame game aspect, not necessarily just the rage.

If your tower is not at risk, feel free to roam and cause their jungler to have to defend lanes to compensate.

Did he mean their jungler? If so that makes more sense.

Either way, original point.. if your lane opponent is giving you free reign to roam.. do so.

Depends on your lane opponent's pushing ability IMO.

Maybe in gold or whatever, but generally in my elo (bronze/silver) everyone is a sheep, and wherever my opponent goes they come too. Then we kill them and take their tower.

Aaaaaahhhhhhhh why am I in this elo... I haven't played ranked since I got promoted. I should probably do that.

scy

Depends on your lane opponent's pushing ability IMO.

And your ability to actually gank. If your opponent can wave clear fast enough, the time spent walking to bot lane and back (not counting any time spent on the gank itself) is enough to be on the tower. Over roaming is really easy to punish.

Now, granted, solo queue means that the easy one of "MIA calls" and "wards" may not be there but ... it's still a risk vs reward situation.

zkylon

zkylewd
Easier yet, kill your lane opponent, go top, three man dive and get another kill.

Spam /laugh

But seriously if your jungler is half decent you won't ever lose your tower over roaming. And seriously how shit was your gank if you lost your tower over it. You go, CC someone and you burst him. If you're sitting in a brush for a full two minutes then you deserve your tower being taken :p

LuuKyK

Thanks for the help guys. I think I get it, but it all seems complicated for now, I will probably watch some more matches, read a bit more before trying it. The pressure is to much to fail mid and fuck your team. :S But yeah, its so easy to get killed with Lux under lv. 6 like you guys mentioned. God damn, is it frustrating. But her ult is great so it gets better. I just bought Akali though, and Im thinking she is a better character overall for me. Any tips for playing as her? I get her playstyle I think, to try and go for the characters with less life in a different lane or something. Can you also play mid as her?

zkylon

zkylewd
Thanks for the help guys. I think I get it, but it all seems complicated for now, I will probably watch some more matches, read a bit more before trying it. The pressure is to much to fail mid and fuck your team. :S But yeah, its so easy to get killed with Lux under lv. 6 like you guys mentioned. God damn, is it frustrating. But her ult is great so it gets better. I just bought Akali though, and Im thinking she is a better character overall for me. Any tips for playing as her? I get her playstyle I think, to try and go for the characters with less life in a different lane or something. Can you also play mid as her?
Heh, sorry to say this but I think you'll do even worse as Akali. She has a pretty high skillcap, and she's not nearly as safe as Lux is, specially pre-6.

If you can't do everything I said in my post just focus on farming and not dying and just keeping your tower alive.

LuuKyK

Huh, really? I got 6 kills and 0 deaths in my second match with her. Were my opponents that bad? lmao

Heh, sorry to say this but I think you'll do even worse as Akali. She has a pretty high skillcap, and she's not nearly as safe as Lux is, specially pre-6.

If you can't do everything I said in my post just focus on farming and not dying and just keeping your tower alive.

AKALI IS OP AT LOW LEVEL GAMEZ
GET ALL DA MONEY AND KILLZ

help.gif

What kind of contradictory answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom