• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.
This happened:

May I rage or not?
SfSi8bD.jpg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
This happened:

May I rage or not?
No. Learn to build better items. Swiftness boots are extremely situational. Their team only has one real slow to even make real use of them. And you should be building tanky. Triforce isn't great on its own but Trundle sure isn't going to make much of it. And you really shouldn't be building something like Sanguine.

You also have no mobility summoners. No ignite vs. two heal based champs. And it's Twisted Treeline so who cares?

Summoner's Rift

Thank you.

No, it's not I'm trying to level up, and it's faster there ^^.

No. Learn to build better items. Swiftness boots are extremely situational. Their team only has one real slow to even make real use of them. And you should be building tanky. Triforce isn't great on its own but Trundle sure isn't going to make much of it. And you really shouldn't be building something like Sanguine.

You also have no mobility summoners. No ignite vs. two heal based champs. And it's Twisted Treeline so who cares?

Thank you for advices.

I thought that life steal would be good on him. Why do you think it's not useful for him? Also yes, I made other tries for building him and Triforce was definetly not the best thing to build

bjaelke

Twisted Tree Line can be quite fun at times. The major problem is the stale meta at higher levels. There's a fairly small champion base to select from. Definitely a bigger problem than it is in Summoner's Rift (and Crystal Scar).

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I thought that life steal would be good on him. Why do you think it's not useful for him? Also yes, I made other tries for building him and Triforce was definetly not the best thing to build
I dunno much about what would work on Trundle when you're not jungling, but it'd probably be wise to invest in a Sunfire Cape if you're in a situation where you're up against three AD champions. Build tanky in a way that targets the damage output of the enemy team, that's the sort of thing that changes game to game. I think Frozen Mallet is also supposed to be good on Trundle.

Lifesteal is fine but Trundle has good innate and gets more out of building tanky and outlasting his opponent than burning them down. You don't need to be buying heavy offensive items.

I dunno much about what would work on Trundle when you're not jungling, but it'd probably be wise to invest in a Sunfire Cape if you're in a situation where you're up against three AD champions. Build tanky in a way that targets the damage output of the enemy team, that's the sort of thing that changes game to game. I think Frozen Mallet is also supposed to be good on Trundle.

Lifesteal is fine but Trundle has good innate and gets more out of building tanky and outlasting his opponent than burning them down. You don't need to be buying heavy offensive items.

Thank you, I'll try that.

Also, saying "pls report my team" is a terrible attitude to have. I can't stand people who do that. Unless they're genuinely trolling or being a dick to you, no need to report them. People have bad games, that's how it goes, and it's ok to feel angry about it. But saying "pls report my team" I find to be toxic behaviour, and I'd actually sooner report you if I was on the other team than your team mates.

Also, saying "pls report my team" is a terrible attitude to have. I can't stand people who do that. Unless they're genuinely trolling or being a dick to you, no need to report them. People have bad games, that's how it goes, and it's ok to feel angry about it. But saying "pls report my team" I find to be toxic behaviour, and I'd actually sooner report you if I was on the other team than your team mates.

They were trolling. Or at least AFK the whole game. They stayed in the base like 95% of the game, the 5 other % they spent it feeding. They even refused surrender twice.

It's easy to see: they didn't even get assists.

I played ranked and I thought we were gonna have an awesome team: Kat (me), Alistar, Mundo, Jax, Tristana. Looks awesome. So much beefiness, Trist can rip enemies from afar while while everyone else goes in the middle. Enemy picked Corki against Jax (lol), and counter picked themselves with Karthus (lol).

BUT FUCK, AP TRISTANA. She was so damn useless in teamfights. I roflstomped mid and roamed lanes which almost always ended in kills. We secured all but one dragon. We lost most teamfights because we banked on Tristana being an ADC (she never said otherwise), so our damage output was just so low next to the enemy (Corki+Nunu+Cait+Karth+Amumu). Me and Jax kept diving then killing the carries but die in the process.

This happened:

May I rage or not?

Trundle shouldn't get Swiftness at all. You already have W. Get defensive boots. In that game, Ninja Tabi would be a no brainer.

AP Trist just sucks.

I had an AP Trynd mid on my team yesterday and it was awful. Offered nothing to fights. We won because of me and my mate who was jungling, but still. Eww.

scy

Twisted Tree Line can be quite fun at times. The major problem is the stale meta at higher levels. There's a fairly small champion base to select from. Definitely a bigger problem than it is in Summoner's Rift (and Crystal Scar).

It's basically pick a top laner from SR x 3.

It's a bit stupidly snowbally though. An early death is essentially a lost game, or at least a huge disadvantage.

It's basically pick a top laner from SR x 3.

It's a bit stupidly snowbally though. An early death is essentially a lost game, or at least a huge disadvantage.

Pick Udyr. Go tiger. Rush lvl 2 off wraiths and wolves. Grab relic and find Amumu at his wraiths. Steal big wraith and wail on him until he blows flash.

He is now no longer able to level in his owm jungle because I will just kill him. Snowball for the rest of the game. He's lvl 5 when I am 8.

GG 3v3

zkylon

zkylewd
I report for "unskilled player" sometimes if I get someone that doesn't know what the hell he's doing but yeah, people crying at minute 5 "y jungler no gank ezreal 2 fed gg pls report amumu" or whatever are just pathetic.

garath

Had a ranked game with a Heimerdinger support.

Won that game.

Sometimes I win games that shouldn't be won.

I recently won a game as Eve jungle with a Garen mid and a Nocturne top. Weirder things have happened. The Garen didn't do so hot but the Nocturne did well. I try not to discount people that play strange roles unless it's just insane (like AD kassadin support lol)

Macattk15

I had a quadra kill on Garen last night. Scumbag Ezreal on their team ran to the fountain instead of letting me get the Penta .... he was half HP.

I imagine Penta's on Garen have to be somewhat rare.

scy

I blame the European LCS for being kind of boring last weekend so we just discussed Magic while watching the GTC event in Montreal instead ;_;

Pretty sure half of my wins are wins I shouldn't have won. It's their game to throw and they usually do.

It's a game of who makes the most / worst mistakes~!

bjaelke

MVP almost threw their 5th and final match in the OGN tournament earlier today. They decided to fountain dive as the nexus was about to get taken down but an inhibitor spawned in the last second and prolonged the match. They did eventually take the win. Was still quite fun to see them die to the fountain laser as the nexus became invulnerable.

erragal

They might draft today. If only I got into MTG When I was a kid. Oh well, I'll probably be watching the SONY meeting and then play at least one match of LoL to get back to hating it with a fiery passion.

I'd tell you to go download MTGO and use the tutorials to learn now, but I'm a firm believer in not pushing drugs onto other people.

I'd tell you to go download MTGO and use the tutorials to learn now, but I'm a firm believer in not pushing drugs onto other people.
Just checked their website, finding it pretty interesting actually. As for the drugs part, I already play LoL. ;)

Edit: Looks like I need to pay to have an account though.

mercviper

Just checked their website, finding it pretty interesting actually. As for the drugs part, I already play LoL. ;)

Edit: Looks like I need to pay to have an account though.

Yeah, it's not free. It's basically playing IRL, except your purchases are for digital versions of cards instead of physical. I got in free from beta, but had no cards to start. It looks like the account activation package gives you roughly $15 worth of cards to start with, but playing drafts/deckbuilding will require you to spend more money to buy/trade for the cards.

y2dvd

Did anyone else lose their ribbon? My red one is gone.

I never got a ribbon in the first place. ;[

League GAF is now MTG GAF. Sorry guys, time to pack up.

I've been active in both threads really haha. Gameday coming up this Saturday!

I played a ranked game with my bro who haven't played in a few weeks and was now at Gold Division IV. That was a mistake! I'm now seeing the huge gap level between Gold and Plat. Wonder how bad I'd get own by a Diamond player haha.

zkylon

zkylewd
Man that reality TV TSM thingie is pretty sad rofl

"Well you know we're at the bottom of our careers but SNAPDRAGON MAKES THE BEST CHIPS IN THE WORLD"

scy

Magic the Gathering. Boken suckered us into playing with the allure of it being free.

I'll probably end up reinstalling MTGO and just doing that instead. Maybe see what of my old cards I have left that I can turn into a draft fund...

why didn't I cash out my Jace's when they were ~$100 a pop ;_;

mercviper

I'll probably end up reinstalling MTGO and just doing that instead. Maybe see what of my old cards I have left that I can turn into a draft fund...

I have like... 100 tickets on my mtgo account that I haven't used from trading away duals :x I don't want to install it because I know I'll spend $1000 in 2 months again if I do. >_>

erragal

I'm already rebuilding some ancient card multiplayer deck to go pubcrawling with. Though I'm not a fan of the widescreen UI setup compared to the silly tables from yesteryears; it certainly makes the cards look better though.

mercviper

I'm already rebuilding some ancient card multiplayer deck to go pubcrawling with. Though I'm not a fan of the widescreen UI setup compared to the silly tables from yesteryears; it certainly makes the cards look better though.

I remember those tables! Very silly and clunky, but at the same time very quaint lol. Really kinda felt like you were going about the room sitting down with someone to play a game. The UI is still shit, but it's a hell of a lot better than it's initial iteration. The biggest reason I liked MTGO over something 3rd-party was because it did all the rules bookkeeping for you.

Apollyon

Neo Member
There's a bunch of MtG cards on a shelf next to my desk that I bought years ago, but I've never actually done anything with them besides pull them out of their boxes and glancing at the nice artwork. I've thought about playing MTG Online occasionally, but wondered if I should drop the $10 on it. Still might go for it sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom