• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

So I ended up buying Vi with IP anyways. I figured I could find ways to spend my RP no problems (skins OP). I still have 5500 IP left so I can pick something else up later. I decided against Thresh. I have enough supports.

Of course after hardly seeing Vi banned my elo, she was banned all night last night. Figures.

I also expect her to be nerfed. Along with Win Nao. Which makes me sad. I like him. Gap closing junglers are OP. The red post was talking about nerfing his cooldowns for Q and E and lowering the base damage. It probably won't destroy him but it'll definitely take him down a notch.

Not sure how they're going to further nerf Vi, or if they ever are. I'd expect so though.

zkylon

zkylewd
The best thing about Vi are her E groans. YAHHHH AURGHHHH

Also Win Nao nerf is kinda dumb, cooldown on his ult? You need to make it so he can't 100-20 you in level 2 so his laner can last hit you. Just nerf his damage so he 100-50 so laners have to actually earn their kills.

AP isn't necessary for team comps. It's not like anyone on your team was even stacking armor or something.
True. With armor/MR being out of fashion, you can go all AD and people won't be any wiser.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
First time playing Voli

BfwHQRg.png

I think I found a new main. God he is so much fun.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So are bot games.

Yah just learning to play him and following some guides until I can settle in on my own.

My understanding of Zephyr is to synergize with his crazy attack speed with frenzy and his ult. It seems to work since he can put out some insane damage quickly.

On the topic of boots - Yah I understand that and like I said, just following a guide. Though how Voli plays makes me think that if I'm wanting to maximize the synergy of frenzy/his ult/etc, Berserker's Greaves would be a better pick, or hell just Merc's like most top laners do.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Swiftness boots are still considered bad? I thought they were pretty decent against certain teams?
I don't really see an appropriate use case for them. Maybe a very specific instance could arise where the enemy team only has a bunch of slows, I dunno.

Against say Ashe's rank one Frost Shot you turn a 15% movespeed slow into an 11.25% slow. Or you could just buy Mercs, get MR, have something that works against all CC, and reduce the slow duration from 2 to 1.5.
My understanding of Zephyr is to synergize with his crazy attack speed with frenzy and his ult. It seems to work since he can put out some insane damage quickly.

On the topic of boots - Yah I understand that and like I said, just following a guide. Though how Voli plays makes me think that if I'm wanting to maximize the synergy of frenzy/his ult/etc, Berserker's Greaves would be a better pick, or hell just Merc's like most top laners do.
I do not know very much about Volibear, but you should probably find a better guide. Maybe something like this?

did they say why there are more this week?

There's a week off after for an IEM tourney or something.

Edit: IEM World Championships. March 5th - 9th.

Groups:

Group A
Gambit Gaming
Fnatic
Incredible Miracle
CJ Entus Blaze
Millenium
paiN Gaming

Group B
MeetYourMakers
SK Telecom T1
SK Gaming
Anexis
Evil Geniuses
CJ Entus Frost

zkylon

zkylewd
I gots 1.5k RP stored in the bank with whimsical Lux skin written on it.

But I'll probably cave a couple times before that actually happens.

garath

Is Cass viable? Or is she one of those out of date AP mids for one reason or another.

She's still one of the highest sustained damage AP champs but in a world of burst and gap closers/escapes, she's kinda fallen out of favor. Still, saw her in the LCS recently and she can still perform in solo queue. Have to land that Q.

Inskipp

The "reveal" was last week. I'd imagine spotlight tomorrow and release on Thursday or something.

Seems they've been having trouble balancing her on PBE. Surprise surprise.
Just gives me more time to amass IP. By the time she's down to 6k, I can purchase her and Nami., and have some pocket change remaining.

zkylon

zkylewd
Is Cass viable? Or is she one of those out of date AP mids for one reason or another.
She's at a weird place if you ask me, you could make her work but her ult's unreliable and sustained damage is just not that good in League of Warmog's, so that leaves her kind of outclassed at everything.

Orianna has about the same range, more utility, more burst and at least the same level of harass (though not so much early game). She's also pretty much immune to ignite, which pisses people off, it's great.

Ryze is kind of the same deal, tons of sustained damage but he's got super reliable level 1 CC, he's point and click easy and he's tanky as fuck.

Ferrio

Banned

If you want to play cass, play Syndra.

Their kits are *very* similiar, but Syndra isn't as gimped IMO. It's like they looked at cass and said "Okay let's try that again, without the stupid poison mechanic, shitty E range and wonky ass ult"

Only reason I'd say to pick cass is if you run with a regular team who can synergize with her well AND know how to work with her.

zkylon

zkylewd
If you want to play cass, play Syndra.

Their kits are *very* similiar, but Syndra isn't as gimped IMO. It's like they looked at cass and said "Okay let's try that again, without the stupid poison mechanic and wonky ass ult"

Only reason I'd say to pick cass is if you run with a regular team who can synergize with her well AND know how to work with her.
I'd say Syndra is more like a pro-Annie. Lots of AoE stun+burst though their spell rotations will kill one/two at best since Annie Q/Syndra ult are single target spells.

And it's the reason I wanna try her out, Annie's lots of fun but I need dem skillshots :p

Ferrio

Banned
I feel Syndra is more like a pro-Annie. Lots of AoE stun+burst though their spell rotations will kill one/two at best since Annie Q/Syndra ult are single target spells.

And it's the reason I wanna play her :p

Naw, she's a Cass through and through. I believe that cass that played in LCS only picked her cause Syndra was banned, though I didn't catch the first of the match so I may be mistaken.

She operates very similiar to cass, Both of their Qs and Ws are almost the same except for the poison aspect and they both rely heavily on kiting But her burst damage is way better, and her main damage (Q) has a better range than Cass's main damage (E).

The worst aspect that I hear people complain about Syndra is the range on her ult (675). So that says a lot about cass's shortcomings when her E is on a 700 range.

scy

She's at a weird place if you ask me, you could make her work but her ult's unreliable and sustained damage is just not that good in League of Warmog's, so that leaves her kind of outclassed at everything.

Sustained Damage is what you want in high health environments. Burst is bad when things can survive the onslaught.

Naw, she's a Cass through and through. I believe that cass that played in LCS only picked her cause Syndra was banned, though I didn't catch the first of the match so I may be mistaken.

Cass was picked because she has high sustained damage and a counter-engage ultimate.

Ferrio

Banned
The trouble is those high HP characters bulldoze through and kill cass before she can get anything off.

People always treat cass's damage in this theoretical sense, when in real matches she rarely has the chance to reach that potential.

zkylon

zkylewd
Sustained Damage is what you want in high health environments. Burst is bad when things can survive the onslaught.
The problem with sustained damage is that unless the whole team's doing it, people with Warmog's just shrug it off. If you don't have a Caitlyn, a Jayce or something like that in your team, they'll just heal your harass up.

But yeah, Liandry's is great against Warmog's, though I'd rather have it on a champion that can outrange gapclosers.

Macattk15

I only pick Cass when the other team picks Ryze.

I have almost always beaten the Ryze in lane as her.

The problem with sustained damage is that unless the whole team's doing it, people with Warmog's just shrug it off. If you don't have a Caitlyn, a Jayce or something like that in your team, they'll just heal your harass up.

But yeah, Liandry's is great against Warmog's, though I'd rather have it on a champion that can outrange gapclosers.

Cass is pretty good at kiting and doing the sustained damage ... especially when she has Rylai's / Liandry's combo. Gap closing on her can often lead you to being stunned by her ult as she slithers away droppin poison and fangs on you.

I also enjoy playing Cass when they have Vi. Vi ults ... stun her face as she is comin in ... walk away.

I agree Syndra is better though.

Finally managed to remember my gaf login info, lol.

Anyway, I was away at school for a bit and just started playing again. Was wondering if Syndra is decent or if she was recently on a free champion rotation? Thinking about picking her up, but don't want to if she is going to be on rotation possibly soon.

zkylon

zkylewd
Finally managed to remember my gaf login info, lol.

Anyway, I was away at school for a bit and just started playing again. Was wondering if Syndra is decent or if she was recently on a free champion rotation? Thinking about picking her up, but don't want to if she is going to be on rotation possibly soon.
She hasn't been in rotation for a while I think. Maybe two times total?

And yeah, she's pretty good, but weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom