• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.
I generally play jungle and the odd time support, but it would be nice to play a game that doesn't take forever to get into where I can play mid for once.

Even last game, I called mid and locked in. Someone decided to just lock in Akali with 10 seconds to go and just sat in mid the whole time, taking my cs.

That shit just isn't fun.

Macattk15

People should just let me mid.

Me too.

I would rather play support or jungle.

I bet players like you are in the minority.

I generally play jungle and the odd time support, but it would be nice to play a game that doesn't take forever to get into where I can play mid for once.

Even last game, I called mid and locked in. Someone decided to just lock in Akali with 10 seconds to go and just sat in mid the whole time, taking my cs.

That shit just isn't fun.

Try Draft or Ranked. It is less likely to happen there .... but still can.

Try Draft or Ranked. It is less likely to happen there .... but still can.

That's what I'm saying though. I do play some ranked, but when I just want to chill out and get into a game quickly without having to wait for the whole extended pick and ban phase draft is just not what I want. Blind is great because I can just jump into that quickly.

Few questions regarding playing with you guys.

Does lolgaf still use mumble to play together?

Where is the list of lolgaf player usernames that I can add.

My username is:Nunu Bõt

The letter O isn't a normal O. It is [alt]+0245

My old username was AnarchReigns, but I switched it to Nunu Bõt during the name change sale.

Few questions regarding playing with you guys.

Does lolgaf still use mumble to play together?

Where is the list of lolgaf player usernames that I can add.

My username is:Nunu Bõt

The letter O isn't a normal O. It is [alt]+0245

My old username was AnarchReigns, but I switched it to Nunu Bõt during the name change sale.
We use Mumble. If you're NA, join chat room "NeoGAF", we're all in there.

Why can't we have a queue where we pick what role we want to play before hand and it matches us with other roles.

Would stop 3 people insta locking mid whenever you join a normal. It's infuriating.

Especially if I say it first, then we have a Swain, Malz and Talon all lock in immediately and put mid in the chat after.

Urgh.

Im sorry but I have not heard a worse idea than this in my life.

Normals? Normals are like 75% troll games 25% real.

I've completely given up on them.

I played 15 games on Normal Draft past week, ran into like 1 troll game and a few games with bad feeders (but that's not really trolling).

Small sample and all, but I'm not sure how trollish Normal draft really is.

Why can't we have a queue where we pick what role we want to play before hand and it matches us with other roles.

Would stop 3 people insta locking mid whenever you join a normal. It's infuriating.

Especially if I say it first, then we have a Swain, Malz and Talon all lock in immediately and put mid in the chat after.

Urgh.

People have brought up the biggest issue with this, which is that it assumes a level of homogenization of the meta and lane roles that is not true, and to the extent that it is true, is not desirable and certainly shouldn't be frozen in stone.

On top of that, supports (and junglers to a lesser extent) are going to be the tanks and healers of WoW 5 man dungeon queue, so enjoy waiting 30 minutes to get your top lane, like DPS does in WoW queues?

zkylon

zkylewd
@Mr. Fiora complaining about instalockers
I'd like Riot to take a GAF-like approach to bans. No second chances, you fuck up, you get banned, no contesting it.

Calling someone gay or retarded should be permaban and that's it, all your skins gone, hope you learned your lesson.

Also seriously remove the lock-in button, what's the point?

Ferrio

Banned
@Mr. Fiora complaining about instalockers
I'd like Riot to take a GAF-like approach to bans. No second chances, you fuck up, you get banned, no contesting it.

Calling someone gay or retarded should be permaban and that's it, all your skins gone, hope you learned your lesson.

Also seriously remove the lock-in button, what's the point?

So you know for sure someone is going to run that character. There'd be a ton more trolling if it didn't exist. Also I'm sure it'd be possible to accidentally pick another character when you didn't mean to.

As for the bans, thats stupid. There should be preprecussions, but you shouldn't look past that people can change. And the bottom line, it's bad for buisness to be all gastapo about it.

I'm not talking about that queue being the *only* queue, but it would be nice to have as an option.

That way people who want to play the current meta and want to practice a particular role for rankeds can do so.

Like, tell me how somebody sitting in my lane, taking my cs and just trolling is a good environment to play in and a good way to practice mid for ranked, without waiting ages to go through a full draft pick.

zkylon

zkylewd
So you know for sure someone is going to run that character. There'd be a ton more trolling if it didn't exist. Also I'm sure it'd be possible to accidentally pick another character when you didn't mean to.

As for the bans, thats stupid. There should be preprecussions, but you shouldn't look past that people can change. And the bottom line, it's bad for buisness to be all gastapo about it.
I dunno, try removing lock-in on PBE, maybe? If everyone trolls and you can't ban them all, then go back to normal, but at least try something.

And Riot shouldn't want racist low elo scum in their game, it gives the game a bad reputation, which I think it's way worse than gving the image of being too harsh on toxic players.

That's not how GAF works.
? It is, usually you're not permabanned, but it's not like you have 10 warnings and whatnot.

JesseZao

It really doesn't take ages to get into a draft game. It amazes me that people still play blind pick post-30 if not in a premade. Blind pick is just asking for less serious play.

Just start playing draft games only for a week and see how it goes.

Ferrio

Banned
It really doesn't take ages to get into a draft game. It amazes me that people still play blind pick post-30 if not in a premade. Blind pick is just asking for less serious play.

Just start playing draft games only for a week and see how it goes.

I'll play blind if there's a particular champ I want to play.

Had an epic game just now

Akali on their team had 12 kills, then got a penta kill. Started trash talking

We come back, our Akali on our team that was feeding, got a penta to end it for us haha

Never had two penta kills in one game

Cathcart

People have brought up the biggest issue with this, which is that it assumes a level of homogenization of the meta and lane roles that is not true, and to the extent that it is true, is not desirable and certainly shouldn't be frozen in stone.

It would almost be like Riot creating an esports website where every player's stat page contains a "position" field that says either "Top Lane", "Jungler", "Mid Lane", "AD Carry" or "Support".

I'm fine that they aren't making a queue system where you don't select a role, I just don't buy this argument against it when Riot themselves goes out of their way on their esports site and in their broadcasts to label people in such a way. Like they don't even say "solo lane" or "carry", they specifically put "AD Carry" and "Mid Lane" right there on every page and their announcers refer to them in the same way. It's really no wonder people want to be able to queue up by roles.

Have we seen many examples in pro play recently where teams don't adhere to the meta, aside from swapping top and bottom lanes? Does anyone tri lane, double mid, double jungle, jungler and a roamer? It seems like a lot of this stuff doesn't happen for pretty good reasons which Riot has control over and has not tried to change.

falastini

This meta of swapping lanes everygame is boring as shit. Riot pls.

AP Tryn pick!
I dunno why it took so long for somebody to try him. He was OP for weeks. Pros are always scared to make unusual picks sometimes until somebody else does it first. Like Volibear jungle... he was always viable, but nobody picks him. Suddenly he's played one game and everybody starts picking him.

This meta of swapping lanes everygame is boring as shit. Riot pls.

I dunno why it took so long for somebody to try him. He was OP for weeks. Pros are always scared to make unusual picks sometimes until somebody else does it first. Like Volibear jungle... he was always viable, but nobody picks him. Suddenly he's played one game and everybody starts picking him.

But jungle was the most common place for Volibear, then top, then support.

Apollyon

Neo Member
I'll play blind if there's a particular champ I want to play.

This. My only other reasons for playing Blind Pick Normals at the moment is to learn more champs, roles, and improving my own fundamentals so I can get the fuck out of Blind Pick Normals and into Ranked. Although, the last few Normals I've played were slightly better than usual leavers, AFKers, ragers, etc.

There is Normal Draft, but first, I want a better understanding of roles I commonly play, as well as actually learning roles I still haven't touched (like Jungle and Support). What I want is at least two champs that I'm certain how to play for each role before I go into any sort of Draft Pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom