• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I realized I don't really know what to do when I have optimal build and the game keeps going for like 15 minutes. Twiddle my thumbs and buy elixirs I guess.

Boken

Banned
I'll pick it back up more soon. Nami phase is kind of over.

Good game to anyone on my team last game. It was like Grace, Panda, RGB(?). Such a long game that my client crashed after it was over.

I dont mean just you

youre not special

nor the only supp fiddle player

Boken

Banned
is there any video stream of someone owning with quinn? even when i get some kills i can't do any damage with her and i'm always losing lane to other adcs that poke me to death. really don't know what to do with her.

Boken

Banned
They'll make Trinity Force Nidalee cool again some day.

Leaguepedia ‏@Leaguepedia
Matches starting soon at IEM Hanover! Blaze v. IM paiN v. GG first on http://bit.ly/Yc3QSo , and paiN v. GG on http://bit.ly/Yc3TO5

We should try to keep the IEM talk in the other thread, no?

Yeah I agree, we should probably go to the IEM thread (though i think thats dumb, since its two different games, some people talking about infestors, another about baron fight)

anyway, paiN v GBG has started.

It would be so hype if brasil could win

IEM thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=519144&page=2

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
They could easily overbuff/nerf certain items within a short timespan. Riot has been known for doing that on several occasions.
Trinity Force is probably dead for the foreseeable future. Even if Ice Fist gets nerfed Nidalee players grabbing Sheen would still have Lichbane.

Zeppelin

Bad excuses or not, in my experience it's better to just take on the support role yourself than force the "i are no supp!1" guy into it. Otherwise you'll just end up with a Taric starting Ruby Crystal and moving on to stun minions for 20 minutes... At least at my low elo.

Ken

Bad excuses or not, in my experience it's better to just take on the support role yourself than force the "i are no supp!1" guy into it. Otherwise you'll just end up with a Taric starting Ruby Crystal and moving on to stun minions for 20 minutes... At least at my low elo.

I had someone call support once and went Ruby Heart Lulu -> AD build so idunno.

Boken

Banned

This might be helpful:

-Korean community on how to play at low elo-
How to ban in Low ElO- LOW ELO have a tendency of Stonehenge worship and fear of machines. With Egyptian mythology. Malphite and Blizt and Amumu are feard in low ELO and should be perma banned to keep the morals of the low elo people. If they see enemy team have Malphite or Shen they think they lost from the start.

IF low elo died from a jungle jarvan gank- my bad, didnt pay attention.
IF low elo died from a jungle shen- I died because you did not ban Shen!!!!

This is retarded but they really think like this so it is better to ban godphite and shen. bliz and godmumu

who should you pick? pick FOTM. even if you are good with unorthodox picks just go with what is FOTM.
Akali is legendary!
Ryze for life: FXXX we are losing because of Trundle Master Trundle:??? Ryze (0/5/1) Trundle (8/1/7)

If you pick the supposed OP Champs enemy side start to fight from their pick/bans
When you see someone say plz give me mid, I will carry you! better give him that position because this guy probably are really really bad with other positions and that in other position he will be too heavy to carry.

Also some fun stories from korean community

In korea vayne with 3/5/0 is considered stronger compared to 0/0/0 vayne, because in one vayne guide the author claimed vayne should go for a kill and vayne with 3/5/0 can obliterate enemy team while vayne with 0/0/0 will not do anything for the team.

Wukong is called godkong and that level 2 wukong can never be defeated, because in one guide, the author said wukong is all about level 2 and that level 2 wukong can defeat level 3 darius while level 3 wukong will get destroyed by level 3 darius.

Swain was also claimed to be the perfect mid champ with no flaws and after that claim some korean community calls swain, Godwain and that he has no counter and if you lane against him you better be prepared to get pawned. (they are not seriously claming that Swain is super strong, but merely pointing out his strong lane phase as he is a lane bully or so.)

Zeppelin

This might be helpful:

That's pretty much what I do. I haven't seen an Amumu making it through champ select in months. Months.

I don't always give the guy calling mid what he wants though. It feels so good taking it from him, see him rage and threatening to troll pick for a while but then finally resort to the jungle.

Edit: GG vs. Blaze coming up @ IEM!

Siyou

So Ryze in Season 3... Beast.

If I'm getting shut down badly in mid lane I'll usually end up getting sapphire crystals if I only have 400 available and already have boots. With all the stuff he can get now, I'd say he has a severely intense advantage. For Magic Resist I usually build an anthene's. When using that Manamune and having 12% mana restored per kill... On top of the nice mana regen that's given. This makes a pretty decent place in my build if I need to go more tanky. Of course if I have no problems with my magic resist, Spell vamp it is then! However since nearly every match has spellcasters, I don't see the point.

Gotta say, with how much variety Ryze has now for builds, I see absolutely no reason to go anybody else. I love the guy.

So apparently this is the new Karma, a red apparently leaked it on the Garena forums.

Thoughts? Real or BS?

attachment.php

Neki

This might be helpful:

the malphite thing is the most annoying thing in the world

whenever I'm losing to a malphite, my team mates blame me not banning malphite

if we lose to any other hero, no one ever says anything.

bjaelke

Maybe it's a new skin to go along with her rework. Either way, I'm more excited for the skill set overhaul and to see if she'll keep the knockback on Heavenly Wave.

Ohnonono

After not playing for a long ass time I picked this back up again last night and have just been running bot games to get used to playing again. I have a lot of champs from back when I played but some of the new ones look really neat and wanted to get peoples opinion on them.

Volibear, Zyra, Nautilus, Thresh

Stuff I have played a decent ammount : Renekton, Kog-Maw, Sona, Wukong, Orianna, Trundle(jungled back before they changed the jungle)

My ID is Fizlah if anyone needs more LOL buddies.

falastini

I got a survey from RIOT with typical survey questions. But the second half of the survey was weird. It was all aesthetic questions about the skins and character art of Syndra, who I don't even own.

After not playing for a long ass time I picked this back up again last night and have just been running bot games to get used to playing again. I have a lot of champs from back when I played but some of the new ones look really neat and wanted to get peoples opinion on them.

Zyra is a really good support. Probably still a solid mid, but I have no experience.
Voli is a surprisingly good top-Bruiser against most champs, though nobody plays him up there for some reason. He has seen some play recently as jungle which he's also good. He suffers from being kitable in team fights.

Don't play the other two.

So fiddle's ult is awesomely OP on aram. His heal ratios are insane and combined with his fear it's borderline op. And dark wind on proving grounds gets maximum effectiveness. I love how much range the initial cast has. It brings me joy knowing how annoyed the enemy team probably was whenever I was casting dark wind :')

garath

Stuff I have played a decent ammount : Renekton, Kog-Maw, Sona, Wukong, Orianna, Trundle(jungled back before they changed the jungle)

My ID is Fizlah if anyone needs more LOL buddies.

Zyra is a great support, ok mid. If I have to support, I use Zyra or Sona. Unfortunately normals don't track but I easily have a 70%+ winrate with Zyra.

Thresh is a great support. He has a higher skill cap than a lot of the supports but very effective when used well. I tried him once and failed pretty miserably.

Volibear is turning into a popular jungler.

Nautilus used to be a pretty good jungler but he's fallen to the wayside. I think a few nerfs hit him hard.

Ohnonono

Zyra is a great support, ok mid. If I have to support, I use Zyra or Sona. Unfortunately normals don't track but I easily have a 70%+ winrate with Zyra.

Thresh is a great support. He has a higher skill cap than a lot of the supports but very effective when used well. I tried him once and failed pretty miserably.

Volibear is turning into a popular jungler.

Nautilus used to be a pretty good jungler but he's fallen to the wayside. I think a few nerfs hit him hard.

How unfortunate about Nautilus, he looks fun. Zyra and Volibear are looking like solid choices.

Ohnonono

volibear is free atm try him out

This is good news! My biggest issue with him is that I play a lot of Renekton and Wukong and he seems pretty similar to them. In order to play him much I would have to like him a good bit. Zyra seems neat because she can do some damage while supporting.

One thing I absolutely hate: someone calls and locks ADC, i call support, enter lane and find my ADC auto-attacking the lane to last-hit. Happens pretty often too.

Fucking really. I can't believe there are level 30s in 2013 who auto-attack to last hit.

This is good news! My biggest issue with him is that I play a lot of Renekton and Wukong and he seems pretty similar to them. In order to play him much I would have to like him a good bit. Zyra seems neat because she can do some damage while supporting.

IMO voli is most similar to singed. super tanky thanks to passive, moves fast, flips people and tables. fear instead of slow and big damage bite instead of poison, but yeah...

Ashhong

One thing I absolutely hate: someone calls and locks ADC, i call support, enter lane and find my ADC auto-attacking the lane to last-hit. Happens pretty often too.

Fucking really. I can't believe there are level 30s in 2013 who auto-attack to last hit.

Maybe he really wanted to push the lane

Speaking of, I should really learn strategies of when to push the lane. If you see the enemy jungler at top, should I push the lane hard so the enemy loses CS to the tower?

What does everyone think about Yorick? I heard that he's a great early game pusher but drops of at late game. I'd really like to play a champion who can make his own minions.

Blizzard

Banned
The sweet, sweet taste of winning 6 ranked games in a row only to gain a total of +10 LP. I'm now 8-1 as WW this season, like a boss.
Are you near the top of a division I? That might explain the low LP. Otherwise (or in addition to) prepare to lose like 19 points the next time you DON'T win. :p

garath

Speaking of, I should really learn strategies of when to push the lane. If you see the enemy jungler at top, should I push the lane hard so the enemy loses CS to the tower?

Basic times to push lane are:

- If the lane opponent backs or leaves lane (to gank, to get jungle camps, etc)
- Your opponent last hits very poorly under tower and you're well warded/have good escape/know the jungler isn't near (push against LeBlanc for example)
- You get a gank and want to/need to back

scy

Depends on the lane dynamic. If you're in a position of power, I'd do the opposite. Let the lane push to you and play the role of aggressively harassing their cs attempts (but still prioritizing your csing). Deny them their farm by being out beyond the minion line but still on the "safer" side of the lane. You don't even really need to attack them for this, honestly. A lot of people will just not approach what they see as a bad situation so you can just threaten the act of doing damage to them and have them zone themselves for you.

You push the lane to tower when you want to leave the lane (either to back, to roam, or to get jungle minions). Forcing them to last hit under tower is just an added bonus. Pushing to tower and then just sitting there for an extended period of time isn't really that effective.

If you do push to tower, try to do it after a cannon minion wave. Pushing to tower and getting the lane to reset sometimes makes you miss a few minions yourself and losing a cannon minion this way is awful :(

What a coincidence, my excuse was "I have no support" but this was because none of the supports seemed to click with me. This changed when I picked up Thresh yesterday as I really enjoyed him during his free week. Also, I am getting too close to 30 without having one.

So now I need to learn how to support. Any general tips? My general idea is to buy mostly wards and maybe boots until I can buy a Sightstone, get my 2nd tier boots (been doing Lucidity as it's a recomended item), and follow through with whatever recomended items seem good.

Any good guides on how to support in general or on Thresh support specifically? Text guides are preferred as I won't be able to watch any videos until tonight but either one works.

Most annoying is only having 2 Rune pages. Why the FUCK are these so expensive. I wouldn't mind it just being Runes that I have to buy but a whole page on top of runes is too much. Right now I have one page for AD and another for AP... so for now I guess we'll see how long I can last with these.

What do you mean by this? Do you mean auto attacking minions, pushing the lane and only getting the last hit by chance? I right click on a minion to last hit. Am I doing something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom