• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know how the curse of Vayne is that friendly Vaynes always feed and enemy Vaynes always get fed? Well today I got a Vayne who went legendary by the end of the laning phase.

gg curse

Who then wandered away from the team for no reason and easily picked off by their Rengar, throwing the game.

GG CURSE TOO STRONG.

BOOTED FROM RANKED AGAIN SERVERS MAGICALLY UNAVAILABLE WHAT THE FUCK RIOT
b3UO6.png

dfsghjkgl

garath

That's pretty good. Too bad I'll never reach 1500 ELO...

I feel like I'm in the same boat. Being an avid watcher of the game (I have easily watched more games than I've played) I am probably a solid 1300-1400 player with moments of greatness and just as many moments of derp.

I'm 1203 right now having just finished my placement matches and have the potential to climb up there if I hit a good streak but it's thin and I've got other games to play. I reached my goal of having completed my placement matches and officially having an ELO so I feel good about it.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
The thing about ranked is that so long as you have above a 50% win rate, you'll probably climb in ELO. Unfortunately it takes a ton of games before you get comfortable with a certain role to the point where you can constantly dominate.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Kha 'Zix "I'm Rengar, except bad!"

Scy and some of the gaffer were doing really good with Kha'Zix, assassin is a difficult class to play. Unlike bruiser where you just follow some buid guide, jump headfirst into teamfight and QWER, good initiation is do or die for assassin.

I can see him turning into something like Shaco once his popularity ran out, most Shaco you see are pretty horrible champion, but he had something like ~56% win rate.

scy

Scy and some of the gaffer were doing really good with Kha'Zix, assassin is a difficult class to play. Unlike bruiser where you just follow some buid guide, jump headfirst into teamfight and QWER, good initiation is do or die for assassin.

I can see him turning into something like Shaco once his popularity ran out, most Shaco you see are pretty horrible champion, but he had something like ~56% win rate.

The more time I spend with Kha'zix, the more I think he's just a really good pub stomp champ in the same tier as Akali, Shaco, etc. He preys on disorganization and can easily destroy an ADC in a teamfight so he's a target worth focusing down, but, his ult and E give him options to shake it off really well. So a team that isn't really focusing well or doesn't know how to switch on-the-fly properly, he just causes all sorts of problems for them.

As for lane, his Q/Evolved Q hurts and the short cooldown (and practically nonexistent mana cost) makes it a good harass tool. His Evolved W may be the best part of his kit; gives him a wave clear, a multi-target slow, increases his damage by a fair amount (inflicts his passive), etc. The evolved E reset gives him some really awesome fun play, though maybe that's just me liking resets way too much, and it's just a good escape in general. Ult is ult.

I will say that he's like designed around taking advantage of snowballing. I mean, generally speaking, the worse you do in lane, the safer you play against your opponent. But, vs Kha'zix, the more space you give him, the more likely you're isolating yourself which is just an open invitation for an all-in (or just an EQW harass disengage combo). However, playing closer to your minion wave opens yourself up for just general auto+passive and Q harass which forces you to retreat ... into isolation and the all-in. It's just always bad news.

But, really, the best part of him is Gundam Scyther Mecha Mode with the oh-so-satisfying sound effects for when targets are isolated.

zkylon

zkylewd
I feel like I'm in the same boat. Being an avid watcher of the game (I have easily watched more games than I've played) I am probably a solid 1300-1400 player with moments of greatness and just as many moments of derp.

I'm 1203 right now having just finished my placement matches and have the potential to climb up there if I hit a good streak but it's thin and I've got other games to play. I reached my goal of having completed my placement matches and officially having an ELO so I feel good about it.
Getting a defeat costs twice as much elo as you'd get from a win, and I lose 30 a match, in many cases not even my fault (some guy feeds, dc, etc.). Sure, I'm not good enough to carry matches on my own, but it's pretty annoying to see you drop in elo because some dude's terrible and fed the enemy carry like crazy...

Blizzard

Banned
Getting a defeat costs twice as much elo as you'd get from a win, and I lose 30 a match, in many cases not even my fault (some guy feeds, dc, etc.). Sure, I'm not good enough to carry matches on my own, but it's pretty annoying to see you drop in elo because some dude's terrible and fed the enemy carry like crazy...
That defeat thing is only because you haven't played very many ranked games, presumably, and it thought based on the elo of everyone that you should have won the game, so you get a heavier penalty for losing. I don't know if there's a greater bonus for winning if you were supposed to lose.

If you play 200-300+ ranked games, it should go down to like +13 or -13 for pretty much every game, if I recall correctly.

Samurai Yi skins disappeared in a minute. Refresh, 502, refresh, 502, refresh, see 700+ remaining, click, 502, refresh, 502, refresh, codes gone.

Ferga

That defeat thing is only because you haven't played very many ranked games, presumably, and it thought based on the elo of everyone that you should have won the game, so you get a heavier penalty for losing. I don't know if there's a greater bonus for winning if you were supposed to lose.

If you play 200-300+ ranked games, it should go down to like +13 or -13 for pretty much every game, if I recall correctly.

With 100+ games played, it slows down to 10-14elo gained

I've never gotten or lost more than 10-14 in a normal ranked

Unless there is a duo queue with an eloplayer that is 200 elo above or below your current one. If this happens, you win far less if the high elo is in your team or you win more if the high elo is in the other team.

I've won 4 elo before with a 2000k elo player in my team and lost 16 with a 1800elo player on my team.

I'm in the 1500s for a reference

Ken

Dyrus Season 2 Finals Aftermath AMA/Conclusions

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofleg...rus_season_2_finals_aftermath_amaconclusions/

But before we go into this let me throw it out there that I was fully aware of what I was doing, every mistake, every pick, every action and I've learned a lot from it. It's not everyday you get to play a championship tier team and learn a lot from it. Much different then playing the usual NA teams or sometimes EURO teams (even though we lose to euro teams a lot still)
I will make no excuses of why we lost but I am here to provide my point of view and to answer why did you do this dyrus? why did tsm do that? I at least owe this much to the fans who have supported us all year long, or bystanders/non-supporters alike.

Oh man I just had such a good game, I feel like I should get some medals and trophies, maybe the Victoria Cross, something.
And another one, but then I disconnected several times in a row. The internet doesn't go out but I can't connect to anything Riot-related, and then it comes back. I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom