• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

Just to note, W first is the better way to build her. Q first if it's an unsafe lane that you can't go in on. Though it does play a lot differently and requires more practice, especially if you're used to playing by just throwing Qs from the back.

The damage is the same (200), though the AP ratio is a lot worse (25%) so that does skew the numbers a bit.

Hehe, we can agree to disagree on W first. I'll always Q first. W may have a lower cooldown but you have to be up close and personal for that. Q is a great harass tool and with W proc'ing the mark, you can still farm effectively. Q is more damage the first 4 levels as well. I just don't like getting in melee range to harass. The trade usually isn't favorable.

scy

Fair enough but:

The trade usually isn't favorable.

You win most melee range trades. The few that you don't (Kassadin) are the ones I mention going Q first on and, even then, I'm not sure that's really the best way to handle the situation. W opens up the possibility of outplaying every single skill shot champ and it gives you better wave clear and damage over time.

Q lets you play passively from a far. W lets you punish. I play Kat fairly hyper aggressive so W fits me a lot better.

garath

Fair enough but:

You win most melee range trades. The few that you don't (Kassadin) are the ones I mention going Q first on and, even then, I'm not sure that's really the best way to handle the situation. W opens up the possibility of outplaying every single skill shot champ and it gives you better wave clear and damage over time.

Q lets you play passively from a far. W lets you punish. I play Kat fairly hyper aggressive so W fits me a lot better.

Getting that close means the opponent will get at least 1 or 2 autos plus whatever spell they choose to chuck your way not to mention potentially over-extending for a gank. A 675 range Q is almost free harass as a mana user won't keep up over time.

I dunno. I'm open to try anything but I hardly think W is a clear choice. I will be trying a magic pen build today though :p

zkylon

zkylewd
Orianna's is pretty easy with enough AP as well. Though, "with enough AP" basically applies to any champ with a skill that can go through the trees.
Yeah, Ori in general is a pretty amazing pusher/farmer, but I like Morg's better because her QW is just cool.

Won my first ranked game yesterday. Our Ezrael claimed he was a 2400 ELO smurf. Forgot his main account but this was the alleged smurf: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/34061684

Even though I was support I accidentally stole our jungler's blue (his fault I guess for not Smiting) and getting FB. Heh.

Also, free champs this week:

Cho'Gath
Katarina
Viktor
Ziggs
Dr. Mundo
Miss Fortune
Vayne
Skarner
Alistar
Janna

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Won my first ranked game yesterday. Our Ezrael claimed he was a 2400 ELO smurf. Forgot his main account but this was the alleged smurf: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/34061684

Even though I was support I accidentally stole our jungler's blue (his fault I guess for not Smiting) and getting FB. Heh.

Cho'Gath
Katarina
Viktor
Ziggs
Dr. Mundo
Miss Fortune
Vayne
Skarner
Alistar
Janna

Hmm free Kat week I wanna try her out. Also, oh god free Vayne week whyyyy!

scy

Getting that close means the opponent will get at least 1 or 2 autos plus whatever spell they choose to chuck your way not to mention potentially over-extending for a gank. A 675 range Q is almost free harass as a mana user won't keep up over time.

Your autos + two Ws deal more damage in four seconds than four seconds of their auto attack damage, not that this will really pan out this way (unless they run from you when you QEW in, then you pursue to get the extra W in). You shouldn't be going in there when they have a spell off cooldown to hit you with either and not many champs have an ability on as short of a cooldown as you.

You punish every missed skillshot (or just spell on cooldown) with an EW and the movement speed boost is enough to get you out before taking too much damage (that is reduced anyway). EW is an effective 1075 unit range as well, though just Shunpoing to them is a lot easier to do, even at just the 700 range.

If I go in to EW, the opponent has to react. Most mids can't just sit there and try to trade with Kat auto's and another W up in a few seconds. Especially if I do it after dodging whatever skillshot they have (or trust myself to dodge a reactionary skillshot snare).

Also, what match up we're talking about matters a bit here. There's a few point-and-click champs that I'd be hesitant to approach (say, Kassadin) or some burst champs that are nasty (Annie with stun up, fuck Leblanc in general). Then things like Modekaiser, Kennen, Malzahar can just be rough in general. Pretty much every skillshot champ is fair game though.

I dunno. I'm open to try anything but I hardly think W is a clear choice. I will be trying a magic pen build today though :p

To be fair, I haven't played leveling Q first in a long time.

Cho'Gath
Katarina
Viktor
Ziggs
Dr. Mundo
Miss Fortune
Vayne
Skarner
Alistar
Janna

dat Alistar

AcridMeat

Banned

Cho'Gath
Katarina
Viktor
Ziggs
Dr. Mundo
Miss Fortune
Vayne
Skarner
Alistar
Janna
tV0hs.gif

That's a pretty great list, own almost all though. Happy for Kat as I've been thinking about unlocking her.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
That's a pretty great list, own almost all though. Happy for Kat as I've been thinking about unlocking her.
N57gq.gif

Why don't you already own her? She's like 3150.
Also, wouldn't you rather play Viktor?

scy

How many honor points does it takes to get a ribbon?

There's no set number due to the way they work (repeat honors from the same person means they're worth less, some function of how often you're honored, fucking magic). Then there's also the fact that some of the ribbons we don't even know how to unlock as it's apparently not just "get a lot of X, get X ribbon."

Ken

Just because you're a "high ELO smurf" doesn't mean you can insult everyone. You also can't say stupid things like "I GUESS WE HAVE TO CARRY THIS" when you're playing the carries, or say the support doesn't know what wards are when he has 4 in inventory and the enemy Sona has had oracles for 20 minutes.

I really don't want to play this game anymore; there's really no point in playing a game that's just 40 minutes of verbal abuse that goes by unpunished. The online community in this is seriously the worst. At least on XBL I can just mute the mic. Here I have to read every piece of asinine drivel people can spit out.

I really don't want to play this game anymore; there's really no point in playing a game that's just 40 minutes of verbal abuse that goes by unpunished. The online community in this is seriously the worst. At least on XBL I can just mute the mic. Here I have to read every piece of asinine drivel people can spit out.

You can mute teamates from the score panel. Also play with friends or folks from the forum.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

I kind of wish people like this would just go and die in a fire and have no one care about them being gone.
Whoa, wishing death upon others.

Reported for negative attitude. See you at the Tribunal code breaker.

jbzn2qL5HjSHzh.png
jQXBjQTcJgcTi.png

Just because you're a "high ELO smurf" doesn't mean you can insult everyone. You also can't say stupid things like "I GUESS WE HAVE TO CARRY THIS" when you're playing the carries, or say the support doesn't know what wards are when he has 4 in inventory and the enemy Sona has had oracles for 20 minutes.

This makes me want to play ranked.

Inskipp

http://i.imgur.com/N57gq.gif[IMG]
Why don't you already own her? She's like 3150.
[spoiler]Also, wouldn't you rather play Viktor?[/spoiler][/QUOTE]
I haven't owned Kat in my 3 years of playing LoL.

Which is funny, considering I own nearly every other champ (missed the last 2 releases due to on-going hiatus.)

I actually played with an asshole last night and we had a small convo that looked abit like that. Dude kept saying I sucked while he kept tower diving and dying. The entire game he was saying we can't win (we ended up winning) and called everyone idiots for rushing mid and losing a teamfight when he was the one that said to rush mid.

Luckily these encounters are few and far between and I've noticed people have been actively nicer overall since the honor system.

zkylon

zkylewd
I still see too many not-LoL avatars. I'm disappointed in y'all.

Cho'Gath
Katarina
Viktor
Ziggs
Dr. Mundo
Miss Fortune
Vayne
Skarner
Alistar
Janna
Pretty uninteresting week, but will try Mundo and Kat for sure.

The first one is really pr0n
It's no more pr0n than her actual splash art, and it's way cuter.

brian!

you can ignore in game tho, then you won't see their chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom