• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, still super strong. Nobody tell Riot. Her burst is insane.

hzFEjZZ.jpg

Ferrio

Banned
Kind of like that. They settle all disputes in SR.

Who gets the last piece of pizza? Better go to SR.

They should show what we're fighting over each game. Have a huge list of disputes we could be settling. Find out we're dying over $35 dollar check that wasn't paid at the local burger joint.

Boken

Banned
Restricted Chat Mode
In an effort to encourage active reform and shield players from toxicity, we’ve implemented a new account restriction that limits in-game chat for toxic players.

Certain players (identified by Tribunal and by Player Support) will have a limited number of in-game messages available and limited access to [All] Chat.
Restricted players that successfully complete matchmade games will earn their chat privileges back.
Best change this patch. Softens the blow to singed :(

Isn't SR just Runeterra's legal system?
So it belongs to no faction

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So is Pantheon any good?
He's okay. Other people kind of do his thing better but he's in an alright place. Your ultimate doesn't give you a lane advantage so he can really get stomped on after six by certain champions if you don't secure an early lead.

zkylon

zkylewd
So is Pantheon any good?
he's got like the most idiotic early game ever and will destroy a lot of tops pretty easily (and mids). the thing is, you gotta get super fed to be useful in teamfights and his ult is kinda weird to use correctly for ganking.

in general I'd say he's a strong pick if the rest of your team has very good initiation but he contributes nothing otherwise.

Pantheon is a very irritating lane bully. I personally hate him more than Teemo. If you see the enemy Pantheon starting with Elixir+Pots, oh god play the most passive game that you can.

Ferga

he's got like the most idiotic early game ever and will destroy a lot of tops pretty easily (and mids). the thing is, you gotta get super fed to be useful in teamfights and his ult is kinda weird to use correctly for ganking.

in general I'd say he's a strong pick if the rest of your team has very good initiation but he contributes nothing otherwise.

You press R to cut off the players from running back to turret. The circle covers the entire lane. You make them run up to river. I always buy mobility boots on panth so you chase them down and kill them in the river. If they are dumb enough to continue running towards their turret then they take the ult damage and will pretty much be killed right after you hit stun.

He tears up silver league. Gold gets a bit harder with the wraiths warding so I gank from base.

Rush a BT or black cleaver then a giant belt item. Kill everything and never die. He is a solo queue monster and I've found he can single handedly carry games.

If you don't do well in lane, build tank pantheon with 40% cdr. Act as an initiator and a stun bot. He can transition into a peeler/support for your other laners.

Be flexible with the build. You won't always do well. But he isn't in the category of being completely useless if he isn't fed like leblanc is.

zkylon

zkylewd
You press R to cut off the players from running back to turret. The circle covers the entire lane. You make them run up to river. I always buy mobility boots on panth so you chase them down and kill them in the river. If they are dumb enough to continue running towards their turret then they take the ult damage and will pretty much be killed right after you hit stun.

He tears up silver league. Gold gets a bit harder with the wraiths warding so I gank from base.

Rush a BT or black cleaver then a giant belt item. Kill everything and never die. He is a solo queue monster and I've found he can single handedly carry games.

If you don't do well in lane, build tank pantheon with 40% cdr. Act as an initiator and a stun bot. He can transition into a peeler/support for your other laners.

Be flexible with the build. You won't always do well. But he isn't in the category of being completely useless if he isn't fed like leblanc is.
what would you build on tank panth? if I can't blow people up I feel pretty useless with him

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
After stalking some diamond/plat level support players, I've been noticing that they are not rushing Aegis at all. I've been wondering if there is something wrong with my standard build and I think I can see their reasoning behind it.

I usually try to go:

Charm->Philo->SightStone->Doran'sShield/RubySightstone->Aegis(parts)->Boots->Shurelyia's->etc etc

The builds I'm seeing these guys go is Charm->Philo->SightStone/Kage's->Shureliyas/Boots. Some games they don't even bother to build an Aegis or just let the jungler build it.

I should probably start doing this in solo queue since disengages/engages would win more games than just flat resist and some HP5.

They're probably building for making plays. Auras are kinda passive and don't have the visual presence in fights. If I'm winning, I'll rush Ruby Sightstone to cement our lead. Otherwise, Bulwark/Locket to bulk my teammates up.

Ferga

what would you build on tank panth? if I can't blow people up I feel pretty useless with him

locket of solari, Sunfire/bulwark, randuins, then I'll usually get a last whisper as my 4th or 5th item since i want people to be hitting me, then i'll stack on some more cdr.

I always get the 4% cdr mastery instead of the AS mastery.

You'll still do a lot of damage mid game without any ad items if you've kept your levels up.

Then you can either peel for your carries with your 6s stun or stick onto the enemy carries so they don't hit your team for late game.

What I usually do late game when I play tank pantheon is dive into enemy turrets with my ult if my team has a clear advantage. Noone wants to be hit by the 1000 magic damage ult so they all back off and let your team get the turret for free. If they do initiate on you, tank it out with your 3-4k hp and die for your team to clean it up. Your ult+your attacks should do enough damage for your team to win.

After stalking some diamond/plat level support players, I've been noticing that they are not rushing Aegis at all. I've been wondering if there is something wrong with my standard build and I think I can see their reasoning behind it.

I usually try to go:

Charm->Philo->SightStone->Doran'sShield/RubySightstone->Aegis(parts)->Boots->Shurelyia's->etc etc

The builds I'm seeing these guys go is Charm->Philo->SightStone/Kage's->Shureliyas/Boots. Some games they don't even bother to build an Aegis or just let the jungler build it.

I should probably start doing this in solo queue since disengages/engages would win more games than just flat resist and some HP5.

I experimented with warden's mail on aggressive supports like thresh. Been working pretty damn fine against adc like cait and vayne. Expensive buy though and you kind of have to snowball off it.

I almost always start with a cloth armour on all my supports now for an early ninja tabi or a warden's mail to be real aggressive. Run the gold quints and all is good.

methane47

I dont know what the hell is going on but it seems like a buncha high elo guys are in Regular queue. Because people are like coordinating plans and using the hell out of the new pings... and Yelling at me because im not good at following through with the plan...

REAL wierd

ACE 1991

Fellow Australian, and that is not normal on a land based connection over here

I have a feeling that it's just the shitty university connection I'm using at James Cook University in Townsville... Although I don't get nearly that high of a ping when playing Dota 2 on non-Australian servers.

zkylon

zkylewd
locket of solari, Sunfire/bulwark, randuins, then I'll usually get a last whisper as my 4th or 5th item since i want people to be hitting me, then i'll stack on some more cdr.

I always get the 4% cdr mastery instead of the AS mastery.

You'll still do a lot of damage mid game without any ad items if you've kept your levels up.

Then you can either peel for your carries with your 6s stun or stick onto the enemy carries so they don't hit your team for late game.

What I usually do late game when I play tank pantheon is dive into enemy turrets with my ult if my team has a clear advantage. Noone wants to be hit by the 1000 magic damage ult so they all back off and let your team get the turret for free. If they do initiate on you, tank it out with your 3-4k hp and die for your team to clean it up. Your ult+your attacks should do enough damage for your team to win.
I'm on lux or feed mode right now since I'm just one win from having my 500s and I want it to be with my special girl, but will def try later.

ty

I usually try to go:

yeah I've noticed that too and I've been trying to apply it, basically mimic edward and buy ruby sightstone and then a billion oracles :p

AdventChild

Neo Member
So is Pantheon any good?

Pantheon is my main champ, so yes, it rocks :D

Last night I played with pantheon solo-top vs Volibear and Miss Fortune. Since they had no jungler, bought 9 life potions and 4 mana potions. Double kill at level 5. Go for 6 and gank mid. I rarely fails jumping, you just need to know if the enemy will move soon or it will stay a little longer, then target your ult right behind him, boom!, W, E, Q, Ignite if needed.

Bots, Brutalizer, Vampiric Scepter. Bloody, Black Cleaver, upgrade bots. The rest depends on enemy,

bgbball31

Just bought Kha'Zix and going to buy Syndra after I get another 600IP. The only other champ I've bought that I didn't refund was Singed, and he is getting hit with a nerf bat, so I wanted new ones.

On another note, wow am I bad at jungling. Level 26 and just tried it for the first time, and I feel like I need to get a smurf account and just go practice over and over. Went 1/16/12, got no kills during laning but picked one up in the middle of a team fight that I really just took from someone else. How does one get good at jungling? I'm watching Saintvicious' stream right now to try to pick up some tips, but anything else?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Just bought Kha'Zix and going to buy Syndra after I get another 600IP. The only other champ I've bought that I didn't refund was Singed, and he is getting hit with a nerf bat, so I wanted new ones.

On another note, wow am I bad at jungling. Level 26 and just tried it for the first time, and I feel like I need to get a smurf account and just go practice over and over. Went 1/16/12, got no kills during laning but picked one up in the middle of a team fight that I really just took from someone else. How does one get good at jungling? I'm watching Saintvicious' stream right now to try to pick up some tips, but anything else?
Are you learning a lot watching SV feed on Shyv?

Pick a jungler and learn their routes in a custom game if that is your problem. With a score like that you are kind of just feeding, which means you are not picking the right fights. Like 89% of jungling is being in the right place at the right time. Focus on map awareness and familiarize yourself with a champion to the point where you know their capabilities.

You have to watch everything going on in the game and determine where you will be the most useful. When you look at a lane you have to assess if it is going to be one you can gank on. Factor in the CC of your team and the escapes of the enemy. Check to make sure the minion wave is in a place where it won't deal too much damage when you come in. Try to be aware of what the enemy jungler is doing and factor that in as well.

Who are you trying to jungle as right now?

Boken

Banned

jungling is the hardest thing to do in league of legends

Such a weird normal game. From the lobby, looks like we won't have a jungler. Nope, Cleanse/Teleport Yi actually jungled which left our Rammus alone at bot against enemy Rammus and Vayne. I was already on top with Ashe when we realized this, and we were facing a lone Talon. I told Ashe to go bot since Talon whoops Ashe but nope she wouldn't listen either.

I was the only one warding so I managed to salvage it into a 24/5 Akali game. Feels sooooo good to get fed as Akali. :D

Pick an easy jungler to start off with, someone who has a lot of sustain and pretty fast clear times, and good ganks. Warwick is a good starter because you're pretty much jungling at full health. Fiddlesticks is also a god starter, since his ganks are so strong as is his sustain.

Map awareness is the key trait you need to jungle well. You have to be aware of everything that's going on at all times, moreso than your laners. You've got to know when to gank and when to farm.

Learn to not go ham too much. If you gank top and the enemy laner flashes under his tower, call it a day and move on because that's a successful gank. Don't try tower diving unless you absolutely know you can kill him and get out alive.

Be reactive. If you're near top lane when the enemy jungler is making his move up there, go there and counter gank. You might just turn it around. But, if your laner is dead and there's no hope of you being ale to save him, don't try and be a hero taking on two unless their health is crazy low. Take the safe route, cover the lane and move on when your laner gets back.

Pay attention to ward positions and use that to alter your gank paths accordingly. Ask your laners to call out when the enemy places a ward. Drop some wards for your team too.

garath

Both dimb and Philip pretty much covered it. Jungling is all about being in the right place at the right time. Be in the right place to counter gank, recognize when you can gank a lane yourself. Watch for counter jungling, counter jungle yourself. The biggest threat is falling behind (in levels/gold/etc). Usually if you have a couple bad ganks or you get counter jungled and killed by the opponent jungler. The opponent jungler will keep the pressure up and you won't be able to do much. Teammates will start to rage, you'll try to gank anyways knowing you can't, etc.

I honestly think one of the most important skills of a consistent jungler is to know when to just keep your mouth shut and let the abuse roll of your back. You can't recover from a bad move by getting into a "heated discussion" with your teammates. A lot of the complainers don't jungle themselves and don't understand how to come back in the role. I fell into that trap myself yesterday. Had a mid Akali insist on a level 3 gank midlane against Katarina when I'm nocturne. I knew it was a bad idea. There was almost no way we'd kill the Kat and it would set me back from an important early game for Nocturne. But I did it anyways, didn't get the kill, got low and the opposing Jax jungler ambushed me on my way to golems and killed me. Lost my double buffs and fell behind in xp and gold. Jax played it perfectly. He saw me mid at level 3 with double buffs and would have known I had just finished red. Saw I was low and an easy kill as Jax vs Nocturne. I almost got out of it but Akali didn't pay attention either. That one bad move set me back and snowballed the game. It was all abuse and trying to recover with a fed Jax wandering my jungle. Not a fun game.

Map awareness is the most important thing though. And believe it or not, supporting is a good secondary role to learn and get skilled at. It's similar to jungling in that you are more focused on the map and the overall flow of the game than last hitting. They build some of the same items and depending on the jungler, have similar roles in teamfights.

edit: And don't watch Saint expecting to learn anything. He fucks around in solo que a lot. Good junglers I learn a lot from are:

XJ9 (don't hate, he's an amazing carry jungler. He does what needs to be done to win games in solo que.. just with a really bad attitude lol)
Oddone (best support jungler in the game)
Onebadbrad (aka onemadbrad - he switches accounts. Both are challenger. Really good all around jungler)

I usually try to go:

I know what you are saying but a lot of high elo junglers build Aegis so the support doesn't have to. In the lower elos junglers aren't as likely to build the support items so it's up to the support. Aegis is really valuable for teamfights and having one can make a huge difference. I alternate between rushing locket and Aegis after my normal philo, kage's, sightstone. At my elo, the game often turns chaotic and it's teamfight or lose around 20-25 min so rushing an aegis will barely get it in time lol.

I thought Zac was this patch?

Seems like they've taken to just releasing champs in the middle of a week and not with a patch. Quinn was a Friday. Might see Zac this week somewhere.

Xisiqomelir

hey sejuani is free this week. now you guys can learn a good champion.

I was really excited about this since I love her design, but the final conclusion after 3 customs is: My god jungling is just a whole bundle of bullshit.

-Camp timers
-Wandering every lane
-Lurking for ganks
-Cherishing every last bit of gold

Compared to the joys of warding and ruining the opposing carry's day as Soraka, or even just having fun as Renekton, it's totally unappealing to me.

Guys, unfortunately it is with great disappointment that I must report that the change to walking and laughing at the same time has not made it into this patch.

No Lux spamming today :( (well I still will, but it won't be as fun)

scy

Seems like they've taken to just releasing champs in the middle of a week and not with a patch. Quinn was a Friday. Might see Zac this week somewhere.

Quinn just hit her free week so we've got at least a week or so before Zac.

I was really excited about this since I love her design, but the final conclusion after 3 customs is: My god jungling is just a whole bundle of bullshit.

-Camp timers
-Wandering every lane
-Lurking for ganks
-Cherishing every last bit of gold

Compared to the joys of warding and ruining the opposing carry's day as Soraka, or even just having fun as Renekton, it's totally unappealing to me.

Shouldn't you be used to that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom