• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
You have moved beyond blaming your team to blaming your entire league. You are not even winning your lane that hard, the scores you put up aren't even impressive, so why expect to carry or win? If your lane is so easy destroy the turret and move around the map to get things done.

Honestly I find it surprising that you are even Gold. Focus on improving your play and stop worrying about your ranking. You aren't building the right items, making plays, or creating good comps with your picks.

I'm saying this as a reflection of the entire game. If it's a team game I expect people to play like a team game. Is expecting that philosophy from people who have earned their way into gold really that big of a deal? I don't think this is a simple matter of saying "you're blaming the team" or "you're blaming the league." If people are playing a team-based game like a single-player there's something wrong with that situation. As I said, my team did fine during laning phase. It's not a matter of getting mechanics down or what not. I could always be improving on that. My focus was on how people don't play as a team. That's all.

Also, what's wrong with my build? I built aegis because no one at the time was building tanky enough and my MF was getting shut down. I thought it was a proper response to the situation at hand. Also, I was constantly buying wards which was the reason why I had such few items.

The team's score was wholy unimpressive. Considering what was happening, my score actually isn't terrible. I don't get why you're constantly going back to the lane argument. It's completely irrelevant to what I'm saying. I never said my lane was easy/we stomped them nor did I say we were losing.

There's nothing I can do about team comp or making plays when people are not grouping up. I'm describing situations that are outside of my control. Obviously I'm going to tune myself since that's something I can do but I'm merely complaining and addressing points that i recently came across. It just happened that it made me upset.

My problem with the game isn't about me improving. I should always be striving to improving. However, I did want to bring up the point, and vent, that there are people who play this game like it's a single player game. Now it's rare that this happened. All of my games during placement matches and a few afterwards were filled with people who wanted to communicate and work as a team. This was awesome. However, I've noticed the trend that most of the matches I've played in gold were games where people just do things on their own and don't work together as a team. I'm only connecting the dots and making an assessment. I just happened to realize it after I entered gold because it was never an issue that I had before. That and I've been spoiled by pre-made GAF games.

Regardless, if you're intent on bringing up irrelevant points then by all means do so. However, I think you're completely missing the fact that there are people who play the game in the manner I described, and I just happened to be unlucky to get them 3 times in a row.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I get what you're saying. This game seems to really only be fun when I'm playing with friends and giving zero fucks.

JesseZao

We all play this game. We know people are bad. There is a line we don't need to cross when in chat. Just think if you were in mixed company, would you say all of those things? No reason to get so upset over a leisure activity. Play to win, but don't rage.

Inskipp

We all play this game. We know people are bad. There is a line we don't need to cross when in chat. Just think if you were in mixed company, would you say all of those things? No reason to get so upset over a leisure activity. Play to win, but don't rage.
This guy, he gets it.

Agkel

jNgLwQH.jpg

Feels good man!

I know I'm playing like crap but they really knocked out of the park how fun quinn is!

Agkel

Lol. Oh my.

Some people.

Should I buy Quinn guys? I saw her a few times tonight and didn't really see the power.

Buy her, I'm a shit player and I'm winning, the only reason I have a lot of deaths is because I ger cocky fast and were already winning so I go crazy.

edit: @ mid game im positive kdr, then I throw gg lol
Going to play a more conservative late game to not feed now tho

edit2: welp got the first group of meta sheep tonight. Time to bail out.
Paraphrasing them, they queued together btw,

-----"Hah adc mid? wtf you're such a noob"
-----"Yeah, go play your little champion against little girls" <<<This was actually said verbatim
-----"Not going to gank for you brah lol"

Went agains malz, was doing ok until their lee sin started to camp mid lane, I constantly asked for help and the jungler replied with "I told yah no ganks"
I'm doing ok considering, I die a second time with me having the only two kills in our team, and they started

-----"gg, quinn"
-----"you're getting reported"
-----"yah, were all reporting you"

To finish it, we would engage in team fights and after engaging they purposely left me alone in the fights, saying in all "focus quinn"

I honestly dont know what their problem was, perhaps they were trying to get me to curse or be toxic so they could actually report me, but I just shrugged it off and continued dying happily. super edit: Didnt count anyways, since we got kicked and it is now Loss Prevented.

Tumble dodging skillshots make me feel super pro. All those ABAM games are starting to help because every game is Lux-Nidalee-Yi-Blitz-random game.

Macattk15

What's Ziggs like these days?

Actually viable, or...?

My Ziggs stats in ranked ...

27 8.8/game 3.1/game 8.4/game 208.6/game

I'm not really afraid of anyone mid ... well I guess Fizz but he really isn't played much. You can always just sit back and farm with your Q if you're afraid of your lane.

And as long as you are good with skill shots you'll constantly mess people up.

And speaking of Syndra ... never played her till just now. Went 9-3 in my first game ranked with her vs. Nidalee mid.

Ez.

I noticed that some of the animations were off when I was practicing with a new champion in a custom match. When the Ryze bot used his Spell Flux, he shot out a blue square.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah. I'm just bringing up the point. That's all. Preaching to the choir and all.
I do appreciate your need to vent, and I support it because I think that's what's nice about this thread and all, but in the end the only thing we know for sure is that great players rise to the top in spite of shitty teammates, so all you can do is think of what you could do better and improve as much as you can.

That, and play with friends as much as you can. When I'm playing with my friends the game is amazingly enjoyable, we countergank, counterjungle, have wards everwhere, bait favorable teamfights, etc., so much coordination is the most enjoyable aspect of the game, and it's just impossible to achieve without skype.

Speaking of which, my headset broke and it's making sounds that give all my friends headaches, gotta buy a new one T_T

Been a while without one of these lol

Quinn feels like garbage in teamfights. But she's fucking OP 1v1 or chasing down people / split pushing.
I imagine her ult might be pretty useful to get away from divers in a teamfight. She gets some breathing room while she gets some peel, then gets back into action.

Maybe?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
My performance of Quinn right now is exactly the same as when I first tried Ahri. Extremely shitty. I need to have a better understanding of how to play her. By that I mean copying how someone else plays her. lololol

@zkylon: thanks for being understanding bro. you're such a bro. =)

LOL IS OUT FOR MAC SQUEE

Back when they shitcanned the old Mac beta, they sent an email to everyone who used it, saying that the development was being discontinued, we'll refund all the money you've spent on microtransactions, etc if you want to.

I figured, well fuck, when I really think of it, playing this game just makes me angry, I might as well stop playing and get my 20 bucks or whatever back, I won't need to those characters and skins anyways.

When I got the money paypal'd to me a month later it turned out to be $180.

got forced in to top with her. i have absolutely no idea how items work and with no guide i just bought whatever lol

zJDoQaB.png

well we won. not sure if i was helpful or not.

Khazix and Lee sin on my team going bot

2nd ranked match..

Should I dodge..

This is going to be ugly

Our jungle warwick fed their ADC

We didn't have a ranged ADC, and bot lane still got bodied.

I won my lane, most farm in the game and only died once in the end. I swear people are actually worse in ranked. Or I get the dumbest on my team.. like I should've seen it coming when I had Lee Sin/Khazix bot, no one wanted to buy wards.

Once again, other lanes lose, jungle fail ganks over and over, and I win my lane. Deja vu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom