• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

rest I have to play more with. Sorry about before poorfate realized my message was for scy but it got quoted for you. We have only played a handful of times.

All Kat players look the same somethingsomethingsomething.

It'll be good to have you back, need that consistency for spamming games back in my life.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
All the more reason to not level W second, wouldn't it? Mana cost is +15/rank. If you're trapping around the lane for utility purposes, raising the mana cost seems to just not be optimal to me.

This is also one of the reasons that Chalice AD Nidalee saw some use during the finals, even in AD tops. More mana to heal and trap constantly. Granted, that's also due to how Stanley/TPA plays with her rather than a general rule.

Just because it had a utility aspect, doesn't mean it is useless in fight. One trap trigger will win you the trade, if they don't trigger it deny bush space and act as mini ward. What does spear offer beside a bit more of bonus damage that already scale with your base ad.

I cannot check right now, is the reason you don't level W because her cougar W cd doesn't decrease when you rank it? Otherwise it wouldn't make sense to sacrafice her mobility + pushing ability for a bit of extra damge.

Blizzard

Banned
I cannot check right now, is the reason you don't level W because her cougar W cd doesn't decrease when you rank it? Otherwise it wouldn't make sense to sacrafice her mobility + pushing ability for a bit of extra damge.
Cougar abilities only level up when the ult levels up, apparently, so yes it's a pure spear versus trap tradeoff.

scy

Just because it had a utility aspect, doesn't mean it is useless in fight. One trap trigger will win you the trade, if they don't trigger it deny bush space and act as mini ward. What does spear offer beside a bit more of bonus damage that already scale with your base ad.

But W offers that at level 1 and lets you punish them eating a trap anyway. Q gives a greater return per point spent for damage returned (and damage per mana spent). To me, it seems obvious that W's utility is best served with one point and Q needs the extra points to be a worthwhile skill.

Edit: Basically, assuming the opponent is rarely eating spears or traps, I'd rather their rarely eaten spear to do more than the rarely eaten trap. The trap is primarily to serve for vision, not for the damage. Offensive uses of traps, or if the lane opponent keeps checking the brush and eating traps, makes W a better choice then. But if we're talking about either extremes of the lane (under own tower, outside their tower), Spear offers more value to me.

Levels on QWE do nothing to her Cougar abilities. Leveling R boosts them.

LCGeek

formerly sane
It'll be good to have you back, need that consistency for spamming games back in my life.

I miss the ganks and the fun. I've been enjoying my time with tv and movies I haven't seen basically since the summer, but some nights I wakeup seeing lol moments that are just out of reach. S3 has me so pumped up, a more S1 like feel but without it's balance. Shit will be awesome this winter and spring.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
lol all those freaking time I thought cougar ability is affect by ranking it up. I take my word back. If it is only between the trap and spear, it doesn't really matter.

scy

I miss the ganks and the fun. I've been enjoying my time with tv and movies I haven't seen basically since the summer, but some nights I wakeup seeing lol moments that are just out of reach. S3 has me so pumped up, a more S1 like feel but without it's balance. Shit will be awesome this winter and spring.

I just want to practice more champions rather than spamming Kat, Riven, Rengar, Jayce, New Champs, etc. every game. Need more games.

lol all those freaking time I thought cougar ability is affect by ranking it up. I take my word back. If it is only between the trap and spear, it doesn't really matter.

Ultimately, the true answer.

I'm bored at work helpmepls

LCGeek

formerly sane
I just want to practice more champions rather than spamming Kat, Riven, Rengar, Jayce, New Champs, etc. every game. Need more games.

Don't worry next season I will be branching out again. Jungle and adc bot mostly but more jungling since other gaffers really want dat adc too. I would love to learn support properly but getting that spot and not gimping others who are far better at support is a little hard a times.

Take who ya need when I get back I can always go late late carry. BTW they gonna fix vayne soon can't wait for her lifesteal bug and aa bugs to severely lessened. Been bugging for months finally gave a response after 1 week of leaving emails with at least 10 different forum topics on the subject.

scy

Don't worry next season I will be branching out again. Jungle and adc bot mostly but more jungling since other gaffers really want dat adc too. I would love to learn support properly but getting that spot and not gimping others who are far better at support is a little hard a times.

I just have champs I want to learn but I don't want to do it in solo queue and deal with ragers. But, at the same time, I don't want to practice champs with GAF games and cost us a game because I'm playing something I don't know :(

I still want to play more games with Elise. She's a rather good early-to-mid game AP Top, just needs better ways to transition into being a tank.

Ferrio

Banned

Take who ya need when I get back I can always go late late carry. BTW they gonna fix vayne soon can't wait for her lifesteal bug and aa bugs to severely lessened. Been bugging for months finally gave a response after 1 week of leaving emails with at least 10 different forum topics on the subject.

Wait... what bugs?

Also I'm snagging Lee sin today. What's his typical jungle build? Lantern I assume?

scy

Also I'm snagging Lee sin today. What's his typical jungle build? Lantern I assume?

The build I'm most used to with him is Wriggles -> Boots2 -> Phage -> Aegis -> FM -> Situational Tankx2. Grabbing an early Doran's before the Wriggle's doesn't hurt. That said, I rarely play my Jungle Lee Sin so ... :|

I love playing with GAF and I think we'd win alot more if we communicated better.

Alot of times we pick teams with low synergy. One game we picked 4 squishy burst carries against 4 tanky bruisers and an ezreal.

We pick comps but then don't play to their strength. We'll pick a long range poke comp but then we keep engaging in massive 5v5 team fights in the jangle. We should identify early what our team is good at and play as such. Do we need to win by midgame? etc. etc.

(I do notice GAF gravitates 99% to the big aoe team fight style of play.)

Botlanes need to communicate their playstyle together. Should the AD initiate all fights or should the support? Do you just want to farm while the support disengages any enemy aggression? etc. etc.

I always play to have fun, it just so happens winning is the most fun thing to me...

<3 GAF, thanks for the mouse recommendation also!

scy

Alot of times we pick teams with low synergy. One game we picked 4 squishy burst carries against 4 tanky bruisers and an ezreal.

Unless this happened again, in which case that's a bizarre coincidence huh?, that game was a blind pick was it not?

We still should have had at least a single tank. We needed a tanky jungler or a tankier top. We also lacked having a reliable initiate for Katarina ults (and I did well in lane vs Morde but not well enough to be our initiate).

Edit: I do agree that almost all of our games are pick what you want sort of games. Except supports typically ask their ADC what support they want.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Wait... what bugs?

Most don't know but vayne doesn't get Lifesteal every silver bolt shot, the way it procs it cancels any lifesteal same for crit or other aa buffs on damage. Try it sometime and notice how on any silver bolt shot you get none at all. Basically gimps you compared to any other ranged adc with a BT, hence my lack of wanting one for most of last season.

Her using E or R frequently causes mis targets, I'm sure you notice this at times when I'm playing. I will go in totally focused on someone blast them down, use a spell and then fail because it doesn't reaquire the target and um I fail to get back on track quick enough. The time in between this causes a lot of problems but riot has been slowing trying to fix this issue not just for vayne but other aa types who this hurts as well. Next to not using smartcast on her e the retargeting takes away a good half a second to a second of time on a target. Once you have zeal and beserkgreaves you're literally losing 1 to 2 attacks each time it happens.

Are you playing again?

I love playing with GAF and I think we'd win alot more if we communicated better.

We pick comps but then don't play to their strength. We'll pick a long range poke comp but then we keep engaging in massive 5v5 team fights in the jangle. We should identify early what our team is good at and play as such. Do we need to win by midgame? etc. etc.

Botlanes need to communicate their playstyle together. Should the AD initiate all fights or should the support? Do you just want to farm while the support disengages any enemy aggression? etc. etc.

I always play to have fun, it just so happens winning is the most fun thing to me...

Gaf just needs captains during games and for people to actually get a plan. A lot of games we throw or lose have nothing to do with skill but utter lack of dealing with issues or having a plan. 25 mins in teams should know whether full pushing, baits, or split pushes are the plan. Though it would be nicer if more people actually used mumble. Next to jungling this is the only real issue effecting most I play with. I'm not excluding myself from this at times I can easily be part of certain problems though usually its when people are being more aggressive than we should be.

Most support on botsI go with are very good at communicating. The issue most gaffers have in a full group is execution and a lack of focus. This can easily be fixed and often is among certain players when we realize we will lose an easy snowball cause of that factor. Part of LOL or the genre at a high level player is adapating and being very honest about the situtation before you.

Ferrio

Banned
The build I'm most used to with him is Wriggles -> Boots2 -> Phage -> Aegis -> FM -> Situational Tankx2. Grabbing an early Doran's before the Wriggle's doesn't hurt. That said, I rarely play my Jungle Lee Sin so ... :|
Okay so tanky items, no mp5. Figured as much.

Most don't know but vayne doesn't get Lifesteal every silver bolt shot, the way it procs it cancels any lifesteal. Try it sometime and notice how on any silver bolt shot you get none at all. Basically gimps you compared to any other ranged adc with a BT, hence my lack of wanting one for most of last season.

Her using E or R frequently causes mis targets, I'm sure you notice this at times when I'm playing. I will go in totally focused on someone blast them down, use a spell and then fail because it doesn't reaquire the target and um I fail to get back on track quick enough. The time in between this causes a lot of problems but riot has been slowing trying to fix this issue not just for vayne but other aa types who this hurts as well. Next to not using smartcast on her e the retargeting takes away a good half a second to a second of time on a target. Once you have zeal and beserkgreaves you're literally losing 1 to 2 attacks each time it happens.

Are you playing again?

Been playing this past week. Ya I noticed that re-aquire target first when Diana came out.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Been playing this past week. Ya I noticed that re-aquire target first when Diana came out.

Hope ya stick around for when I come back.

Hopefully this season riot focuses on getting rid of that bug or lessening it. On some characters it's pure death and makes high skill situations insanely impossible to be consistent in.

Ferrio

Banned
Hope ya stick around for when I come back.

Hopefully this season riot focuses on getting rid of that bug or lessening it. On some characters it's pure death and makes high skill situations insanely impossible to be consistent in.

Had a friend just pick up the game, so he suckered me back in. He's maining Nunu and going mid and doing surprisingly well.

Unless this happened again, in which case that's a bizarre coincidence huh?, that game was a blind pick was it not?

We still should have had at least a single tank. We needed a tanky jungler or a tankier top. We also lacked having a reliable initiate for Katarina ults (and I did well in lane vs Morde but not well enough to be our initiate).

Edit: I do agree that almost all of our games are pick what you want sort of games. Except supports typically ask their ADC what support they want.

Yea that specific game was just an accidental blind pick situation but in general yeah.

Also, alot of our losses come from risky baron calls. If you haven't pinked the area and cleared wards, I say forget it.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

We just pick waifu, power of love can overcome anything!

It is a Chinese thing, we don't want to dishonor our ancestor by backing down.

Gaf just needs captains during games and for people to actually get a plan.

I tried, but people hardly listen to my baron call anymore. "Baron BARON!", "HAHA you funny" T_T

If even Kiunch doesn't like the baron call, abandon ship.

=/

mercviper

Yea that specific game was just an accidental blind pick situation but in general yeah.

Also, alot of our losses come from risky baron calls. If you haven't pinked the area and cleared wards, I say forget it.

KIUNCH!!!!! *shakefist*

Unless someone tells me we need to get first win of the day I goof off and try new characters or off-roles when I play with GAF because I treat normals as my do what I want/try new things/goof off games. It's just relaxing and helps me not get worked up when we throw if I'm in that mentality.

I do love it because its 5 people attacking baron while on mumble all of us are going "oh god this is a bad idea." "uh oh...."

I totally get trying new things. Like, want to do AP leona mid? sure. But I still want to make good decisions and communicate as i derp with AD TF.

scy

That's low!

KIUNCH!!!!! *shakefist*

Hey, Kiunch always calls for baron! Besides, you were in that game Kiunch and I'm pretty sure you were against at least one of the baron calls as well. We were behind enough that even after a good team fight convert, we couldn't realistically take the Baron.

Unless someone tells me we need to get first win of the day I goof off and try new characters or off-roles when I play with GAF because I treat normals as my do what I want/try new things/goof off games. It's just relaxing and helps me not get worked up when we throw if I'm in that mentality.

I ask ahead of time always. And then I pick seriously anyway.

I do love it because its 5 people attacking baron while on mumble all of us are going "oh god this is a bad idea." "uh oh...."

And then we barely even get the baron because the peel out was so arbitrarily bad. Or was that the game after? I forget.

Ferrio

Banned

I totally get trying new things. Like, want to do AP leona mid? sure. But I still want to make good decisions and communicate as i derp with AD TF.

NO

EXGN

I just have champs I want to learn but I don't want to do it in solo queue and deal with ragers. But, at the same time, I don't want to practice champs with GAF games and cost us a game because I'm playing something I don't know :(

I still want to play more games with Elise. She's a rather good early-to-mid game AP Top, just needs better ways to transition into being a tank.

I have't played with GAF much lately, but are we all try-hards now? I remember GAF used to let me jungle Blitzcrank for the lulz. In in-houses, nonetheless.

Wait... what bugs?

Yup I do lantern first as well, having an extra ward to shield towards at a moments notice is a blessing. I can't view youtube at work but I've seen guides that have some great alternate paths for moving through the jungle quickly. I'll post it when I get home.

Ferrio

Banned
I have't played with GAF much lately, but are we all try-hards now? I remember GAF used to let me jungle Blitzcrank for the lulz. In in-houses, nonetheless.

I think when we're a full premade that you have to, cause the other team definitely will be. I think a lot of our normal elos have risen enough that we're out of that stage where we can just fuck around and still pull shit off.

brian!

wriggles on lee:

wriggles is expensivo, you should build it for objectives

lee can build a bunch of ways, if you guys need something kind of tanky you can do what scy says, but you can also go dorans -> BT and annihilate as much as you can before you fall off

scy

I'm always playing seriously. Even if the rest of the team isn't.

lee can build a bunch of ways, if you guys need something kind of tanky you can do what scy says, but you can also go dorans -> BT and annihilate as much as you can before you fall off

If you get a lot of the kills from ganks (and/or have someone else who can go tanky), yeah. Jungler is just kind of the accepted "This is the role that will eventually tank" so the build I listed kind of reflects that.

Ken

GAF doesn't care about winning. That's why I just hit random select until my timer runs out and hope what I get is good.

Also, next support is female and can't wear shoes.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=30956220#post30956220

Ferrio

Banned
"Finished Aegis, going for X next."
"WTF? We already have an Aegis."

Every game.

That really never bothers me. It's a damn good item regardless of the aura. The double stack of the aura is damn nice too.

GAF doesn't care about winning. That's why I just hit random select until my timer runs out and hope what I get is good.

Also, next support is female and can't wear shoes.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=30956220#post30956220

I'd say snake... but we have Cass. Something that flies?

scy

That really never bothers me. It's a damn good item regardless of the aura. The double stack of the aura is damn nice too.

It only bugs me as it would've made more sense to have, say, 1x Aegis + 1x Shurelia's and then get the double up.

Generally speaking, we only ever have this as an "issue" when we're at least slightly ahead so it's almost never actually a setback.

Going with some kind of Djinn/spirit or something water based like a Mermaid.

Or it could be a monster
with perfect breasts still

Ferrio

Banned
A sentient motorcycle?

Actually that'd be a neat idea for a champion. Just some ordinary item that was given life (but not humanoid like fiddle).

FoxSpirit

Oooooh, support. I am curious. Like playing support.

Also, yeah, Jungle Tank. Go Maokai. Won my next few matches after my big game. Scales well into lategame, max CDR Arcane Smash is awesome disruption.

Mxrz

I dig Zyra's ult. Probably shouldn't build her so glass cannon, but blowing up team fights is neat. Don't even aim that much, but I've not had luck getting more than 2 vines/seeds in a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom