• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.
7mr3r.jpg

Ferrio

Banned
I'm going to run Shy against any lulu when that comes out. Q her stupid face off.

edit: Smash that stupid pixie too.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm going to run Shy against any lulu when that comes out. Q her stupid face off.

edit: Smash that stupid pixie too.
I wish people ran Shyvana top when I go there as Lulu. Couldn't imagine an easier lane. Not that people can usually tell what the pick is until later on though, because the nice thing about Lulu is that she's usually an ambiguous pick that people expect as support.

I wish people ran Shyvana top when I go there as Lulu. Couldn't imagine an easier lane. Not that people can usually tell what the pick is until later on though, because the nice thing about Lulu is that she's usually an ambiguous pick that people expect as support.

I'll admit to being one of those foolish people previously. In one of my ranked matches the 5th member requested mid so I gave it to him. He locked in lulu and I thought he was trolling. But he was destroying his lane in both CS and kills. A lot of people really don't know how to deal with lulu mid at all.

Ferrio

Banned

Didn't say I'd lane against her. I just might pop outta the jungle and Q her in the face. YOU THINK YOU CAN TAME ME?!!?

Blizzard

Banned
I'll admit to being one of those foolish people previously. In one of my ranked matches the 5th member requested mid so I gave it to him. He locked in lulu and I thought he was trolling. But he was destroying his lane in both CS and kills. A lot of people really don't know how to deal with lulu mid at all.
Remember the days when she came out, when her Q actually did damage? But Riot was like WAIT WE MEANT HER AS SUPPORT and I think nerfed her Q two or three times to prevent people from playing her mid.

dimb

Didn't say I'd lane against her. I just might pop outta the jungle and Q her in the face. YOU THINK YOU CAN TAME ME?!!?
Good luck ganking me without CC.
Lulu mid kind of sucks after they nerfed her ratios. It sounds like he just had a really bad lane opponent.

Mistake of the day: pushed too hard without taking advantage. Me and Vayne mopped Teemo around, got 2 towers by ~15 mins. We didn't pressure it any further, so we pretty much let Teemo freefarm. I went top to help since Tryn was doing really awful, but that let Teemo harass Vayne so much. Glad Garen was really good. We were really losing but managed to hold on. Tryn and Vayne eventually get strong enough to be revenants that actually hurt.

scy

Mistake of the day: pushed too hard without taking advantage. Me and Vayne mopped Teemo around, got 2 towers by ~15 mins. We didn't pressure it any further, so we pretty much let Teemo freefarm. I went top to help since Tryn was doing really awful, but that let Teemo harass Vayne so much. Glad Garen was really good. We were really losing but managed to hold on. Tryn and Vayne eventually get strong enough to be revenants that actually hurt.

I know that feel :( That's the problem with taking early towers. If you play passively after that, it just opens up free farm for the opponent where they can freeze the lane deep and farm back into relevancy.

garath

Cool I picked that up,

I needed a new mouse...and I guess now i need to get shyv....

CROSS PROMOTION WORKED! HUZZAH!!!

Not sure if it works with external codes but usually when you are given a skin, you get the champ with it. Try redeeming without Shyvana.

scy

Well hrm ... my mouse has been acting up...

Not sure if it works with external codes but usually when you are given a skin, you get the champ with it. Try redeeming without Shyvana.

That's how it is for the code here. You'll get Shyvana and the skin.

garath

Well hrm ... my mouse has been acting up...

That's how it is for the code here. You'll get Shyvana and the skin.

My mouse isn't even acting up and I'm tempted. I love my MX518 but I've had it for years and years. Surely it will die eventually. I don't like the reviews that say the mouse cord starts giving out before long though so I'll probably pass.

scy

My mouse isn't even acting up and I'm tempted. I love my MX518 but I've had it for years and years. Surely it will die eventually. I don't like the reviews that say the mouse cord starts giving out before long though so I'll probably pass.

The unfortunate part is that the mouse I'd be replacing (Mionix NAOS 5000) is something I got like ... only two years ago. Feels weird to replace it so soon when I consider that I've had my G5 for like 10 years now.

Edit: A shame that I already own Shyvana though! Maybe I'll refund her if I buy this mouse.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Okay, that's pretty damn tempting...

That's what I use pretty damn good for most games. If you need more buttons try a different series but if you like the buttons and want a smooth mouse like 1ms at 1000mhz get that sucker and enjoy good tracking.

mercviper

It's the electric guitar that gets you isn't it?

Oh yeah, totes.

That's what I use pretty damn good for most games. If you need more buttons try a different series but if you like the buttons and want a smooth mouse like 1ms at 1000mhz get that sucker and enjoy good tracking.

Don't need more buttons, but right now I'm using a Razer Copperhead which is pretty similar to this. It's actually the second Copperhead I've bought, the first one broke in the middle of WoW arenas because I had my middle mouse click bound to stealth on my rogue and spammed that shit to death. Amazingly still won that fight even though I had to spellbook my stealth and any other spells bound to mouse scrolls.

Either way, I've had it for a couple years at least by now and I should probably get a new mouse as a backup for when it inevitably malfunctions.

Edit: Bought.

How do you activate the LoL promotion thing? I guessing I'm just dumb and missing something on the store page?

Pretty sure they ship you a card with a scratch-off code that you just enter in the store.

I went ahead and bought it. My mouse randomly double clicks :| Might as well get ready to replace it now before it fully shits itself.

Yeah I've had some mice do that after shifting it around in a move. Super annoying and it only gets worse. :/

scy

Okay, that's pretty damn tempting...

I went ahead and bought it. My mouse randomly double clicks :| Might as well get ready to replace it now before it fully shits itself.

How do you activate the LoL promotion thing? I guessing I'm just dumb and missing something on the store page?

As far as how they get you the code, I'm going to assume it's physically with the Mouse. I I haven't been e-mailed about it anyway.

Considering the hundreds of games you play to get to level 30, just go ahead and play ranked. Playing normals where you won't have a jungler/wards/invades/teamwork doesn't really help you learn.

If you played the same champ from 1-30 then maybe you can jump into ranked playing that one champion. But, really, you won't really be adequately prepared for Ranked just off the 1-30 grind.

Besides, play with GAF. Junglers, Wards, and even sometimes teamwork happens there!

Blizzard

Banned
It says right on the page: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104577

Considering the hundreds of games you play to get to level 30, just go ahead and play ranked. Playing normals where you won't have a jungler/wards/invades/teamwork doesn't really help you learn.
Thanks.

And about ranked, I disagree. Right out of 30, you may still only have limited experience. I have like 1300 games played and I'm still terrible, as everyone on GAF might tell you. I think someone else mentioned taking like 800 games to get decent.

I tried ranked as an experiment, since I figured eventually I would end up matched with people my level, several months ago. The problem was, not only was I mediocre, but I didn't play well enough (and/or the right roles) to carry, so I ended up down at 700. Then I saw some high-ranked player playing on a friend's account and crushing my team with a Katarina and I thought huh, I might as well try Katarina. So then I started learning Katarina, and played mostly that, and gained back the 500 elo up to 1200, though I think it literally took MONTHS of playing the game far too much, for me to do it.

The point is, if you start out ranked without knowing certain things, or just screwing around, you can end up having the system become "confident" in your rating at a very low level, and then you can't gain back up without doing it in tiny steps of 11-13 elo at a time. If instead you start playing ranked after practicing normal DRAFT, then you have a chance of ending up at a better level, and each game should move you up or down by a much greater amount at the beginning.

JesseZao

I've gotten so used to having items mapped to mouse buttons that I can't go back. It's really nice to have skills and items "on" different hands, so you can use them simultaneously.

The Naga with 16 side buttons is overkill for MOBAs and the last two rows are a bit inconvenient to hit in a pinch (would be better to shift all buttons forward), but I do like the row layout better than the Naga Hex.

I would say a three minimum is fine for wards/pots/actives, I mapped skill ups to the mouse as well, but that could be done with the standard modifier as easily.

dimb

I've gotten so used to having items mapped to mouse buttons that I can't go back. It's really nice to have skills and items "on" different hands, so you can use them simultaneously.
You like, maybe need to use one or two items in League. It's pretty easy to hit the one and two keys.

scy

You don't really need to learn anything from the games themselves so much as it is building confidence with the champion and working on mechanics. And work on mechanics. Always work on mechanics. Mechanics mechanics mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom