• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
There needs to be a feature where you can queue of for the current meta. Like in WoW.

Supports would get in instantly and Mid/Top will have to wait forever. And for this special queue to work you need to make sure support queuers can't just pick ADC/TOP roles. But maybe someone wants to play Support Ashe herp derp.

Too many issues for this to work.

Blizzard

Banned
Why do I have to lose ELO or suffer a 25+ minute wait time for idiots like this.
Dear Corgi,

1. You didn't even offer an explanation as to why they were idiots! I'm guessing you mean jungle Zilean though.

2. You're complaining when you're like 950 elo higher than me. You should be glad you're that good!

3. Didn't you tell me that I need to play support to raise elo? Clearly that's your problem, you gotta go all Sona.

Also, if dodges were free then ranked could be a never-ending series of dodges, which is presumably why you can't do it for free! On average, over 100-200 games, good and bad players should even out so your elo ends up where it should be. It can be frustrating in the short run though.

Ken

Dear Corgi,

1. You didn't even offer an explanation as to why they were idiots! And

2. You're complaining when you're like 950 elo higher than me. You should be glad you're that good! Don't forget

3. Didn't you tell me that I need to play support to raise elo? Clearly that's your problem, you gotta go all Sona.

Also, if dodges were free then ranked could be a never-ending series of dodges, which is presumably why you can't do it for free! On average, over 100-200 games, good and bad players should even out so your elo ends up where it should be. It can be frustrating in the short run though.

1. Zilean can't jungle. Goes up to my lane and feeds Kha'Zix, leeches experience and minions, and gives up jungle and jungle presence.

2. You can complain at any ELO.

3. I was going to support but someone else said they were duo queuing bot.

AcridMeat

Banned
Blizzard, it's pretty obvious who the troll is in that game.

Blizzard, if ELO is to eventually match you players around your skill level. He's not still 'figuring out" his ELO, he's played 250+ games.

Blizzard, buttered toast.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
1. Zilean can't jungle. Goes up to my lane and feeds Kha'Zix, leeches experience and minions, and gives up jungle and jungle presence.

2. You can complain at any ELO.

3. I was going to support but someone else said they were duo queuing bot.
Oh, I missed your thing in chat but I'll duo with you if you want some time. I don't play ranked very often though, so I warn you in advance.

Blizzard

Banned
Blizzard, it's pretty obvious who the troll is in that game.

Blizzard, if ELO is to eventually match you players around your skill level. He's not still 'figuring out" his ELO, he's played 250+ games.

Blizzard, buttered toast.
I missed the game count, but now I want toast. :( Thanks a lot.

Ken

Bans were Lux, Mordekaiser, and Sona.

Of course the guy doing the banning was the worst Amumu I have ever seen.

Is high school on summer break already?

Ferga

I do that when i'm in the loading screen for ranked. I only check my lane opponent to see what they main so I get a main idea on how they play laning and whether anyone is duo queueing.

Gives a huge advantage if I can predict whether they'll play passive farm or crazy harass.

Ken

I do that when i'm in the loading screen for ranked. I only check my lane opponent to see what they main so I get a main idea on how they play laning and whether anyone is duo queueing.

Gives a huge advantage if I can predict whether they'll play passive farm or crazy harass.

Except he lolking'd his own teammates and banned out our most played champions.

mercviper

Except he lolking'd his own teammates and banned out our most played champions.

Was he duo with ez? Because you said amumu did bans.

And yeah, that amumu was bad. I spectated the last 10 minutes and lol he was so gung ho, but melted like butter :x

Ken

Was he duo with ez? Because you said amumu did bans.

And yeah, that amumu was bad. I spectated the last 10 minutes and lol he was so gung ho, but melted like butter :x

From the way Ezreal talked ("we"), I assumed they were duo'd. Amumu was captain and Ezreal was last pick.

mercviper

From the way Ezreal talked ("we"), I assumed they were duo'd. Amumu was captain and Ezreal was last pick.

Yeah I never saw games like that when I was climbing the ladder. :x

We got a couple good games in tonight and I'm always down for more if you want. :D

zkylon

zkylewd
Played against an Ez jungler today. We would've won if stupid Cho'Gath would've actually done something instead of goofing around and hiding behind the carries. Seriously we had 20 kills in a mostly teamfights match and the guy only participated in four.

Wasn't pretty getting the annoying "Ez jungle OP scrubs" and whatever... we should've invaded him so hard...

Q8D3vil

Played against an Ez jungler today. We would've won if stupid Cho'Gath would've actually done something instead of goofing around and hiding behind the carries. Seriously we had 20 kills in a mostly teamfights match and the guy only participated in four.

Wasn't pretty getting the annoying "Ez jungle OP scrubs" and whatever... we should've invaded him so hard...
lets pretend someone didnt actually write this.
move on.

Ragnamith

Approx 10 days left to try and pass the cruel border of 1200 elo and try to raise it to 1500.
Apparently I need a 30 win streak to get to 1500. Damn.

I figured the easiest way to get gold (janna skin) would be to try and get 1450 elo with a 3vs3 team (I dont know enough people for a 5v5 team).
Let's see how that works out, haven't played 3vs3 for ages.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
New Soraka comic.

80p2P.png

I hope you reported this jerk. People like this are the reason I stick with normals.

Edit: Thinking about changing avatars, can't decide:

24wGe.png
2tcf3.png
Moeta.png
3es1O.png
d2nwQ.png

Type2

Pro tip for buying items: you almost always want to start boots three pots right now. Unless you're the support, and sometimes the jungler buys different stuff. It's pretty basic for the most part though.

And by "pots" he means "the red health potions that cost 35 gold under the consumables (or whatever it's called) category". And by boots he means "the cheapest shoes under the movement category".

Thanks, do you guys recommend any champions to start with? Im digging akali, I wish code redemption was working =[

LCGeek

formerly sane
Soraka got some upgrades.

I'd guess if you managed to have 7 more wins than losses, it would take you to 1500 since I think each win/loss right now for you is ~20 rating.

Now then, do I want to push for platinum??? 300 rating away :/

You lose more points for losing than you do winning but your math is about accurate.

Thanks, do you guys recommend any champions to start with? Im digging akali, I wish code redemption was working =[
I wouldn't recommend her until a little later. She really needs her own rune page to be effective and later on once you start playing draft you'll find a harder time using her because she has a lot of champions that counter her well. But she's a really fun champ to play so I like using her when I play blind, and I'm delighted when i get her in ARAM. But unless you have ip to burn on specific rune pages for her I wouldn't recommend buying akali.

Soraka got some upgrades.

I'd guess if you managed to have 7 more wins than losses, it would take you to 1500 since I think each win/loss right now for you is ~20 rating.

Now then, do I want to push for platinum??? 300 rating away :/

Thanks Merc

Type2

I wouldn't recommend her until a little later. She really needs her own rune page to be effective and later on once you start playing draft you'll find a harder time using her because she has a lot of champions that counter her well. But she's a really fun champ to play so I like using her when I play blind, and I'm delighted when i get her in ARAM. But unless you have ip to burn on specific rune pages for her I wouldn't recommend buying akali.

Thanks Merc

Is there anything you would recommend? Just did my first game co-op and played lux, dont think I quite understood what I was doing until the end of the game. Played the mid as the only ap character, also died the most .
Think the next game I play ill try out Nunu, while hes free.

Remember, this guy just created his account. He may not even have access to Rune pages yet! Right now, the number 1 rule is to have fun and work on the basics: Last hitting, positioning, and judging when to poke or go in for a kill. I'd play whatever champs you are having fun with, as well as a variety of free week ones just to get understand different play styles.

To get a general feel for the game I went with Ashe but she was mostly backup for when I wasn't feeling the free week champs. For my first 10 levels my strategy was to focus on staying back and safe, concentrating on last hitting and getting gold, and then overpowering my foes in the late game due being ahead in item builds. Instead of actually following through on that, though, my first 10 levels were, in reality, a bunch of ill-advised, poorly executed, failed ganks!

Is there anything you would recommend? Just did my first game co-op and played lux, dont think I quite understood what I was doing until the end of the game. Played the mid as the only ap character, also died the most .
Think the next game I play ill try out Nunu, while hes free.

Ashe/Nunu/Trundle/Jax/Ryze are all great champs to get. They cover the 5 major roles of the current North American Meta(AD Carry/Support/Jungle/Top/AP Mid).

They are all fairly cheap IP wise and are very viable for high level play once you become more knowledgeable of the game.

PS Nunu can also be used as a jungler so if you don't want to purchase trundle you can use Nunu as a jungler too. The main reason I like recommending Trundle as a jungle champ for new players is because he doesn't need a rune page to be viable for jungling when you are just starting off at the game. It also allows you to learn the role of a jungler better while still a low level because his abilities allow him to clear the jungle camp fairly quickly with just cloth armor. The only downside to him is that he is currently 4800 ip. Which can be a lot while you are just starting out.

Like blergmeister said though, try to just have fun and try out new champs every week as they rotate the champs list. You want to know how other champs work so you understand what you are up against when you actually face them. But as your bread and butter the champs I mentioned are your best bet to get

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Ashe/Nunu/Trundle/Jax/Ryze are all great champs to get. They cover the 5 major roles of the current North American Meta(AD Carry/Support/Jungle/Top/AP Mid).
Trundle isn't that cheap, and there are much better ways to learn jungling.

Dr. Mundo, Malphite, and Amumu are all 1350.

Agreed around level 20 you want to start learning how jungling works. And by that time you should have enough for trundle. Finding a jungler you like might take a longer time compared to other roles. But the other 4 champs I mentioned are really good picks for starting off. I'm sure the others would agree with me on that.

.....Also don't buy Yi

Agreed around level 20 you want to start learning how jungling works. And by that time you should have enough for trundle. Finding a jungler you like might take a longer time compared to other roles. But the other 4 champs I mentioned are really good picks for starting off. I'm sure the others would agree with me on that.

.....Also don't buy Yi

Can I ask why you keep recommending Trundle? I know his clear is pretty easy, but I don't think his ganks are good for the most part and doesn't provide as much in team fights compared to other easy jungles such as Skarner, Nocturne or Maokai who are easy and have better ganks. Or if IP is an issue for those 3 I would go for Warwick over Trundle.

garath

Just watched the VODs from the finals. After the first game I would have said Frost all the way. TPA had a better early game but Frost had such great teamfights even from behind. I think their team comp set them up for failure once they fell behind. TPA was picking well and playing EXTREMELY well. Their early game rivals M5. They made so few mistakes. Toyz is like the gold standard for mid. Him and Froggen are just so good at the position. It's hard to see anyone rivaling them.

Good for them. Still wish CLG.EU or TSM would have made it but we'll see how it goes Season 3. Props to Riot for putting it all together. Nearly 1mil viewers is more than some TV shows get. Amazing.

ElectraStar

So I may be a little late on this,

But can we talk about how damn ugly this season's infographics are?
Is there anyone in the design field that can back me up on this?

The original one was so much better...

Can I ask why you keep recommending Trundle? I know his clear is pretty easy, but I don't think his ganks are good for the most part and doesn't provide as much in team fights compared to other easy jungles such as Skarner, Nocturne or Maokai who are easy and have better ganks. Or if IP is an issue for those 3 I would go for Warwick over Trundle.

I'm just recommending him because I find him easy to use and really good. I personally like using him and have found great success with him in my blinds/draft matches. I really like the versatility of his Pillar. It's a guaranteed way to waste an enemies flash if they try to invade and if they don't then it's usually a guaranteed kill. I personally have found great success with his ganks and I that trundle is one of the best counter junglers. But I know he lacks the type of hard and soft CC that other junglers excel at(Skarner, Amumu, Nautilus are amazing in that regard).

The thing about jungling is that the champ you choose really depends on the champs the enemy team is choosing and the champs your team is choosing.

zkylon

zkylewd
Won two ranked in a row, and now defeat. Teemo top blaming jungle Kha, Caitlyn blaming Teemo and Fizz, Fizz going kamikaze on Cho'Gath or Nasus, and Kha didn't say a word or pulled off a successful gank in the whole match. I missed this :3

Yea same here, I'll try this for a bit.
Real bewbs are always superior (except that ninja anime where girls shot milk out of their tits and chopped people's heads off with it), even when they're not Sona massive.

Won two ranked in a row, and now defeat. Teemo top blaming jungle Kha, Caitlyn blaming Teemo and Fizz, Fizz going kamikaze on Cho'Gath or Nasus, and Kha didn't say a word or pulled off a successful gank in the whole match. I missed this :3

All things being equal I would assume Fizz would eat Cho? or at least not die to him :S. His dodge is like the perfect counter to cho's knock up.

zkylon

zkylewd
All things being equal I would assume Fizz would eat Cho? or at least not die to him :S. His dodge is like the perfect counter to cho's knock up.
Yeah, 1v1 no problem, but he would dive into the whole team, and a couple times it worked, but most of them they engaged on someone else while he was trickstering away and we got destroyed.

Anyways, into more important matters... Foxfire Ahri or Arcade Sona?

Yeah, 1v1 no problem, but he would dive into the whole team, and a couple times it worked, but most of them they engaged on someone else while he was trickstering away and we got destroyed.

Anyways, into more important matters... Foxfire Ahri or Arcade Sona?

A hard decision man, both great skins for 2 of my fav champs. I personally went with Arcade but in hindsight I would go with Fox Fire Ahri. It's been a while since it released so I'm just gonna wait it out till it goes on sale :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom