• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

For instance I dont see the benefit of holding A down to last hit vs right clicking.

Just to expand on this, A-Click gives you an Attack Move command. That is, you attack the target clicked or attack the closest target to your champion in the direction you clicked. It's the latter that's important. If you miss right-clicking a minion or champion or whatever, you'll move next to them; if you miss A-Click a target, you'll just attack nearest target.

Basically, it's to keep accidental movements from happening.

My favorite champs so far are Anivia, Fizz, Diana [mids] , Malphite[top], trist and twitch[adc].
I would appreciate some commentary pertaining to smartcasting the abilities of these specific champions and its benefits.

The biggest thing you'd notice is Anivia's Q and Diana's Q as firing faster due to not having to hit Q, aim, click. You get to aim, Q. That's it. It removes a fraction of a second of delay. Like ... that's really it. It removes that extra click at the end but, sometimes, it's the most important thing in the world.

If you have him, the most obvious case of how great this is is with Ryze. He tends to mash all of the buttons (QRWEQEQWQEQ etc. etc.) so having to do Q-Click, R, W-Click, E-Click, Q-Click, E-Click, etc. 10+ times in an engage will eventually cost you.

Yeah, they're really trying to pigeonhole champs in more and more specific roles...

I hate that.

It's not really trying to pigeonhole her so much as it was kind of absurd she got so much free Armor and MR out of Cougar form. Granted, they maybe could've just reduced it instead of lopping it all off but eh.

I dream of DFG BOTRK Kayle

I can try it at some point. Nashor's Liandry's BotRK Kayle!

Blizzard

Banned
It's not really trying to pigeonhole her so much as it was kind of absurd she got so much free Armor and MR out of Cougar form. Granted, they maybe could've just reduced it instead of lopping it all off but eh.
Why was it absurd if her teamfighting was already bad? Was she too dominating as a laner or split pusher?

Well to be fair, she could melt people early. If you land a Q, it applies denting blows immediately so she gets the bonus attack speed, armor shred and the 6% bonus damage. Then a couple Es and autos (with red buff there's no getting away short of the flash) they're dead.
Well this is one of the many things I didn't understand about Vi, then. I thought if you landed a Q, it only applied one stack of denting blows, and you still had to autoattack two more times before you got the bonus attack speed.

scy

Why was it absurd if her teamfighting was already bad? Was she too dominating as a laner or split pusher?

Because Armor/MR Costs were adjusted and the built-in ones like her Cougar form weren't.

This should apply to a lot of other free-stats so we'll see if Jayce, Elise, etc. are tweaked as well.

Well this is one of the many things I didn't understand about Vi, then. I thought if you landed a Q, it only applied one stack of denting blows, and you still had to autoattack two more times before you got the bonus attack speed.

Q gives one stack. You then Auto and then E for the other two. This should always happen unless they manage to Flash/CC right when Q lands. And since it's an Auto + E, that's "practically instant" once the Q lands (basically just the attack animation frames to deal with).

@Vi changes - It's primarily focused on slowing down her jungle clear for 1-6 and giving her slightly lower base stats. She's still meant to "turn on" at 6 and it seems they're perfectly fine with what she does when she has her ult.

Leezard

Yes, you only got one stack. To activate the W, you need to autohit + E. You will get it pretty much guaranteed if you hit your Q though.

Boken

Banned

I dunno, but the free MR per level and catform MR was pretty lame in mid

Because Armor/MR Costs were adjusted and the built-in ones like her Cougar form weren't.

This should apply to a lot of other free-stats so we'll see if Jayce, Elise, etc. are tweaked as well.

Q gives one stack. You then Auto and then E for the other two. This should always happen unless they manage to Flash/CC right when Q lands. And since it's an Auto + E, that's "practically instant" once the Q lands (basically just the attack animation frames to deal with).

@Vi changes - It's primarily focused on slowing down her jungle clear for 1-6 and giving her slightly lower base stats. She's still meant to "turn on" at 6 and it seems they're perfectly fine with what she does when she has her ult.
Vi's ult is so terrible. The only counter play in it is to hope/force the Vi to overextended and so you kill her... I think they should just remove the hard AOE cc (knockback but no interrupt) on it if they want that to be the case. Either way they're just gonna end up neutering her over and over (and mr chain cc xinzhao)

garath

Yes, you only got one stack. To activate the W, you need to autohit + E. You will get it pretty much guaranteed if you hit your Q though.

Yeah, what they said. I was incorrect :) The Q is key though, the stun gives her the Auto->E is very very quick and it was a ton of early game damage.

Vi's ult is so terrible. The only counter play in it is to hope/force the Vi to overextended and so you kill her... I think they should just remove the hard AOE cc (knockback but no interrupt) on it if they want that to be the case. Either way they're just gonna end up neutering her over and over (and mr chain cc xinzhao)

I watched Vi die mid-ult and the target flash away only to die a second later to a dead Vi. Dead Vi OP.

There's like no point of calling positions sometimes

half the people don't even care lol

I call top, 30 seconds later someone calls top and autolocks

Why do people do this

Also how can someone JUST press accept, then go afk?

Boken

Banned
There's like no point of calling positions sometimes

half the people don't even care lol

I call top, 30 seconds later someone calls top and autolocks

Why do people do this

Also how can someone JUST press accept, then go afk?

What level are you at now?

Generally I feel like its easier to be the flexible one while leveling and hope drafting is nicer to you at lvl 30

What level are you at now?

Generally I feel like its easier to be the flexible one while leveling and hope drafting is nicer to you at lvl 30

I've been level 30 for months lol. Barely play ranked though..I don't think my blood pressure could take it

Boken

Banned
Well if you hate where you are in normals (why u play blind) and you dont believe you belong there, ranked gives you the opportunity of a fresh start

scy

I might just be thinking of the Number of Wins aspect, which is only sort-of correlated with MMR. I'll double-check.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It doesn't really matter. Ranked is still a fresh start if your normal MMR sucks.

Boken

Banned
I might just be thinking of the Number of Wins aspect, which is only sort-of correlated with MMR. I'll double-check.

i see.
but yeah we know #wins doesnt tell u #losses so its not even related to MMR

shifty eyes

in addition to that tho, you still start with the standard elo in ranked

scy

:lol

My response is a lot different now!

I think it still weighs heavier on the current queue though. I have very few TT games played (~70?) and it still keeps me around the lower end of the TT win count for games despite ~1000 wins. And I do think Placements in general are tighter on who you get matched against.

Then again, I also keep getting Diamond opponents and then Bronze in TT so the fuck do I know.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
this game is dumb. sona morde bot. ad carry role is ded.
TULSHEc.jpg

Once you start playing ranked, normals feel... boring. Like there is nothing on the line.

But yes, ranked can drive you crazy lol.

I said it before, I'll say it again.

My first ranked match went like this:

Randomdude1414:Guys please play smart and don't feed them. We'll win.

Randomdude has been slayed

I said it before, I'll say it again.

My first ranked match went like this:

Randomdude1414:Guys please play smart and don't feed them. We'll win.

Ranked is no better from my experience: Silver/4 here.

garath

Those new pings are pretty sweet. Going to take a little getting used to though.

edit: Anyone play Vi or Xin Zhao on the new patch yet?

Those new pings are pretty sweet. Going to take a little getting used to though.

edit: Anyone play Vi or Xin Zhao on the new patch yet?

I played a game with Vi. She is still strong. Clears the first set of camps a little bit slower and the early gank is not as strong but She picks back up in midgame. But this was still in placement matches. And the other players were not that strong.

Ferrio

Banned
NO YOU SUCK.

Syndra's been really strong for ages (hence why I'm trying to learn her) but she's not that common because a) people haven't fully realised it yet and b she's kinda hard to play.

I imagine we'll see a lot of people try her and fail miserably in solo queue.

Like I have been Q_Q

She's been my goto mid when Diana took the nerfbat. Think one of the reasons I do better than I should be doing with her is lots of people don't know what to do against her or even know what she does.

She's been my goto mid when Diana took the nerfbat. Think one of the reasons I do better than I should be doing with her is lots of people don't know what to do against her or even know what she does.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

In fairness I've only played 2 games with her, one where I had a troll Fizz in my lane and another where I was against a fed AP Yi (who already counters Syndra pretty hard) because my team kept dying to him and the bear.

I've got her mechanics pretty much down, I tend to pick up champions really easily, but it's just getting to the level where I position myself properly in team fights so I don;t get blasted immediately.

I can bully hard in lane, generally, and I gank well (maining jungler helps that) but I need to work on my team fights.

garath

I played a game with Vi. She is still strong. Clears the first set of camps a little bit slower and the early gank is not as strong but She picks back up in midgame. But this was still in placement matches. And the other players were not that strong.

That's good. Vi, Nocturne and Xin have been my goto junglers for the last few weeks. Would like to keep it that way.

I'm sorely disappointed Hecarim didn't get that much of a nerf. Guess I'm going to have to pick him up.

Q8D3vil

That's good. Vi, Nocturne and Xin have been my goto junglers for the last few weeks. Would like to keep it that way.

I'm sorely disappointed Hecarim didn't get that much of a nerf. Guess I'm going to have to pick him up.

fucking hell, Hecarim is must have for junglers right now.

Ferrio

Banned
Yeah, I know what you mean.

In fairness I've only played 2 games with her, one where I had a troll Fizz in my lane and another where I was against a fed AP Yi (who already counters Syndra pretty hard) because my team kept dying to him and the bear.

I've got her mechanics pretty much down, I tend to pick up champions really easily, but it's just getting to the level where I position myself properly in team fights so I don;t get blasted immediately.

I can bully hard in lane, generally, and I gank well (maining jungler helps that) but I need to work on my team fights.

Last game I played with her wasn't that great... against an akali. Damn mana restrictions.... might have to redo my runes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom