• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.
More importantly, they're gonna make Megaman Lux's E visible-r. I hope they make it blue and pretty.

which one is megaman lux, steel legion? I like the light binding effect on it already!

I kind of want a legendary skin for Lux, I don't own any legendaries but I do own every Lux skin.

Turn them into a bot.

Seriously, the game became so much better after I discovered and started liberally using the mute feature.

It's OK, I played 4 games of DotA 2 after I wrote that post and was immediately reminded that it is, in fact, possible to create a worse solo queue experience.

zkylon

zkylewd
which one is megaman lux, steel legion? I like the light binding effect on it already!
Yeah, Steel Legion.

And Light Binding is her Q, Lucent Singularity is her E.

To be honest, both spells are kinda hard to see, so I'm all in for them to make them more easily readable. I have no problems because I have a billion matches as Lux and just have the range, speed and feel in my blood.

Yeah, Steel Legion.

And Light Binding is her Q, Lucent Singularity is her E.

Yeah, I know, that's what I meant :p I was excited to hear they might upgrade the E visuals as well?

To be honest, both spells are kinda hard to see, so I'm all in for them to make them more easily readable. I have no problems because I have a billion matches as Lux and just have the range, speed and feel in my blood.
I don't see how the E is hard to read, like you I've played Lux a shit-ton so I guess I'm used to it?

zkylon

zkylewd
I kind of want a legendary skin for Lux, I don't own any legendaries but I do own every Lux skin.
Megaman Lux is already pretty Legendary-ish. It has animations, a cool laser and a super duper awesome recall animation.

I want a Lux skin with a fun skirt :O

Yeah, I know, that's what I meant :p I was excited to hear they might upgrade the E visuals as well?
They're not touching any skins' particle effects but Megaman's and it's only making her E more visible, no upgrades. So if you're a horrible person you could even see it as a nerf.

I just hope they'll at least paint it blue. Blue's a pretty color.

I don't see how the E is hard to read, like you I've played Lux a shit-ton so I guess I'm used to it?
I can see it but I can tell it's hard to read, like Syndra's skin's yellow balls.

59PY4hn.png

Riot pls. (+2 LP)

J-Rzez

Megaman Lux is already pretty Legendary-ish. It has animations, a cool laser and a super duper awesome recall animation.

I want a Lux skin with a fun skirt :O

Same on the skirt thing. I mean, the Sorc one is kinda nice, just don't like the hat much.

The steel legion one just came out like a month ago right? I won't be on sale for a while i guess?

What item builds do you guys use for Lux in a full on AP build usually?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Skipped a whole tier lol.

XfD3GcH.png

rhEkfYx.png

I'm gunning for gold then calling it a season.

Same on the skirt thing. I mean, the Sorc one is kinda nice, just don't like the hat much.

The steel legion one just came out like a month ago right? I won't be on sale for a while i guess?

Usually standard stuff, double dorans into rabadons, some CDR stuff like Athene's

Some people do chalice -> Athene's first, but I like to just rely on landing one full combo at level 6-9 after landing a few Es and autos. You should have blue at level 7ish anyway.

Late game I like Liandry's Torment because Lux has two long range ways to snare/slow.

zkylon

zkylewd
I want more sparks on lux's E.
More sparks on everything! You can't have enough sparks!

Sorc's got a pretty hideous splash art and the design in general is also kinda dumb imo.

And yeah, it'll be a while 'til Megalux gets on sale. It's 975, so it's still a pretty good deal for a bunch of new particle effects and dat recall animation.

Usually start one or two fairie charms plus pots/wards, I build that into a chalice, then deathcap, athene's, void staff and zhonya's.

Do one fairie charm if you know you're gonna build morellos (they have a voli, mundo, yi, etc.) or if you're really gonna need the ward because you're expected to get ganked early (mao, alistar, etc.), if not, I really like getting that early chalice to stay in lane indefinitely.

You can change things up and get zhonyas instead of deathcap or rush athene's, or stick a liandry's somewhere, but the above build is usually foolproof.

Also suck on those blue elixirs whenever you don't have blue buff on. More lasers is always good.

tl; dr: Get tons of damage and 40% CDR and go play laser tag.

Usually standard stuff, double dorans into rabadons, some CDR stuff like Athene's

Some people do chalice -> Athene's first, but I like to just rely on landing one full combo at level 6-9 after landing a few Es and autos. You should have blue at level 7ish anyway.

Late game I like Liandry's Torment because Lux has two long range ways to snare/slow.
Double doran's is kind of a waste right now, it really slows down your build, I sometimes buy one if I'm behind but most cases you're probably better off just buying an amplifying tome/ruby crystal.

Also someone correct me if I'm wrong but Liandry doesn't do double damage off Lux's E, since the effect ends as soon as you blow it up. It's still a pretty good item if they're stacking health or you're going poke comp.

Gotta love that Riot logic. Remake BotRK into a bruiser and health stacker beater, want to put focus on the active...

Nerf active so that it's less effective against bruisers.

*facepalm*

Now bruisers and tanks just have to build Sunfire to reduce the active's effect and Randuin's to reduce the attack speed, two items that are already part of their normal build path, and BotRK becomes useless.

Leezard

Gotta love that Riot logic. Remake BotRK into a bruiser and health stacker beater, want to put focus on the active...

*facepalm*

Now bruisers and tanks just have to build Sunfire to reduce the active's effect and Randuin's to reduce the attack speed, two items that are already part of their normal build path, and BotRK becomes useless.

But if they build Warmogs + Sunfire + Randuins, you shouldn't only have a BotRK. If they don't build Warmogs, you probably are better off with pure damage and armor pen. Remember BotRK was intended for a "health stacker" beater, not an "all kinds of defense" beater. Right now, everyone builds BotRK because it's just too good.

But they buy all three anyway, because all three give health. Sunfire + Warmog's is standard for every bruiser, and Randuin's too. The idea of it was that it was supposed to give AD carries some kind of counter to that build, so they can actually put out some damage before they get jumped on and destroyed by the enemy frontline. I'm not saying it didn't need a nerf, I personally think its a ridiculously schizophrenic item with the amount of stats it gives, but what they did nerf is counter-intuitive to what they wanted to do with the item itself, specifically the change to the active. They pretty much said so in the post themselves.

The problem is health stacking itself gives too much free stats alongside it, or rather items give too much health. They keep trying these ways of countering health stacking when they need to just nerf it instead. I don't get why they're so adverse to nerfing health stacking.

scy

They nerfed the Heal on it. The damage was always mitigated.

Which is how it was supposed to be countered. Armor stacking rather than Health stacking.

Edit: Though we can get into a debate on why the Armor stacking items give so much Health ;_;

Which is how it was supposed to be countered. Armor stacking rather than Health stacking.

Edit: Though we can get into a debate on why the Armor stacking items give so much Health ;_;

I know it was the heal was nerfed. My point was that the heal becomes ineffective now that a bruiser's natural build order counters it anyway.

Again, as I said, those items were a bruiser's normal build path anyway because of the health and other stats they give. BotRK was designed as a counter to that, but now it isn't. The difference between mitigation and non-mitigation in the heal could be the difference between escaping with your life as an ADC or getting totally face rolled. Again.

All this just points to how poorly thought out an item change it was.

garath

BOTRK nerf is here

Ouch. That item cost :(

It's still going to be my first or second item on Nocturne. The lifesteal plus attack speed is wonderful on him and the extra minion damage is like a second butcher's knife. It's also pretty good for a jungle Vi. edit: not to mention the active slow effect. That's huge - especially for Nocturne. Ult->Botrk->Q->Fear. Short of flashing, they're not getting out of range of the fear with the botrk slow on them. Sometimes even flashing doesn't do it.

I'm going to have to evaluate the new cost in a game though. Right now I get boot first back, cutless and bezerker greaves second back then usually hold out to get botrk. I guess an extra 350 isn't too bad, but that's almost a spirit stone upgrade in itself. :(

I know it was the heal was nerfed. My point was that the heal becomes ineffective now that a bruiser's natural build order counters it anyway.

Again, as I said, those items were a bruiser's normal build path anyway because of the health and other stats they give. BotRK was designed as a counter to that, but now it isn't. The difference between mitigation and non-mitigation in the heal could be the difference between escaping with your life as an ADC or getting totally face rolled. Again.

All this just points to how poorly thought out an item change it was.

It was only the active heal that was nerfed. The passive that does damage based on current health is still the same. It's still supposed to be a health killer item. The only thing that changed in regards to armor is the active heal. I don't even think they changed the active nuke, just the heal portion of it. So the item still works as intended. You get a slow and a max health active nuke on an item with an absurd amount of attack speed and lifesteal. It's still a health stacking counter. Because of course as they are buying armor items, a damage dealer should be building armor pen items. We just got to a place where stacking health was cheaper and more effective than armor because of the abundance of armor pen items. botrk still serves a function (at least on paper) of countering that health stacking.

If there was a single item that does it all, the game would be very boring. That's why they hotfixed botrk.

Boken

Banned
Its still a bruiser beater because MS% is more valuable on carries

it is a shame that the active will heal you less but it will stil heal you more than it does bruisers and it was way too good before. i dont know what to say, and im not even a bruiser player

i agree that it has too many stats tho. mae it 2 items pls riot

15AD 5% curr hp shred (half leeched as hp) 40% AS
60AD active: 15% max hp lifesteal, MS steal for 4s. 90s cd, auto attacks reduce cd by 1s.
ez pz

ent frm ma phone

erragal

And in theory it was working just fine. A straight wardens mail was extremely effective against botrk even pre-nerf and you could then work towards your aegis/locket and get the randuins later. The bigger problem was that perception of its raw power was so great and solo queue doesn't adapt fast enough that it was warping the game far too exponentially.

scy

The problem with BotRK was that it was so good across the board: Everyone was buying it. Junglers, Tops, and ADCs. Even if you didn't need/want to itemize ASPD, BotRK was still being grabbed. And then, on top of that, it was extremely cost efficient. They want it to be primarily an ASPD item with some melees that could benefit (Jax, Irelia, Fiora, etc.)

And it's still designed as a counter to Warmog's. And, even with the nerf, it's still better than most other options for any other Health stacking. Randuin's + Sunfire is better vs it than Warmog's + Anything. It's essentially forcing Randuin's + Sunfire to be the first two tank items which then means AP stands out again. And it ignores the cost effectiveness of BotRK vs the item counters for it (effectively needing 1.5 items vs it); BotRK means punishing a situation that built Health. If you get it and sit and farm until the tanks build the counter for it, that's your own damn fault, really.

And in theory it was working just fine. A straight wardens mail was extremely effective against botrk even pre-nerf and you could then work towards your aegis/locket and get the randuins later. The bigger problem was that perception of its raw power was so great and solo queue doesn't adapt fast enough that it was warping the game far too exponentially.

Warden's Mail alone (with no Health items) made BotRK a bad first item choice until you got a Damage item with it. Humorously enough, BotRK improves vs Randuin's (for 100%-80% or so) due to the additional Health.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure the problem was that every top and Jungler was getting it, hence why they did -AD/+Cost rather than -AD/-ASPD. There were three or four BotRK per side per game. That's 45-60% Max Health on a relatively short cooldown. It should not be an item every single person is getting.

Leezard

But they buy all three anyway, because all three give health. Sunfire + Warmog's is standard for every bruiser, and Randuin's too. The idea of it was that it was supposed to give AD carries some kind of counter to that build, so they can actually put out some damage before they get jumped on and destroyed by the enemy frontline.

But if they have Warmogs + Randuins + Sunfire you should reasonably have (at least) IE + BotRK + LW, and you really shouldn't have a problem dealing with them then. Perhaps not 1v1, but in, you know, a 5v5 game.

But if they have Warmogs + Randuins + Sunfire you should reasonably have (at least) IE + BotRK + LW, and you really shouldn't have a problem dealing with them then. Perhaps not 1v1, but in, you know, a 5v5 game.

In a 5 v 5 situation it's potentially worse, since the ADC is the one that's going to get dived on if the enemy is doing its job right. Like I said, the heal change could be the difference between flashing away with your life or being face rolled while you're still stunned by a Renekton or whatever.

scy

What is a good anti-burst damage item?

Warmog's, generally. Getting more Health is what lets you deal with burst champions since they tend to hope to kill you in their burst otherwise they have nothing.

...of course, building Health does mean that both AD and AP champions have something for it now. It's no longer the catch-all response with no counter.

Basically, they're trying to realign the whole AD v AP aspect by giving more ways to counter Health and promoting more balanced (e.g., having an actual threatening AP) team comps rather an all AD all the time (which, admittedly, is a lot rarer now than a month ago).

If you build Health to counter both AD and AP, they both now can itemize for it; if you build to counter one, the other dominates you.

In a 5 v 5 situation it's potentially worse, since the ADC is the one that's going to get dived on if the enemy is doing its job right. Like I said, the heal change could be the difference between flashing away with your life or being face rolled while you're still stunned by a Renekton or whatever.

Here's the thing though: Warmog's + Randuins + Sunfire is less efficient at doing it's job than IE + BotRK + LW + Zeal (just to match the costs, Pickaxe functions here or whatever) is at dealing with those. All that Health on those items still means BotRK is getting a lot of power and LW is better at ripping Armor than those items are at giving it.

The problem is health stacking itself gives too much free stats alongside it, or rather items give too much health. They keep trying these ways of countering health stacking when they need to just nerf it instead. I don't get why they're so adverse to nerfing health stacking.

The problem is Giant's Belt being a component of Warmogs, Sunfire's and Randuins.

Even Locket uses kindlegem... need more things like Thornmail or FH.

Leezard

Here's the thing though: Warmog's + Randuins + Sunfire is less efficient at doing it's job than IE + BotRK + LW + Zeal (just to match the costs, Pickaxe functions here or whatever) is at dealing with those. All that Health on those items still means BotRK is getting a lot of power and LW is better at ripping Armor than those items are at giving it.
Indeed.

Macattk15

First game of the day as Akali, get matched against a Syndra.

Someone hates me.

Edit: and this one is against a Lux. Sad face :(

Akali should poop on Syndra? Sure you still gotta watch out for her ult ... but anything that gets in Syndra's face is not fun to face. If you really wanna bone Syndra just play Kassadin.

Ferrio

Banned
Akali should poop on Syndra?

No. Pre six akali has nothing on syndra. If syndra hits 6 first she's dead. If she doesn't pressure her good and/or get a kill by lvl 6... then things will start to look bad but still managable. Depends a lot on whether syndra gets blue.

garath

Akali should poop on Syndra? Sure you still gotta watch out for her ult ... but anything that gets in Syndra's face is not fun to face. If you really wanna bone Syndra just play Kassadin.

No. Pre six akali has nothing on syndra. If syndra hits 6 first she's dead. If she doesn't pressure her good and/or get a kill by lvl 6... then things will start to look bad but still managable. Depends a lot on whether syndra gets blue.

What Ferrio said.

Both Lux and Syndra are probably a skill matchup more than anything. Pre-6 akali struggles with any high damage AP (especially skillshot based ones that can hit her in shroud), post 6 I'd even say it leans in Akali's favor if she didn't get completely shut down.

Another vid. It's a parody from Rocky Balboa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kB_hrzmBsc

People ended up being actually moved by this; it feels good to contribute to the community. I hope you guys enjoy.

-Ak

Rofl, that was hilarious.

What Ferrio said.

Both Lux and Syndra are probably a skill matchup more than anything. Pre-6 akali struggles with any high damage AP (especially skillshot based ones that can hit her in shroud), post 6 I'd even say it leans in Akali's favor if she didn't get completely shut down.

I got completely shut down :'(

Couldn't even get fed off other lanes because they were losing so hard too. Jungler just camped me.

garath

Couldn't even get fed off other lanes because they were losing so hard too. Jungler just camped me.

That's what you gotta do against Akali. Make her useless. If I see an akali or a Kassadin on the opposing team while I'm jungling, I'm camping their lane.

Ashhong

so is BOTRK still awesome? I had been getting it on my Talon yesterday and it was awesome. Stll a viable item? Usually went brutalizer -> botrk -> IE -> LW -> whatever else I needed

garath

so is BOTRK still awesome? I had been getting it on my Talon yesterday and it was awesome. Stll a viable item?

It's significantly less awesome today. It's the same cost as a BT with a little less lifesteal and significantly less AD. It's still good against high health targets. I think it's still good on some champs that synergize real well with the active nuke/slow and the attack speed (like nocturne).

Talon probably wants BT first again.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
so is BOTRK still awesome? I had been getting it on my Talon yesterday and it was awesome. Stll a viable item? Usually went brutalizer -> botrk -> IE -> LW -> whatever else I needed

It's still good against the league of warmogs.

scy

Not sure why you'd be getting an IE on Talon to begin with. Bloodthirster works better for him.

BotRK also gives you an extra 15% MaxHP burst which helps him assassinate (and getting the fuck out) so it's not really that bad of a choice.

zkylon

zkylewd
First game of the day as Akali, get matched against a Syndra.

Someone hates me.

Edit: and this one is against a Lux. Sad face :(
You should stomp of them, provided you don't feed pre-6.

As Syndra so far I played like 5 matches, 3 against Akalis, 1 against a Fizz and the other against a Veigar.

Maybe it was me.

Yeah that's my strategy against Akali. I start with either doran's ring or two fairie charms and bitch slap her every chance I get. If I'm playing with a friendly jungler I'll buy a pink ward and just get her ganked two or three times pre-6.

Really that's my problem with Akali, she's too "easily" counterable, unless you're voyboy or something.

Margalis

Banned
Why do people always say that health counters burst and resistances counter DPS?

If someone does 2k damage to you all at once or does 2k damage in chunks of 100 it's still 2k damage and health or resistances will help the same against either.

If anything since Warmogs has decent health regen it should be better against DPS as you can regen over the course of the damage.

Am I just completely missing something? I feel like I must be since I see this repeated so often and I don't understand why.

scy

The thing with Akali is that if you don't know how to play her then you're pretty fucked. You need to know your damages and cooldowns so you know what you can get away with. Many don't and don't know what's a healthy trade and what isn't (or don't know how to turn a free harass into a trade).

Why do people always say that health counters burst and resistances counter DPS?

If someone does 2k damage to you all at once or does 2k damage in chunks of 100 it's still 2k damage and health or resistances will help the same against either.

If anything since Warmogs has decent health regen it should be better against DPS as you can regen over the course of the damage.

Am I just completely missing something? I feel like I must be since I see this repeated so often and I don't understand why.

Health is cheaper.

Edit: To expand a bit, you have base Armor/MR to work with so the Health return per gold spent is better until you reach a certain threshold. Then it's more on raising them relatively equally since that gets the most increases in time to kill (...time to die?). Mitigation vs DPS is more that you're trying to minimize how much is lost per hit since you can do things to completely stop damage (force them to not attack, for instance) and you raise the value of sustain in the process compared to Health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom