• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won my first jungle game as Jarvan :eek:

Now im in a troll game with an anivia that didnt get mid so shes setting walls in the worst situations to get us killed lol

team wont surrender either

zkylon

zkylewd
Nope.

Gold cart? Na, troll pole and hit you for 70% HP and then you bleed for the last 30%.
Worse yet, one time I right clicked as he was poling and accidentally hit a minion with my gold card.

Yeah...

So far I'm building him straight out of the guide, though I skipped Deathcap and got an early Void Staff and a Zhonya's. I'm liking doing that more and more lately, both items are awesome.

Someone check my maths/assumptions.
- Teemo Mushrooms deal damage and slows for 4 secs
- Liandry deals 6% (12% if slowed) damage over 3 seconds.
... - Liandry deals 2% (4%) damage per second.

Assumption:
- DoTs reset Liandry timer.

Liandry applies for 6 seconds (timer resets to 3 seconds for the 4th second of Mushroom DoT).
- Second 1: 4% (slow)
- Second 2: 4% (slow)
- Second 3: 4% (slow)
- Second 4: 4% (slow)
- Second 5: 2%
- Second 6: 2%

Does that mean a mushroom chops off 20% of your current HP in total with only Liandry in mind?

Kenai

I'm guessing:

"caw caw" (Knock knock)
"Who's there?"
"caw caw" (Garen)
"Garen who?"
"cawww" (Demacia!!)
"Yeah, I guess he does say that a lot."

Valor might be teasing Quinn about Jarvan.

Fiora I have no idea.

For some reason I thought the Jarvan joke had something to do with a hookup. Fiora was probably an insult.

Just played first game as TF.

We won, I went 9/7/12. He's difficult, but I felt myself getting better as I went on. Wasn't punishing the enemy Kassadin as much as I should have, but I got there in the end.

First few teleport ganks weren't great, but again I got there in the end.

Fun champ.

TF is a lot of fun. It can be a bit dodgy with the timing, but you can pick the card before you actually do the teleport to make sure you get it right.

My favourite part about his (relatively) recent visual rework is his new dance.

TF is a lot of fun. It can be a bit dodgy with the timing, but you can pick the card before you actually do the teleport to make sure you get it right.

Oh yeah, the card thing is fine, it's just knowing when to teleport so I'm not too early and get killed or too late and the teleport is wasted.

Also not missing my Q. Need to work on that :p

AD or AP TF?

I've had him forever, but never really played him.

AP. I think AD TF is too gimmicky. It's alright but their are better choices of ADCs.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
plz. it's like you guys don't even believe in the heart of the cards.

AD or AP TF?

I've had him forever, but never really played him.

AP. AD has been nerfed a lot in various ways. I was tempted to try him again by this video, but in general I end up with a Q that does nothing and average everything else.

Oh yeah, the card thing is fine, it's just knowing when to teleport so I'm not too early and get killed or too late and the teleport is wasted.

Also not missing my Q. Need to work on that :p

Hah, didn't mean to condescend. The Q is difficult to get, but after a while I found that people never expect the outer cards, so if you aim them at like 30deg one side of the person you want to hit, you're a lot more likely to land them.

plz. it's like you guys don't even believe in the heart of the cards.

Gotta admit that I mash W more than is strictly necessary as TF, even when I have lots of time to make sure I get the card I need. Muttering 'heart of the cards' all the time is also a must.

bjaelke

Before his model rework you could actually predict his next 'pick a card' without using the ability. So it was possible to preload the stun card forever instead of activating the ability.

Blizzard

Banned
Someone check my maths/assumptions.
- Teemo Mushrooms deal damage and slows for 4 secs
- Liandry deals 6% (12% if slowed) damage over 3 seconds.
... - Liandry deals 2% (4%) damage per second.

Assumption:
- DoTs reset Liandry timer.

Liandry applies for 6 seconds (timer resets to 3 seconds for the 4th second of Mushroom DoT).
- Second 1: 4% (slow)
- Second 2: 4% (slow)
- Second 3: 4% (slow)
- Second 4: 4% (slow)
- Second 5: 2%
- Second 6: 2%

Does that mean a mushroom chops off 20% of your current HP in total with only Liandry in mind?
Mushrooms used to do substantially more damage too, if I recall correctly. =( Riot didn't like AP Teemo.

Just had that happen to me lol.

Did terrible on my second match, but I get the feeling he wasn't made to fight Fizzes :p
Fizz is listed as the #1 voted counter against Twisted Fate on lolcounter, so yeah don't sweat it too much.

Love it when we start a team fight. I as Jarvan ults the ADC.

team focuses volibear
Did volibear dive your adc or AP carry, so your team was being forced to try to peel to keep them alive?

Definitely liking jungle Xin Zhao more than jungle Jarvan 4

Did volibear dive your adc or AP carry, so your team was being forced to try to peel to keep them alive?

Nah he had low health so they all chased him while he ran and they were getting attacked from the back

Einbroch

Banned
This game SERIOUSLY needs a leaver/disconnect system where if someone doesn't connect or leaves mid-game, and doesn't come back after a certain time, the game doesn't count.

Three ranked games in a row, two leavers and one person never connected.

It's crap.

Blizzard

Banned
This game SERIOUSLY needs a leaver/disconnect system where if someone doesn't connect or leaves mid-game, and doesn't come back after a certain time, the game doesn't count.

It's crap.
The theory is that if that were the case, everyone would harass one or more players who are not doing well in each losing game that they should leave, so that the game will not count.

In practice without that system, people supposedly get banned but I don't know how long the ban is for, and afk/disconnects seem to happen a lot. Not to mention sometimes Riot's client and/or servers get broken, and/or horrible lag happens.

It's crap.

one of those things they can copy from dota. a game is save to leave if someone quits and doesn't reconnects in a certain time period. i think you still lose the game though but you don't have to waste your time knowing you will lose anyway.

Einbroch

Banned
The theory is that if that were the case, everyone would harass one or more players who are not doing well in each losing game that they should leave, so that the game will not count.

In practice without that system, people supposedly get banned but I don't know how long the ban is for, and afk/disconnects seem to happen a lot. Not to mention sometimes Riot's client and/or servers get broken, and/or horrible lag happens.

Leave or disconnect from a ranked game for more than, say, 7 minutes? Losers lose only half (except the leaver) the LP and winners gain, say, 50%. Anyone can leave the game at any time and get said LP. That person cannot join a ranked queue for 72 hours. The leaver also is knocked down to 20 LP in their division.

That's enough of a deterrent to get leavers not to leave unless they're trolls, and makes it so I don't have to waste 30 minutes in a 4v5 and lose 25 LP. If someone never connects for 7 minutes at the beginning of the game, no one loses or gains anything, and anyone can leave.

zkylon

zkylewd
One problem I have with TF's Q is that the aiming thingie makes no sense. I mean, why can't it be like three arrows or something? I mean I hit it anyways but it doesn't help at all.

And what I said before about ult range showing in the map, that'd be very cool too.

Those things missing on TF feel like he's outdated. You can play him without them no problem but it'd sure be nice.

Ken

One problem I have with TF's Q is that the aiming thingie makes no sense. I mean, why can't it be like three arrows or something? I mean I hit it anyways but it doesn't help at all.

And what I said before about ult range showing in the map, that'd be very cool too.

Those things missing on TF feel like he's outdated. You can play him without them no problem but it'd sure be nice.

It's just one of those things you get used to. To be honest I only aim with the middle card; anything that gets hit by the side cards is a bonus.

Also the ult range map thing is the same thing with other champions with long range but non-global ults (like Nocturne).

LCGeek

formerly sane
AP. AD has been nerfed a lot in various ways. I was tempted to try him again by this video, but in general I end up with a Q that does nothing and average everything else.

So what your saying is you want to keep the damage of ap and have auto attacks akin to an adc, that's imbalanced and op as fuck. The point of AD tf from my experience when I get beat is to have decent skills to follow up a nasty auto attack burst. Seriously not hard to use ad tf stun, auto attack to death, then when they retreat burst them with spells and auto attack. No one with a few bars of health is going to outlive someone stunning 3 card, and 2 auto attacks all within about 1 or 2 seconds in that setup. With AP if they lack MR they are just did but once smoeone gets mr a lot of casters lose out. TF, LB, and annie all have decent auto attacks when you get rid of their weaknesses which is what those builds aim at.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Man after playing so much ranked, normals just feel like practice to me. I don't get nervous or anxious when queuing or playing anymore lol.

So what your saying is you want to keep the damage of ap and have auto attacks akin to an adc, that's imbalanced and op as fuck. The point of AD tf from my experience when I get beat is to have decent skills to follow up a nasty auto attack burst. Seriously not hard to use ad tf stun, auto attack to death, then when they retreat burst them with spells and auto attack. No one with a few bars of health is going to outlive someone stunning 3 card, and 2 auto attacks all within about 1 or 2 seconds in that setup. With AP if they lack MR they are just did but once smoeone gets mr a lot of casters lose out. TF, LB, and annie all have decent auto attacks when you get rid of their weaknesses which is what those builds aim at.

I absolutely do not want to keep the damage of AP and have AD-style autoattacks. That would be crazy overpowered. I just prefer to use AP on him because then, all his skills are useful, unlike AD TF where Q is pretty useless. That's all.

Agkel

Since I hit lv 24, I've constantly been pitted against teams full of 30's or at least 4 30's in the enemy team and if I'm lucky I get 1 maybe 2 level 30's in my team.

Any reason for this?

UncleBiz

Since I hit lv 24, I've constantly been pitted against teams full of 30's or at least 4 30's in the enemy team and if I'm lucky I get 1 maybe 2 level 30's in my team.

Any reason for this?

It means your hidden rating is at the same level as the 30s. Which means you're good for your level. :)

zkylon

zkylewd
It's just one of those things you get used to. To be honest I only aim with the middle card; anything that gets hit by the side cards is a bonus.

Also the ult range map thing is the same thing with other champions with long range but non-global ults (like Nocturne).
I aim with the side cards for whatever reason :p

Agkel

It means your hidden rating is at the same level as the 30s. Which means you're good for your level. :)

I thought it would be something to that extent but then I get teamed with crappy team mates. I usually go on a winning spree of 8-10 matches, then I go into a losing streak because I get paired with the most "derp" people in the world. Which also means I have to 1- do everything, support, ward, get objectives and 2- The enemy team realizes this and focus me to hell and back and I end up with a gazillion deaths because they actively hunt me.

I really, really need to find a group of people to play matches with :(

LCGeek

formerly sane
I absolutely do not want to keep the damage of AP and have AD-style autoattacks. That would be crazy overpowered. I just prefer to use AP on him because then, all his skills are useful, unlike AD TF where Q is pretty useless. That's all.

Thank you for clarifying that. AD tf is AA based and that skill needs decent AP plus penetration to hit like it does late game when someone is AP based. UNless your going a hybrid friendly setup with a few big AD items it will always hit like crap.

Abuse that stun it's effect aren't negated regardless of build style so quick and cheesy.

LCGeek

formerly sane
How long is an average dominion game?

long ones I find 18-25 (I've played with some shitty scrubs)
Otherwise 12-17 minutes for my average ones.

Snowballs are just fucking quick more than 3v3 or 5v5 formats. You level much quick and get items that I feel negate towers worse SR already does for certain characters. Outside of bait tactics one can easily negate and then conquer for points. You feel the impact like others have mentioned when you see basically mega assassins that cannot be stopped.

long ones I find 18-25 (I've played with some shitty scrubs)
Otherwise 12-17 minutes for my average ones.

Snowballs are just fucking quick more than 3v3 or 5v5 formats. You level much quick and get items that I feel negate towers worse SR already does for certain characters. Outside of bait tactics one can easily negate and then conquer for points. You feel the impact like others have mentioned when you see basically mega assassins that cannot be stopped.

Thank you. I'll use that for farming then. When I reach my old level I'll switch back to 5v5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom