• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Not sure if honor system is making people less assholish, or if I just got good teammates.

Either way, today was a good day.

Now you mention it, ever since the honor system I had been raging a lot less against another gaffer. I felt like people been saying "gg wp" more often on losing game.

There's also an enemy lee sin gave me honor for saving him two time as alistar.

Let's see how long it'll last.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
But I still see all of those, Riot didn't even nerf hammer AP Rengar or Kog by much. She still does well mid, and her Q can farm minions in 1 Q that Xerath WISHED he could do. Low mana costs too so she can just poke all day.
Please leave Xerath alone. He's a boss and his Q is actually okay for farming.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Please leave Xerath alone. He's a boss and his Q is actually okay for farming.

Xerath is very useful champion, especially his ultimate letting him check opponent's ping from half a screen away.

Got hit by Ult once = opponent connection is ~250 ping
Got hit twice = ~800 ping
Got hit by all three = Save your ignite, your opponent disconnected, or their mouse is out of battery.

Imagine the advantage if your team know which enemy is lagging.

I don't know what riot is thinking, skill shot ultimate with cast delay and animation alert similar (but little shorter) like lux is horrible idea. Before the "fix", you can land all 3 ult in one stun, now you are lucky if you hit the first one with a stun. Xerath already require superior positioning to be useful, now he need superior positioning to whiff everything, they need to change his ult to something like corki's.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Not sure if honor system is making people less assholish, or if I just got good teammates.

aaveo.png

Either way, today was a good day.

"I'm on a win streak!"

"I should go play with my low ELO friends"

4wTDk.png

"Welp, back to Guild Wards 2"

Kathrus is really good if you can last hit under tower without pushing lane (make sure the q only hit 1 minion). Once Kathrus walk passed the middle, he is basically a free kill for the other AP.

--------

Someone teach me the secret of Fiora top... I can't beat Jayce for the life of me, and darus, and vlad, and all popular top. Only time I won a lane is when I go against teemo, mf, and... that's it.

That is the "secret" of Fiora top: she just isn't as good as the top tier tops.

Boken

Banned
"I'm on a win streak!"

"I should go play with my low ELO friends"

4wTDk.png

"Welp, back to Guild Wards 2"

"I should play with neogaf"

Kathrus is really good if you can last hit under tower without pushing lane (make sure the q only hit 1 minion). Once Kathrus walk passed the middle, he is basically a free kill for the other AP.

--------

Someone teach me the secret of Fiora top... I can't beat Jayce for the life of me, and darus, and vlad, and all popular top. Only time I won a lane is when I go against teemo, mf, and... that's it.

Fiora is one of the strongest level 2 champion

Enemy AP Teemo tries to trash talk when we are 4 vs 5. His team loses. Ahahahahah too funny. All the players on our team were being super nice too, offering to give mid, giving grats on good plays, thanking people. Got called the best Sona by my carry ^^. This is a crazy new world.

zkylon

zkylewd
Enemy AP Teemo tries to trash talk when we are 4 vs 5. His team loses. Ahahahahah too funny. All the players on our team were being super nice too, offering to give mid, giving grats on good plays, thanking people. Got called the best Sona by my carry ^^. This is a crazy new world.
Yeah, I think there's been a weird rush of niceness since the honor thing went up, but I doubt it'll last. Assholes gonna asshole.

definitely better community right now but it all depend on the reward.

What if the reward is
Increased ELO gain per win

GOOD PLAYERS RISE TO HEAVEN!

EDIT: I've played a few games, in all of them I've had post match friend requests where they beg for honor, feels like the TF2 hat situation.

How the hell does Vayne and Yi lose that hard to a Teemo?

I went 1v2 against Garen and Tryn and mopped the goddamn lane 10/0. I wish I could have helped from top but I can't.

One more reason why I'd rather play mid. Fix other lanes before it gets too awful. :mad:

Also am I the only one who goes W>Q for Cho?

Inskipp

Surrender at 20 just posted an article regarding the new HUD- changes, with a picture attached:

What do you guys think?

I'm personally not a fan of the ornate nature of it. Especially the trim-curves at the bottom hud elements feel a tad excessive. I like the little blips indicating skill level though, that's a nice touch.

I only want some more things from the new HUD:
- Enemy CS counter, so that it's easy to know how well you're faring against the enemy in lane
- Ally avatar beside minimap, helps make it easier to be aware of both map and ally health (Shen!)
- Ally SS/ult beside their avatar like in spectator. It's surprising how WAY many people don't know what the green dot means. ("gg noob shen not ulting me pls report")
- Champ avatar changes with the skin (option)

Old shoop

Skill levels are really welcome.

Remind me: was there an opacity setting for the HUD?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Surrender at 20 just posted an article regarding the new HUD- changes, with a picture attached:

What do you guys think?

I'm personally not a fan of the ornate nature of it. Especially the trim-curves at the bottom hud elements feel a tad excessive. I like the little blips indicating skill level though, that's a nice touch.
Uh, I guess it's okay. The current UI is pretty trash, and I was just looking over it today remarking as much. I don't think it really changes much of anything though. Boots and attack speed icons are way too similar.

garath

I only want some more things from the new HUD:
- Enemy CS counter, so that it's easy to know how well you're faring against the enemy in lane
- Ally avatar beside minimap, helps make it easier to be aware of both map and ally health (Shen!)
- Ally SS/ult beside their avatar like in spectator. It's surprising how WAY many people don't know what the green dot means. ("gg noob shen not ulting me pls report")
- Champ avatar changes with the skin (option)

Old shoop

Skill levels are really welcome.

Remind me: was there an opacity setting for the HUD?

It's better. Little cleaner, more info. I don't hate it.

garath

They should put the mana costs on the button for the ability too.

Oh that would be really helpful. So many times I'm mousing over to see if I have enough mana for a combo. I don't play enough to memorize all of them at all the different levels.

Spell levels are nice, but I don't like the look of it. It has so much wasted space and it looks out of place in LoL-land. It's too futuristic.

The world championships start in 21 hrs!:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494024

Starting off with Azubu Frost v iG, two of the best teams in the tournament. It should be a good game.

woot! I'll be watching.

brian!

I feel like any new iteration of the HUD should come with a certain degree of player customization. The icons for ad, ms, etc. remind me of flash games.

but in the end, i don't carrrrre as long as it's not terribly confusing or unintuitive

AcridMeat

Banned
I don't like that the top right stats are all colored the same. How is that easy to reference? Honestly it looks a little like Dota 2, in terms of the soft textures being used.

The bottom right icons are hard to make out because of the way its shaded as well.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't like how it looks and all that Arial fontage, but it's cleaner and easier to read, which is pretty good.

I really wish they added more pings for MIAs, buffs and such.

Blizzard

Banned
Wasn;t she just nerfed pretty big a month or two ago?
Her remake nerfed her ability numbers almost across the board if I recall correctly -- I think Scarra, one of the most well-known Kat players, commented that her early game became even more awkward. The idea was that the late game worked a bit better since you could melee people with W for extra damage even if they cancel your ult, assuming they don't kill you.

I didn't like the remake Katarina much, but I think the win rate went up so everyone else must have. Then yes, I think they nerfed her after the remake, and if there's another nerf coming up I guess I was right to be cynical when they originally came out with the remake. :( I wish they would have just left her alone, even if that made her unviable in most situations, rather than ending up in a place in which they keep chipping away at her abilities.

Ferga

How the hell does Vayne and Yi lose that hard to a Teemo?

I went 1v2 against Garen and Tryn and mopped the goddamn lane 10/0. I wish I could have helped from top but I can't.

One more reason why I'd rather play mid. Fix other lanes before it gets too awful. :mad:

Also am I the only one who goes W>Q for Cho?

I go E for jungle cho.

Red + E procs, never fail ganks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom