• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXGN

NEW ITEM Blackfire Torch

Recipe: Kage's Lucky Pick + Catalyst
Total gold cost: 2890 (combine cost: 800)
+50 Ability Power
+300 Health
+350 Mana
Unique Passive: Your spells burn for an additional 5% of the target's maximum Health in magic damage over 3 seconds (effect halfed for AoE and and damage over time).

Wouldn't be surprised to see DFG get a similar treatment. It's supposed to counter bruisers and tanks, this seems like the go-to solution.

scy

Yeah, it refreshes, not stacks. Ryze and Cass are ridiculous with it, though pre-nerf Torch with Singed was kind of funny I imagine.

mercviper

Yeah, it refreshes, not stacks. Ryze and Cass are ridiculous with it, though pre-nerf Torch with Singed was kind of funny I imagine.

Do you know if there's 2 debuffs? One for AoE and one for direct damage? If not, does AoE refresh the 5% debuff, or does it overwrite it with a 2.5% debuff? Same questions apply to single target spells.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
if you type in thereisnourflevel at the patch screen you get into the game, if you have downloaded the patch that is

Boken

Banned
jblvo.png

Forever alone.jpg

Also, championship icons are removed

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
cant find the new ward skins, all the new skins are in their champs icons but not available

scy

Do you know if there's 2 debuffs? One for AoE and one for direct damage? If not, does AoE refresh the 5% debuff, or does it overwrite it with a 2.5% debuff? Same questions apply to single target spells.

I honestly have no idea. How does Rylai's treat it? They use the same code for determining which spells apply the debuff.

I actually thought of Torch with Singed and it kinda sucked. Against regular minions, the damage ticks I see went from 90 to 96 ish, since it sums your Q and the Torch passive.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
THE REIGN OF EZREAL IS OVER!

(Thank god)

scy

Er, it's maxHP shred. Of course it's fairly bad raw number wise vs a minion. It was 1.67% MaxHP per second for three seconds that refreshed itself per second. This meant that a single application of Singed poison was 8.33% MaxHP + 66-210 Damage + .9 AP.

Edit: To note, +6 Damage per tick is around 1.67% of a 360 HP target. That is still worth 18 AP on his Q. Vs a 1000 HP target, that's ~17 HP/tick or ~55 AP to his Q, 2000 HP target is ~33 HP/tick or ~111 AP, etc.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I am watching Boken and Schmatt in a game and the new Twisted Treeline is fucking weird. Also, not that many trees!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I am watching Boken and Schmatt in a game and the new Twisted Treeline is fucking weird. Also, not that many trees!

That giant spider boss is really damn scary AOE pull and unavoidable damage unlike Baron pools.

LCGeek

formerly sane
But ad already melting tanks like butter with just IE and PD, team fights will be even shorter now, another nerf to tanky dps, and ap mid become more relevant in end game.

PD is always useful but a IE/BT aren't always a sure way to melt people especially if they are focusing on armor or have an fh to slow down your output. Personally I'm glad arpen is taking a more prominent place this season during the last one it was gutted by dumb math and the fact you could literally keep buying just plain damage without almost any need for it.

Tanky dps is a contradiction to me and glad it seeing it's proper nerf.

garath

That new lantern item looks pretty good for junglers.

Also, for those who play new Kat, do you max W or E after Q?

Q->W->E

scy and I disagree on this one :p

We'll agree on maxing E last though.

Another question about Kat: do you get any AD and why? And I don't mean Gunblade, I mean I can tell when I'm spectating that people are getting that 3 AD mastery instead of 4 AP; things like that. I know she scales with AD but that seems pointless.

I get AD masteries. My current masteries for Kat are 9/21/0. The 9 is the 3 AD points, cooldown reduction and magic pen. It's a question of 3 AD vs 3 AP. Which will you get more out of? the 3ap is scaled to only getting 40% out of it applied to her damage where the AD helps last hitting slightly and her W and R have twice the AD ratio as AP. They are both negligible but in the small scale of things, the AD helps a little more.

W then Q then E.
Another question about Kat: do you get any AD and why? And I don't mean Gunblade, I mean I can tell when I'm spectating that people are getting that 3 AD mastery instead of 4 AP; things like that. I know she scales with AD but that seems pointless.

zkylon

zkylewd
I always get the 3 AD, helps a bit with CSing and autoattack harassing and 4 AP doesn't matter all that much when you have 400+.

scy

I mean, I can try more Q first games but the trade off just doesn't feel worth it. Inferior harass (yes, safer range for Q only harass but less mobility on QEWs, harder to punish when they go to cs), inferior lane pushing, inferior farm. There's good reason why Tiensi, scarra, etc. all do W first.

I don't build AD (and Gunblade isn't a cost efficient item for her anymore, honestly). I do get 3 AD for her and most my APs just for the help when last hitting. This applies even to Champs like Vlad who don't benefit from the AD at all.

3 AD is also +2 Damage to her W and +9 damage to her ult, which is entirely pointless to think of but there you go! Still, better than the +3 AP bonus for the most part.

garath

I mean, I can try more Q first games but the trade off just doesn't feel worth it. Inferior harass (yes, safer range for Q only harass but less mobility on QEWs, harder to punish when they go to cs), inferior lane pushing, inferior farm. There's good reason why Tiensi, scarra, etc. all do W first.

Tiensi does Q first. I haven't seen scarra play in awhile but last I did he was Q first also. Tiensi made a big point about Q first last couple games he moved to Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr-n4Dj5bbc&feature=g-user-u

But really, different strokes. I prefer to harass with distance and not expose myself to ganks and counter harass. It's a more passive farming style of play. I punish over time and all-in when they don't expect it. I know the aggressive style works as well. No doubt.

edit:

Found this on reddit. Pretty good read about OP champs.

http://www.reignofgaming.net/blogs/...verpowered-champions-and-player-perception-of

Blizzard

Banned
Tiensi does Q first. I haven't seen scarra play in awhile but last I did he was Q first also. Tiensi made a big point about Q first last couple games he moved to Youtube.

But really, different strokes. I prefer to harass with distance and not expose myself to ganks and counter harass. It's a more passive farming style of play. I punish over time and all-in when they don't expect it. I know the aggressive style works as well. No doubt.
Thanks for this information, it's interesting that one person says they're both Q first and one person says they're both W first. Maybe one or both of them changed? I tried W first recently, and it does help against minions, but it would probably be a bad idea if there's a jungler or an AP mid who can instantly stun/kill you.

One of the things about Q that drives me nuts now, aside from it no longer reducing healing, and aside from its reduced damage, is that Q bounces to the closest enemies instead of random. It'd be better if it prioritized champions, and nice if the random bounces like before could hit enemies, but a LOT of the time now, there are so many minions in a wave, I feel like even minor separation between the enemy mid and the minions means Q will bounce to all of the minions, you'll have to stare at whatever weird skin the enemy mid has and try to determine whether it now has a knife icon over it, and if it didn't hit them then you presumably have to wait for another Q to come off cooldown so you can jump in and W them.

scy

I'll watch it when I get home but I know scarra's been questioned about it a few times whenever he inevitably gets asked about Kat and his response is max W first. I don't watch Tiensi that often but the few Kat games I did see were definitely not maxed Q's first.

garath

Thanks for this information, it's interesting that one person says they're both Q first and one person says they're both W first. Maybe one or both of them changed? I tried W first recently, and it does help against minions, but it would probably be a bad idea if there's a jungler or an AP mid who can instantly stun/kill you.

One of the things about Q that drives me nuts now, aside from it no longer reducing healing, and aside from its reduced damage, is that Q bounces to the closest enemies instead of random. It'd be better if it prioritized champions, and nice if the random bounces like before could hit enemies, but a LOT of the time now, there are so many minions in a wave, I feel like even minor separation between the enemy mid and the minions means Q will bounce to all of the minions, you'll have to stare at whatever weird skin the enemy mid has and try to determine whether it now has a knife icon over it, and if it didn't hit them then you presumably have to wait for another Q to come off cooldown so you can jump in and W them.

It wouldn't surprise me if scarra switched to W. He's a hyper aggressive mid and it would fit his playstyle. I'm fairly certain Tiensi is still Q first. The last two games he uploaded to youtube expressed as much. He laid out his reasonings pretty well.

edit:

I also linked the wrong Tiensi video. He definitely maxes Q in the one I linked but that was because he was facing Akali.

This video he talks about it in general.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5KqG437eNc&feature=g-user-u

here's right where he starts talking about it :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=G5KqG437eNc#t=236s

edit2:

This is starting to feel like Twilight... TEAM TIENSI!

scy

It wouldn't surprise me if scarra switched to W. He's a hyper aggressive mid and it would fit his playstyle. I'm fairly certain Tiensi is still Q first. The last two games he uploaded to youtube expressed as much. He laid out his reasonings pretty well.

It also helps the farming. Push the lane, farm wraiths, look to gank, rinse, repeat. The faster you can clear a wave, the better.

Granted, as opponents get better at farming under turret, pushing the lane super fast isn't as good as poking to deny cs. But, Kat poke isn't scary at all in general. At least not compared to the poke other champs have. At best, hers isn't a skillshot.

Wait, Q first vs a Karthus? hahaha, oh wow. I definitely need to watch this when I get home. Karthus is my ideal match up for W first. Speed boost lets you practically ignore Defile and Wall while you just run by skittles. This logic applies to basically all the good farmers (e.g., Anivia). Force them back to turret as much as possible. Punish their bad auto attack animations. Dodge skillshots all day.

This is starting to feel like Twilight... TEAM TIENSI!

I don't really care. If anything, the fact some level Q first is beneficial if only since it diversifies the match up. Dealing with Q first Kat and W first Kat are entirely different things.

garath

It also helps the farming. Push the lane, farm wraiths, look to gank, rinse, repeat. The faster you can clear a wave, the better.

Granted, as opponents get better at farming under turret, pushing the lane super fast isn't as good as poking to deny cs. But, Kat poke isn't scary at all in general. At least not compared to the poke other champs have. At best, hers isn't a skillshot.

Wait, Q first vs a Karthus? hahaha, oh wow. I definitely need to watch this when I get home. Karthus is my ideal match up for W first. Speed boost lets you practically ignore Defile and Wall while you just run by skittles. This logic applies to basically all the good farmers (e.g., Anivia). Force them back to turret as much as possible. Punish their bad auto attack animations. Dodge skillshots all day.

I don't really care. If anything, the fact some level Q first is beneficial if only since it diversifies the match up. Dealing with Q first Kat and W first Kat are entirely different things.

It's when they are farming under turret that I really need my Q poke. Else I'm taking tower shots all day. I usually end up zoning the opponent and they're under turret most of the game. Perhaps I should try to freeze the lane harder when that happens but I like pushing to roam and farm wraiths. /shrug.

scy

It depends on how deep they are behind their tower. In front/close to the front edge of it and you can W and run out with aggro but before it fires. Beyond the middle of it, you'll have to WE to get out. These times are when I'd like a better Q. Still, hitting them whenever the cooldown is up isn't bad, especially since I'd have front loaded most of my damage onto them even getting the lane pushed back to the turret.

With them under their turret, I just take their wraiths and my wraiths (sry Merc, Rex, basically every Jungler ever). If the wave is still stuck at turret, I'll try to roam for a kill. The way I see it, if they're a good farmer, they wouldn't miss much cs while in lane so the turret at least complicates matters. If they can wave clear really well, the lane should reset quickly and I'll be up wraiths. If they keep the lane frozen at their turret, I can pressure a lane (or finally go back to buy >>).

I will say that maxed Q first means your QEW does more damage. I just feel like W first has a safer QEW along with better farming potential and more consistent damage. I'll gladly eat an auto-attack if it means denying a cs and getting a non-Shunpo'd W off.

I dunno. Maybe next in-house that Kat isn't banned in I'll go Q first. Then I can just make Kiunch answer this question for me on which is worse to deal with.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Don't like new TTL"(!)" at all. Very empty map. Takes too long to get where you need to. Bushes are in all the wrong spots to discourage invasion unless you're ahead so the map snowballs even harder than SR.

Mothman91

So do I, bro. Either they buffed her too much or people have been playing her better, but I can never win a Kat lane anymore...

I just see her a lot more in my games than usual. Each time I see her, I'm thinking, "red head janitor looking motha fucka pos."

Pancakes

I beat a Cho'gath top with Kat!

I'm pretty sure he had never played Cho before. Or at least I kind of hope so. I still need to watch that replay to see what their Jungler was off doing when I was such an easy gank...

He was probably building for top instead of AP dunno. You can't poke Cho down because of his passive, he has two ways to prevent your ult. If you get close, Cho can just scream and knock you up since you can't shun po away.

So there really is no way to lose lane against a Kat without their jungler helping.

Q8D3vil

So do I, bro. Either they buffed her too much or people have been playing her better, but I can never win a Kat lane anymore...

she is easy to begin with, she is the perfect character to play vs skillshot like orianna and ahri.
she is definitely op and need to be fixed.

Pancakes

she is easy to begin with, she is the perfect character to play vs skillshot like orianna and ahri.
she is definitely op and need to be fixed.

It wouldn't even be so bad if she had mana costs or something. But as she is now, she can just nonstop and stay in lane longer than almost any mid.

Merovin

Just did a ranked fives, managed to win, though it was a tough game, check their Vaynes profile after to see this:

bo31U.jpg

(Bearing in mind my ELO is terrible haha)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom