• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferga

So I've got 6500 points to spend -- I'm just a casual player and I'm pretty good with Anivia but I want to buy a new character. Any favorites here on GAF?

Lee-sin.

Jungle.

They gag my mouth with a sock, put a bag over my head and push me into the jungle as a blind man. Help.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So I've got 6500 points to spend -- I'm just a casual player and I'm pretty good with Anivia but I want to buy a new character. Any favorites here on GAF?
Really you're better off buying cheaper champions and building your roster out. But if you are feeling crazy and want something new Kha'zix is fun (though not super strong). Another option: Zyra is really good right now, and mechanically pretty fun too.

I have a pretty hard time buying champions I've never played though. So I dunno. If we are just talking about most fun champions that are 6300 I would say Lulu right now, and they probably won't be futzing around with her power levels in the near future. She is older to me though I guess.
There's barely any really good fan art of Nautilus out there. :(
This is the best Nautilus picture I have.
qiSFH.jpg

Boken

Banned

Perhaps buy as many champions as you can and have a good time

In s3 news, %penetration will apply before flat penetration. TIME TO RUN ARPEN ON YOUR AD CARRIES NOW.

Also:
tumblr_mc4hkr8EhG1ql8ghvo1_500.jpg

Nobody on GAF knows how to play support Lulu because they suck at her.

Mxrz

Thinking of grabbing Diana since she can apparently do top, mid and jungle. But since there's a Rengar every game, how's she fare against him up top?

Ferga

Thinking of grabbing Diana since she can apparently do top, mid and jungle. But since there's a Rengar every game, how's she fare against him up top?

Wait for free week. Trust me.

After DFG nerf, s3 jungle changes and the previous nerf to her shield, she's going to be low tier in a couple of weeks.

garath

In s3 news, %penetration will apply before flat penetration. TIME TO RUN ARPEN ON YOUR AD CARRIES NOW.

Whoa. That's pretty big. Last whisper rush. Reduce people to nothing. Might make a void staff rush worthwhile too.

scy

I need ArPen Quints for Olaf
and to not be bad at Olaf

Whoa. That's pretty big. Last whisper rush. Reduce people to nothing. Might make a void staff rush worthwhile too.

Eh, it'll probably just make Void Staff a more viable complementary item to a Guise/Sorc Shoes build (Abyssal still applies before it). Rushing a Void Staff doesn't do much for a mid laner when your opponent doesn't get more than ~50-70 MR anyway.

She can't top and, as otherwise mentioned, S3 Jungle changes will put her jungle ability to question. Her mid lane presence got hurt hard with the DFG nerf recently as well. We'll see how viable she'll still be over the next few days (or, basically, will I need to learn a new Kat counter).

garath

She can't top and, as otherwise mentioned, S3 Jungle changes will put her jungle ability to question. Her mid lane presence got hurt hard with the DFG nerf recently as well. We'll see how viable she'll still be over the next few days (or, basically, will I need to learn a new Kat counter).

Crumbzz and Reapered beg to differ. They play a pretty solid Diana top.

scy

Crumbzz and Reapered beg to differ. They play a pretty solid Diana top.

To be fair, I've seen (and done) Katarina top too so I shouldn't really say "can't" for Diana. Still, I wouldn't really think of her as a top laner.

Edit: Put another way, I wouldn't pick up Diana and be trying to take her top without knowing her kit and the bruiser match ups. Many of the strong gap closer bruisers will just have a field day with Diana if you don't know how to play her there.

Boken

Banned
Wake me up at the end and tell me how much Curse won by. Really boring to watch a team lose so slowly.

Early game means nothing when you have a team as shitty as curse.
Curse is trash.

Cop is trash. That huge team fight ACER won was because Cop E'd in to kill skarner and got blasted.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I kind of hope so. With the Jayce and Rengar changes, I need to get to work on more top laners fast :(
You should probably feel like a terrible person just for playing Jayce and Rengar to begin with.

scy

You should probably feel like a terrible person just for playing Jayce and Rengar to begin with.

I played them both long before they actually became "lol broken tier" to the general public! Hell, I was given shit before in this thread for even playing AD Rengar (in the, "lololsobad," kind of way).

Honestly, the Rengar change shouldn't actually make a real difference in how top lane with him operates at low elo. I'll still out sustain most people and the Empowered Q change means one more E lands before the jump in.

garath

I think I'm going to start building morello's evil tome on APs I need cooldown for. With this DFG nerf I don't see many viable CDR builds.

Might as well make the most out of her to pump ELO before she gets nerfed.

Top loses 2nd tower by 20 mins? Bottom getting smacked? NO PROBLEM, GET FED ANYWAY.

Garen was such a bro for hardleashing at the start of the game just so I get blue. I didn't expect that at all and I didn't even ask for it.

4DFAS.jpg

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

But ad already melting tanks like butter with just IE and PD, team fights will be even shorter now, another nerf to tanky dps, and ap mid become more relevant in end game.

May be they are coming up with more defense items with funny actives?

Q is still better first probably. Expect AP Tristana to emerge waaaaaaaaaaaaay more though.

Why would you level her attack speed buff first?

Leveling E first now will result in way better trades in lane.

It seems like everyone always leveled W first and I just don't see the point anymore. You might want to even max it last now.

Blizzard

Banned
I think I'm going to start building morello's evil tome on APs I need cooldown for. With this DFG nerf I don't see many viable CDR builds.
This is almost precisely what someone said, Morello wanted people to buy his tome so he was campaigning for DFG to be nerfed or removed. :p

I'm not sure if I had seen a post-buff Syndra before last night. Someone said she counters Eve so I went Kat instead against her, and I got destroyed in farm. She like 100 CS when I had 60 or 70, and at 39 minutes when the game ended she had maybe 330 to my 270. I think it's rare to see anyone farm as well as she did at my level.

I ended up like 3/1/7 (mid-lane support Kat, fed jungler is best meta) and she was like 3/6/1 so I had more gold in the end anyway though. But she with her 500 AP, combined with a Darius being Darius, kept their base turtled forever. We kept taking down an inhib and then jumping back and forth between towers, but finally something gave and I think we killed the carries to win.

scy

But ad already melting tanks like butter with just IE and PD, team fights will be even shorter now, another nerf to tanky dps, and ap mid become more relevant in end game.

They're also making Armor/MR cost more per point it seems.

Why do you care, though? Buffing ArPen means Fiora is better! Rejoice!!!

Warwick will be back with vengeance in Jungle 3.0. Just you watch!

Warwick is just not scary. I mean, he can ult a lane and that really sucks to deal with but ... he himself is just not that frightening. Warwick ult down? No map presence at all.

This is almost precisely what someone said, Morello wanted people to buy his tome so he was campaigning for DFG to be nerfed or removed. :p

I still won't buy it :/

I'm not sure if I had seen a post-buff Syndra before last night. Someone said she counters Eve so I went Kat instead against her, and I got destroyed in farm. She like 100 CS when I had 60 or 70, and at 39 minutes when the game ended she had maybe 330 to my 270. I think it's rare to see anyone farm as well as she did at my level.

Eve and Kat both do well vs Syndra. She has a knockaway to disengage but her "real" disengage will require positioning and a skill shot to get the stun to land. She has great zoning potential but has issues reestablishing it when it's broken.

Her wave clear and damage is great though. I'm very interested in trying her again with her QoL buffs, though her late game will still basically be "Brings damage, marginal utility" so who knows :(

mercviper

Why would you level her attack speed buff first?

Leveling E first now will result in way better trades in lane.

It seems like everyone always leveled W first and I just don't see the point anymore. You might want to even max it last now.

I always thought standard trist skill leveling went like:

W->E->E->Q->E/Q->R, and then Max Q->W->E.

With the changes I'm not sure if I want to max E->Q->W or Q->E->W

EXGN

I ended up like 3/1/7 (mid-lane support Kat, fed jungler is best meta) and she was like 3/6/1 so I had more gold in the end anyway though. But she with her 500 AP, combined with a Darius being Darius, kept their base turtled forever. We kept taking down an inhib and then jumping back and forth between towers, but finally something gave and I think we killed the carries to win.

Yeah, I played Eve against a Syndra last week. It wasn't pretty, started like 1/3, but then I got rolling by ganking the side lanes and converting kills with my jungler. Ended up 9/5/11, but got 7 kills in row, so at one point I was as bad as 2/5. Keep in mind, this is the first time I had faced Syndra and didn't know what many of her skills did.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
They're also making Armor/MR cost more per point it seems.

Why do you care, though? Buffing ArPen means Fiora is better! Rejoice!!!

I already rushing Brutalizer + black cleaver, which is enough for anyone unless I felt like dueling a tank or ryze. This is also an indirect nerf to black cleaver, since it gives armor reduction instead of penetration, and reduction is always calculated before penetration, so the % penetration change will have no effect on the item.

----------

I am looking at the new TT items, there are so many awesome stuff in there:

NEW ITEM Blade of the Ruined King

Recipe: Bilgewater Cutlass
Total gold cost: 2825 (upgrade cost: 1000)
+40 Attack Damage
+10% Life Steal
Unique Passive: Your attacks deal 4% of the target's current health in magic damage and heals you for half the amount (120 max vs. minions).
Unique Active: Drains target champion, dealing 150% physical damage plus 50% of your attack damage and healing you by the same amount. Additionally, you steal 30% of their movement speed for 2 seconds (1 minute cooldown).

Recipe: Cloak of Agility + Long Sword
Total gold cost: 1955 (combine cost: 710)
+20 Attack Damage
+18% Critical Strike Chance
Unique Passive: Your basic attacks inflict Grievous Wounds on enemy champions, causing 50% reduced healing and regeneration for 1.5 seconds.

Recipe: Madred's Razors
Total gold cost: 1200 (upgrade cost: 200)
+25 Attack Damage
+30 Armor
Unique Passive: Your basic attacks against minions and monsters have a 20% chance to deal 300 bonus magic damage.
Unique Active: A stealth-detecting mist grants vision in the target area for 10 seconds (1 minute cooldown).

NEW ITEM Blackfire Torch

Recipe: Kage's Lucky Pick + Catalyst
Total gold cost: 2890 (combine cost: 800)
+50 Ability Power
+300 Health
+350 Mana
Unique Passive: Your spells burn for an additional 5% of the target's maximum Health in magic damage over 3 seconds (effect halfed for AoE and and damage over time).

Actual useful that you can buy to counter a certain elements of the game, and that last item is custom made for Ahri. The damage over time (3s) matches her W's cd, and it is consider a single target spell that hit 3 champions at the same time. Also built off GP10 and catalyst, need it on SR so bad.

scy

I already rushing Brutalizer + black cleaver, which is enough for anyone unless I felt like dueling a tank or ryze. This is also an indirect nerf to black cleaver, since it gives armor reduction instead of penetration, and reduction is always calculated before penetration, so the % penetration change will have no effect on the item.

It means you can go Brutalizer + Wit's End though. Wit's End gives her ult more damage (on-hit deals full damage, not reduced) for dueling.

Brutalizer -> Wit's End -> Youmuu's + Brutalizer! All that ArPen, CDR, and better dueling!

I am looking at the new TT items, there are so many awesome stuff in there

I have a need for some of the new TT items. So good.

Bilgewater reworked just for TT?

No, that first one is the Blade of the Ruined King which has Bilgewater as a component.

Blizzard

Banned
Does that Blackfire Torch description mean that there's no cooldown and EACH single-target spell is going to burn for 5% of enemy health? That sounds massive for certain champions, though maybe I'm just imagining things. Does LeBlanc have 2 or just 1 non-AOE spell? Ryze has two and the Ryze cooldown cycle, so in theory you might get at minimum QWQ (W is snare if I recall correctly) in one combo, if you're good or lucky an extra Q...which would be an extra 15-20% of enemy health magic damage from that one item alone. Though I guess if you ulted with Ryze you'd lose the bonuses because the spells would become AOE.

Aw, they nerfed Blacktorch so that it also affects DoT spells. It was amazing on Swain's E, since the effect only halved for AoE back then.

And no I believe multiple spells just refreshed the duration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom