• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some ideas I've had about Yi:
- Make the passive proc on 6th/5th attack by lv6/13.
- Alpha Strike always procs its bonus damage on the targeted neut/minion (jungle Yi buff)
- Meditate also brings up a Sivir spell shield, but the healing is slightly loaded towards the end (starts medium, ends strong, same total)
- Highlander breaks him out of all CCs on activation, though I'd personally hate split-push Yis even more.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Tried AP Eve mid for the first time today. Amazing burst and dear lord that W escape so good. I want to try to master this role, I'm not used to playing assassins.

Boken

Banned
Pictured is Kha'Zix feeding.
loL%20Kha%27Zix.jpg

I can definitely see a nerf to her ult's damage. :/ Might go down to 10%/15%/20% and maybe have the shield be based off the damage it did.

She's just a really good roaming assassin. *Any* loner is a guaranteed kill when your DFG and ult are both up. Seeing your HP instantly drop by 50-60% will make you run away, which just means a free kill for Eve. The only games I lost with her so far is a 4v5 plus two matches where a teammate hyperfed a carry. Doesn't matter a lot if you get zoned out in lane as long as you get your DFG and mpen. If you have good teammates who actually ward it becomes a lot easier.

Blizzard

Banned
I can definitely see a nerf to her ult's damage. :/ Might go down to 10%/15%/20% and maybe have the shield be based off the damage it did.

She's just a really good roaming assassin. *Any* loner is a guaranteed kill when your DFG and ult are both up. Seeing your HP instantly drop by 50-60% will make you run away, which just means a free kill for Eve. The only games I lost with her so far is a 4v5 plus two matches where a teammate hyperfed a carry. Doesn't matter a lot if you get zoned out in lane as long as you get your DFG and mpen. If you have good teammates who actually ward it becomes a lot easier.
Her ult originally was like, once every 2-3 minutes or something, I thought. You could use it so rarely that you just kind of hung around when it wasn't up. Then they buffed the ult timing.

Unfortunately some guy posted a thread on the Riot forums, so everyone started using AP Eve. The ult was some compensation for her being the only stealth champion with fake stealth now, after like a year of being perhaps one of the 2-3 worst champions in the game. I wonder if she will go back to that tier, or just be nerfed to a semi-viable level.

Can anyone link me to that triple support Kog game?

I think it was Dignitas who did it, something like having so many heals in the team and winning the fight despite massive gold disadvantage.

y2dvd

Ever walk back to lane from base, and as you're walking, you start to watch some action going on elsewhere on the map. Next thing you know, you're walking into enemy turret and basically gave a free kill to the enemy? Yeah, I did that twice last night. :|

garath

Ever walk back to lane from base, and as you're walking, you start to watch some action going on elsewhere on the map. Next thing you know, you're walking into enemy turret and basically gave a free kill to the enemy? Yeah, I did that twice last night. :|

I did that once when I was 12-0. It ended up being my only death the entire game. It made me extremely sad.

garath

Wasn;t she just nerfed pretty big a month or two ago?

Her remake nerfed her ability numbers almost across the board if I recall correctly -- I think Scarra, one of the most well-known Kat players, commented that her early game became even more awkward. The idea was that the late game worked a bit better since you could melee people with W for extra damage even if they cancel your ult, assuming they don't kill you.

I didn't like the remake Katarina much, but I think the win rate went up so everyone else must have. Then yes, I think they nerfed her after the remake, and if there's another nerf coming up I guess I was right to be cynical when they originally came out with the remake. :( I wish they would have just left her alone, even if that made her unviable in most situations, rather than ending up in a place in which they keep chipping away at her abilities.

I'm concerned for another nerf if there's one coming, it wouldn't surprise me at all. This may sound strange but I'm not finding a lot of easy counters to her anymore. She may be less damage than before the remake but she makes up for it with speed of execution. Her Q->E->W combo is a lot of harass in the space of a second and the W comes back up so quickly. Her R now dishes all it's damage very quick and since they buffed her passive she's a killing machine. With a decent early game, any enemy with half health needs to be scared.

I love the remake, she's turned into my favorite mid by far.

edit: ewww.. sorry for the double post. :(

mercviper

I know someone has been posting when Master Yi Samurai skins have been available from alienware, but this time we have advanced warning!

http://www.alienwarearena.com/givea...012&utm_medium=email&utm_source=na_newsletter

Master Yi Samurai Skin Key Giveaway Schedule (All Times in PDT):

Thursday, October 4th:
1,000 Keys for both European Servers: 9:00 AM
1,000 Keys for the North American Server: 4:00 PM

Friday, October 5th:
1,000 Keys for both European Servers: 12:00 PM (Noon)

Saturday, October 6th:
1,000 Keys for both European Servers: 12:00 PM (Noon)

scy

Why's it gotta be Yi :|
I want free stuff I don't already have.

I'm concerned for another nerf if there's one coming, it wouldn't surprise me at all. This may sound strange but I'm not finding a lot of easy counters to her anymore. She may be less damage than before the remake but she makes up for it with speed of execution. Her Q->E->W combo is a lot of harass in the space of a second and the W comes back up so quickly. Her R now dishes all it's damage very quick and since they buffed her passive she's a killing machine. With a decent early game, any enemy with half health needs to be scared.

I love the remake, she's turned into my favorite mid by far.

After more time with her, she's just in a vastly better place now than she ever was before. Her really early game is a little awkward but her harass combo has such a quick engage/disengage that it makes use of basically any opening. By 4 or 5, she picks up steam and at 8-10+, she dominates her lane and farms tremendously well. Getting a huge cs lead with her is easy. Pushing lanes and roaming is something she just does remarkably well. She just needs to be passive in the first few levels or get some jungle support (and not all-in support, just force them away from lane support).

Her worst matchups are basically limited to champs that point-and-click their damage and like being up close just as much as her (e.g., Kassadin, Diana to an extent). Anything skillshot based is open to be outplayed once they miss.

Something similar happens to me sometimes. A fight breaks out on another lane so I try to get there quickly but I don't notice I just walked past an enemy who promptly murders me.

Volimar

First IG show up late, and now technical issues. There may be a show match while they get it all ironed out.

Starting? Cautiously optimistic.

So I bought two skins yesterday. Here are my thoughts on them

Astro Nautilus: I'm a huge Nautilus fan and although I liked how the other available skins looked I always favored his original skin. In terms of looks that statement still stands true but Astro's walking animation is awesome. It feels a little awkward at first but I feel like it's harder to read where he's moving from the animations(for opponents). The way he turns his body so floatily is what makes it so confusing. It's definitely not game breaking or anything but something interesting I wanted to point out.

NunuBot: This is my new favorite skin in league. His taunts are funny but the stuff he says while moving around is even better. And his laugh..... my god...... it's the funniest laugh in league IMO. It actually makes playing nunu harder because it's so damn troll-worthy that I want to keep spamming it while I play(Laughing stops your movement route so you have to reclick the movement path). Granted I'm never standing still but it adds a few extra clicks as I'm running around.

scy

It actually makes playing nunu harder because it's so damn troll-worthy that I want to keep spamming it while I play(Laughing stops your movement route so you have to reclick the movement path).

If you click fast enough, you won't even break your stride.

DFG is the real OP.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm kind of annoyed that "wombo combo" has somehow entered the lexica of League players, and is used for things that aren't really even "combos", just one champ casting things sequentially.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm kind of annoyed that "wombo combo" has somehow entered the lexica of League players, and is used for things that aren't really even "combos", just one champ casting things sequentially.
You're really hitting me hard with this wombo combo of words.

Why's it gotta be Yi :|
I want free stuff I don't already have.

After more time with her, she's just in a vastly better place now than she ever was before. Her really early game is a little awkward but her harass combo has such a quick engage/disengage that it makes use of basically any opening. By 4 or 5, she picks up steam and at 8-10+, she dominates her lane and farms tremendously well. Getting a huge cs lead with her is easy. Pushing lanes and roaming is something she just does remarkably well. She just needs to be passive in the first few levels or get some jungle support (and not all-in support, just force them away from lane support).

Her worst matchups are basically limited to champs that point-and-click their damage and like being up close just as much as her (e.g., Kassadin, Diana to an extent). Anything skillshot based is open to be outplayed once they miss.

Pretty much this. New Kat can farm and push her lane now while also harassing, which is a tremendous buff because farming was the problem that made old kat weak. Calling her "nerfed" because her ratios slightly decreased is totally missing the elephant in the room.

I thought a wombo combo was an air juggle between characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO8iX8qAGv8

like that. Or getting knocked up constantly by characters like jarvan and janna.

Haha that's hilarious. They would have a horrible late game team though if things went badly due to lack of an adc. And you couldn't use that team comp in ranked where blitz and Ali Srebrenica usually banned. But looks like amazing blind pub stomping goodness. If only my league friends were down to attempt such stupid comps. Flare is the only friend I have willing to do crazy shit.

Haha that's hilarious. They would have a horrible late game team though if things went badly due to lack of an adc. And you couldn't use that team comp in ranked where blitz and Ali Srebrenica usually banned. But looks like amazing blind pub stomping goodness. If only my league friends were down to attempt such stupid comps. Flare is the only friend I have willing to do crazy shit.

Reminds me of a TSM scrim where they were playing with a wombo combo of Gragas, Urgot and Janna. Split them with cask, move one guy right into the middle of the team with swap while Janna ults to push all the rest of the enemy away. Hilarious when it worked, and a viable team comp (this was pre Urgot nerfs).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom