• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Ezreal and Jayce getting nerfed lol

As someone who plays adcs mainly I've been saying ez has been broke for months. Various popular forums for lol are filled with topics on the subject of ez as well. All of his kit compared to most other adcs is broke not just in damage but the utility factor as well especially his E.

Hopefully the nerf stick isn't harsh but considering the progress he has had over the years this is easily one of the better if not the best time to be an ez player.

Ferga

Sure picked a bad day to start learning LoL, with the finals going on and all. Just made an account same as my gaf name,hope to mingle with you gaffers and eventually not suck.

If any mentor would care to step up i'd be grateful. also have a riot graves skin to give away =]

Yes I am looking for a mentor how to play this game too, and offer no skins. Someone help me please =).

I will mold you all into Rex

zkylon

zkylewd
Been learning the ADC ropes lately and doing pretty alright. I still can't help getting a few matches in which I go like 2 3 11, my positioning sucks, and I always forget to do the red buff, but I feel like I improved somewhat. I'm also having a pretty good week, with mostly wins and good plays, even if I can't hit a good Ori ult even if it kills me :p

Anyhow, slowly reaching the 6300 and it's champion time! I have in my plate: Vlad, Leona, Zyra, Kennen, Irelia, Shy (and finally learn how to jungle), Nautilus (finally learn how to jungle #2) and maybe a third ADC (Corki/MF/Ez). I'll probably go Leona, I really liked playing her last time she was on free rotation...

Ken

Been learning the ADC ropes lately and doing pretty alright. I still can't help getting a few matches in which I go like 2 3 11, my positioning sucks, and I always forget to do the red buff, but I feel like I improved somewhat. I'm also having a pretty good week, with mostly wins and good plays, even if I can't hit a good Ori ult even if it kills me :p

Anyhow, slowly reaching the 6300 and it's champion time! I have in my plate: Vlad, Leona, Zyra, Kennen, Irelia, Shy (and finally learn how to jungle), Nautilus (finally learn how to jungle #2) and maybe a third ADC (Corki/MF/Ez). I'll probably go Leona, I really liked playing her last time she was on free rotation...

Wait for the first champion of season 3 to spend that 6300.

Also I don't think Nautilus is very good anymore. Before his nerfs if you couldn't get any ganks going you could still clear camps at a decent speed to keep up in level. Now it's pretty important to be ganking all the time. I still think Nocturne is a great champion to learn jungling with.

Mxrz

UIad7.jpg

First Second normal match in months. How many of these people were actually trolling? I can't really tell any more.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
any eu folks know of good gaming clans or communities for LoL in the eu? Seems hard to find folks to play with over here compared to the NA scene.

Sure picked a bad day to start learning LoL, with the finals going on and all. Just made an account same as my gaf name,hope to mingle with you gaffers and eventually not suck.

If any mentor would care to step up i'd be grateful. also have a riot graves skin to give away =]

Yes I am looking for a mentor how to play this game too, and offer no skins. Someone help me please =).

I'd go play with you two. I'm still Lv14 on NA which is obviously a smurf. I don't care about the skin.

Congratulating 2nd place is always awkward... especially when they get "roflstomped".

Also, the stickfigure animation was amazing! I loved it! I want to play Jarvan now, after his frustrated DEMACIAAAAA ult.

AcridMeat

Banned
Not as awkward as not being professional and honoring the teams that gave them the spectacle. The ending "ceremony" was half assed compared to everything that went into the finals.

They're still learning though. I just find it funny that the players were the most courteous and professional, based on the interviews I've seen, out of everyone involved.

Type2

I will mentor anybody for a riot graves skin.

Join the neogaf chat channel.

What level are you two?

I've literally just created an account yesterday. Spent a lot of time reading about champions and analyzing game mechanics. Played through the tutorials, watched some videos and thats about that. My ingame name ended up being LeaveYouAPreview. Im working today but ill be on later tonight and I have Tuesday off to start playing.

Im trying to take in the skill level up trees, runes and item buy orders but blahhh. I figure itll come together more when playing a bunch of games. Thanks guys!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I've literally just created an account yesterday. Spent a lot of time reading about champions and analyzing game mechanics. Played through the tutorials, watched some videos and thats about that. My ingame name ended up being LeaveYouAPreview. Im working today but ill be on later tonight and I have Tuesday off to start playing.

Im trying to take in the skill level up trees, runes and item buy orders but blahhh. I figure itll come together more when playing a bunch of games. Thanks guys!
Pro tip for buying items: you almost always want to start boots three pots right now. Unless you're the support, and sometimes the jungler buys different stuff. It's pretty basic for the most part though.

Blizzard

Banned
Pro tip for buying items: you almost always want to start boots three pots right now. Unless you're the support, and sometimes the jungler buys different stuff. It's pretty basic for the most part though.
And by "pots" he means "the red health potions that cost 35 gold under the consumables (or whatever it's called) category". And by boots he means "the cheapest shoes under the movement category".

Bought the Riven skin and have an extra code. Planning on selling it on a later date. Gotta make my money back from the tickets and everything else I bought in the merc booth -.-

Ken

Bought the Riven skin and have an extra code. Planning on selling it on a later date. Gotta make my money back from the tickets and everything else I bought in the merc booth -.-

I'll buy a Teemo Hat off you if you have any extra.

My starting items as support is usually faeri charm, 4 sight wards, and a health pot.

I'll buy a Teemo Hat off you if you have any extra.

Aw man I should have asked if people wanted stuff. I'm planning on going to all of the games for season 3 in California after going to this one. I'll ask if people want anything next time Here is a copy of the order form. Also the hoodies are pretty small. I normally wear my hoodie that's xl and is really baggy on me, but the 3xl blitz hoodie is tight.

http://i.imgur.com/jCNxS.jpg

Ken

Aw man I should have asked if people wanted stuff. I'm planning on going to all of the games for season 3 in California after going to this one. I'll ask if people want anything next time Here is a copy of the order form. Also the hoodies are pretty small. I normally wear my hoodie that's xl and is really baggy on me, but the 3xl blitz hoodie is tight.

http://i.imgur.com/jCNxS.jpg

AHHHHHHHHHH

Won a 4v5 where our Sona was dc'd for the first 25 minutes although I guess Riven beating Lee and Katarina getting 4 kills off of two failed Mundo ganks, and their bot not capitalizing on 2v1 early on helped.

also tpa tpa tpa

Aww yeah that AP mid win rate

y2dvd

Congratulating 2nd place is always awkward... especially when they get "roflstomped".

Also, the stickfigure animation was amazing! I loved it! I want to play Jarvan now, after his frustrated DEMACIAAAAA ult.

Told you Korean food loses!

What stick figure animation you talking about?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
AHHHHHHHHHH

Won a 4v5 where our Sona was dc'd for the first 25 minutes although I guess Riven beating Lee and Katarina getting 4 kills off of two failed Mundo ganks, and their bot not capitalizing on 2v1 early on helped.

also tpa tpa tpa

Aww yeah that AP mid win rate

Huh, I guess support does raise ELO.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Logically, a crucial role no one wants to play would win more because the people playing it...

a) Want to win, fun be damned
b) Are team players, so that's 1 less variable in the pub roulette

Swig_

Anyone else feel as if they really need another support champ on the level of Sona? I almost always win if I get her and my team is decent. The only times I lose is if my team is really, really bad. But most other supports feel subpar to her, aside from Blitz who is banned at my ELO almost every game.. and he's good in a completely different way. Sona gives lane sustain, a great AoE stun, great poke and you're often able to zone out the opposing ADC. I haven't seen many people play any other supports that really compare. Maybe Lulu, but I rarely see her, so it's difficult to compare.

Janna and Soraka just seem like they're less valuable, Taric can be okay, but only because of this short term stun.. he has to be with the right champs to benefit. I don't really see any other supports played often enough to comment.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't played this game in over a year and thought I'd jump in with a co-op game against the AI to ease myself back in. We got steamrolled, so that was a hit to my ego lol.

Also why the hell are there so many champions?? Every time I come back to this game I have to spend weeks figuring out what all the new champions can do.

Blizzard

Banned
Anyone else feel as if they really need another support champ on the level of Sona? I almost always win if I get her and my team is decent. The only times I lose is if my team is really, really bad. But most other supports feel subpar to her, aside from Blitz who is banned at my ELO almost every game.. and he's good in a completely different way. Sona gives lane sustain, a great AoE stun, great poke and you're often able to zone out the opposing ADC. I haven't seen many people play any other supports that really compare. Maybe Lulu, but I rarely see her, so it's difficult to compare.

Janna and Soraka just seem like they're less valuable, Taric can be okay, but only because of this short term stun.. he has to be with the right champs to benefit. I don't really see any other supports played often enough to comment.
Blitzcrank is banned in most games at the moment as mentioned.

Soraka and Lulu have been nerfed, possibly multiple times. Janna has been nerfed, possibly multiple times. I think even Sona was nerfed, possibly multiple times. I think Ezreal + Soraka lanes are still popular for the free mana. It may just be that with all the nerfs to supports (Riot seems to hate the idea of healing, or champions that can be played in unintended styles like Lulu mid), Sona is currently one of the top choices. I think the same sort of thing happened with AD carries for a while. Riot kept doing whack-a-mole and nerfing one after the other, so eventually a mediocre one might become the best available for a little bit.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

She is very powerful at the moment, I can easily zone out the other ADC and win lane (Unless it's Leona and I need to play somewhat passive) 90% of the time without a problem. Other supports just can't match her right now. I really fear that Riot is going to nerf her down to the other support levels, or at the very least they should buff other supports to match Sona.

There is some merit to support Zyra, Lux, and Morgana but I've haven't played any of those enough to truly replace Sona.

Boken

Banned
The problem with Sona is that she can do everything by herself. Her harass can solo people in the bottom lane. On the other hand, Lulu can shit on Sona, but it requires synergy between the Lulu and the Ad carry since its not as an obvious flag as blitzcrank grab (who is another guy who can poop on Sona)

Yep, they've nerfed the shit out of a lot of the traditional supports waaay too hard. Janna, Lulu and Soraka have all felt the nerf hammer repeatedly leaving them all feeling underpowered. I'd kill for some reverts of those nerfs. If they nerf Sona down to that level I'm going to rage hard.

Pancakes

The problem with Sona is that she can do everything by herself. Her harass can solo people in the bottom lane. On the other hand, Lulu can shit on Sona, but it requires synergy between the Lulu and the Ad carry since its not as an obvious flag as blitzcrank grab (who is another guy who can poop on Sona)

Kill lanes are Sona's weakness. So double bruiser, Taric, Blitzcrank, Leona, Morgana, Lux are theoretically supposed to beat her but it rarely happens.

Yep, they've nerfed the shit out of a lot of the traditional supports waaay too hard. Janna, Lulu and Soraka have all felt the nerf hammer repeatedly leaving them all feeling underpowered. I'd kill for some reverts of those nerfs. If they nerf Sona down to that level I'm going to rage hard.

You and me both =/.

Hahaha awesome.

Augh got a player who claimed adc or afk. When he didn't get adc he picks troll character and spells. There needs to be like a screenshot feature to report these trolls before game.

There needs to be a feature where you can queue of for the current meta. Like in WoW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom