• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Nah he's pretty good there.

At least, better than Syndra. The only reason I'm not throwing her away is to because I want to keep my waifu collection up to date.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Nah he's pretty good there.

At least, better than Syndra. The only reason I'm not throwing her away is to because I want to keep my waifu collection up to date.
What aspect of him is good there even? Why not just pick another bruiser, one who is tougher and does just as much if not more damage? I don't really see what he brings to the table in a Dominion game that you couldn't get out of a better bruiser. Why not just take Lee Sin? Your base stats are tankier and you have a higher damage output. More mobility. More utility. More sustainability.

FoxSpirit

Man, Syndra is fun and strong. Very high skillcap. I feel in normal solo/duo she will just wreck if mastered. Dat AoE damage.
Plus it's fun tossing voidlings at Malzahar :p

Sielys

What is that supposed to be ?

It was a document that was seen on the desktop of Chauster's stream. Who knows what could be within?

Imo, the document contains thousands of dollars worth of unrivaled and unpredictably effective cheese locked away in a secret code that only Chauster can break

Boken

Banned
So is anyone planning to create a thread for the S2 Championship?

I recall there was discussion about it a while ago, but I haven't been keeping up with this thread lately. Seeing as Oct 13 is getting closer, I was curious if this was brought up.

If one isn't up when the weekend comes I'll put one together I guess.

Kha'zik is awful. Like, I see him coming in to gank me 2v1 and I just blow him up awful. Super squishy. Doesn't fit the meta at all right now. Rengar is actually like a trillion times better but nobody wants to play him because he doesn't look as cool. I think Rengar is actually going to be banned out from the finals because he's bugged and broken or something.

Ill do it.

Also, its THIS THURSDAY

garath

I really enjoy following the competitive scene. I can't wait for the finals. Hope I'll be able to watch them live.

I'm hoping a US team takes it home but really it'll be M5 or Azubu Frost. TSM is the best US team and they haven't had very good presence against foreign teams. CLG.EU will place very high though. So I'll root for them if the US is out. Snoopeh is awesome.

scy

What are you guys building on SR jungle KZ?

Been going boots > Wriggles > Phage/BF Sword > Frozen Mallet/BT > GA

with middling success.

Armor start makes the most sense. He doesn't have a desperate need for bonus mobility and his E lets him low level gank well anyway. It helps make his clear not "oh god I used all my pots two camps in" levels of bad.

Kha'zik is awful. Like, I see him coming in to gank me 2v1 and I just blow him up awful. Super squishy. Doesn't fit the meta at all right now. Rengar is actually like a trillion times better but nobody wants to play him because he doesn't look as cool. I think Rengar is actually going to be banned out from the finals because he's bugged and broken or something.

His trades in lane are weird. He gets harassed down really easily due to his paper-like everything but an Unseen Threat + Isolated Q is enough to force a potion at least. Escaping from Kha'zix is typically a bad call too as it leads into Evolved W Slow, Ult chases, and more Isolated Qs (or just Leap them if you didn't gap close the engage).

Edit: Oh yeah, Kha'zix has a really fun teamfight. E+Q an isolated target, Evolved W for awesomeexplosions (I fail to care if this is ineffective, it is awesomeexplosions), and then ult dash around to apply more Unseen Threats and Isolated Qs. Carries that escape away to safety are destroyed by Kha'zix so fast. Effective? Meh, dunno. It's fun.

He's squishy but his damage output is tremendous.

Rengar is better right now

Sielys

So is anyone planning to create a thread for the S2 Championship?

I recall there was discussion about it a while ago, but I haven't been keeping up with this thread lately. Seeing as Oct 13 is getting closer, I was curious if this was brought up.

I'd make one. Would it be in gaming, or gaming community?

Edit: guess someone else is going to make it.

If one isn't up when the weekend comes I'll put one together I guess.

True true.
Aside from that gap closing/blocking leap and his invis/speed buff from his ult there's nothing really useful from his abilities for ganking. His slow is pathetic for ganking. We'll see how it goes. He seems like he would have a much easier time ganking top though because in the current meta they are always isolated unless their jungler/mid is coming to help.

True true.
Aside from that gap closing/blocking leap and his invis/speed buff from his ult there's nothing really useful from his abilities for ganking. His slow is pathetic for ganking. We'll see how it goes. He seems like he would have a much easier time ganking top though because in the current meta they are always isolated unless their jungler/mid is coming to help.

With his ult he gets to slow them three times though, four if you evolve it. I think his q needs some work though because it's useless if they stand at creeps making him a bad top laner. Plus he loses top to a lot of the popular top champs right now. His jungling isn't great either, super mana reliant and not enough aoe damage to keep up with other junglers

Q8D3vil

he wont be available in the finals, he seems balance now.

With his ult he gets to slow them three times though, four if you evolve it. I think his q needs some work though because it's useless if they stand at creeps making him a bad top laner. Plus he loses top to a lot of the popular top champs right now. His jungling isn't great either, super mana reliant and not enough aoe damage to keep up with other junglers

But the whole problem is in the current meta if you play him as a jungler you want to be ganking earlier before the "laning phase" ends. And helping your team mates secure those kills. I still like how he is able to gank from the most random spots though. I'm sure we will still see quite a bit of him, and I look forward to it as well because it's gonna make for some interesting skirmishes. I'm sort of tired of the League's current meta. It makes deviating from the meta for anything outside a pre-made team of friends impossible. Even my friends themselves hate deviating from the meta, and despite Kha'Zix's poor CC I'm glad he exists because he doesn't seem like he was made for League's current meta.

But the whole problem is in the current meta if you play him as a jungler you want to be ganking earlier before the "laning phase" ends. And helping your team mates secure those kills. I still like how he is able to gank from the most random spots though. I'm sure we will still see quite a bit of him, and I look forward to it as well because it's gonna make for some interesting skirmishes. I'm sort of tired of the League's current meta. It makes deviating from the meta for anything outside a pre-made team of friends impossible. Even my friends themselves hate deviating from the meta, and despite Kha'Zix's poor CC I'm glad he exists because he doesn't seem like he was made for League's current meta.

Ya hopefully they make some better ad caster items soon because the current choices all kind of suck, he's a lot like talon. Cool character but doomed by the meta

windz

Sweet, someone making an OT for the championships. Looking forward to watching it this weekend, it sure crept up fast. I love this game.

Haly

What aspect of him is good there even? Why not just pick another bruiser, one who is tougher and does just as much if not more damage? I don't really see what he brings to the table in a Dominion game that you couldn't get out of a better bruiser. Why not just take Lee Sin? Your base stats are tankier and you have a higher damage output. More mobility. More utility. More sustainability.
Has more burst than Lee Sin, and champ choice is less important in Dom so you're not severely punished for playing the heroes you want rather than the most effective heroes.

And he looks more fun than Lee Sin, who is fucking boring.

Inskipp

Has more burst than Lee Sin
If both champs build for pure damage, Lee Sin outbursts Kha'Zix easily. But that's if were talking about both champs mashing their entire kit in one succession. Kha'Zix can potentially win out in a sustained battle, especially if he jukes out Lee's skills. But that's a considerable if.

Lee sin also has the added benefit of being able to opt for a tankier build and still being able to not only deal reasonable damage, but provide additional utility with his shield/crowd control. Kha'Zix doesn't seem as versatile.

I can definitely see Kha'Zix working as a roaming assassin, as those types of champs work pretty well in dominion.
And he looks more fun than Lee Sin, who is fucking boring.
Are you talking out of personal preference, or from a mechanical standpoint?

Haly

Personal experience, as I have Lee Sin.

JesseZao

haha holy fuck travis really is a personality black hole. just reading what he writes makes me...

I want that file to exist and I want someone to hack it, and I want it to just be all

tumblr_matxn9ghNc1qzuf81o1_1280.png

Yeah, how do people stand that guy. Really puzzles me.

scy

If both champs build for pure damage, Lee Sin outbursts Kha'Zix easily. But that's if were talking about both champs mashing their entire kit in one succession. Kha'Zix can potentially win out in a sustained battle, especially if he jukes out Lee's skills. But that's a considerable if.

Not sure if I agree with this. Kha'zix's damage output is ridiculous. I play a lot of top lane and I'm fairly accustomed with the kind of damage I'll put out with my normal assortment (Riven, Rengar, Vlad, Jayce, Lee Sin) and KZ definitely keeps surprising me at the damage I put out. I dunno.

Lee Sin's full combo is a better AD Ratio though (4.8 vs 4.1 bonus AD), though KZ can get two Qs per Lee Sin Q. And it's 12% missing Health vs 8%. Plus the passive is pretty good, especially with proper use of his ult.

Haly

Should also keep in mind that Lee See retains much of his sustained dps from staggering his moves and not using them up all at once.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Karthus free week. Great. Dude's so game breaking with a bit of AP. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong?

He loses lane to almost every single AP mid. Shut him down early and don't let him get easy kills in other lanes and you're dandy.

daxy

He loses lane to almost every single AP mid. Shut him down early and don't let him get easy kills in other lanes and you're dandy.

Won lane against the guy, but he was picking up free kills and assists left and right with his ult. Couldn't do much about that. I suppose I should've played more aggressively instead of focusing on farming. Thanks, makes sense & noted.

zkylon

zkylewd
Won lane against the guy, but he was picking up free kills and assists left and right with his ult. Couldn't do much about that. I suppose I should've played more aggressively instead of focusing on farming. Thanks, makes sense & noted.
Yeah, I love playing against Karthus because I get to have my fun with him :D

Just be super aggresive, the guy can barely put up a fight without jungler help.

Inskipp

Lee Sin's full combo is a better AD Ratio though (4.8 vs 4.1 bonus AD), though KZ can get two Qs per Lee Sin Q. And it's 12% missing Health vs 8%. Plus the passive is pretty good, especially with proper use of his ult.
Hence why I mentioned that Kha'Zix has a better chance at a sustained battle rather than an outright burst- situation.

I would imagine however that Lee Sin's Sonic Wave/Tempest can mitigate Kha'Zix's capability on utilizing his passive, due to providing vision on the hit target, which would also nullify the stealth component of his ulti.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Kathrus is really good if you can last hit under tower without pushing lane (make sure the q only hit 1 minion). Once Kathrus walk passed the middle, he is basically a free kill for the other AP.

--------

Someone teach me the secret of Fiora top... I can't beat Jayce for the life of me, and darus, and vlad, and all popular top. Only time I won a lane is when I go against teemo, mf, and... that's it.

dimb

Someone teach me the secret of Fiora top... I can't beat Jayce for the life of me, and darus, and vlad, and all popular top. Only time I won a lane is when I go against teemo, mf, and... that's it.
During the free week of Fiora I won all my games as her and was considering picking her up. I could just seem me actually buying her and finding out I suck with her now though.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
During the free week of Fiora I won all my games as her and was considering picking her up. I could just seem me actually buying her and finding out I suck with her now though.

Do you remember what item and build you start with?

I can't decide between doran x2 -> wriggle -> phage -> fm or IE

or just go butalizer + black cleaver.

I may have to try BT, I haven't try it ever since the nerf.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Kathrus is really good if you can last hit under tower without pushing lane (make sure the q only hit 1 minion). Once Kathrus walk passed the middle, he is basically a free kill for the other AP.

--------

Played against a Morg today that thought she could deny me CS by pushing my lane hard. Wall->Maokai leaves->lol.

Lulu for some dumb reason is a really strong mid.

She use to be really good mid, but her skills got nerfed a couple times. Dunno how strong she is now as a mid, but still good for a more AP support I guess. She just brings a lot to the table even without building AP, and is one of the few fun supports in the game.

She use to be really good mid, but her skills got nerfed a couple times. Dunno how strong she is now as a mid, but still good for a more AP support I guess. She just brings a lot to the table even without building AP, and is one of the few fun supports in the game.

She has that surprise factor mid like Sejuani top, AP Janna mid or AD Kennen where people don't know how to deal with it. Her WQE combo really confuses some people, not to mention you can kill minions with Q while also hitting champions, if they're stupid.

She's like AP Sivir, in a way.

EDIT: I fucking love attaching pix to a minion and hitting people with Q under tower. Long range glitterlance sniping. >:3

dimb

Do you remember what item and build you start with?

I can't decide between doran x2 -> wriggle -> phage -> fm or IE

or just go butalizer + black cleaver.

I may have to try BT, I haven't try it ever since the nerf.
I don't remember so I can't say for sure, but probably double Doran's into BT. Then grab GA, Frozen Mallet, and LW in whatever order makes sense.
She does okay. Riot went out of their way to nerf her ratios because they don't want people doing it and I don't think she's great at it. She's a better top laner where you can build on hit stuff.

Pancakes

Not sure if honor system is making people less assholish, or if I just got good teammates.

aaveo.png

Either way, today was a good day.

I went top as Cho last night too. Laned against... Nasus.

That was such a roflstomp lane. I decided to go REWQ. Molested him all day with E, used W to make him miss CS and Q to poke him once he's at his tower. Post-6, Skarner went to gank me, but I already had full stacks. Even after wither and pull I peeled them long enough to get to my tower but I was already at ~20% health. They dived at me. I Q'd Nasus at the tower and attacked him so he ate tower shots until he died. Skarner gets shot by the tower and got lowered to ~25% health. He went to hide to the golem bush but I know he's just waiting for me there. Luckily Warwick was really near so I pinged him. He ulted and I Q'd for another kill.

I didn't expect to snowball. There was one long series of fights at the enemy blue where players just came one by one. I somehow kept managing to get the kills and saving a lot of teammates with Q and W. Warwick even said "holy shit our tank is awesome". I had 4000 gold when I went home. I never had that much gold in SR since I had 6000 gold as jungle Skarner from a very very long time ago. Ended up with 11/2. :D

I don't know why I'm seeing so many Nasus this week. He's not even free.

Lulu was a pretty good mid back then but they nerfed the base damages and ratios so much. Riot hates it when champs aren't played the way they were designed (AP Rengar, AP Kog, AD Kennen, etc)

Lulu was a pretty good mid back then but they nerfed the base damages and ratios so much. Riot hates it when champs aren't played the way they were designed (AP Rengar, AP Kog, AD Kennen, etc)

But I still see all of those, Riot didn't even nerf hammer AP Rengar or Kog by much. She still does well mid, and her Q can farm minions in 1 Q that Xerath WISHED he could do. Low mana costs too so she can just poke all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom