• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I finally decided to use my gift cards to buy some skins. Got me Arcade Sona since she's currently my favorite champ. What are your top skins from the game?

Brolaf (obvs),
Panda Annie,
Dragonwing Corki (so good),
Freljord Ashe (yeah, it's a recolour, but white Ashe so nice),
Royal Guard Fiora,
Mecha Kha'Zix,
Headmistress Fiora and Headless Hecarim (no longer available though),
Eternum Nocturne,
Battle Bunny Riven,
Glaive Warrior Panth,
Neon Strike Vi,
Warring Kingdoms J4 and Xin.

So lots :p

zkylon

zkylewd
Arcade sona might as well be her default skin now, only thing you see nowadays.
Yeah, it has more to do with the other splash arts being pretty shit ('cept for purrty Guqin) and with Arcade having some kickass particle effects at a low price.

zkylon

zkylewd
Who's Kassadin's daugther? Not Annie I want to think?

Also this train of thought spurred out of me thinking about Sona's very much motherly boobs lol

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Wow. It must've been because I lost two ranked games in a row or something cuz now I'm getting 17 LP per win. *sigh*....

Arthrus

Is there a trick to the nearly-instantaneous ward jump lee sin does? Every time I do it, I need maybe 1/4 second before I can actually jump to it. Could it just be my ping?

Blizzard

Banned
Wow. It must've been because I lost two ranked games in a row or something cuz now I'm getting 17 LP per win. *sigh*....
Is that less or more than you got before? I got 14 LP for my last game.

If it's anything like the previous ranked system, the change goes down the more games you play, so once you played like 100 ranked game, every game was -11 or +11 elo.

With the new system if you lost a lot of games at 0 points in a division, I would guess that your gains would go down to like +3 per game or something, but I really don't know.

Is there a trick to the nearly-instantaneous ward jump lee sin does? Every time I do it, I need maybe 1/4 second before I can actually jump to it. Could it just be my ping?
I can't do that sort of thing either, but it might be that you (and I) need to bind a key to smartcast place a ward instead of requiring a click to do it.

Ferrio

Banned

Do you smart cast? My ward button is on smartcast, as is all my skills.

Also, if you wanna be really underhanded and have a mouse that supports macros you can bind a single key to do it. I have a macro for Ali's combo... haha

Smartcasting for both W and the item slot, then you aim your cursor and press 1, W. As opposed to 1, click, W, click.

y2dvd

Brolaf (obvs),
Panda Annie,
Dragonwing Corki (so good),
Freljord Ashe (yeah, it's a recolour, but white Ashe so nice),
Royal Guard Fiora,
Mecha Kha'Zix,
Headmistress Fiora and Headless Hecarim (no longer available though),
Eternum Nocturne,
Battle Bunny Riven,
Glaive Warrior Panth,
Neon Strike Vi,
Warring Kingdoms J4 and Xin.

So lots :p

How can I forget brolaf. Maybe my next purchase.
Is Panda Annie the latest one? I just want to recall all day to see that animation.
I am now realizing there's a crapload of skins I want. I may go past my giftcards and spend real money for the first time, which would be a first on this game.

garath

Awesome. Nami sale today. That means we should see Vi on sale sometime next week. I'll definitely be picking her up for the jungle.

How can I forget brolaf. Maybe my next purchase.
Is Panda Annie the latest one? I just want to recall all day to see that animation.
I am now realizing there's a crapload of skins I want. I may go past my giftcards and spend real money for the first time, which would be a first on this game.

Yeah, Panda is the newest. It's amazing, the recall animation is so adorable.

Saprol

Finished placements. 7 out of 10 for Silver III.

iEyyXTObLB4wq.jpg

I almost had as much gold as mid. Sweet.

Cassiopeia is really a bad champion for solo queue. They always inevitably feed for whatever reason.

I'm so sick of these MOTHERF***ING SNAKES

on this MOTHERF***ING GAME.

>.>

I find she's one of those really binary champions. She either rolls hard, or feeds hard. Never seen a relatively even Cass. And yeah, in solo queue those champions can get dominated without team play.

Ken

I don't get why every Singed thinks their only purpose in the game is to push top to "bait" the enemy team and get mad when the rest of the team doesn't take objectives. Is there something wrong with Singed just grouping with the team and taking objectives together.

Ferga

Cassiopeia is really a bad champion for solo queue. They always inevitably feed for whatever reason.

Not true at all. It's just that everyone forgot how to play her.

Sure she doesn't roam as much as other mids but cass is just a complete lane bully and a great team fighter.

A few months ago... cass in every single ranked game... so damn scary... every one of them... back when regi was still respectable as a pro player.

scy

I don't get why every Singed thinks their only purpose in the game is to push top to "bait" the enemy team and get mad when the rest of the team doesn't take objectives. Is there something wrong with Singed just grouping with the team and taking objectives together.

To be fair, it is not playing to Singed's strength.

That said, that's something that should be viewed at a per game basis and not really a "I am Singed, I always split push top."

That's like 95% directed at myself and my split pushing habit

Ken

To be fair, it is not playing to Singed's strength.

That said, that's something that should be viewed at a per game basis and not really a "I am Singed, I always split push top."

That's like 95% directed at myself and my split pushing habit

It's just really annoying when he gets 1v5'd and dies having accomplished nothing, giving up Baron.

That and flinging Taric.

Ferrio

Banned

Sure she doesn't roam as much as other mids but cass is just a complete lane bully and a great team fighter.

A few months ago... cass in every single ranked game... so damn scary... every one of them... back when regi was still respectable as a pro player.

What are you talking about... a year and a half ago?

She's been outclassed for the longest time. Her whole kit revolves around sustained damage and kiting... which gets blown up by all the gapclosers and insane amounts of burst.

It's just really annoying when he gets 1v5'd and dies having accomplished nothing, giving up Baron.

That and flinging Taric.

Once had a friend (Nasus top) get chased all the way from their second turret to her own, almost no health left, Singed and Lux in hot pursuit. Just as they reach the turret, Singed makes his play. Flings her sideways...and just out of Lux's ult. I can't even imagine how mad that Lux was.

Ferga

What are you talking about... a year and a half ago?

She's been outclassed for the longest time. Her whole kit revolves around sustained damage and kiting... which gets blown up by all the gapclosers and insane amounts of burst.

She can still compete if you can land skill shots in lane.

And her ult can deal with gap closers unless you're dealing with invulnerability.

scy

He's referring to maybe half a year ago with Cass/Yorick being a thing. The biggest problem with Cass right now is that Ryze is just better right now since he doesn't die instantly.

That and flinging Taric.

To play devil's advocate here, what was the team doing when the entire enemy team came down on him in top? That should be an inhibitor or something, y'know?

Granted, this kind of play is best served pushing bot lane and not really top.

And not really solo queue sub-Plat/Diamond :x

zkylon

zkylewd
Singed is just a dumb champion that should be reworked. I don't understand why Riot makes an effort to balance troll picks like him...

Not saying she's bad or anything, but she relies way too much on her team to be useful and doesn't have the range/utility/mobility other mids have that allow them to have the larger presence in the game you want what with solo queue being largely a personal thing.

I've also never seen a good Cass player in ranked, but that might be my silver tier.

Ferrio

Banned
She can still compete if you can land skill shots in lane.

And her ult can deal with gap closers unless you're dealing with invulnerability.

Of course any champion can compete, but I will say I think she's one of the shittiest aps right now.

Her ult is wonky as crap, I'd love to see some QOL changes to it.

Her damage just takes too long to be realized, and for the most part it's single target. And since she has no real escape other than to try and slither slightly faster... it means she gets blown up before she can really do anything meaningful.

Ken

To play devil's advocate here, what was the team doing when the entire enemy team came down on him in top? That should be an inhibitor or something, y'know?

Pushing out lanes because we were down on towers. We really couldn't take anything.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Thank you for advice.

Which Nidalee-price champ is worth (to buy on sale)? I was thinking Shen/Panth/Lux ?

I'll buy Sona with IP anyway as soon as I can.

Lux is a very rewarding champion to play (very skilllshot oriented). Shen is banned 24/7 so you'll never get to play him. And Pantheon is pretty fun as well if you enjoy dunking nerds.

zkylon

zkylewd
Thank you for advice.

Which Nidalee-price champ is worth (to buy on sale)? I was thinking Shen/Panth/Lux ?

I'll buy Sona with IP anyway as soon as I can.
A good rule of thumb is to only spend RP on 6300 IP champs and only when they're on sale. You can make an exception for a 4800 champ you really want but anything else is just wasteful, specially if you like skins.

Since all the champs you said go for 3150, I'd say just buy the one you want most and play them for however long you feel like it. I mean, 3150 you can get in a week, and buying many champions at once isn't much of an idea.

Lux is my favorite champ in the game so I'd have to go with her, but all of those are pretty good. I wouldn't buy Shen since he's banned all the time and he doesn't seem all that fun for me either, buy Sona and Panth are both pretty awesome. Specially Pantheon, he's in a really good spot right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom