• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8D3vil

Aegis of the Legion? Why? What a bizarre choice. Hextech is a bad choice on him too. His only AP scaling is on his passive and the heal off his spikes, and while Phage can be a good item on many top laners it pushes you too hard into building Triforce on him which I just find to be underwhelming. Kha'Zix frankly doesn't need the slow from either. His passive is astoundingly good with its damage and slow, and it's easy to stick to targets on him between Leap, your ultimate, and his passive. With evolved spikes you'll find it even easier.

You just have to go all out offensive and rely on your ultimate and positioning to keep you safe. Mastery page is mostly the standard 20/10 one for offensive AD champs, but I have been testing out a really weird page aimed specifically at Kha'Zix.
Aegis been my second item of choice on any jungler (except ap rengar), the item is just extremely cost effective for an early game item (especially on casters like khazix and darius where taking wriggles wont help that much).
i meant hexdrinker not hextech.
need to try khazix top later in normals.

Boken

Banned
End of season borders:
nnJfZ.jpg
Diamond looks badass

Ferga

I hate the platinum colour. This disgusting light ocean blue colour.

Gold or diamond next season. Platinum is not an option.

XeroSauce

Is that for everybody? I swear my Ashe arrows aren't hitting the same as they used to.

Yea this is supposed to fix things like Ashe's arrows bypassing close range targets.

This does not affect Lux's E or Xerath's W though, as examples. Only missile-type skillshots.

scy

Is that for everybody? I swear my Ashe arrows aren't hitting the same as they used to.

Well, Ashe's arrow will change when the patch hits but nothing has changed right now.

Well, targets need to be isolated, even from minions. I just think it's rare the instance in which you are trading top lane and get to have that. I feel the other abilities are far more useful for your role as top lane.

The isolation range isn't that big, however. It's not that hard to split someone from minions so you can land an isolated Q.

@Triforce - I'm a fan of it on him if only for the Sheen proc and bruisery stats it has. It's probably not cost efficient, however, and kind of undermines his whole "just kill shit" angle. I kind of hope Manamune and it's upgrade for S3 become good for him as it lets him really utilize his W for lane with the mana regen.

garath

A Kassadin buff. Seriously. Lol

The Kat nerfs were needed. I think it'll be a little surprising how much it impacts. Adjusting base values down like that might take their toll. I'll still enjoy playing her. I just like her kit.

Zed looks pretty awesome. He'll abuse the heck out of mids on release :(

scy

A Kassadin buff. Seriously. Lol

To be fair, it probably won't do anything :x

The Kat nerfs were needed. I think it'll be a little surprising how much it impacts. Adjusting base values down like that might take their toll. I'll still enjoy playing her. I just like her kit.

I really doubt that this will impact how I play Kat all that much. I've missed many kills (e.g., ~50-70 HP left) on dives but all this change means is that they get out with slightly more HP. Targets that die to an all-in tend to be overkilled anyway.

Edit: Though, I just noticed that his E doesn't stack damage, just increases the slow. Still, his all-in combo seems legitimately terrifying and he should poke well with his Q. Might not be so bad for a top laner, especially with his good base HP/Armor.

Zed looks pretty awesome. He'll abuse the heck out of mids on release :(

His numbers look insane and, honestly, he doesn't seem too complicated. I was worried on how to play him with a missile skillshot but since this one pierces, that doesn't seem so bad at all. Should be fun.

EXGN

Thoughts on MLG Dallas tonight? http://leaguepedia.com/wiki/2012_MLG_Pro_Circuit/Fall/Championship

My predictions:
TSM 2:1 Curse
Azubu Blaze 2:0 TD
CLG.eu 2:1 Dig
Najin Sword 2:1 CLG.na

Najin Sword v CLG.na is the hardest one to predict, IMO. Traditionally, Maknoon has been the player to watch, if he succeeds, his team falls in line. Obviously in an isolated lane, Maknoon>Hotshot. If Maknoon gets a carry-type character (Jax/Irelia/Jayce/Rengar), then he will cause major problems for CLG.

But if Hotshot can continue to create map pressure by hardpushing top and force 2-3 members of NJS to respond, this will relieve some pressure from Doublelift and allow CLG to take the game in the end. The matchup will depend not on Hotshot outperforming Maknoon (not gonna happen), but on his ability to relieve pressure from the bottom lane and allow Doublelift (and Jiji, to an extent) to farm up and shine.

scy

All I want is for someone to get Nidalee so I can watch and learn. I had no fucking idea what I was doing last night on her and it was terrible. So. Terrible.

Blizzard

Banned
All I want is for someone to get Nidalee so I can watch and learn. I had no fucking idea what I was doing last night on her and it was terrible. So. Terrible.
AP or AD Nidalee? I pretty much always play her as a ranged AD when I pick her top.

scy

AP or AD Nidalee? I pretty much always play her as a ranged AD when I pick her top.

AD, though it was more a reference to not knowing my engage timings or trade values. Hell, I just learned that her Cougar W isn't a targeted leap but a directional one. It was awful. I should've done that bot game to practice animation timings.

Plus, it was vs a Teemo. All the fucking worse.

Blizzard

Banned
AD, though it was more a reference to not knowing my engage timings or trade values. Hell, I just learned that her Cougar W isn't a targeted leap but a directional one. It was awful. I should've done that bot game to practice animation timings.

Plus, it was vs a Teemo. All the fucking worse.
Oh, then yes, Teemo will screw you over both with bushes and autoattacks. The idea (or one of them) is to start out with AD items, I think I might have used some combination of (boots first then) brutalizer, then phage, then bloodthirster (maybe wriggles)...and use the bush speedboost to harass with ranged autoattacks, depending on your boosted speed to let you kite or get a few attacks in. Max your AS-boost first, then E, ignore Q besides one level maybe at 4. It will do so little damage that you will be lucky if you finish someone off with it. Flash ignite, pretty standard.

Also try to leave a trap in the river bush and top bush(es), and/or try to get a trap out of the minion range. The idea is that if you have to go toe to toe, and the trap hits the other player, they're going to take increased damage, and you can suddenly go cougar mode for tanky stats, and do your combo to do shocking amounts of damage to them. Make sure you hit the low-HP one last out of the cougar combo, I think it's Q.

Also kiting with a quick switch to cougar mode and jump, especially if combined with the lane bushes, works very well. If you're about to get hit by something, cougar mode for better stats. A properly played Nidalee should be incredibly hard to gank or chase. Last but not least, make sure to pace yourself when using mana, since the attack speed boost heals very little, boosts attack speed a lot, but uses a TON of mana.

Disclaimer, I'm only mediocre at Nidalee and all of this advice may be terrible, but I feel like it usually works okay for me against random top players. I think I even killed a Rumble a few times though he was presumably bad.

EXGN

Oh, then yes, Teemo will screw you over both with bushes and autoattacks. The idea (or one of them) is to start out with AD items, I think I might have used some combination of (boots first then) brutalizer, then phage, then bloodthirster (maybe wriggles)...and use the bush speedboost to harass with ranged autoattacks, depending on your boosted speed to let you kite or get a few attacks in. Max your AS-boost first, then E, ignore Q besides one level maybe at 4. It will do so little damage that you will be lucky if you finish someone off with it. Flash ignite, pretty standard.

Also try to leave a trap in the river bush and top bush(es), and/or try to get a trap out of the minion range. The idea is that if you have to go toe to toe, and the trap hits the other player, they're going to take increased damage, and you can suddenly go cougar mode for tanky stats, and do your combo to do shocking amounts of damage to them. Make sure you hit the low-HP one last out of the cougar combo, I think it's Q.

Also kiting with a quick switch to cougar mode and jump, especially if combined with the lane bushes, works very well. If you're about to get hit by something, cougar mode for better stats. A properly played Nidalee should be incredibly hard to gank or chase. Last but not least, make sure to pace yourself when using mana, since the attack speed boost heals very little, boosts attack speed a lot, but uses a TON of mana.

Disclaimer, I'm only mediocre at Nidalee and all of this advice may be terrible, but I feel like it usually works okay for me against random top players. I think I even killed a Rumble a few times though he was presumably bad.

I would personally go boots, 2x Doran daggers>Triforce>GA. Turns Nidalee into an inescapable, impossible to catch monster.

Blizzard

Banned
I would personally go boots, 2x Doran daggers>Triforce>GA. Turns Nidalee into an inescapable, impossible to catch monster.
I could see that also working. I like the CDR from brutalizer and I rarely get dorans items, but either way it's probably an AD item followed by damage and/or triforce, followed by whatever tanky items are appropriate.

scy

Max your AS-boost first, then E, ignore Q besides one level maybe at 4. It will do so little damage that you will be lucky if you finish someone off with it.

AD Nidalee is typically WEEQ -> R>E>Q>W. Why wouldn't you level Q second? Better Takedown damage.

Like I said, my issue was not knowing/being familiar with her kit (and the Teemo matchup). I had to take it to a sustain lane with a Chalice (and didn't Visage second for some reason) and, even then, it was mostly trying to get a feel for ranges so I was bullied around.

Doran's into Vamp -> Phage/TF -> GA or a Wriggle's build (which is basically the same just Wriggle's instead of Doran's/Vamp start). Vs an AP Sustain lane, Chalice -> Visage into a bruiser build.

EXGN

AD Nidalee is typically WEEQ -> R>E>Q>W. Why wouldn't you level Q second? Better Takedown damage.

Like I said, my issue was not knowing/being familiar with her kit (and the Teemo matchup). I had to take it to a sustain lane with a Chalice (and didn't Visage second for some reason) and, even then, it was mostly trying to get a feel for ranges so I was bullied around.

Doran's into Vamp -> Phage/TF -> GA or a Wriggle's build (which is basically the same just Wriggle's instead of Doran's/Vamp start). Vs an AP Sustain lane, Chalice -> Visage into a bruiser build.

I could be wrong, but I think Nidalee's cougar abilities only improve on 6/11/16. I'm actually not sure which I max second, but there is an argument to level traps improve the MR/Armor shred. Dat 40 percent shred against bruisers can be pretty OP.

Blizzard

Banned

I guess I'm a little confused -- you're saying you don't know how to play her but saying which builds and skill orders should be used? :p (sure, skull lifesteal thing could be nice)

If you mean that guides and pro players typically use those skill orders and builds then okay. I thought you were asking for suggestions so I was saying what I usually did, no offense intended.

Leveling Q second after level 6 might also work, if you aren't catching your laning opponent in any traps. As mentioned, the shred could be very nice for 1v1 fights though. What EXGN says about cougar abilities is probably correct, since the wiki only mentions three levels of improvement for cougar abilities...meaning that leveling human Q as AD probably doesn't help you much, but leveling E can directly help in fights.

scy

I could be wrong, but I think Nidalee's cougar abilities only improve on 6/11/16. I'm actually not sure which I max second, but there is an argument to level traps improve the MR/Armor shred. Dat 40 percent shred against bruisers can be pretty OP.

No, you're right. I'm just dumb. Like I said, not familiar with her kit!

That said, I'd still level Q over W if you're comfortable with landing spears. By the time you reach Level ~10, you should have a TF anyway for it to get some scaling out of it. The shred from W is nice (as is the damage), but you mainly just want the vision from it.

Eh, it's debatable I guess.

I guess I'm a little confused -- you're saying you don't know how to play her but saying which builds and skill orders should be used? :p (sure, skull lifesteal thing could be nice)

There's a difference between not knowing how to execute something and knowing the theory behind it. I'm rather comfortable in how to approach Nidalee, not so much with her actual execution.

If you mean that guides and pro players typically use those skill orders and builds then okay. I thought you were asking for suggestions so I was saying what I usually did, no offense intended.

Off-hand, the general opinion for her build is WEEQ then R>E>Q>W. There's not a huge reason to not get traps first, E is her best laning skill, and Q's bonus scaling is just extra nice so it's taken second.

Leveling Q second after level 6 might also work, if you aren't catching your laning opponent in any traps. As mentioned, the shred could be very nice for 1v1 fights though. What EXGN says about cougar abilities is probably correct, since the wiki only mentions three levels of improvement for cougar abilities...meaning that leveling human Q as AD probably doesn't help you much, but leveling E can directly help in fights.

Put another way, the more your traps are being used offensively rather than for vision, the better W is. If you can consistently trap them in lane, it's probably worth the points, though I'd think Q still lets you pressure an advantage better than traps would.

Blizzard

Banned

That said, I'd still level Q over W if you're comfortable with landing spears. By the time you reach Level ~10, you should have a TF anyway for it to get some scaling out of it. The shred from W is nice (as is the damage), but you mainly just want the vision from it.

...if you're not familiar with her kit, why are you telling people what a correct/typical build and skill order is? Why ask for suggestions from people who have played her if you've already made up your mind from guides? And if not guides/streams, where have you gotten the build/skill order? :p

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Why don't people want to ban Lee Sin? Eve isn't scary anymore stop banning her. : l

scy

...if you're not familiar with her kit, why are you telling people what a correct/typical build and skill order is?

Telling? I said her typical build is WEEQ and then R>E>Q>W. Then I said it makes sense (though for a wrong reason, as pointed out). I'm not "telling" anything, merely remarking at what I think on it. It's a discussion, right?

If not, I can say that exact same thing for your post then.

Why ask for suggestions from people who have played her if you've already made up your mind from guides? And if not guides/streams, where have you gotten the build/skill order? :p

For one, where did I ask for suggestions? I said I wanted to see a Nidalee in the games since Maknoon and Hotshot are involved. I rarely watch Nidalee games in general so how her laning phase is executed is something I want to see.

Secondly, I don't really have my mind set on anything and, yes, a lot of it comes from guides and basic theorycrafting. Why? Because I'm at work and I've played all of one Nidalee game. I'm not trying to sound like I know it all about her but if you remark on something that goes against what I've read and what my own theorycrafting gets me to, then I'll definitely question it.

Nidalee's traps are underrated in teamfights. Free LW and VS for everyone!

Better than that, actually, since they're Reduction, not Penetration.

Blizzard

Banned
Telling? I said her typical build is WEEQ and then R>E>Q>W. Then I said it makes sense (though for a wrong reason, as pointed out). I'm not "telling" anything, merely remarking at what I think on it. It's a discussion, right?
It's a discussion but I was asking how you knew her "typical" build was WEEQ and then R>E>Q>W -- is that from top-rated guides, or streams, or what? I just wanted to know the source of the information.

If not, I can say that exact same thing for your post then.
How can you say the same thing? I've played her a fair bit before which was the reason I responded to begin with, I thought. So I'm slightly familiar with her kit, though I didn't remember the cougar levelup stats without checking the wiki. :p

For one, where did I ask for suggestions? I said I wanted to see a Nidalee in the games since Maknoon and Hotshot are involved. I rarely watch Nidalee games in general so how her laning phase is executed is something I want to see.
Maybe I misinterpreted this. I guess the impression I got from your posting "All I want is for someone to get Nidalee so I can watch and learn. I had no fucking idea what I was doing last night on her and it was terrible. So. Terrible." was that you would not be against someone on NeoGAF either playing Nidalee so you can watch, and/or posting some suggestions about her if they have played her. I don't mean any offense and was only trying to help.

Secondly, I don't really have my mind set on anything and, yes, a lot of it comes from guides and basic theorycrafting. Why? Because I'm at work and I've played all of one Nidalee game. I'm not trying to sound like I know it all about her but if you remark on something that goes against what I've read and what my own theorycrafting gets me to, then I'll definitely question it.
Then yes, due to the gradual levelup of the cougar abilities, and the stat shred, I think that the trap (W) may be better than Q. If you're hitting Q very often as AD Nidalee, and/or building chalice, my suspicion would be that you would be better off with AP Nidalee. Otherwise, you can save the 70-90 per Q mana for more traps and E's.

Granted this may depend on playstyle. I focus on the autoattack harass/kiting, melee for finishing/trading/if it's safe, but there may be some AD Nidalee players who try to boost autoattack less often and instead occasionally hit spears.

Setsuna

They say if you stay on the Log in screen for a while Elise talks to you.

Why does Elise not talk to me? All I am getting is music.

scy

How can you say the same thing? I've played her a fair bit before which was the reason I responded to begin with, I thought. So I'm slightly familiar with her kit, though I didn't remember the cougar levelup stats without checking the wiki. :p

It was more on the telling part rather than the experience part.

Maybe I misinterpreted this. I guess the impression I got from your posting "All I want is for someone to get Nidalee so I can watch and learn. I had no fucking idea what I was doing last night on her and it was terrible. So. Terrible." was that you would not be against someone on NeoGAF either playing Nidalee so you can watch, and/or posting some suggestions about her if they have played her. I don't mean any offense and was only trying to help.

I guess I should've quoted the post. I just thought it was obviously in reference to thoughts on MLG Dallas, especially since EXGN focused on the CLG/Najin match up. All I care is to see some Nidalee since both Maknoon and Hotshot are involved. I imagine they'll respect ban it, however, so I'll just have to hope for probably nothing since I can't imagine Najin losing to CLG NA.
To be fair, I don't like CLG NA

I guess since Shy's there, some Singed would be cool to see as well. I don't really care about any of the other standout known champions, really. Unless Froggen does Lee Sin mid I guess.

Then yes, due to the gradual levelup of the cougar abilities, and the stat shred, I think that the trap (W) may be better than Q. If you're hitting Q very often as AD Nidalee, and/or building chalice, my suspicion would be that you would be better off with AP Nidalee. Otherwise, you can save the 70-90 per Q mana for more traps and E's.

If you're pushing up the lane, I'd imagine the Q's would be more valuable. Even with minimal AP, it's still a decent amount of damage to warrant zone control. In a lane that isn't being contested (e.g., where traps aren't going to come into play for fights), better traps don't really help you all that much. Late game/team fight transition is where the traps come back into engage relevance to me.

Nidalee's mid game is really strong and her ability to zone at tower is largely based around her Q. Her mobility (and keeping up with vision) lets her get away with this. That's my logic behind Q over W: her mid-game phase where she'll come into lane dominance and benefits from the extra zoning and just needs Ws for vision.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

I level W second for wave clearing, her mobility and aoe clearing to push wave to tower, clear enemy jungle, roam to gang, force jungle to camp top while teammate split push or forcing objective.

For me, Q is a waste of mana on ad build, you won't even have enough mana to trap around your lane + using heal to harass/sustain.

---------
edit: pretty sure reduction is worst, since it apply before flat and percentage penetration.

scy

I level W second for wave clearing, her mobility and aoe clearing to push wave to tower, clear enemy jungle, roam to gang, force jungle to camp top while teammate split push or forcing objective.

For me, Q is a waste of mana on ad build, you won't even have enough mana to trap around your lane + using heal to harass/sustain.

All the more reason to not level W second, wouldn't it? Mana cost is +15/rank. If you're trapping around the lane for utility purposes, raising the mana cost seems to just not be optimal to me.

This is also one of the reasons that Chalice AD Nidalee saw some use during the finals, even in AD tops especially in AP tops. More mana to heal and trap constantly. Granted, that's also due to how Stanley/TPA plays with her rather than a general rule.

edit: pretty sure reduction is worst, since it apply before flat and percentage penetration.

Generally speaking? You want your Percentage to occur before Flat and that's the case with Percentage Reduction and then Flat Penetration. That's the ideal. There's some issues with having split Percentage Reduction, Flat Reduction, Flat Penetration, Percentage Penetration but that's not due to one being better than the other, per se, but due to stacking one percentage being better than splitting.

If you had a choice, right now, between Percentage Reduction or Percentage Penetration, you'd rather have the reduction. It happens earlier in the formula. This is the entire reason why people are happy about the Season 3 swapped order of the Penetration calculations.

LCGeek

formerly sane

Reduction and Precentage are preferred. These can be stacked and cause much more damage to a person than flat and percentage, but it's rare to see people with reduce setups since items for it suck now.

Blizzard

Banned
All the more reason to not level W second, wouldn't it? Mana cost is +15/rank. If you're trapping around the lane for utility purposes, raising the mana cost seems to just not be optimal to me.

This is also one of the reasons that Chalice AD Nidalee saw some use during the finals, even in AD tops. More mana to heal and trap constantly. Granted, that's also due to how Stanley/TPA plays with her rather than a general rule.
Nidalee traps are flat cooldown of 18 seconds, nidalee Q is flat cooldown of 6 seconds, so if you spam max Q you could burn 270 mana in the same amount of time it takes to do one 120 mana trap.

Maxing W triples the damage and doubles the shred% so it's a decent increase though not as drastic as the Q scaling. If you do have some setup where the enemy doesn't block spears with minions, doesn't dodge spears, and gets hit by max range spears, I think even AD Nidalee Q could work. If you are midlane to allow the opponent to be ganked, traps might be better though. If you're pushed all the way to the tower there is a chance that even Nidalee might be ganked. I guess you could argue that if you max Q you can try to "gank" by throwing max range spears out of bushes and trying to harass enemy champions in other lanes.

Maybe chalice AD does work. One concern would be that it could delay needed damage items.

You know who's underrated? Jungle Xin.
I was reading a LoL forum thread about champions with the worst fanbase. I feel like it used to be Tryndamere and Master Yi, but now Xin and especially Darius take the crown for the most jerks playing them.

LCGeek

formerly sane
You know who's underrated? Jungle Xin.

Totally agreed. Underrated but not underpowered. Really need work on my jungling have him and leesin and they remain virtually untouched.

blizzard chalice AD works if you're being fed or get it as a later item during the early part of the mid game. For very long game 45+ you may need to sell but if its only going to be that. 30 or less with the way you mentioned isn't a bad idea.

EXGN

This is also one of the reasons that Chalice AD Nidalee saw some use during the finals, even in AD tops. More mana to heal and trap constantly. Granted, that's also due to how Stanley/TPA plays with her rather than a general rule.

I'm pretty sure Stanley took Chalice against Yorick more for the magic resistance than the mana regeneration. I don't think Chalice is usually a core AD Nid item unless your facing someone that does magic damage (like Rumble or Yorick).

scy

Nidalee traps are flat cooldown of 18 seconds, nidalee Q is flat cooldown of 6 seconds, so if you spam max Q you could burn 270 mana in the same amount of time it takes to do one 120 mana trap.

You're not spamming Q so I wouldn't really think of it as three Qs for every W. Just the general idea of raising the cost of a utility spell that doesn't increase* in utility is a counter intuitive practice. You level Q so they're scarier in lane. With how Nidalee can clear waves, you're freeing up minion block on them and you're increasing the threat of the spears. You don't even have to try to max range it, just Q at a moderate distance and pounce away before it lands; the damage is calculated at time of impact, not time of cast.

Though, if your lane opponent keeps running into bushes and eating traps, I'd probably raise W before Q then as it's essentially free damage.

*Yes, it raises the shred but if the traps are primarily placed for vision, there's no benefit to raising them.

Maybe chalice AD does work. One concern would be that it could delay needed damage items.

Early Chalice was a sustain choice and primarily used to stay in lane longer than the opponent and farm like crazy. It shored up a weak early game by allowing better trap use and heals to counter the champion in lane (basically any AP/Magic damage sustain lane). It trades a double Doran start for more skill sustain, basically.

I'm pretty sure Stanley took Chalice against Yorick more for the magic resistance than the mana regeneration. I don't think Chalice is usually a core AD Nid item unless your facing someone that does magic damage (like Rumble or Yorick).

I was going to say "Which I said" then I noticed I said "even in AD tops" rather than what I meant. Holy shit that was dumb. I think I even edited that too. Yeah, Chalice is the vs AP build. I wouldn't discount the regen, however. It effectively doubles her base regen before the Chalice passive. It's very much a vs AP Sustain choice for the Chalice/Visage build.

LCGeek

formerly sane
is ur computer fix yet

Nope buddy.

Mobo blew out. Ordered parts but they were shipped during hurricane sandy. By next week I should have something up and running. Can't wait buddy a 64bit machine finally running a 64bit os along with 8GB and i5-3570 (oced). Can't even fathrom how smooth lol will be compared the duo core I was running on especially during fights. Best part my pcie bus won't be screwed up so my gpu and nic will be maxed out. Next to hot pursuit, trackmania or tribes can't think of another game right now I want to lock and load on.

List of people I've been missing

kiunch
dandan
you
mercviper
scy
opiate
noshino

rest I have to play more with. Sorry about before poorfate realized my message was for scy but it got quoted for you. We have only played a handful of times.

Just won my second ranked game! Was again a complete walkover, every lane won handily. Was mid Ori, is broken shit but hey, gotta get them wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom