• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
For not having played LoL in over a year my return seems to be going relatively well:

suG13vY.png

Think I'll quit while I'm ahead. Those last two games were ARAM though with characters I've never played before, which is kind of fun for learning champs. Looking forward to the ARAM queue whenever it gets set up.

For not having played LoL in over a year my return seems to be going relatively well:

suG13vY.png

Think I'll quit while I'm ahead. Those last two games were ARAM though with characters I've never played before, which is kind of fun for learning champs. Looking forward to the ARAM queue whenever it gets set up.

I saw you in the EUNE channel today at level 1, did you just start a new account?

Ow ow ow ow ow. That hurt.

Played five games with my team there. Rolled a game as Malphite top. Tried Gangplank jungle - surprisingly not that bad, although we lost. Played two okay games that we won. Then I jungled AD Master Yi. I've done this before, been trying him jungle over the last week with (I think) 80% win rate after 5 games. Anyway, got killed early, fine, farmed up and kept going. But suddenly all the bad decisions, dodgy luck, and general poor play that I had avoided up to then caught up with me, and I just died. Over. And. Over. (Even once to golems oh god.) We won the game eventually, mostly without my help in teamfights. Ended 2/14/13, and by the end I was self-deprecating so much in Skype that my team were in stitches. It was pretty awful. I feel less bad about it now, out here in the real world, but gahhhh. So frustrating.

Thank goodness it was my last game of the night.

4htGXyU.png

Wow first time ever getting ten wins in a row, haha. Been playing this game pretty much since beta ended too. Last game for my tenth win too I had a teemo on my team that literally refused to team fight so it was 4v5 the whole game. He just told us he wanted to farm the whole game. We still barely managed to win. Stressful game to say the least.

Both my last games (blind pick normal) had our team down by 15+ kills and 2+ towers at 20 minutes, and yet pulling a win out of our ass somehow.

1st game I built Thornmail on Vi (jungling) to shut down the super fed AD Yi, which is always the most satisfying thing in the world. 2nd game was pretty ridiculous because they had a fed Diana and an Amumu yet suddenly started getting melted in teamfights. I guess Mejais isn't the best item for Diana to have when things start going south, and Iceborn gauntlets on Amu is just fucking weird.

AcridMeat

Banned
I can't be the only one who thinks zac looks like majin buu right?

He looks like a really cool hero, I personally am starting to like the jungling role more than the other stuff, so I hope he is decent in the jungle.
Literally the only thing I can see.

Many people think that too.

zkylon

zkylewd
weirdest match ever. trynda said he was gonna go AP on champion select but then changed his mind or something. he went all in against renekton at level 1 and gave him first blood, then jarvan came to gank and renekton got a double kill and double buffs. it didn't matter because trynda just magically became beastly and started destroying towers everywhere. he like took down two top lane turrets, then took down my turret, then went back to base and just went undying rage with literally the whole enemy team just kicking him trying to get him to stop.

it wasn't even split push, just regular push in the most ridiculous way.

also for some reason they had an ori support and I'm still not sure how our nautilus managed to steal a dragon.

edit: oh and I'm thinking of making a simple app that fetches your recent matches data from lolking and stores it in a json file or something so you can make your own personal stats database, then dump some cool stats in a txt or something. I wont put up a server or anything since that's not what I know (so you'll have to update it manually after playing and it's just local stuff), and you won't get all the cool stats like quadra kills and whatnot because I'm just stealing from lolking but if anyone want to help lemme know. I'm guessing it can't be too hard, but I'm not that good a programmer anyways

I was wondering since I'm not aware Lolking actually provides any API. Actually, I don't even know how they get data since I don't think Riot even provides any kind of API.

zkylon

zkylewd
I was wondering since I'm not aware Lolking actually provides any API. Actually, I don't even know how they get data since I don't think Riot even provides any kind of API.
How do you get your stats?
We get them from Riot. There isn't an API for it; it's complicated.
I suppose if they can't help me I'll have to resort to having to download my whole profile and browse through the html myself.

I want my normals stats :/

Ferga

Just played Janna mid. God damn fun. Laning is a bitch though if you get camped but mid game and late game is just so fun.

scy

Super late and all but...

Huh?

I never noticed... maybe because I'm playing in colorblind mode?

It works in both modes. The easiest way to test it without running into enemies is to just compare minions that are attacking you with ones that aren't (or a tower, I guess). They're highlighted when they have you targeted for an attack.

It's nice for top lane csing as a melee vs ranged as you can see exactly when he right-clicks you. Lets you know when you should back away from the minion line (assuming he didn't start in range to begin with).

Similar logic for ranged CC spells that people target when out of range and let the pathing get them in-range, hence the Taric example. Especially as a support that normally wouldn't get targeted by their support. He suddenly glows and approaches? Yeah, that's an out-of-range Dazzle target.

methane47

Ok guys I like to play AD Trist but something has been bothering me about my build.

Traditional build would be IE > PD > BT/LW
but Bork to my noob eyes almost seems to be too good?

Should my build now be IE > Bork > PD > LW? and completely forget the BT?

Very very legit, since the cooldown on his E is usually short.

I guess, but it did make him pretty squishy. Like he just melted to our Cass repeatedly, since his only items around ~26 minutes in were Boots of Swiftness (more wtf than Iceborn, really), Iceborn and Frozen Heart.

Blizzard

Banned
Don't remind me of the winter map, with its invisible Cho and Kog abilities.

Also, I can't remember ever seeing an ORANGE highlight anywhere. I'm concerned I'm going blind or something.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Ok guys I like to play AD Trist but something has been bothering me about my build.

You can't rush IE really. It puts off lifesteal for too long. Most people probably rush BotRK on Trist.
Don't remind me of the winter map, with its invisible Cho and Kog abilities.
Worth.

Seriously though, is someone making OT4? We only have a few pages left.

garath

I see a lot of Trist players rush Botrk first then go IE.

Skip the BT until maybe late late game. She doesn't have AD ratios that call for the extra AD. Get those crits rolling.

y2dvd

Yeah everyone just rushes Botrk now. I still like my BT but will rush Botrk against a tanky team. IE before PD because she already inherits quick AS anyways.

When did Renekton suddenly get good? All I kept hearing for a long is that he's a strong lane bully who quickly falls off if not fed, and deals no damage late game whichever case.

Started running a new setup on my main ADCs -

flar arpen marks, flat armor seals, 6 flat mr glyphs + 3 scaling, and lifesteal quints

Wins trades early game, gives sustain, and is great for early all-ins once you get an advantage.

Only works on the early heavy hitters though, like Draven, Graves, Twitch, MF, etc.

Thinking about switching out the pen marks for flat AD though. Less beneficial for trades but provides more sustain when AAing minions.

Also, you ever look at the base and scaling stats for champions and feel surprised to see the top ones?

BASE STATS
HP lowest -
Sona
highest -
Gangplank
HP5 lowest -
Rengar??
highest -
LEONA
Mana lowest -
Vayne
highest -
Nami
Mana Regen lowest -
Taric
highest -
Xerath
Damage lowest -
Karthus
highest -
Maokai
Armor lowest -
Sona
highest -
Rammus

So I'm wondering, I have this doubt, I've been reading a lot of guides, but I haven't seen someone that adress this doubt.

How is the relation between the AD and AP stats to the damage you do with your spells?

Let's say, Ahri Foxfire (maxed) do 140 of magical damage, how do that damage scale with my AP stats?

It may sound like a really noob question, but I feel like many things, even in noobs guides, are adressed like you already understand "x" thing, specially in solomid guides.

I'm suppousing it has to add or multiply, or in base a formula, or something.

zkylon

zkylewd
Super late and all but...

It works in both modes. The easiest way to test it without running into enemies is to just compare minions that are attacking you with ones that aren't (or a tower, I guess). They're highlighted when they have you targeted for an attack.

It's nice for top lane csing as a melee vs ranged as you can see exactly when he right-clicks you. Lets you know when you should back away from the minion line (assuming he didn't start in range to begin with).

Similar logic for ranged CC spells that people target when out of range and let the pathing get them in-range, hence the Taric example. Especially as a support that normally wouldn't get targeted by their support. He suddenly glows and approaches? Yeah, that's an out-of-range Dazzle target.
hmm, gonna try looking for it. forgot about it yesterday

Looks like the towers in the ARAM- remake will degrade as they take more damage:

Really neat effect, I hope they'll add it to SR as well.
that looks pretty awesome, I'm guessing it'd be some trouble when they're in the fog of war in SR since it doesn't really show their current health or something (I never fully understood why or how much health it showed)

Started running a new setup on my main ADCs -

flar arpen marks, flat armor seals, 6 flat mr glyphs + 3 scaling, and lifesteal quints

Wins trades early game, gives sustain, and is great for early all-ins once you get an advantage.

Only works on the early heavy hitters though, like Draven, Graves, Twitch, MF, etc.

Thinking about switching out the pen marks for flat AD though. Less beneficial for trades but provides more sustain when AAing minions.

Also, you ever look at the base and scaling stats for champions and feel surprised to see the top ones?

BASE STATS
HP lowest -
Sona
highest -
Gangplank
HP5 lowest -
Rengar??
highest -
LEONA
Mana lowest -
Vayne
highest -
Nami
Mana Regen lowest -
Taric
highest -
Xerath
Damage lowest -
Karthus
highest -
Maokai
Armor lowest -
Sona
highest -
Rammus
the bottom 3 with HP are my girls Sona, Anivia and Lux lol

So I'm wondering, I have this doubt, I've been reading a lot of guides, but I haven't seen someone that adress this doubt.

How is the relation between the AD and AP stats to the damage you do with your spells?

Let's say, Ahri Foxfire (maxed) do 140 of magical damage, how do that damage scale with my AP stats?

It may sound like a really noob question, but I feel like many things, even in noobs guides, are adressed like you already understand "x" thing, specially in solomid guides.

every spell scales off stats, it can be AD, AP or even armor, health or mana, etc. just look for it on lolwiki. basically lux's E is say 60(+0.6 AP), which means it adds 60% of your AP as damage, so if you start with say 20 AP it does a total of 72 magic damage.

for ahri the scaling is kinda weird since it may seem low but each spell has like many attacks (her Q does that boomerang thingie, her E are many different hits, you can cast her ult thrice) so in the end her scalings are in the 70ish range like with most mages

here's a link: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Ahri

IsayFever

Didn't they just release the graphical update for SR last year? I think it's a bit too soon for yet another remake.

Altho I would really like some splish-splosh water effects.

I'm not talking retextured. TT is 100% different from how it was before, Frozen Abyss is ENTIRELY new and different from murder bridge. SR will/has to change 100% to a new tileset or just new map entirely soon to keep up. It's just dated and not that fun at all.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'd be kinda cool if it changed tileset for a team depending on the majority of a team's country of origin, like demacia or ionia or whatever.

at least for the base and turrets or somethng

percephone

Neo Member

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/League_of_Legends_Wiki

Best place to learn about how your abilities works.

Magic Damage Per Fox-Fire: 40 / 65 / 90 / 115 / 140 (+ 40% AP)
Magic Damage to Three Targets: 120 / 195 / 270 / 345 / 420 (+ 120% AP)
Magic Damage to the Same Target: 80 / 130 / 180 / 230 / 280 (+ 80% AP)

scy

Everyone else covered it all but I just want to add this: It's in the solomid guides. If you mouse over the skills themselves it gives the breakdowns which include the AP Ratio. Additionally, every guide should have a Skills breakdown section that also has it. For example, this Ahri guide here has this:

W: Fox-Fire

Ahri releases three fox-fires, which after a short delay lock on and attack nearby enemies (prioritizes champions), dealing 40 / 70 / 100 / 130 / 160 (+40% of ability power) magic damage. Additional fox-fires that hit the same target deal 50% damage, up to a maximum total damage of 80 / 130 / 180 / 230 / 280 (+80% of ability power).

Cooldown: 9 / 8 / 7 / 6 / 5 Seconds

Cost: 60 mana

Range: 800

Thanks everybody for your answers, and thanks for that link to lolwiki. I have looked up to how exactly speel vamp and life steal works, because before I wasn't sure at all how it worked and now I understand it.

Everyone else covered it all but I just want to add this: It's in the solomid guides. If you mouse over the skills themselves it gives the breakdowns which include the AP Ratio. Additionally, every guide should have a Skills breakdown section that also has it. For example, this Ahri guide here has this:

And now I undertand those sections, I was misleading what that (+80% of ability power) meant.

It makes more sense than what I was previously thinking.

Ken

Restricted Chat Mode
In an effort to encourage active reform and shield players from toxicity, we’ve implemented a new account restriction that limits in-game chat for toxic players.

Certain players (identified by Tribunal and by Player Support) will have a limited number of in-game messages available and limited access to [All] Chat.
Restricted players that successfully complete matchmade games will earn their chat privileges back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom