• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

erragal

So I first picked a rare U/G, that biomass card. Could go into simic I guess.

Next few packs I didnt see anything, probably draft bot cutting me. Had to change colours.

Then erragal beat me cos I had no late game plan.

/diary

lesson is, pick a more flexible first pick unless its AMAZZZZING

Don't worry I lost to Ferrio/Scy because I couldn't make my early creature drops and get battallion going. I got my double bomber in your game which gave me some options. Those priests create very unfriendly trades.

bjaelke

What's her true intended role? A lot of arguments whether she is designed for top lane, or an AD carry
AD Carry or perhaps ranged Top Lane duelist. We've looked at her being successful in either, but players will likely find things out about this that we hadn't thought of - which is good :)
So it wasn't a Lulu-kind of nerf they applied on the PBE earlier. Definitely going to pick her up on release.

scy

So it wasn't a Lulu-kind of nerf they applied on the PBE earlier. Definitely going to pick her up on release.

Not sure if I want to practice her ADC first or just straight top lane. Blind is a strong duelist tool in general so she'll probably get a few free lane wins off of that factor alone.

Don't do it, they'll just hit it with a bat like they did tryn!

Only if it completely circumvents a mechanic.

Besides, the ratio is unchanged, he just actually has to get Fury now.

Which, to be fair, is part of his core design flaw anyway. Generating Fury and all.

scy

Well, part of Teemo vs melee match-up is that he has a blind that punishes engages and he has a good disengage. Plus the extra damage he gets on the occasional harass. Still, it does come down to, "Ranged vs not ranged."

As for a Quinn build, I'm not sure yet. She has Bonus AD Scaling everywhere (50% Passive, 65% Q, 20% E, 50-100% R) so she benefits a lot from raw AD. I can't help but feel that BotRK may benefit her kit more, though. Part of me just says that because BotRK getting retuned to an ADC item + releasing an ADC however so hey!

Essentially, looking at BotRK | BT with some other item (Zephyr if BotRK?) with belts everywhere else to make the best out of her ult (aka, not melting instantly). Trying to go full-on glass cannon out of top lane could work I guess depending on how easy she controls the lane without any kind of bruiser items but I'd say there's better glass cannon assassin top laners to use (aka, just force Kha'zix through the draft).

My first plan is to see what I can do with BotRK + Warmogs + Zephyr.

Ken

Should I rush BotRK? I was thinking of rushing Vamp Scepter and maybe BT as first big item; basically what I do with Jayce.

scy

Should I rush BotRK? I was thinking of rushing Vamp Scepter and maybe BT as first big item; basically what I do with Jayce.

Jayce wants the massive raw AD since he's more bursty with amazing scaling (1.2|1.68 on his Cannon Q? 2.0 on his Hammer QE?); BotRK is more sustained damage through the on-hit now and provides just some AD. It's why I'm edging towards BotRK + ASPD item on her since she'll harass more with autos and use her abilities for other things rather than their scaling.

Plus, BotRK is better at high Health% values than IE or BT so getting people down for her execute is nice (+ the active giving even better chase for Valor). Could prove interesting for her in that regard.

aka, all theory. We'll see how it actually works out.

BUT I NEED THE AD FOR LAST HITTING. ;_;

Her passive is +25 Damage at Level 1 and it will prioritize low-health targets. And you'll be wanting to trigger the proc to lower the cooldown from 10s to 3s.

Kacar

Finally worked my way into platinum solo queue.

Really exciting, although like 70% of my games the last 2 weeks are taric support.

Boken

Banned

As an ADC? BotRK is a new AS% slot item - so get it when you need AS% - unless there are warmogs everywhere. So on quinn I'd get it 2nd. On Kog/Vayne it might come first now.

scy

As an ADC? BotRK is a new AS% slot item - so get it when you need AS% - unless there are warmogs everywhere. So on quinn I'd get it 2nd. On Kog/Vayne it might come first now.

As a top lane build. BotRK before the ASPD change was second to BT for many champions in damage. The loss of some AD hurts it in that capacity but the ASPD helps the passive a lot for certain champions.

It's something I want to look into mathing back out now. In League of Warmogs, BotRK with an ASPD item on top may work out for her (hence why I want to try + Zephyr, maybe Statikk Shiv since her E) but we'll see. Quinn could benefit from a Brutalizer -> BotRK -> Ghostblade -> Warmog's build for top lane but it doesn't feel quite right in theory ... for some reason. I mean, Ghostblade active is really nice when Valor's in play instead.

Agkel

How do I go about asking a refund for the Thresh bundle? I still have 2 refund available.

I just dont see myself playing him anytime soon, and I already have a long list of other champs to try (that I already own). By the time I get to playing him, I will have the IP to buy him with that, or perhaps just pick him w/o the skin on a sale.

You can't refund bundles. Don't know why though. Maybe because it's a two for one thing and people would feel it unfair if you could refund two items with one coin. Or Riot can't figure out how to set bundles as separate items for refund in the purchase history.

Or it's Riot being Riot.

I read somewhere that they would if you submitted a ticket. Could that perhaps work?

edit: Just read on the FAQ on their website that it is possible if you submit a ticket. 1.4k RP come to papa

Ken

You can't refund bundles. Don't know why though. Maybe because it's a two for one thing and people would feel it unfair if you could refund two items with one coin. Or Riot can't figure out how to set bundles as separate items for refund in the purchase history.

Or it's Riot being Riot.

Frick-a-doodle-doo, eight losses in a row. Ouch. :( Heading towards a -20 Win/Loss ratio in normal SR games. The worst part is, they're not tilted - those games are over the last five days or so.

Playing with my team tomorrow, hopefully that'll bring some improvement.

Ken

How do I go about asking a refund for the Thresh bundle? I still have 2 refund available.

I just dont see myself playing him anytime soon, and I already have a long list of other champs to try (that I already own). By the time I get to playing him, I will have the IP to buy him with that, or perhaps just pick him w/o the skin on a sale.

I read somewhere that they would if you submitted a ticket. Could that perhaps work?

edit: Just read on the FAQ on their website that it is possible if you submit a ticket. 1.4k RP come to papa

Oh really. Wish I knew that when I had coins so I could refund Rengar and Zyra bundles. :(

garath

Frick-a-doodle-doo, eight losses in a row. Ouch. :( Heading towards a -20 Win/Loss ratio in normal SR games. The worst part is, they're not tilted - those games are over the last five days or so.

Happens :(

I went on a horrid losing streak over a few weeks to fall a couple games under 50% win rate and managed to work my way back to +30. Its largely from focusing more on a few core champs. Whereas once before youd see 8-10 different champs in my history, its now 3 or 4.

Now to see if I can turn that into ranked success ;)

zkylon

zkylewd

Outch, but it happens. I'm currently on something of a bad streak myself and my remedy's been to just cool off League for a couple of days and try again when I'm feeling more confident, since it can really bring you down to lose match after match.

And yeah, if you need that win to boost you up just go with what's a guaranteed lane win for you and carry like a mofo.

Boken

Banned
Some people would like this

NG8yZpA.png

Having a surprisingly good experience with normal mode draft pick over the past two days. I played almost exclusively normal mode blind pick until yesterday (of my 1100 ish games in the past year and a half or so).

Haven't yet run into trolling picks or even much fighting/arguing/leaving/trolling in-game. Worst I had was a first pick that called jungle and clearly had no idea how to jungle and just spent his time in the jungle bouncing between killing wolves and wraiths over and over again.

Some people would like this

Took me a sec, but that is really cool. :D Been trying to not get that skin ever since I bought her. Reminds me so much of Command Girl from Gotcha Force.
GG4E08-36.png

Its largely from focusing more on a few core champs. Whereas once before youd see 8-10 different champs in my history, its now 3 or 4.

I guess I do need to concentrate on who I'm good with. But playing lots of champions is so fun. :S

Outch, but it happens. I'm currently on something of a bad streak myself and my remedy's been to just cool off League for a couple of days and try again when I'm feeling more confident, since it can really bring you down to lose match after match.

And yeah, if you need that win to boost you up just go with what's a guaranteed lane win for you and carry like a mofo.

I did actually take a break in the middle of the losing streak, evidently it didn't help. XD Ah well, tonight should change things. I'm not much for carrying any lane though. >.>

Hoooly damn. :eek:

Thanks for the sympathy guys. Power through, eh? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom