• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Wow I am really surprised the skin that shows more skin is the one that picks up fanart.

Does it really show more skin than her default? Like, any tangible amount? She's still fully clad in armor. Ironscale just isn't blue.

Ferrio

Banned
I blame it mostly on her vanilla skin having one of the worst art pieces ever. It's classic poppy/tristana levels of bad.

Ferrio

Banned
The thought of flats after percentage is so awesome. Though I'm curious how useful armor will actually be then. With a pretty standard build anything under 300 armor would be trivial in negating.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Soraka is so weak early on; the healing does so little, it can't really keep up with anyone's poke, let alone let you outright fight. She always did require you to be passive but its now weak to the stage where they can outright zone you in the early game. By about 5 its starting to get ok, but at 6 their support gets another big tool to help them in lane and you get a global that's not as much help to your lane directly. On top of the hard 1-5 you just had that's the last thing you need. It's so easy for them to get a farm advantage, and that's the best case scenario; if they manage to fight you outright they will crush you. Winning your lane is really good for carrying in solo queue, it's not like a tournament game where you have reliable players and soraka is really bad at that.

Janna was really hurt by losing the AD buff when the shield dies, before it was a great buff that let you do the damage to outright fight when you had the chance, but now it just does so little because the shield gets burst down and the buff is gone so quickly. All she can do is be defensive now. The Q does a 0.8 second knockup to 1.1s at full charge (nerfed from flat 1s) and a level 1 E is a pretty crappy 24% 3s slow (nerfed from 4s) so even her defensive kit is falling pretty flat pre 6. Her ult is amazing, but man the 150s cooldown for a level 1 ult (nerfed from 120s) feels like a freaking age. So even her defensive abilities aren't that amazing any more, and again when the soloqueue meta heavily favours winning your lane to carry a kinda mediocre defensive champion is just not good.

Her healing lvl 2 or 3 is more than enough till six. If your partner or you need more healing than this it's not her whose at fault.

Also I doubt most people are willing to eat silence, q, and aa each time they come in on me or others I know who do it well. The silence ensures that no matter who adc or support is one of them can't do jack for a good few seconds before they are forced out of the trade.

When it comes to janna her shield was broke before but good luck convincing certain gaf jannas who have fed me early game multiple times she is bad. Most supports like most other OP types from S1 got hit hard. Yet if you were good with them before they are still good now very few characters are complete garbage. Also I barely solo queue ask merc and others here who troll premades with me it's about the right situation allowing usage of them after that it's up to you or your partners.

Unsure what you're doing but most I see use either soraka or janna with me rarely get in to issues you're mentioning.

There is no perfect support bottom it's just a matter of synergies or realizing you're out gunned till lvl 6, 9, or 11 hits.

scy

OK theorycrafters…all yours!

Sounds interesting but I'm curious on the ranges for the abilities (also, can the clone auto attack?). His ability to zone with the clone could be fairly high, though I'm thinking the targeting wouldn't work out.

I'm interested in the kind of damage output here to warrant this kind of setup, however. Landing a skillshot is one thing. Landing two skillshots simultaneously from two different angles? Oh man. Going to be rough to target burst down someone in team fights, though you can just toss the skillshots however for poke. Minions blocking everything though!

Also, it would seem like, for this to work out, his clone would most likely be his Ultimate? That way he can do it from Level 1. Shuriken throw like Kennen and a swap so far would leave just one other offensive ability, I guess, which sounds like it will be some kind of AoE (probably PBAoE rather than targeted?). And then his Passive, of course, which will probably be an Energy restore on double hit.

I think they should just makes a Graves ninja skin, he has a smoke screen a quick dash and his shotgun can just be multiple throwing stars, while his AA can be a single throwing star.

scy

That's fine, but then champions like the one proposed are going to be half-assed and kind of lame. They don't need to have crazy complex micro but they need some kind of micro if they want to expand and make unique champions.

It wouldn't matter here that much, though. The shadow clone is stationary.

inky

Always hated playing meepo.

And yes there's micro barely, as you can control clones. It's very cumbersome though.

I always forget the key combination and end up pinging like mad.

Shadow Ninja sounds interesting though. Phreak will probably play him as a jungler.

Edit: Oh, never considered a Naruto style of ninja. DNW.

scy

zed_sneak_peek.jpg

Shredder skin inc.

Shredder skin inc.

Stop giving them ideas.... I have to stop this rp buying addiction :'(. I spent $100 for the halloween sale event(stupid summoner icons:'( ). That RP is meant for the sejunai Uber legendary skin man! It must be pulsefire ezreal quality!

Nocturne is maybe the closest now. He's like a half ghost shadow thing.

Talon was probably a viable Talon until the huge mana (maybe other areas too) nerfs.

Talon is incredibly strong.

His problem is running out of mana in laning.

He can still do a good ass whooping in mid though.

inky

How about a Yommu's Ghostblade upgrade, or better yet, have brutalizer turn into something other than a troll item, that would be cool.

Noshino

Riot needs to release more support characters!

Her healing lvl 2 or 3 is more than enough till six. If your partner or you need more healing than this it's not her whose at fault.

Also I doubt most people are willing to eat silence, q, and aa each time they come in on me or others I know who do it well. The silence ensures that no matter who adc or support is one of them can't do jack for a good few seconds before they are forced out of the trade.

When it comes to janna her shield was broke before but good luck convincing certain gaf jannas who have fed me early game multiple times she is bad. Most supports like most other OP types from S1 got hit hard. Yet if you were good with them before they are still good now very few characters are complete garbage. Also I barely solo queue ask merc and others here who troll premades with me it's about the right situation allowing usage of them after that it's up to you or your partners.

Unsure what you're doing but most I see use either soraka or janna with me rarely get in to issues you're mentioning.

There is no perfect support bottom it's just a matter of synergies or realizing you're out gunned till lvl 6, 9, or 11 hits.

psh, my Leona is perfect
pre windows 8 update ;~;

zkylon

zkylewd
Ha I was listening this earlier today. He could not stop laughing about how they did Udyr hahaha. Most of his vids are so good.
lol yeah the end is just amazing. It's pretty lame to be destroying the poor level oners but those guys made it ridiculously funny.

Also, Sona > Blitz > Everyone else. Sorry but it's true.

LCGeek

formerly sane
psh, my Leona is perfect
pre windows 8 update ;~;

Double stuns lvl3 you know it bro. They like lets harass ya, I'm like pots. LVL3 comes they go for that trade I'm like double first blood.

It's coming back bro damn surge took out my troll baby now I got another quad core and this one will be paired with my current gaming gear.

Also, Sona > A good Blitz > Everyone else.

Had to do a slight fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom