• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Cooldowns are sort of short (6s Q both forms, 12s W both forms, 14s -1s per Level E for Human / 26s -2s per Level E for Spider, 4s R both forms). Her E is a great way to engage but she's a very all-in champ with it. Her E Stun does no damage as well so keep that in mind (the stun doesn't get better with more points either, just the CD decrease).

Her Spider W is the best Attack Speed steroid (besides Jayce's auto-max) and her Human W has a weird targeting from PBE reports.

Edit: Worth note that her Spiders do not scale with her Magic Pen (or her Armor Pen if you go that routederp) and her Spider Form on-hit damage does not work on turrets.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Ya, I mean, she's basically 2 champs. Don't know what her cooldowns are, but she's got stun, burst dmg, life steal, gap closing/escape and invulnerability. C'mon...

Better buy her before they nerf her, amirite?
I think you guys are overestimating her potential, depending on the numbers her spiderlings put out. While she has a stun it's only usable while in a specific form, lasts 1.5 seconds and doesn't increase in duration, and is a skillshot (although the range is incredibly good).

Her burst actually isn't great without a true ultimate. This is going to be the biggest drawback obviously and her numbers are actually fairly modest. I find it unlikely people will really pick her up to do damage, or to play her as a mage. She seems very much based around her spiderlings, and having them do damage with her. As such, her human form is a stage that offers some utility and the ability to play/farm safely from a range but it's also sort of a road block where she has to build up an effective spider form with a full set of spiderlings. At late stages of the game this could take as many as five spells.

She seems like a champion who will wind up going top/jungling, and I see her being more useful as a tank potentially than a damage dealer, as weird as that sounds. Without being tanky I just don't see the potential for her to get her damage off, but she seems like a good pick versus high HP champs/comps.

Oh, and Rappel is not really an escape. Elise acts as a predator, and is only able to move in with it because it has to target an enemy. The situation where she gets away with it in the video is pretty rare. Really though the vision it grants even through brush is what will make it strong.

scy

Just a note: Spiders actually do benefit from Elise's Armor Penetration. Oops!

I think you guys are overestimating her potential, depending on the numbers her spiderlings put out.

10/20/30/40 with +10% AP scaling. Thats with 2/3/4/5 Spiderlings.

As such, her human form is a stage that offers some utility and the ability to play/farm safely from a range but it's also sort of a road block where she has to build up an effective spider form with a full set of spiderlings. At late stages of the game this could take as many as five spells.

Well, if they survive a fight when she goes Spider->Human, they remain in stock.

"If."

She seems like a champion who will wind up going top/jungling, and I see her being more useful as a tank potentially than a damage dealer, as weird as that sounds.

Basically the route I'm expecting her to go. Rod of Ages, Rylai's, and then tanky stuff with her in top lane. Should be interesting.

Oh, and Rappel is not really an escape. Elise acts as a predator, and is only able to move in with it because it has to target an enemy. The situation where she gets away with it in the video is pretty rare. Really though the vision it grants even through brush is what will make it strong.

Yeah, Rappel is a great gap close ... but a shitty escape. It's an invuln, yes, but it doesn't move her unless she targets an enemy (if it times out, it drops her where she was when she cast it, not where she targeted).

dimb

10/20/30/40 with +10% AP scaling. Thats with 2/3/4/5 Spiderlings.
I saw these numbers, and they're pretty high, especially late game. I'm not sure how Elise's attack speed impacts the spiderlings entirely though or how their attack patterns and targeting will work, so it's something I need to see in game to get a better feel of.

I saw this and it's pretty cool.
When Elise dies, she will respawn with maximum Spiderling Charges.

What's that, Southern? He's not showing up in bot lane OR mid in 55% of games anymore? Isn't that an improvement? Wouldn't it be a little selfish of you to feel otherwise? :p

I play Dom, bro, with me it was near 100% :p

P.S. A Katarina made me rage today. I was freezing a Jax bot and then she shows up and wreaks my shit repeatedly.

scy

I saw these numbers, and they're pretty high, especially late game. I'm not sure how Elise's attack speed impacts the spiderlings entirely.

I don't think her Attack Speed works on them but I'm not sure. .665 + 5-25% doesn't seem to match the attack speeds shown in the Champion Spotlight.

I'd like to build Nashor's on her for an offensive item but ... doubtful that'll work out. I'll never build that seriously :(

Well shes not out

Oh, I thought she was.

Also, TT can be frustrating at times if you don't get the right teammates. Just had a game where the enemy was all poke but ours was tanky enough to take it including me healing up any damage.

My team didn't understand this and thought the best choice was to repeatedly dive the enemy team even though I told them to stay back as I proceeded to chunk their Ez two times in a row for under 5% hp.

Would of repeated the process for the other two so we could engage safely and win but they left tower and dove mindlessly leaving me to defend the nexus which I couldn't do without them acting as shields.

windz

She appears to be ridiculous. You know, at least we still have Trundle. Right?

Right? I'm just being a bit of a bitch, but seriously. There are so many worthless champions that are completely neglected then they come out with this - lol. She will be nerfed into the ground if she's too OP - which I can only assume she will be. No joke, playing against an Elise basically means Flash is no longer an issue. Flash over a wall in a jungle when you know your enemies flash are down? DGAF ELISE GUN GIVE IT TO YA.

Maybe when Elise spawns she'll just pop a skill and pounce to your location at your spawn, proceeding to wtfspider your face off. Hey anything's possible these days. I'm waiting for the time where champions have THREE options for kits/swaps to go to. Cmon Riot, make it happen. I want to be a Spider, Fox, AND a shining example of Ionia courage. (Maybe Demacia too, I could use a spin and win).

This has probably been discussed before but I was banned for a month so I skipped it and don't wanna go looking for it again...

How exactly does the honor system work? I ask because I had the Great Teamate ribbon at 15 teamwork, then upgraded to Great Leader at 30 something, and now I'm almost at 70 and I've been demoted to Great Teamate again... How does this work and how do I go back to being Kim Jong-il?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
She appears to be ridiculous. You know, at least we still have Trundle. Right?

Right? I'm just being a bit of a bitch, but seriously. There are so many worthless champions that are completely neglected then they come out with this - lol. She will be nerfed into the ground if she's too OP - which I can only assume she will be. No joke, playing against an Elise basically means Flash is no longer an issue. Flash over a wall in a jungle when you know your enemies flash are down? DGAF ELISE GUN GIVE IT TO YA.

Maybe when Elise spawns she'll just pop a skill and pounce to your location at your spawn, proceeding to wtfspider your face off. Hey anything's possible these days. I'm waiting for the time where champions have THREE options for kits/swaps to go to. Cmon Riot, make it happen. I want to be a Spider, Fox, AND a shining example of Ionia courage. (Maybe Demacia too, I could use a spin and win).

There is a little bit of power creep going on within the new champions lately. Even if you nerf their damage they still have great utility to make up for it.

Ferga

I like how rappel has no mana cost.

It just seems so right for elise. She's this ap bruiser champ who has a free escape when she is in melee form. It's really nice especially since she's pretty squishy.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I like how rappel has no mana cost.

It just seems so right for elise. She's this ap bruiser champ who has a free escape when she is in melee form. It's really nice especially since she's pretty squishy.

Wait... no mana cost? Lol?

Also, they need to stop making champs that start with ultimate or have changeable skills due to shifting with ults. I feel like it's lazy design.

Nome

They put all the camps right on top of the lanes specifically so you could grab them while still farming in lane. I really don't understand a lot of the design of the map. Who is going to want to take the double lane and share farm?

Jungling is probably slightly too strong right now, but I've seen some very successful dual-laning. You generally will want to dual-lane when...
1. You know your dual bully will cause the opposing solo to get screwed over.
2. You believe that the amount you can screw over the opposing solo is enough to offset the jungle gold.
3. You want to push fairly quickly.

I saw a Vayne+Taric bot and top Swain completely shut down a Jax bot, Lee jungle, top Karma. Finished the game in 17 minutes. YMMV, and there still needs to be a good bit of tuning, but I think there's definitely viable choices here, especially after we spend some more time tuning the jungle.

dimb

Jungling is probably slightly too strong right now, but I've seen some very successful dual-laning. You generally will want to dual-lane when...
1. You know your dual bully will cause the opposing solo to get screwed over.
2. You believe that the amount you can screw over the opposing solo is enough to offset the jungle gold.
3. You want to push fairly quickly.

I saw a Vayne+Taric bot and top Swain completely shut down a Jax bot, Lee jungle, top Karma. Finished the game in 17 minutes. YMMV, and there still needs to be a good bit of tuning, but I think there's definitely viable choices here, especially after we spend some more time tuning the jungle.
Thanks for replying. Oh, and you came up today when I was talking to someone from old HoNGAF. I was curious as to what it was you were working on at Riot that's been released, though I don't know if that's something you're allowed or want to talk about.

bluemax

Banned
Yo, real talk. I hate people who play support heroes and don't actually build support items.

Hey Taric, that Warmogs and boots of mobility combo sure helped us a lot more than an Aegis would have!

Ferga

What if.... what if....

SR had 6 players per team?

2 top, solo mid, 2 bot

Tank/utility jungler

Probably adc/support in both top and bot lanes. Or maybe bruiser/support bot to gain more control over dragon

It'll take months before that meta changes imo because of the hive mind

Ferga

So it's like 1800 RP or something?

Yup. All the others are 975rp. Was really looking forward to zombie brand but 1820 is too much for a champ ill rarely play so meh

Got my haunted maokai. Looking forward to playing with all the gaf headmistresses and zombies

Ken

Yup. All the others are 975rp. Was really looking forward to zombie brand but 1820 is too much for a champ ill rarely play so meh

Got my haunted maokai. Looking forward to playing with all the gaf headmistresses and zombies

Good thing I don't play Brand.

Ferga

You can unless they patched it out? I used to do it all the time to test ping and try out new champions.

Can't do it right now

ArTgSh.png

Mxrz

Guh. I want that Fiora skin, but i'm terrible with her. Even more so than normal.

Bought Elise cause why not? Even if she's nerfed, her setup seems pretty good. Safer at least.

Slowly climbing dat solo queue.

SUDDENLY
- 4v5
- I keep lagging around 20:00-25:00 mins
- Mundo apologizes and leaves by 35:00

Good thing
- Sona was good at 1v2, and Mundo was great
- Enemy had terrible composition
- Ezreal comes back at 35:00
- Mundo comes back at 40:00

I asked Sona if she can go ADC but she still went with a support build (minus wards).

I got first pick. Low ELO so I don't really think they'll try to counter pick me. I went "oshi" when I saw Ryze... then Annie... then Fizz. I got a bit worried and thought that they might be put three counters in mid to really cripple me, or put a counter on every lane.

I'm still really surprised at how I even ended up with this composition on my ELO.

Q8D3vil

First bot game after patch; Zombie Brand and Ugly Flower Elise.

Legendary pricing no problem.

i just got the bundle, i thought it was ok from the videos :/
Hmm...Haunted Maokai and Headmistress Fiora are the only ones that seem great.
that skin is cheap fan service. beside the boobs everything about it is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom