• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inskipp

Was wondering if Syndra is decent or if she was recently on a free champion rotation? Thinking about picking her up, but don't want to if she is going to be on rotation possibly soon.
Syndra's really good, she brings a good mix of utility and damage with her kit. One of my favorite mids currently.

I need to play more Syndra. She's one of those champs I find difficult to play effectively (like Anivia), but I know it's worth putting the time in to get there because she is incredibly strong if you can get there.

Oh man, I've started playing zed and been having a blast.

Been building
DFG
Blade of Ruined
Liandry's
Spirit of the lizard elder
and iceborn.

Grab ignite and just ult, pop your items and as many skills as you can and just walk away. liandry's and lizard also procs twice off of the ult, and off of your cloned skills.

mercviper

Been building
DFG
Blade of Ruined
Liandry's
and iceborn.

Grab ignite and just ult, pop your items and as many skills as you can and just walk away. liandry's and lizard also procs twice off of the ult, and off of your cloned skills.

Liandry's????? I guess spell damage doesn't mean magic damage. DFG is really ehhhhhhh?? too though since it's specifically magic.

Been building
DFG
Blade of Ruined
Liandry's
and iceborn.

Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

Zed only scales with AD, not AP.

Wait, what.

100% total AD + 20 / 35 / 50% of damage dealt

thats his ult, everything stacks on it(as far as I can tell, maybe not ignite + elder). Including the liandry(which is doing 4% off of the iceborn proc) plus blade (150+ 50% of your attack dmg) + The 15% of target health from dfg (and amplifying magic dmg by 20%) + the dmg off of elder lizard (15-66) + ignite + iceborn + skills...

It's a massive boom. And liandry refreshes when the ult deals the dmg.

scy

Liandry's requires Magic damage (Zed's Passive, Blade of the Ruined King, DFG; Iceborn is Physical Damage, the ultimate is Physical damage). Additionally, Zed's ultimate does not work with True Damage (Ignite, Spirit of the Elder Lizard).

Edit: Actually, BotRK Passive and Active both deal Physical damage so it shouldn't trigger it but I'm fairly sure it's listed as something that does; think that's probably an error since Bilgewater and Gunblade do due to being Magic Damage.

You could just go AD and get a better return without an item active gimmick that gives you no skill scaling.

What laner is letting you get away with these items without completely destroying you? Blade of the Ruined King + DFG + Liandry's + Spirit of the Elder Lizard is over 10,000 gold in items.

Edit: Forgot Iceborn which pushes it to nearly 14,000 Gold.

Liandry's requires Magic damage (Zed's Passive, Blade of the Ruined King, DFG; Iceborn is Physical Damage, the ultimate is Physical damage). Additionally, Zed's ultimate does not work with True Damage (Ignite, Spirit of the Elder Lizard).

You could just go AD and get a better return without an item active gimmick that gives you no skill scaling.

no, this gives you the much higher flat burst, plus you don't need to remain in the fight. Ult and walk away, where ad requires you to keep attacking, and you get a massive amount of CD, armour and better health.

Edit: Actually, BotRK Passive and Active both deal Physical damage so it shouldn't trigger it but I'm fairly sure it's listed as something that does; think that's probably an error since Bilgewater and Gunblade do due to being Magic Damage.

What laner is letting you get away with these items without completely destroying you? Blade of the Ruined King + DFG + Liandry's + Spirit of the Elder Lizard is over 10,000 gold in items.

you jungle, you can burn the jungle down incredibly fast.

scy

no, this gives you the much higher flat burst, plus you don't need to remain in the fight. Ult and walk away, where ad requires you to keep attacking, and you get a massive amount of CD, armour and better health.

AD requires you to EQ Auto and escape if you're doing it right. Which is the exact same process you're doing, except having to use item actives (which have their own internal active cooldowns).

Of the items listed here, only one gives Health: Liandry's (300). Black Cleaver is already built on Zed and that's 200 Health. CDR is an awkward stat on Energy champions due to their limited Energy Regeneration, though I suppose the only part of it that's relevant for you is the Ult cooldown.

you jungle, you can burn the jungle down incredibly fast.

What kind of absurd games are you playing where the jungler gets 14k Gold? And while building almost no items that scale with you? You're begging to be counter-jungled and out-dueled like this.

AD requires you to EQ Auto and escape if you're doing it right. Which is the exact same process you're doing, except having to use item actives (which have their own internal active cooldowns).

Of the items listed here, only one gives Health: Liandry's (300). Black Cleaver is already built on Zed and that's 200 Health. CDR is an awkward stat on Energy champions due to their limited Energy Regeneration, though I suppose the only part of it that's relevant for you is the Ult cooldown.

What kind of absurd games are you playing where the jungler gets 14k Gold? And while building almost no items that scale with you? You're begging to be counter-jungled and out-dueled like this.

try it and see. Take a flat AD runepage, grab AD masteries and the 5%ap dmg on hit.

build lizard elder then liandrys, then brk, or iceborn, depending on what you need help with.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Volibear with a Zephyr and AP Zed?

What is going on with this page

In my defense I was following an admittedly poor guide for my first time ever playing voli.

Playing him more but building for HP with a little of of AD on the side and I'm doing just as well, but with more survivability.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Remember what I said about duo queueing with a big difference and what impact it has on the team. Well I found out. In addition I found out that they also spoke in vietnamese the entire fucking game and trashing the team. *sigh*. W/e. GG. I'm done.

Ken

Remember what I said about duo queueing with a big difference and what impact it has on the team. Well I found out. In addition I found out that they also spoke in vietnamese the entire phoking game and trashing the team. *sigh*. W/e. GG. I'm done.

see you next week

But he starts with zero mana. He needs it to cast spells!

Reminds me when AP Garen was still functional. Our Yi kept pointing out that it doesn't do anything for my abilities. 13/1 later he whined about KS.

Boken

Banned
Bot matches are kinda unrepresentative of actual champion prowess.

They're also terrible situations to play Anivia lol
szfHEek.jpg

Volibear OP in real games too
I'm just really bored of current champions and don't have much desire to play.
Play Volibear

When I tested it when the item came out, Liandrys was proccing of physical spells too (Pantheon Q, E), idk if they changed that recently

Remember what I said about duo queueing with a big difference and what impact it has on the team. Well I found out. In addition I found out that they also spoke in vietnamese the entire fucking game and trashing the team. *sigh*. W/e. GG. I'm done.
They spoke vietnamese but you knew they were trashing the team?

Saw an AP Tryn buy a Sapphire crystal

good thing he wasn't on my team lol
Lichbane/sheen....?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Syndra's really good, she brings a good mix of utility and damage with her kit. One of my favorite mids currently.

If you can get good at aiming her spheres of death, she's a monster in lane.

You mean like, sapphire crystal, which builds into sheen, which builds into lichbane, one of the core items of AP Tryndamere? :p

(darn I was already beaten by boken)

Oh yea forgot about that. I was saying it because he doesn't use mana lol

he went 1/4 in the game so eh

Boken

Banned
Pro AP trynd player here

I aint saying it was smart, just a reason why he might have one

rex pls

Also, on the topic of AP trynd, people laughed at the first AP trynd player. Dont laugh at AP zed

Although with the new BOTRK, DFG will be obsolete in that build

1 of 1 Riot Posts 3 Hours Ago
On 02/28/13, starting at 00:30 PST, ranked queues will be disabled in preparation for patch 3.03. At 02:00 PST, the servers will be shut down and all games currently in progress will end in a draw and stats will not be recorded. We estimate the battlegrounds will be unavailable for 6 hours.

Whelp. Just lost against my first Tryndamere a while back. I had no idea what his ult did until I read it. Talon kept telling us to take out Tryn while he had it up. The game was pretty bad too. I was behind on farm since I was giving our Garen some creep kills to be nice. I still can't land Cho's Q for the life of me.

Are there any other champions I should watch out for? Besides Gangplank, lost to that guy too. Sorry if it sounds like I'm complaining.

Are there any other champions I should watch out for? Besides Gangplank, lost to that guy too. Sorry if it sounds like I'm complaining.

Poppy. If she has this cylindrical yellow on her, just run and don't try to hit her with ANYTHING. During that period she ignores any and every damage and crowd control except for her target.

Boken

Banned
The first SUPER WEEK of NA LCS starts tmrw - there are 12 games on wednesday and the usual 4 each on thur and fri.
K7BDXlf.png

(from http://leaguepedia.com/wiki/League_of_Legends_Wiki)
Countdown

Similiarly, the EU LCS has 12 games on friday and the usual 4 on sat and sunday.
BUv5O7T.png

(from http://leaguepedia.com/wiki/League_of_Legends_Wiki)
Countdown

Afterwards on the following wednesday (6 mar), is IEM Hannover international with 4 european powerhouses (EG, SK, GBG and Fnatic) strong korean teams (CJ Frost, CJ Blaze and SKT1) and paiN from Brasil (beat more korean teams than TSM huehue)
more info at:http://leaguepedia.com/wiki/IEM_Season_VII_-_World_Championship

I just found out Leaguepedia lists tourneys a champion was picked/banned on.

I checked Teemo and he was played in MLG Summer 2012 finals (CRS vs DIG). The audience and casters laughed, then match became ARAM.

zkylon

zkylewd
Man I had some awesome matches today and deleted the replays while not thinking :/

So dumb, I really wanted you guys to see that super Blitzcrank T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom