• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Don't really like her skillset. I couldn't get into it before and I can't now months later.

Going back to Ahri/Nid/Kat rotation.

You're good at kat and other much easier casters but can't abuse an LB. People hate her drop off but they are the same ones that forget to put magic pen on her or a zhonyas.

You're good at kat and other much easier casters but can't abuse an LB. People hate her drop off but they are the same ones that forget to put magic pen on her or a zhonyas.

I don't think we've played before. How would you know what I'm good at?

I just think her skill set in particular doesn't jive with me.

Ferga

Dragon Trainer Lulu
Noxian/Zaun Darius
Ascended Varus
Special Forces Miss Fortune
Dark Harvester Viktor
Metal Wing Kayle

New incoming skins apparently

I'm eyeing that lulu and varus skin.

And i want my Udyr legendary skin already :(

y2dvd

Lulzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz only +5 pts oh you duo queuers!!!!

N3ltV.jpg

Ferga

Lulzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz only +5 pts oh you duo queuers!!!!

I've gotten +2 before. Had a 2000elo duo queue when I was in 1400s. And it was probably the longest game I've ever played as well (69 and a half minutes). The 2000 guy didn't even carry :(

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Dragon Trainer Lulu
Noxian/Zaun Darius
Ascended Varus
Dark Harvester Viktor
Metal Wing Kayle

Need pics of this now!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
But now soda cop will always play Lulu.
I already play her pretty often. The only reason I am moving away from her somewhat is because I wanted to pick up Kha'Zix. It will feel weird owning two skins for one champion and none for any of the others.

Ken

Dragon Trainer Lulu
Noxian/Zaun Darius
Ascended Varus
Dark Harvester Viktor
Metal Wing Kayle

Let's see if SF MF will be a stripper outfit.

Her healing lvl 2 or 3 is more than enough till six. If your partner or you need more healing than this it's not her whose at fault.

Also I doubt most people are willing to eat silence, q, and aa each time they come in on me or others I know who do it well. The silence ensures that no matter who adc or support is one of them can't do jack for a good few seconds before they are forced out of the trade.

When it comes to janna her shield was broke before but good luck convincing certain gaf jannas who have fed me early game multiple times she is bad. Most supports like most other OP types from S1 got hit hard. Yet if you were good with them before they are still good now very few characters are complete garbage. Also I barely solo queue ask merc and others here who troll premades with me it's about the right situation allowing usage of them after that it's up to you or your partners.

Unsure what you're doing but most I see use either soraka or janna with me rarely get in to issues you're mentioning.

There is no perfect support bottom it's just a matter of synergies or realizing you're out gunned till lvl 6, 9, or 11 hits.

Soraka's healing doesn't keep up with eg. a single full power cord poke combo until it reaches level 3. Good soraka's can disrupt that but then you've also got the adc trying to poke you on top of that. And the problem is you continued to be outgunned with Soraka even post 6 because you pay a heavy price in lane power for the global ult. They even nerfed the cooldown to 160s from 120s while eg. Sona gets her big gun every 150s and it's much bigger in lane. You can help other lanes with it, but I would strongly argue that outright having control of bot lane is a much bigger help to the team as Soraka currently stands.

I'm not saying they are so totally trash you can never win with them but the reward vs risk with them is such that they aren't reliable any more and other supports can give much better rewards.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Soraka's healing doesn't keep up with eg. a single full power cord poke combo until it reaches level 3. Good soraka's can disrupt that but then you've also got the adc trying to poke you on top of that. And the problem is you continued to be outgunned with Soraka even post 6 because you pay a heavy price in lane power for the global ult. They even nerfed the cooldown to 160s from 120s while eg. Sona gets her big gun every 150s and it's much bigger in lane. You can help other lanes with it, but I would strongly argue that outright having control of bot lane is a much bigger help to the team as Soraka currently stands.

I'm not saying they are so totally trash you can never win with them but the reward vs risk with them is such that they aren't reliable any more and other supports can give much better rewards.

Again I already mentioned what soraka can do to a adc or support trying to poke her. On mumble or vent coordination can make up for a lot I speak from my own personal experience of using her but also having good duos. GG doing your combo vs smart people after a few times they will make you pay for it. Oh you're coming in silenced and you will be losing more on trades. Sona dies like anyone when focused and if she can't cast or trade without winning she is dead like any other opponent who relies on their stats vs smarts.

Soraka doesn't need to make up for what you mentioned. Ever try soraka with defensive focus sona's harass is crap with mr 60+ during the early game.

There is no broke support on bottom most can be countered by positioning, good trades, and ganks when they go over aggressive too quickly or as certain gaffers have trolled with me at times wards/teleport.

I'm the last person to get in to a risk/reward argument. I'm one of the few gaffers that for themselves beats odds a good portion of the time. If I took what you said seriously I wouldn't use the characters I do at the times do and pull off the trolls I do. For winning a consistent majority of 3k worth of games think I get to speak for potential vs probability.

edit - probably won't have a new machine as expected soon parts were being shipped out of NJ at the time of hurricane sandy.

I called solo top.

Captain picks Fizz.

Enemy picks Nasus and Lee.

I pick Garen as counter to Nasus. Someone picks Graves.

Enemies pick Xin and Ashe. Okay, I'll likely face Xin or Nasus.

Teammate locks Teemo.

Later on, game starts, Teemo heads bot.

Laning phase starts. Teemo just walks all the way from bot to top and bluntly sits there. I called him out but he doesn't talk. I got forced to go bot because Graves can't really handle Xin + Ashe well.

Now me and Graves face Xin and Ashe. Obviously our lane got raped.

SIGH, Teemo doesn't ever talk. I know he can also pound Nasus, but it'd be better if I can go there then he and Graves can do real well against Xin + Ashe.

I was so mad throughout the match but I wasn't really talking except for calls to go top. We lost as SOMEHOW Teemo went 3/2/1 against Nasus.

If I knew Teemo would go top I would have went Taric or Soraka.

THIS GAME

zkylon

zkylewd
I recommend not playing ranked unless you're certain you're gonna carry like a motherfucker in your first 20 matches.

Also, I'm an honorable opponent now :3

Ferga

ONE MORE LEVEL!

I'm scared at the rage I'm going to encounter when I start doing ranked :(

200 games played in ranked, still can't stand it. Might as well play it and get use to it. I personally find playing with groups to be a lot more fun. Only play ranked for elo rewards.

Ken

But I've been looking forward to getting to this point and getting dat ELO going lol. I just gotta form a team so they can help me and not rage all the time.

But you can only take at most two in? Unless you're talking about ranked 5v5s.

Q8D3vil

I called solo top.

Captain picks Fizz.

Enemy picks Nasus and Lee.

I pick Garen as counter to Nasus. Someone picks Graves.

Enemies pick Xin and Ashe. Okay, I'll likely face Xin or Nasus.

Teammate locks Teemo.

Later on, game starts, Teemo heads bot.

Laning phase starts. Teemo just walks all the way from bot to top and bluntly sits there. I called him out but he doesn't talk. I got forced to go bot because Graves can't really handle Xin + Ashe well.

Now me and Graves face Xin and Ashe. Obviously our lane got raped.

SIGH, Teemo doesn't ever talk. I know he can also pound Nasus, but it'd be better if I can go there then he and Graves can do real well against Xin + Ashe.

I was so mad throughout the match but I wasn't really talking except for calls to go top. We lost as SOMEHOW Teemo went 3/2/1 against Nasus.

If I knew Teemo would go top I would have went Taric or Soraka.

THIS GAME
dont give up your position to trolls.

Ashhong

But you can only take at most two in? Unless you're talking about ranked 5v5s.

I was talking about ranked 5v5s. Under what circumstances can I only take 2 in? Sorry I haven't actually looked into how the ranking system works yet.

Ferga

I've been playing with GAF a bit too much. I forget people in solo queue are not map aware at all or listen to pings :\

You guys made my expectationts for solo queue too high

zkylon

zkylewd
So, I think I'll add the Hextech Revolver back into my Ahri build. It'll be: Boots + 3HP pots -> 2 Dorans -> Hextech Revolver -> Sorcs Boots -> Abyssal -> Rabs -> WotA.

It gives me a bit more survivability while not being boring like RoA or Rylais.

y2dvd

dont give up your position to trolls.

Actually usually you do if you want to increase your chances of winning. It's sad how trolls rage when they don't get their own way. Just gotta suck it up and go with what they want.

Also, Riot told me that sunglasses are great accessories to protect my eyes from the sun. Best tip yet.

Boken

Banned
Nope.

Preface by saying two people called mid but neither would budge. Eventually we had Malzahar and Janna bot. This is also my like, 4th game with Darius so I was just running around pressing R.

Why dont you report people

garath

Has Rengar been on sale yet? I don't recall. Debating buying him but if he hasn't been on sale yet, should be soon and I'll wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom