• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

Starting elo is 1200. If you consider 1400 elo hell, then better hope you never see sub-800 players. :p
I think 1700 is elo hell, since people who have gotten there often believe they are awesome. Guys at 1400 usually are a bit more down to earth. ;)
For real though, "elo hell" is whatever elo that is a bit below your skill level, but not low enough for you to be able to carry.

inky

Well, the idea for nerfing the stats is that you are only going to buy it for the effect, so when the effect is down the stats will be not that useful in that item slot.

Of course, the revive is pretty powerful on its own, especially to allow people who are ahead stay even more ahead. I've always thought some restrictions were needed (like it being limited supply so only 1 or 2 ppl in each team can get it) but I guess we'll see how Riot handles it. They just seem to nerf everything that gets picked too much.

scy

Want to learn how to carry yourself out of elo hell? Watch Scy.

Carrying the crap outta 1400 players.

One win away. Too tired to play again. I'm expecting the patch to happen 4 PM my time when I'm leaving work just for the ultimate troll.

Edit: Also, I really, really wish I won the game you're referencing here. Go 17 kills and have a 15 kill advantage? np, entire team throws.

One win away. Too tired to play again. I'm expecting the patch to happen 4 PM my time when I'm leaving work just for the ultimate troll.

Nah, Riot will shut off the servers while you're hitting the Nexus in a steamroll match.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Edit: Also, I really, really wish I won the game you're referencing here. Go 17 kills and have a 15 kill advantage? np, entire team throws.

So random, so bitter, so much hate, I never had fun playing those ranked game. At least in solo queue, people are more kickback and relax, those guys... if I went down by 20 cs, they act like I killed their entire family.

In ranked, there are a lot of amazing talented people who type so freaking fast, that within 0.5 seconds after a fight went wrong, they already blamed someone else in chat with this order: champion closest to you -> jungler -> closest lane -> furthest lane for not pushing harder -> lag.

Okay I am done complaining for the day.

mercviper

So random, so bitter, so much hate, I never had fun playing those ranked game. At least in solo queue, people are more kickback and relax, those guys... if I went down by 20 cs, they act like I killed their entire family.

In ranked, there are a lot of amazing talented people who type so freaking fast, that within 0.5 seconds after a fight went wrong, they already blamed someone else in chat with this order: champion closest to you -> jungler -> closest lane -> furthest lane for not pushing harder -> lag.

Poor kiunch. I think I only feel bad playing ranked if my duo partner is a Debbie downer and demoralizes me.

Oh and scy, I won't be on til late tomorrow anyway. Going across town for dinner with family. Good luck on hitting gold. :D

EXGN

Just won with a Taric top on our team. He didn't do much though so not worth posting the screencap. I guess the only way to win is to hope the other team is worse than yours.

There are worse things. He surprisingly shits on a lot of top laners if you max W because he gets so much free armor. Maxed W + Ninja Tabi + runes/masteries = Taric with ~150 armor at level 8.

Ferga

You just gotta make that atmosphere yourself. A lot of 'good work!' 'good job!' and apologising for not warding other people's lane helps.

And if you get the team blame, stay silent. They eventually shut up and if you make a good play, they will praise you cause they have the memory span of a goldfish.

Sometimes I feel like an idiot for spamming 'nice work' every time we get an objective or a kill but it's all for that elo.

garath

You just gotta make that atmosphere yourself. A lot of 'good work!' 'good job!' and apologising for not warding other people's lane helps.

And if you get the team blame, stay silent. They eventually shut up and if you make a good play, they will praise you cause they have the memory span of a goldfish.

Sometimes I feel like an idiot for spamming 'nice work' every time we get an objective or a kill but it's all for that elo.

You know, I do the exact same thing. Lots of "nj!", "nt" and "sorry, I played that poorly" when I'm f'ing up (even sometimes when I'm not) and it keeps the mood lighter. People play better when not raging.

I've been working on Rengar. I think I've finally got a handle on his kit. Took a few trolly blind pick games. Now if he's ever unbanned in solo queue I'll play him. Lots of fun. He really is pretty strong with the slow and the burst damage. Timing his ferocity right lets you blow a carry up in seconds.

I guess I really favor the assassin types. Kassadin, Kat, Ahri, Rengar, Diana. Fits my playstyle.

scy

Nah, Riot will shut off the servers while you're hitting the Nexus in a steamroll match.

But of course.

I don't necessarily mind it as a whole. It's just the fact I have a limited amount of time right now that makes things stand out. But, that's really my own fault so eh.

Poor kiunch. I think I only feel bad playing ranked if my duo partner is a Debbie downer and demoralizes me.

I try not to be but I know I get hit with that >> Especially as the night drags on.

Oh and scy, I won't be on til late tomorrow anyway. Going across town for dinner with family. Good luck on hitting gold. :D

oboy, gotta hope for a quality solo queue game then. Or that Rex wants to duo queue one more game.

Yeah, I try to give as much information as I can. Time downed Flashes, early wards, notable ultimates (and for Karthus ult, try to approximate the damage), time out Dragon/Baron, time any stolen buffs, etc. That kind of information and some general directions (not commanding, just pings and so on) is all that's needed. Solo queue will generally come down to which team plays nicely together.

That's probably the biggest advantage of snowballing. Raising morale.

Edit: This is also why I like duo queue. Not just so that I have someone to rely on skill wise but that I have someone else to rely on for that kind of morale and play calling and general teamwork.

There are worse things. He surprisingly shits on a lot of top laners if you max W because he gets so much free armor. Maxed W + Ninja Tabi + runes/masteries = Taric with ~150 armor at level 8.

Yeah, anti-AD top lane tanky AP Taric is actually a serious lane bully.

I know because I've done it. He's like a safer AP Sion. I tried doing an AD Taric top lane and that failed pretty bad, though.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't really know much about Shen, and I think I lost top lane the one time I tried him there, but last night I picked Shen since he wasn't banned in ranked, and someone wanted me to go support with Draven since Darius was top.

It actually seemed to work pretty well. Shen didn't seem to need many items to keep himself healed up, and if Draven or I ever got in range for a slow or taunt, we could combo for a bunch of damage, in addition to me occasionally ulting across the map. I have no idea if support Shen is viable against decent players, though.

scy

Interesting:

Hm. This probably isn't a good time to mention that I removed FoN and scattered its various passives and pieces to the wind onto other items.

This and the GA changes ... man, how I build tank now?!

Blizzard

Banned
Build three thornmails, plus frozen heart and randuins and cape of suns and banshees veil like per usual!

If you need magic resist I guess there might be fewer seashell options unless they replace one, however.

Wrekt

I learned a lot in my few return games last night.

1) If someone picks Ashe on your team, he will feed 14+ deaths with 0 kills, garbage CS and will constantly push the lane so you can't ever help with ganks.

2) No matter what items I start with in the jungle, the support will talk shit on my choice. He will then build a DFG and RoA with no wards.

3) I am an incestual black jew.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I don't really know much about Shen, and I think I lost top lane the one time I tried him there, but last night I picked Shen since he wasn't banned in ranked, and someone wanted me to go support with Draven since Darius was top.

It actually seemed to work pretty well. Shen didn't seem to need many items to keep himself healed up, and if Draven or I ever got in range for a slow or taunt, we could combo for a bunch of damage, in addition to me occasionally ulting across the map. I have no idea if support Shen is viable against decent players, though.

Shen bot support isn't bad it's not optimal. With certain adcs, bruisers, or supports he is pretty good considering his taunt done well can shut down a lot.

scy

The wording makes it sound like they just wanted a few extra hours. I hope that it's at least the full day, though. I need one last game.

Here's hoping, I suppose.

Shen bot support isn't bad it's not optimal. With certain adcs, bruisers, or supports he is pretty good considering his taunt done well can shut down a lot.

To be fair, a lot of other supports have better shutdowns but none have the same kind of global presence that Shen would. Zyra's probably the best "unconventional" support to be learned right now.

Honestly, I'm not even sure we should be saying unconventional for Zyra anymore.

garath

To be fair, a lot of other supports have better shutdowns but none have the same kind of global presence that Shen would. Zyra's probably the best "unconventional" support to be learned right now.

Honestly, I'm not even sure we should be saying unconventional for Zyra anymore.

Zyra is the new blitzcrank. No sustain but strong CC and kill lane potential. Huge teamfighting.

Btw, congratz on the near gold :)

LCGeek

formerly sane

Not saying he is great but unless you get a blitz or hard counter to shut him down he can be in the lane with very few issues. His heal actually makes the lane decent when me and few people you know who queue with me use him. With vayne that heal and taunt are basically free kills near a wall or when jungler gets involved.

Zyra you say, I must see this but I agree on the potential. You're mean just thinking of the harass from plants can be just as bad as teemo or nidalee doing good support.

Hopefully I will be back tonight. I have a quick question for people in to this game and on 64bit os/machine. Is there 64bit download or is it all one package. My new machine unlike the C2D will be 64bit based and am wondering if I can take my current install and leave it be or if I have to redownload all again.

scy

Zyra is the new blitzcrank. No sustain but strong CC and kill lane potential. Huge teamfighting.

I'm not sure how they can fix this besides giving her better AP ratios and lower base damage. Then she'll potentially be ridiculously good in mid lane. Maybe lower durations on her CC in lane, I guess.

Also, it's so hard to not get kills or cs with her when zoning.

Honestly, it's not that bad of a grind but I should have taken it more seriously and just spammed games for a few days awhile ago. I got to 1400 pretty easily one night so I just assumed it'd be 3-4 games to finish it off. Not necessarily "elo hell" but just expecting win streaks and not factoring some losses has put me in this situation.

Then there's just the troll-y awful games, but that's to be expected really. They're not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but really do suck. If I was playing ranked "normally", it wouldn't be a big deal I suppose. I think for Season 3, I'll work on my ADC some so I can comfortably carry a game as Top/Mid/Bot and then just hope I don't get jungler. dat Maokai game ><*

Whatever though, stepping back from the game to do a mission or two in Ragnarok Odyssey to reset has been fine~ By the way, I haven't been checking that OT as much, I assume your copy shipped and all fine, right? I think there's still a few people with shipping woes somehow.

I actually had like three good early ganks top/mid. And then top GP just suicided over and over and mid couldn't beat a Lux 1v1 with Orianna.

Not saying he is great but unless you get a blitz or hard counter to shut him down he can be in the lane with very few issues. His heal actually makes the lane decent when me and few people you know who queue with me use him. With vayne that heal and taunt are basically free kills near a wall or when jungler gets involved.

Just saying that his Taunt is nice but I think, as a total kit, others have better options. Leona stuns and Zyra snare/zone knockup are the two that immediately come to mind. Shen works there but I think it's more to get his global still :x

Vorpal for sustain plus his taunt, though, is a nice combination to have for bot lane that you don't really get with any other support option.

Zyra you say, I must see this but I agree on the potential. You're mean just thinking of the harass from plants can be just as bad as teemo or nidalee doing good support.

Not sure how well Zyra would go with a Vayne (snares + Condemn? Hm) but I'll gladly Zyra support for you some time :x

Hopefully I will be back tonight. I have a quick question for people in to this game and on 64bit os/machine. Is there 64bit download or is it all one package. My new machine unlike the C2D will be 64bit based and am wondering if I can take my current install and leave it be or if I have to redownload all again.

Off-hand, I want to say it's just the one install. It's been awhile though, I might be wrong.

EXGN

The wording makes it sound like they just wanted a few extra hours. I hope that it's at least the full day, though. I need one last game.

Here's hoping, I suppose.

Support TF! lol

garath

I'm not sure how they can fix this besides giving her better AP ratios and lower base damage. Then she'll potentially be ridiculously good in mid lane. Maybe lower durations on her CC in lane, I guess.

Also, it's so hard to not get kills or cs with her when zoning.

Honestly, it's not that bad of a grind but I should have taken it more seriously and just spammed games for a few days awhile ago. I got to 1400 pretty easily one night so I just assumed it'd be 3-4 games to finish it off. Not necessarily "elo hell" but just expecting win streaks and not factoring some losses has put me in this situation.

Then there's just the troll-y awful games, but that's to be expected really. They're not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but really do suck. If I was playing ranked "normally", it wouldn't be a big deal I suppose. I think for Season 3, I'll work on my ADC some so I can comfortably carry a game as Top/Mid/Bot and then just hope I don't get jungler. dat Maokai game ><*

Whatever though, stepping back from the game to do a mission or two in Ragnarok Odyssey to reset has been fine~ By the way, I haven't been checking that OT as much, I assume your copy shipped and all fine, right? I think there's still a few people with shipping woes somehow.

Reducing the CC duration is the only way, but she'll still be a strong support. At least Blitz has competition now.

I've just stopped doing ranked all together. Had a very trolly 4 losses in a row in my placement and have just been sitting in the high side of 1200. Plus I keep trying new champs and don't want to do that in ranked.

Got my copy of Ragnarok last week. Fun game :) Been playing that on and off. Great reason to dust off the Vita.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Just saying that his Taunt is nice but I think, as a total kit, others have better options. Leona stuns and Zyra snare/zone knockup are the two that immediately come to mind. Shen works there but I think it's more to get his global still :x

Vorpal for sustain plus his taunt, though, is a nice combination to have for bot lane that you don't really get with any other support option.

For support I totally agree, but ignore me when I say shit like that I tend to focus on one or two things vs the whole.

Not sure how well Zyra would go with a Vayne (snares + Condemn? Hm) but I'll gladly Zyra support for you some time :x

VS certain types it would be lethal. Only problem match ups would be a blitz or leona. Zyra can out harass most she would face, except for dealing with jungle she would be pretty good with me. If you want adc practice I can give you cheese support just gotta give me pointers on how you wish to play makes support much easier for me. Remember what I say about bot abuse matchups and certain people are just as good if not nastier in taking out the meta. Synergies and organization decimate tryharding.

Avinexus

Good kill potential, but she dies way easier than Blitz, like one of the squishiest in the game kind of champs.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Annie is best support. :D

At some point I will probably do Poppy support too...

Better do some poppy support or let me support that poppy. Double wall stun fuck gg. Just wait till lvl 3 harassing when you can. Then lvl3 comes and boom double kill.

Had a game where the enemy Jayce DC'ed at the start so we steamrolled in 20 minutes. I was Janna with Graves against a Sivir/Taric but we managed to hold our own. It helped that Graves dashed back every time Taric fired his stun.

The next game, karma kicked in. Our Morgana DC'ed so I had to cover mid as Soraka and when she came back our jungle Xin left. Plus our last pick went MF against Sona/Ez bot. So my winning streak stopped at 4.

Ferrio

Banned
That or alistar is vicious. The knock back and stun effect just wrecks people who have no idea how to position.

You gonna be around to play today?

Not until late tonight, election shenigans happening today. Throwing a party, friend ordered deep dish pizza from chicago and there will be lots of drinking... maybe even *lots* depending on who wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom