• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Yeah, 1v1 no problem, but he would dive into the whole team, and a couple times it worked, but most of them they engaged on someone else while he was trickstering away and we got destroyed.

Anyways, into more important matters... Foxfire Ahri or Arcade Sona?

Ahri only has 2 good skins with Midnight and Firefox, whereas all of Sona's skins are good. Firefox Ahri is probably the better call also because of how rare it is. Buy Guqin Sona if you want a skin that few people have. I think I've only seen it twice in ~400 games.

Ahri only has 2 good skins with Midnight and Firefox, whereas all of Sona's skins are good. Firefox Ahri is probably the better call also because of how rare it is. Buy Guqin Sona if you want a skin that few people have. I think I've only seen it twice in ~400 games.

But Guqin doesn't go beep bop boop so its no fun.

Default skin is awesome 0_0! But in terms of a skin people not using then yea arcade sona has become a bit overused but that's because sona is a popular champ and arcade is an awesome skin. Ahri in general isn't used much....which baffles me still, do people not realize how amazing she. She has such amazing speed/burst/sustain. The few ones I see suck at playing her too. It's like the majority of the league community doesn't know how to land a skill shot. Maybe it's just my elo....

Mothman91

I really need to get into Sona. I'm starting to support more, any tips/tricks once I get her? I need a few more matches for the IP then she is all mineeee.

mercviper

I really need to get into Sona. I'm starting to support more, any tips/tricks once I get her? I need a few more matches for the IP then she is all mineeee.

sona sona sona sona sona

tumblr_m9x031cPto1qbzoigo1_500.gif

In all seriousness, for something Sona specific, learn her autoattack(AA) frames and proc power chord as soon as her AA projectile enters play. Power chord resets the AA timer so you can get some really good burst harass with that. Her abilities also have a really short global as well, so if you have power chord at the ready, you can set it up to debuff 2 champs simultaneously, or 1 champ with 2 different debuffs.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
In all seriousness, for something Sona specific, learn her autoattack(AA) frames and proc power chord as soon as her AA projectile enters play. Power chord resets the AA timer so you can get some really good burst harass with that. Her abilities also have a really short global as well, so if you have power chord at the ready, you can set it up to debuff 2 champs simultaneously, or 1 champ with 2 different debuffs.

Good advice. You also should try to learn her poke ranges and get minor MS masteries in order to harass better.

scy

Default skin is awesome 0_0! But in terms of a skin people not using then yea arcade sona has become a bit overused but that's because sona is a popular champ and arcade is an awesome skin. Ahri in general isn't used much....which baffles me still, do people not realize how amazing she. She has such amazing speed/burst/sustain. The few ones I see suck at playing her too. It's like the majority of the league community doesn't know how to land a skill shot. Maybe it's just my elo....

Ahri isn't a safe pick anymore, basically. And, yeah, she's entirely skillshot reliant for her laning phase. All of her match ups will come down to "can you land a charm and convert it into a kill?"

Sweeeeeeet I didn't know her power chord reset the AA animation! Thanks for the info merc. I'll take that into consideration for poke now on. Having the Q variant of her unique passive pre-loaded then using AA+Q+AA to initiate should be more devastating as poke instead of the normal Q+AA I do.

Ahri isn't a safe pick anymore, basically. And, yeah, she's entirely skillshot reliant for her laning phase. All of her match ups will come down to "can you land a charm and convert it into a kill?"
Yes I almost always burst down to death once I land me E or at least make them B out. I've solo dived people at their turrets in the laning phase and gotten kills (without dying). There are few champs that I don't like facing mid with her(AP trist, Kass, and good Fizz players)

*I'm not intending to brag but highlight how strong and amazing Ahri is if you land her skill shots.

Can I ask why you keep recommending Trundle? I know his clear is pretty easy, but I don't think his ganks are good for the most part and doesn't provide as much in team fights compared to other easy jungles such as Skarner, Nocturne or Maokai who are easy and have better ganks. Or if IP is an issue for those 3 I would go for Warwick over Trundle.

I don't think he's above a B+ tier but here's what Trundle does:

1.) Destroys 90% of AD based junglers inside their own jungle. His kit denies AD damage and blocks escapes while he dishes out crazy early game single target damage. This allows him to steal buffs and single minions fast as well as be a dragon threat early.

2.) Sustains well due to passive.

3.) Pillar is good the entire game. Can secure kills like Anivia's wall under many circumstances.

4.) His biggest asset during teamfights is his ult combined with his bite. He can shut down the enemy's tank and their AD carry/bruiser at the same time for extended periods of time, making the AD do no damage and the tank unable to take any.

I keep seeing this. I duo all the time and usually carry. Within the last few weeks people are dodging games with duo. What happened?

You may be good, but most of the time a duo que bot is two friends, usually one terrible and one ok.

Since I main ADC, it is endlessly annoying to have a guy type DUO BOT WITH xXXBLUNTSMOKA420XXx and rage like a child when you try to ask them to do anything else. They will feed the enemy AD carry endlessly and blame everyone else because they had one or two good games against braindead opponents and now they think they're the shit.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I've seen the dreaded duo's as well. Some people think that if they duo, THEY HAVE TO BE IN THE SAME LANE NO MATTER WHAT.

Jungle and mid is the best duo combo, beat the crap out of mid, and mid will win your bot and top for you by roaming and winning dragon fights.

scy

Yes I almost always burst down to death once I land me E or at least make them B out. I've solo dived people at their turrets in the laning phase and gotten kills (without dying). There are few champs that I don't like facing mid with her(AP trist, Kass, and good Fizz players)

*I'm not intending to brag but highlight how strong and amazing Ahri is if you land her skill shots.

Even in some of my favorite vs Ahri matchups (e.g., Katarina), I know that one good Charm is all it takes for me to probably lose out despite having the advantage otherwise.

EXGN

Jungle changes for S3:

We've actually been working on changes for the jungle in anticipation for Season 3 and though I can't really give all the details here because we are still iterating, I'd like to give you guys some insights into what's going on.

There are a multitude of issues we're tackling and they are very much intertwined. The current dominant jungle strategy (GP10 Support / Tanks) is fairly stagnant and the overall current jungle playstyle in many cases severely limits potential strategy and choices in other lanes/roles as well.

One large problem is that efficient farming of the jungle has very little pay off compared to constantly applying lane pressure by camping / ganking. Overall junglers severely lack in gold unless they successfully gank and snowball the game from the get-go and/or opt for a GP10 strategy.

The approach we're currently taking is to significantly increase the rewards of jungle camps over time (junglers already have a huge impact on the early game). To go along with this though, we are buffing jungle camps back up to actually be more threatening while simultaneously offering new / improved item paths that allow players to specialize in the jungle. Overall we want junglers to be rewarded for building combat stats rather than always being forced to build gold generation items.

This is not the only thing we're changing in the jungle for next season, but these types of things are definitely on our radar.

zkylon

zkylewd
Even in some of my favorite vs Ahri matchups (e.g., Katarina), I know that one good Charm is all it takes for me to probably lose out despite having the advantage otherwise.
See, this I can never understand. Even if I land all my skills, I never seem to do enough burst damage with Ahri as I do with any other mid I play (Ori/Lux/Morg/Annie). I do R>Q>W>E, and build Rilay/Abyssal->Rab's. I think I maybe should start building DFG on her.

Have you entertained the notion of removing gp10, Nome?

Some buddies and I have been doing a lot of thought over it and I was curious to see if you have any input on it for your fellow LoL-GAF.

See, this I can never understand. Even if I land all my skills, I never seem to do enough burst damage with Ahri as I do with any other mid I play (Ori/Lux/Morg/Annie). I do R>Q>W>E, and build Rilay/Abyssal->Rab's. I think I maybe should start building DFG on her.

Sorc boots and flat magic pen are really needed if you want to instagib those squishies.

Sorc>Abyssal> Rabadon's is pretty good. Add in a DFG and you can pretty much gib anyone who doesn't build enough magic resist.

If you want maximum assassination potential, leveling W first is your best bet since it does the most damage if I remember correctly.

I think it would be great if they went for a complete item overhaul, as in an entire new set of items to replace the old ones.

It would if that's all they did. Naturally they would have to take into account how that affects supports currently and design a way for them to get gold without GP10 items.

Achtius already knows how to get gold on support without GP10, just take the carries kills.

Boken

Banned
Screw removing gp10, how about more game start item options?

How about more itemisation paths for ADs?

How about more utilities?

How about item stats?

How about more interesting unique passives?

How about high opportunity cost but strong when stacked, stackable passives?

How about items that cater to more strategies - e.g. fast pushing, poking, split pushing, stalling

Ferga

How about item stats?

How about items that cater to more strategies - e.g. fast pushing, poking, split pushing, stalling

I demand my hp/mana regen boots. I demand them now

Ferrio

Banned

How about item stats?

Lack of starting options has always bugged me. Really got two choices tops.

Q8D3vil

from what i understood they are not removing gp10 items but rather making jungle more rewarding and efficient than the current one (harder monsters but more gold).
they current goal seems to make top lane 1v1 centric instead of lvl 2 gank making the lane snowball extremely hard.

scy

DFG or Abyssal is probably the best starting item for her and then get whichever you didn't.

Edit: Also, in regards to the Jungle change, there seems to be some posts about more support items and Gold Masteries. More of an effort to enforce the Zero CS Support meta.

Kenai

I've seen the dreaded duo's as well. Some people think that if they duo, THEY HAVE TO BE IN THE SAME LANE NO MATTER WHAT.

I remember being quite annoyed when a duo decided to pick two mids and were then upset when no one would let them lane together.

garath

What's with these crappy sales.

I want Zyra and Leona dammit. Flesh out my support.

I played Sona for the first time last night. Was the most fun support I've played yet. Too bad I was overly aggressive and got caught many times by the sion/singed duo bot I was against lol.

Sorry again for my issues last night Ken and brian. I haven't the foggiest what was going on. Every time the game told me I lost connection I alt-tabbed and connection looked fine. Thought I'd spend 2 minutes to try and close down everything but apparently I was tabbed longer than I thought. I came back to the defeat screen. sigh.

Subsequent games I didn't have any issues. Maybe one of the programs I closed was the culprit. I only reboot my computer once every few weeks.

Jungle changes for S3:

I already suck at jungling. Guess it can't get much worse. :)

Blizzard

Banned
We need a physical proc on hit item

And malady needs to be useful. On hit champions sorely need an mpen item
Malady is an on-hit magic resist shredding item if I recall correctly, and frozen mallet is an on-hit physical proc item. Boom, problem solved! =D

Are you trying to stealth buff Teemo?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Ahri is a snowball champion, which mean farm, exp, rune, mastery, and item are critical to her success.

If you don't farm well enough in the beginning to clear wave fast enough, you will need to spent more mana and time to push the wave as the minions getting stronger. The slower you push the lane, the less opportunity for you to roam, take wraith/wolve/force objective.

Try not to build sorc shoe until you have 2 doran (or 1 doran + pick) and a complete item (rylais or dfg), minions have no mres, so it doesn't really help you on farming, and farming is the most important thing in the first 20 min of the game.

You can build sorc if you are really behind, and nowhere close to complete an ap item at the 20 min mark, or have 750 gold left with nothing to buy.

garath

Well if you're building Rylai's or Abyssal first you aren't building damage. You won't have that burst assassination capability.

Personally, I never build Rylai's on Ahri anymore. Too expensive for too little damage. She's already very mobile and doesn't need the defense or slow as much.

If you are going for kills, build Kage's and sorc shoes for max early burst and max W over Q.

scy

Like I said earlier, DFG and Abyssal should be your first two completed items (and, generally speaking, probably in that order too). DFG just gives a frightening amount of presence in lane and makes it that much easier to convert a kill. Honestly, DFG first works on most AP Mids anyway.

Edit: On that note, Eve pre-DFG vs Eve post-DFG is hilarious. Laning is "line my Q up, hooray this is awful" and then becomes "line my Q--oh you died already, nm." It's fun.

I have no idea what the hell just happened... this is my first time with him. Leb, Lux and Teemo instalocked so I just thought "screw this, play to lose, Draven is free this week, might as well try him".

SOMEHOW managed to overturn a fight which had an early 4/0 Graves, Lux+Leb arguing over mid, a loner Teemo and a Warwick who kept asking "BT? IE? wat do?". Warwick even asked if I mained Draven. Enemies just kept dropping. :S There was one Blitz who I was chasing then he flashed over the fall to escape then died to my passive shortly afterwards.

Is it just me or do the axes land on the direction of where Draven was last ordered to move towards to?

I still don't like playing Draven

Boken

Banned
Malady is an on-hit magic resist shredding item if I recall correctly, and frozen mallet is an on-hit physical proc item. Boom, problem solved! =D

Are you trying to stealth buff Teemo?

Do you think I'm dumb? I know what Malady does. It sucks.

The FM proc is a slow, and is not physical nor magical.

Teemo isn't any better an on hit champion than say, kayle or lulu. Buff em all

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Is it just me or do the axes land on the direction of where Draven was last ordered to move towards to?

I still don't like playing Draven
There is an influence to where the axe lands. If you give a commanded movement order it will wind up landing somewhere in that direction, most likely. As such if you are running away you will likely still be able to auto-attack while you run away.

You're a horrible person if you don't like Draven though.

If you give a commanded movement order it will wind up landing somewhere in that direction, most likely. As such if you are running away you will likely still be able to auto-attack while you run away.

That would make it amazing to kite with red paired with Blood Rush!

LMFAO. I watched the replay just to make sure what happened to Blitz. He should have had enough HP to survive my passive. He flashed over a wall and his ult randomly struck Baron which attacked him in return.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE8mnrBrYK4

zkylon

zkylewd
I'll see about playing exclusively Ahri for a couple matches and try all that out.

And Leona's free, again, sweet. I almost feel like I'll never buy her if she's free so often.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
That would make it amazing to kite with red paired with Blood Rush!

LMFAO. I watched the replay just to make sure what happened to Blitz. He should have had enough HP to survive my passive. He flashed over a wall and his ult randomly struck Baron which attacked him in return.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE8mnrBrYK4
Funny, but why didn't he ult on you back before he was even in the Baron pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom