• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found out Leaguepedia lists tourneys a champion was picked/banned on.

I checked Teemo and he was played in MLG Summer 2012 finals (CRS vs DIG). The audience and casters laughed, then match became ARAM.

i remember that, saw it live, it was fun. a couple of pros got really pissed about that.

btw: is it true that the LCS is riots way of forcing the western teams to practice and get better so they won't get stomped by the asian teams as much anymore.

Boken

Banned
I think "forcing" is the wrong word here. If there were mini tournaments every week, the teams would do them.

Its more about creating a formal league structure so that smaller teams can rise and so the salaried teams can play the game pro without excess burden (due to salary)

EU teams are pretty good, and dont need no "forcing" to beat asian teams

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't understand why I die so rarely as Nami. Like, there is no discernible reason. It was weird when it was just a few games. Now it is becoming a lot.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I really wish I could play some matches with one of you guys. I hate feeling like a shitty player.

I get the game, and I have been on a lot of winning teams, but I actually want to get better.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
It sounds like you would fit right in.

iboOqtodpwkchn.gif

bjaelke

Great idea to make Riot to be another Apple.com,make LoL to be Fifa
The key is to make LoL to be a platform for customised skins and champions.People can make skins and champions even maps themselves to submit to Riot .And Riot could put them on line like appstore.
More than that ,Riot should focus on amazing tournaments ,3D gank replay system,and TV broadcast like NBA ,NFL ,etc.
Just imaging that ,after a wonderful teamfight ,TV could show the replay in slow motion ,big screen,all angles,and 3D with no lag.People would go insane ,because it is much fun than other sports to watch.
Riot would be huge beyond everybody's imagination.
WcQPTkD.gif

I have to thank whichever MF+Soraka that demolished our lane a month or so ago. I learned to play Soraka very aggressively and now she's not a ZZZ support for me anymore. DEM Es

How much LP do you usually gain in a match? I got 50 after 2 wins. Does performance in a match affect it? I stomped my last 2 matches.

People have this misconception that if you let her live, she can't do anything. Until they get tsunamied and stunned. And your team gets an ace and then they focus you.

First game of the day, ADC on our team quits 10 minutes into the game, I have no idea why

Why do people start games they know they can't finish

dimb

cho'gath has always been fotw

cho'gath been fotw since s2
If anything he is less popular now.
People have this misconception that if you let her live, she can't do anything. Until they get tsunamied and stunned. And your team gets an ace and then they focus you.
Hitting Tidal Wave must be fun. I'll let you know when I get someone with it.

Hitting Tidal Wave must be fun. I'll let you know when I get someone with it.

The story of Nami. All the potential in her kit, but just not quite there.

Why do people start games they know they can't finish

Maybe they didn't know they couldn't finish it before starting?

It's happened to me a few times, where I'll start a game and then get asked to pick my sister up from work or something. I didn't know going into the game that I couldn't finish it.

In fairness I always explain the situation and apologise for it when it happens and usually people are cool about it because it's just a normal.

In my country, its a norm for students/kids to rent at internet cafes to play game. A big bulk of the playerbase in my region is made up of those.

It really ticks me off when someone says "welp my time's up" then disconnects. They KNOW they cant play a full match so why even queue?? I wish nothing but to get them banned for at least a week. I know I got plenty other players banned though its usually for trashtalking. It really pleases me to see them post on the forum trying to weasel their way out.

dimb

Dimb, you always confuse me. Elise sucks, Vi sucks, Nami good?
We went over this. I didn't say Vi was a bad champion. Just that I don't like her kit and she doesn't do what I want her to well (lane).

Nami brings a surprisingly high amount of sustain, a good mix of CC that is both hard and soft, and decent damage. She also has very good build paths and can generally just get whatever makes sense. She has good poke in lane and can trade really well. Also, she's just fun to play. I like that
itr4OGe.jpg

FkEzJ2T.jpg

EXGN

We went over this. I didn't say Vi was a bad champion. Just that I don't like her kit and she doesn't do what I want her to well (lane).

Nami brings a surprisingly high amount of sustain, a good mix of CC that is both hard and soft, and decent damage. She also has very good build paths and can generally just get whatever makes sense. She has good poke in lane and can trade really well. Also, she's just fun to play. I like that
itr4OGe.jpg

FkEzJ2T.jpg

Relax, I kid :p I like her kit a lot, I just feel like she's missing that 'oomph,' especially compared to the OP monster that is Thresh.

mercviper

I jest.

But seriously, I don't think Nami's very good. I'm happy to be proven wrong, I bought her bundle because I thought she'd be awesome and I love her design. I just don't think she hold up against stronger supports.

I think Nami is a good support, just that her kit scales really hard on how well you are mechanically.

Why can't we have a queue where we pick what role we want to play before hand and it matches us with other roles.

Would stop 3 people insta locking mid whenever you join a normal. It's infuriating.

Especially if I say it first, then we have a Swain, Malz and Talon all lock in immediately and put mid in the chat after.

Urgh.

Ferrio

Banned
Why can't we have a queue where we pick what role we want to play before hand and it matches us with other roles.

Would stop 3 people insta locking mid whenever you join a normal. It's infuriating.

Especially if I say it first, then we have a Swain, Malz and Talon all lock in immediately and put mid in the chat after.

Urgh.

Because you ingrain the meta into the game permanently.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Someone's been hitting the LFG tool a little hard there.

Urgh.

I called jungle, and picked xin

2 autolocks with smite lee sin and khazix

people are just assholes

Macattk15

Urgh.

You'd wait for fucking ever to find a support / jungle sometimes I would imagine.

And play Draft queue if you don't want 3 people picking mid and insta-locking ... worst case 2 people do that in Draft mode.

garath

You'd wait for fucking ever to find a support / jungle sometimes I would imagine.

And play Draft queue if you don't want 3 people picking mid and insta-locking ... worst case 2 people do that in Draft mode.

Yeah, then you just deal with the 'mid or feed' last picks :p

Seriously though, I rarely go blind pick anymore. It's usually a trainwreck. I'll do it if I absolutely want to play a particular champ for some mechanics practice, but that's it. Those games are usually so horrible. Draft pick is a decent game 3 out of 5 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom